• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Can I Use My Cookie Molds for More Than Just Baking?

In summary, the Pampered Chef molds are great for using with a variety of edible and non-edible ingredients to create some great gifts and decorative pieces. PC stone molds are HIGHLY collectible.
anyone have the instructions for the old cookie molds?

This is info I have in my files... I didn't write this up (so I'm not sure who to give credit to... sorry!) and haven't tried any of these...

Pampered Chef molds are great for using with a variety of edible and non-edible ingredients to create some great gifts and decorative pieces. Let your creativity run wild! PC stone molds are HIGHLY collectible.

Stoneware Mold ideas:

SALT DOUGH DECORATIONS
Mix thoroughly: 1 cup salt, 4 cups flour, and 1 to 1½ cups of warm water. This works best when dough is slightly dry and stiff. Press into greased cookie mold firmly and smooth off the back, then invert onto cookie sheet. Bake at 250 for 2 hours or until dry and golden brown. For best results, turn over when top side appears done. To make a hole for hanging, use a small straw and poke through the dough before baking. Add cinnamon to the dough to give it antiqued appearance. Paint, varnish, or leave as is. Store in a cool dry place for years of enjoyment. If you don't want to make your own dough they you can buy clay that can be pressed into the molds and is sold in different colors. Follow their directions on the box for craft clay projects.

PAPER ORNAMENTS
Cut a brown bag, white paper towels or even tissue in small pieces and soak in warm water for 15 minutes. Put in blender and blend to pulp stage. You can wax the edge of the mold for easier removal but I have never had problems getting them out. Pour pulp into the mold, squeezing out excess water and pushing the paper pulp into the mold firmly and allowing some of the pulp to feather over the edge. Let air dry for 24 - 48 hours or in the oven 150 degrees until dry. Add a gold filigree thread to complete your ornament or package tie-on. You can even save your lint from the clothes dryer, put in blender with water, put in mold and press water out. These are fun for the kids but only save your cleanest dryer lint. Brown Bag Cookie Art has a kit to make paper ornaments (available at craft stores). If you don't want quite as much of a mess, you need a roll of toilet paper, spray bottle of water and your cookie mold. Spray mold with a little water, rip off sheets of toilet paper to cover the mold and be 4 or 5 layers thick. With your fingers press into the mold, really firmly into every crack of the mold. Over spray this with another squirt of water and more layers. Don't spray too much water, it won't hurt anything you just end up with a mess. If you want your mold thick you may use the entire roll of paper, so it's nice to make them thin if you have tired hands. The area that is beyond your mold can be torn in an uneven manner, or you can tuck it in every layer so there is nothing to tear off. Many uses for these - pretty framed or just as a decoration. These should keep you entertained for some time. Some make a mess but they make fun memories with your children. Be sure to have a tight fitting lid for your blender when you do the paper into pulp.

COOKIES
Use your favorite sugar cookie or almond cookie recipe; stiff dough works best. Chill dough for easier molding. Spray lightly with PAM. Starting at one side, press firmly into the mold, adding more as needed. Be sure to level the back. Gently begin to peel the dough out at the top or bottom, the rest falls onto the baking sheet. Click here for some great cookie recipes!

CINNAMON CLAY ORNAMENTS
Mix 1 cup applesauce, 1½ cups cinnamon, ⅓ cup white school glue. Mix all together and knead until forms smooth "clay." Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Dust mold with cinnamon. Press into greased mold and invert on cookie sheet. Press an addition piece of the dough to assist getting the clay out of the mold. Use a straw to poke a hole in the top if desired. Allow to dry for about 4-5 days.

CINNAMON ORNAMENTS
Mx 1 cup applesauce and 1 - 1¼ cups cinnamon. Press firmly into a greased mold smoothing the back and invert on cookie sheet. Bake at 150 degrees for approximately 3 hours. These will shrink and they smell wonderful!

