• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Your Investment: Cooking Tips for Budget-Savvy Customers

In summary, the conversation is about finding ways to help customers use products to get more value out of their purchases. Ideas mentioned include cooking ahead and freezing portions for later use, using the stoneware roasting pan for browning large amounts of ground beef and making dishes like lasagna and casseroles, making cookie kisses and freezing them for later use, using the stoneware pan to cook different types of meat at once, and making mashed potatoes and freezing them in individual portions. There is also a request for cookie recipes and a question about preventing potatoes from turning brown.
jhummel
I'm looking for ways to help customers use our products to help them get more bang out of their buck. i/e Cooking ahead ideas or how to keep things fresher. I already cook chicken ahead of time and cut up or shred as well as ground beef. Any other ideas out there?
Julie
[email protected]

I've heard that the new Roasting Pan can be used on the stovetop for things like ground beef. I think I heard somewhere that it can brown 7 POUNDS of ground beef at once! This is a great way to do investment cooking. Once it cools, people can package it up in ziplock freezer bags in 1 lb portions and have it all ready to go for recipes. The Roasting Pan can also be used for lasagne, rice krispie treats, big casseroles, etc.

Those were the ideas that came to mind.

Cookie Kisses can be made so quickly! I plan to make a million and freeze for later use. Bet the pecan tassies & mini-quich can be frozen too.

:)

The new stoneware cookbook has a recipe for a meat sauce that you can make ahead and freeze, then defrost when you need to make three completely different recipes: Chili, Tostadas and Pasta Rollups....we did this last week and all three of them were so yummy!

There's another cookbook that we have w/ a section "Cook Once, Eat twice" that has several recipes you make for one meal and have enough for leftovers to make another meal.

Another tip I learned was to make mashed potatoes, put them in muffin pan and freeze them. After they're frozen, put 2-3 each into ziploc bags and you can defrost them when you need them, plus they're already in individually portioned sizes.

This was an idea from my hospitality director...you can use the Roasting Pan to cook several different meats (such as pork tenderloin, chicken, beef) at once. Since they're all on the rack and not in the pan, the juices won't mix. Once they're cooked you can freeze the cooked meat or use for the week in tacos, lasagna, sandwiches, etc.

I'm not sure about cooking temp/time, though!

Investment Cooking Tips con'tSusan- Could you e-mail me your cookie recipes?
[email protected] or www.pamperedchef.biz/shopping

Also does anyone know a tip for keeping potatoes from turning brown/black?

Thanks for your help!
Julie

1. What is investment cooking?

Investment cooking is a method of cooking where you pre-prepare meals or ingredients in bulk and freeze them for later use. This saves time and effort in the kitchen, making meal preparation easier and more efficient.

2. What are the benefits of investment cooking?

Investment cooking allows you to save time, money, and energy in the kitchen. By prepping and freezing meals or ingredients, you can easily have a home-cooked meal on busy nights without the hassle of cooking from scratch. It also helps reduce food waste and allows for better portion control.

3. What types of meals are suitable for investment cooking?

Investment cooking works well for dishes that can be easily frozen and reheated, such as soups, stews, casseroles, and sauces. You can also prep ingredients like chopped vegetables, marinated meats, and homemade stocks for future use.

4. How long can investment cooking meals be stored in the freezer?

Most investment cooking meals can be safely stored in the freezer for 3-6 months. It is important to properly label and date your meals to ensure they are used within the recommended time frame.

5. Do I need special tools or containers for investment cooking?

While there are specific containers designed for freezer storage, you can also use resealable plastic bags or even aluminum foil to store your investment cooking meals. Just make sure they are air-tight to prevent freezer burn.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cincychef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
CABean03
  • blueberrylady
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies