• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking to Make My Show Interactive and Hands On - Any Suggestions?

In summary, Kristamk is looking for an interactive show and has found a way to do it using index cards with guests picking a card to do.
smooz
Hi Everyone,

I'm getting a little bored with my show and looking to spice things up. I want to make my show completely interactive and hands on and let my host and guests put the recipes together. I think I know what I would like to do, just wondering if you any of you have any suggestions or pointers for me? Any advice would be appreciated! :)

I always loved the idea of interactive shows but never really knew how to make them happen. I hate calling on people and you KNOW they never volunteer!! A few months ago (maybe 6 or 8?) I saw something in a consultant news that gave me exactly what I was looking for! A consultant (I have no idea who, sorry!) said that she wrote out the steps for the recipe on index cards and had everyone pick one and then come up and do it. I've tried that at 3 shows and it's been a blast! One of the shows got completely out of hand and I lost a bit of control but I just 'rolled with it' and did the best I could to corral everyone back to the show. I think it helps if you can have everything going on in one central place. The out of hand show was a little split up... So anyway, I just write the steps on index cards (or print out a table w/the text from my computer if it's a recipe that I have/find online) then during the show when we get to the cooking part I put the cards face down on the table and tell everyone to pick a card. For small groups, I tell them to keep on picking till all the cards are gone even if people have to take more than one. Then I tell them that they're going to do my job for me and that they'll come up, read their card for all of us to hear and then do what it says. It allows me to talk about the products while the guests are working and point out highlights rather than having to focus on educating and cooking at the same time. So far, I love it! I've actually had people cheering for their friends when they come up to help! I think I'm going to start offering just a few recipes instead of my usual, 'whatever you'd like to have' approach so that I'll always have my cards ready and it'll be one less thing to worry about during show prep!HTH :)

I don't know where it is in beta but in the original site there is a section for audio training. There you can download audio files of conference talks and one of the ones on bookings I believe goes into detail on how to do the steps like kristamk is talking about and she also asks questions like "who likes to be in charge?" that person gets to read the recipe. "who likes to tell others what to do?" that person gets to call on people to do jobs. I have done it a couple times and it has worked well.

What is an Interactive Hands on Show?

An Interactive Hands on Show is a cooking demonstration hosted by a Pampered Chef consultant where guests can experience and learn about Pampered Chef products and cooking techniques firsthand.

How long does an Interactive Hands on Show last?

An Interactive Hands on Show typically lasts about 2-3 hours, depending on the type of show and the number of guests in attendance.

Do I need to purchase anything during the show?

No, there is no obligation to purchase anything during the show. However, guests are welcome to shop and place orders if they are interested in any of the products or specials being offered.

Can I host an Interactive Hands on Show at my home?

Yes, as a host, you can choose to have the show at your home or at another location of your choice. Our consultants will work with you to find the best option for your show.

What can I expect at an Interactive Hands on Show?

At an Interactive Hands on Show, you can expect to learn new cooking techniques, sample delicious recipes, and have the opportunity to purchase high-quality Pampered Chef products. You will also have the chance to earn free products and discounts as a host or guest.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Nfldfran
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
vickeme1
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies
Views
kdangel518