• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Insulated Tote for Hot and Cold Foods - Perfect for Family Reunions!

In summary, the Pampered Chef insulated tote is designed for keeping cold foods cold with ice packs, but it can also help to keep hot foods warm. The foil-like lining helps to retain heat, so using a hot pack along with the tote can be effective. However, it is important to note that the use and care guide advises against using hot foods or vessels with the tote. To avoid direct contact with the plastic layer, it is recommended to wrap the hot pack and food in a towel before placing it in the tote. Preheating the tote with the hot pack can also help to keep the food warm for your 90-minute drive to the family reunion.
keynibear
I know this is used for cold foods with ice packs, but has anyone used it to help keep food hot?

I noticed the lining on the inside is foil like. I have some hot/cold packs. I was wondering using the hot pack I could keep food warm?

We are going to a fmaily reunion in a couple of weeks, and my husband's grandmother wants to take fried chicken. The reunion however is 90 minutess away from where we live (she is very picky, and wants the chicken from a specific place). I am wondering if the chicken will stay hot. or at least warm if we put it in the tote with a hot pack.

The "use & care" information says: Do not use with hot foods or vessels.Not sure that I would use a hot-pack in it, but you may be able to put the food in there, wrapped in a towel or something so it is not in direct contact with the liner. Maybe you could put the hot-pack inside the towel against the container of food. I have the tote we earned a few years back (the green/blue one), and that's what I have done with it with no trouble.

I missed that on the use & care guide, but thanks for letting me know, and thank you for the idea.

I think these new ones are different than the old picnic tote with the blue & green circles because the new ones have the foil, but over that there is a thick plastic layer. My guess is that a certain temp. might harm that plastic. So, I'd definitely wrap a towel or something and be sure nothing touches the plastic directly. I wish they had made these for both hot & cold.

Hi there! Thank you for your question. While the Pampered Chef insulated tote is primarily designed for keeping cold foods cold with ice packs, it can also help to keep hot foods warm. The foil-like lining helps to retain heat, so using a hot pack along with the tote can definitely help to keep your fried chicken warm during your 90-minute drive to the family reunion. I would recommend preheating the tote with the hot pack for a few minutes before placing the chicken inside. This will help to create a warm environment for the chicken to stay warm. I hope you have a great time at the reunion and enjoy the delicious fried chicken! Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy cooking!

What is the size of the Insulated on the Go Tote?

The Insulated on the Go Tote measures 14.5 inches in length, 6 inches in width, and 12 inches in height. It has enough room to fit a 9x13 inch casserole dish or multiple smaller containers.

Is the Insulated on the Go Tote machine washable?

Yes, the Insulated on the Go Tote is machine washable. However, we recommend hand washing and air drying for best results.

How long can the Insulated on the Go Tote keep food hot or cold?

The Insulated on the Go Tote can keep food hot or cold for up to 2 hours. For best results, we recommend using ice packs or hot packs to help maintain the temperature.

What is the material of the Insulated on the Go Tote?

The Insulated on the Go Tote is made of a durable, water-resistant fabric with insulated lining to keep food at the desired temperature. It also has a sturdy zipper closure and reinforced handles for easy carrying.

Can the Insulated on the Go Tote be used for both hot and cold food?

Yes, the Insulated on the Go Tote is designed to keep both hot and cold food at the desired temperature. It is perfect for picnics, potlucks, and other on-the-go occasions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• toaster_pastry
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Jacquelyn Scheel
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
StewartKerr
  • esavvymom