• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Ready to take your cooking to the next level with stoneware?

In summary, stoneware is a type of ceramic cookware made from natural clay and fired at high temperatures. It is durable, distributes heat evenly, and is safe to use in the oven, microwave, and dishwasher. Cooking with stoneware is healthier because it does not contain harmful chemicals and preserves the nutrients and flavors of food. It does not need to be seasoned, but it is recommended to lightly grease before each use. Stoneware is not suitable for stovetop use and should be cleaned with warm, soapy water and handled carefully to avoid sudden temperature changes. With proper care, stoneware can last for many years.
rx3584
I am new to cooking with stoneware and hoping to expand my culinary talents by making healthier meals.

Welcome to CS!

1. What is stoneware and how is it different from other cookware?

Stoneware is a type of ceramic cookware that is made from natural clay and fired at high temperatures. It is known for its durability and ability to distribute heat evenly, resulting in more evenly cooked food. Unlike other types of cookware, stoneware is safe to use in the oven, microwave, and dishwasher.

2. How does cooking with stoneware make meals healthier?

Stoneware is made from natural materials and does not contain any harmful chemicals or coatings. This means that when cooking with stoneware, there is no risk of these chemicals leaching into your food. Additionally, stoneware's ability to distribute heat evenly allows for food to cook at lower temperatures, preserving the nutrients and flavors of the ingredients.

3. Do I need to season my stoneware before using it?

No, stoneware does not need to be seasoned like cast iron cookware. However, it is recommended to lightly grease the stoneware before each use to prevent food from sticking and to help with cleaning.

4. Can I use stoneware on the stovetop?

No, stoneware is not suitable for use on the stovetop. It is specifically designed for use in the oven, microwave, and under the broiler.

5. How do I clean and care for my stoneware?

Cleaning and caring for stoneware is simple. After each use, allow the stoneware to cool completely before washing it with warm, soapy water. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials, as they can damage the stoneware. It is also recommended to avoid sudden temperature changes, such as placing hot stoneware in cold water, as this can cause it to crack. With proper care, stoneware can last for many years.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• StrengtheningCore
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Michele
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefTami