• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Virtual Bridal Shower: The Perfect Solution for Long-Distance Celebrations

In summary, Beth is trying to figure out what is tacky about having the guests order items for the shower and then have them arrive in time for the wedding. Not all bridal showers have this practice, but it can be a great way to get high quality gifts for the bride.
chefmom
I just did a craft fair this weekend and had a lady accidentally mark bridal shower on the info form and when I asked her about the wedding she meant to mark kitchen party but does have a son getting married soon, but her future daughter in law is in another state. I mentioned that we could do a bridal shower via e-mail and my web site. Any ideas on how to sell this and present a e-mail?? :confused:

Last edited:
Virtual Bridal Show
chefmom said:
I just did a craft fair this weekend and had a lady accidentally mark bridal shower on the info form and when I asked her about the wedding she meant to mark kitchen party but does have a son getting married soon, but her future daughter in law is in another state. I mentioned that we could do a bridal shower via e-mail and my web site. Any ideas on how to sell this and present a e-mail?? :confused:

You can register the bride on line and have the host include the registry cards in a shower invitation. I'd give the host a list of what is on the registry too and they can collect the orders ahead of time by having guests email or call you after they've checked out the website registry (or, for those not using computers, the list). Remember to tell the host that if guests also order for themselves it gives the bride even more gifts!

Then place the order in time for the gifts to arrive for the shower - and the host can have them on display with a card saying who they're from. I would have her put additional catalogs out for possible additional orders in a followup catalog show - even more for the bride.

As far as email is concerned just write a script describing the virtual party and how much extra the bride will get because of the host benefits - stressing the deadline so the gifts arrive in time. Also, I would definitely follow-up to be sure everyonehas a chance to order. Don't forget to also remind them that the bride gets a booking benefit if they book their own party too!

Thank you!Beth,
Thank you for your great idea for the internet bridal show! I am also in the same boat. I had a guest book a show for a bridal shower, that will be in Montana, but the host lives here. They are attempting to have the shower May 17, and the wedding is mid-June. Here is my dilemma. Since the show was booked so close to the actual shower, would it be tacky for the host to have the brides friends actually order at the shower and then those gifts will arrive in time for the wedding? I printed out all the stuff from the PC website and plan on having the bride to be fill out an online registry in the next day or so. help!! I am a newer consultant and have never done a bridal show, let alone one in another state! :)

Thanks for any help any of you might have. I hope this makes sense!!

Heide Maschhoff
Independent Kitchen Consultant
Washington[/FONT]

heidemaschhoff said:
Beth,
Thank you for your great idea for the internet bridal show! I am also in the same boat. I had a guest book a show for a bridal shower, that will be in Montana, but the host lives here. They are attempting to have the shower May 17, and the wedding is mid-June. Here is my dilemma. Since the show was booked so close to the actual shower, would it be tacky for the host to have the brides friends actually order at the shower and then those gifts will arrive in time for the wedding? I printed out all the stuff from the PC website and plan on having the bride to be fill out an online registry in the next day or so. help!! I am a newer consultant and have never done a bridal show, let alone one in another state! :)

Thanks for any help any of you might have. I hope this makes sense!!

Heide Maschhoff
Independent Kitchen Consultant
Washington[/FONT]

Not tacky at all! You are HELPING them get very high quality and useful gifts for the bride! Most orders are placed at the bridal shower and not ahead of time. I have cards prepared for the guest to fill out when they place their order and at the end of the show the bride "opens" her gifts and reads off what she got. I then tell her how much free she got and ask her to tell what other gifts she'll pick out of her wish list. They love that!

Help???I am trying to make a checklist for an online shower similar to the one found on the forum for a real-life shower. Please let me know of any and all adjustments you can suggest. Thanks!! (Sorry it looks so plain, txt format is the only format I can save to that I can post on the forum. It looks much better in my regular format!)

Paula in TN

Attachments

• online shower.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 589
textPaula, Is there any way you could copy and paste the text into a message? I'm unable to open your text file.

Thanks in advance!!
Jody

1. What is an Internet Bridal Shower?

An Internet Bridal Shower is a virtual celebration of the bride-to-be's upcoming wedding. It allows guests from different locations to participate in the shower through online platforms such as video calls, group chats, and online games.

2. How do I plan an Internet Bridal Shower?

To plan an Internet Bridal Shower, you can start by creating a guest list, choosing a date and time that works for everyone, and deciding on a virtual platform for the shower. You can also incorporate traditional elements such as gift opening and games to make the event more interactive.

3. Can I still give gifts at an Internet Bridal Shower?

Yes, you can still give gifts at an Internet Bridal Shower. Many online retailers offer options for gift registries, or you can ask guests to send gifts directly to the bride's address. You can also include a virtual gift opening session during the shower.

4. How do guests participate in an Internet Bridal Shower?

Guests can participate in an Internet Bridal Shower through the designated virtual platform. They can join video calls, participate in group chats or games, and send gifts to the bride. It's essential to provide clear instructions and links for guests to access the virtual shower.

5. What are some ideas for virtual games at an Internet Bridal Shower?

Some ideas for virtual games at an Internet Bridal Shower include virtual scavenger hunts, trivia games about the couple, and online versions of traditional shower games such as "Bridal Bingo" or "Wedding Mad Libs." You can also ask guests to share photos or memories of the bride on a designated social media platform.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Trish1953
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
rayday
Replies
Views
Jenni