• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do I fix an invalid card number for a VISA payment?

P
priscilla
Alrighty, I am putting in payment info for a guest, and getting an invalid card number. The # is correct, it is a VISA. Anyone have this happen and was able to correct it? How?

Robin

It usually means you are one number off or check the expiration date. Or there could be one number missing! :rolleyes: Can you tell this has happened to me a lot!!:) I would check those things first and then call the customer.

That's the exact problem I had, Kristi! I had wrote down triple 3's instead of double. URRGG!

wow!I'm so very glad you posted this.. its happening to me as of last night and still no call back from the customer. I will call her again to double check the #s but I typed it in at least 10x and still invalid. At this point I wish I would've had them write their # down so that if its a mistake it doesnt make me look bad lol KWIM?

Talk about irritatingI know that one. I usually do end up calling. I have this minor problem called "screwing up" when I write them down, if they didn't. I just love to transpose numbers! It has actually become a joke to my regulars who use their credit cards all the time. They know I will be calling them back eventually.

What does it mean when I get an "invalid card number" error for a VISA payment?

An "invalid card number" error typically means that there is an issue with the credit card number being inputted. This could be due to a typo, incorrect formatting, or the card being expired or cancelled. It is important to double check the number and try again, making sure to enter all digits and spaces correctly.

Is there a specific format for entering VISA card numbers?

Yes, VISA card numbers follow a specific format of 16 digits, which are typically divided into groups of four for easier reading. It is important to enter the numbers in the correct order and include any spaces or dashes that may be present on the physical card.

My VISA card number is correct, so why am I still getting an error?

There could be several reasons why a correct VISA card number is still producing an error. It is possible that the card is expired or has been cancelled by the issuer. It is also possible that there is an issue with the card's security code or billing address, which should be double checked for accuracy.

What should I do if I keep getting an "invalid card number" error for my VISA payment?

If you have double checked the card number and it is still producing an error, it is best to contact your credit card issuer for assistance. They may be able to provide more information about why the card is being declined and help resolve the issue.

Can I use a VISA debit card for online payments?

Yes, VISA debit cards can typically be used for online payments just like a traditional credit card. However, keep in mind that the card must have enough funds available for the transaction to go through successfully.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melissasutkus
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • kailyon
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kailyon
  • AZPampered Chef