CHOCOLATE or ALMOND BARK
Place cookie mold in freezer for 20 min. Spray mold with Pam when removed. Melt 4 squares of chocolate in the microwave in a small mixing bowl. Heat just long enough to melt it. Because your stone will be cold, the chocolate could break your stone if it is too hot. Pour melted chocolate into mold and place back in freezer for 20 more minutes. It will come out of the mold when turned over. If you have problems getting it out, make sure it is chilled all the way, sometimes it pulls away from mold a little, or you may need to tap it on the counter. Be gentle. If you have a Cake decorating/chocolate mold store, you can get pieces of chocolate that are all different colors. We place 8 or 9 different colors on a large dinner plate and melt them. This type of chocolate is thick and the colors won't run all over the plate. Every time you paint a new color let it cool a bit and then they won't melt into each other. Kids love this.

BUTTER MOLD
Freeze mold first for 20 minutes. Soften butter and press into mold, smoothing it off the back. Put back into the freezer for 20. Place shaped butter on dinner plate decorated with parsley or colored doily.

CREAM CHEESE MOLDS
Put your cookie mold into the freezer for about 30 minutes. Remove from freezer and using an 8 oz. package of cream cheese immediately press into mold and smooth out with a spatula. Quickly loosen edges of cream cheese from mold until it begins to pull away from the mold. Turn onto a Pie Plate or Dinner Plate and spoon your favorite pepper jelly or spread around the edges for a delicious, beautiful and fun holiday treat!

SPOON REST
Use your cookie mold as a spoon rest on or near your stove.

WARMING PIECE
Warm mold at 200 degrees for 15 min. and place in the bottom of a bread basket with rolls or bread sticks.

WAX DECORATIONS
In an empty can, slowly melt one bar of paraffin was (this is enough was for approximately 2 molds) or other candle wax. Add 1 to 1½ crayons to color the wax if you like. Adults only!!! Pour hot wax carefully into mold and place hanger at top desired. After wax is set, place mold on its side and gently tap, the ornament should fall out easily. Place mold in freezer to cool it off for the next ornament. To make scented wax decorations, melt 3 Yankee candle potpourri wax tarts and add to melted wax.

BEES WAX ORNAMENTS
First spray the cookie mold with PAM. Melt bees wax carefully and pour into mold. For hanging, add a loop of string or cord at the before the wax sets. These can make great gifts, ornaments or tie-ons.
This mold can be used all year long!

STAINED GLASS CANDY
Melt hard candy in small pan. Candy should be melted over medium heat ONLY until
it starts to bubble. It is possible to overheat it! Pour the candy into the mold. It is self-leveling and will not need to be spread in any way. Spray mold with kitchen oil and blot excess with a paper towel. Pour the melted candy in the mold. Be very careful as the candy is hot!! It will set quickly. Let set for 10-15 minutes. Use a citrus peeler or small paring knife to gently pull candy around the edges and ease the candy out of the mold. Place on parchment paper and cool completely. While still warm, use the Cake Tester to make a small hole in the top to hang. To make a lollipop, attach lollipop stick to the back using a small amount of additional candy. Jolly Ranchers work best for this recipe. I used 27 jolly ranchers.

Thank you!!!

Happy to help! :)

I have most of those but some are new to me. That's for sharing. Not are I'd use it as a spoon rest though for fear I'd break it.

What are cookie molds?

Cookie molds are tools used for shaping and decorating cookies. They come in a variety of shapes and designs, and are typically made of materials such as metal, plastic, or silicone.

How do I use a cookie mold?

To use a cookie mold, first make sure it is clean and dry. Then, press prepared cookie dough into the mold, making sure to fill all the crevices. Gently tap the mold to release the dough, and place the molded cookies onto a baking sheet. Bake according to the recipe's instructions.

Can I use any type of dough with a cookie mold?

Most cookie molds work best with a firm, roll-out type dough. However, you can also use softer doughs or even chocolate to make molded cookies. Just be sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.

How do I clean a cookie mold?

Depending on the material, cookie molds can be cleaned with warm soapy water or in the dishwasher. Be sure to dry thoroughly before storing to prevent rust or mold growth.

Can I use cookie molds for anything other than cookies?

While cookie molds are primarily used for making cookies, they can also be used for shaping other foods such as chocolate, fondant, or even ice cream. Some people also use them for crafting purposes, such as making homemade soap or candles.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KathyG.
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
CarolynnLee
  • Gailb
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
cochef
Replies