1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Interesting Phone Call

1. crystalscookingnow

crystalscookingnow Senior Member Gold Member

I just had an interesting phone call... Someone from H.O. just called to remind me that I had achieved 1/2 off conference registration with my sales in April.

Love that they are looking out for us! Unfortunately, I can't attend conference, but I think it's cool that they're calling people!

2. pcsharon1

pcsharon1 Veteran Member Gold Member

Wish you could "gift" it to someone. Do you think it will show up on your taxes if you don't use it? It would be great to be able to give that to downline or upline .................or me!

Jun 4, 2009
  3. Crystal Patton

Crystal Patton Advanced Member

LOL!!!

(fine, here are a few more characters!)

4. crystalscookingnow

crystalscookingnow Senior Member Gold Member

I don't know! I never thought about the taxes portion of it. I wouldn't think that it would, but you never know.

I wish that I could gift it to someone! I would definitely do it!

5. c00p

c00p Veteran Member Gold Member

I got a call today today and she asked why I hadn't registered yet (earned 1/2 price too) and I told her travel expenses.....and there are a few other things too.

Jun 4, 2009
  6. susanr613

susanr613 Senior Member Gold Member

IMO registration is way down this year and they are trying to make their budget. half of my clustermates who went last year (including me) are not going this year for various reasons, including money.

i know i'm being a downer - i think it's not very cool to encourage people to go into debt by, all of a sudden, announcing that we can put reg on our personal credit cards.

i had fun last year, my first year in PC, but truly the only thing i am using to this day is the feeding america clip. when i'm ready to leverage the time and expense to improve my business, i'll go.

Jun 5, 2009
  7. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

yeah, I'm not a fan of encouraging consultants to go into debt.

Jun 5, 2009
  8. smspamperedchef

smspamperedchef Veteran Member Silver Member

well my debit card is my credit card. That's all I have!

Don't think they are encouraging people to go into debt. Just trying to make it easier if one wanted to go. It's a personal choice whether they used their debit card/credit card/ or PC debit. Still came out of their pocket somehow. PC wants everyone to be able to go that wants to. Just trying to help with more solutions!

9. pcsharon1

I don't think they are encouraging people to go into debt - just making life a little easier. In my case, I only use my PC account for shows. I deposit the checks from my shows and use my pc debit card to submit online. I don't keep much extra cash in there - maybe $30 in case a check doesn't clear. We are military so we move every couple of years but our main bank doesn't. It's in Texas - I'm in New Jersey. For me to register with my debit card I would have to go to an ATM to make a withdrawl, then to my PC bank to deposit before I registered. This is just way easier. My commission and my husbands pay are both direct deposited into that bank in Texas. It would have been a hassle to have had to register using my PC debit card.

Jun 6, 2009
  10. erinyourpclady

erinyourpclady Veteran Member Gold Member

Sharon..betcha we have the same bank ;)

11. pcsharon1

Bet you're right! Best bank ever! Took us a few years in to find it but so much better than those on post banks it's not even funny.

Jun 6, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted