• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Packet Ideas: Simple & Effective Instructions for Successful Hosting

In summary, Debbie's show packet includes: -5-7 catalogs -10 sales receipts -Show planner -Opportunity Brochure -Current Month Guest Special -Current Month Host Special -Season's Best Cookbook (optional) as a “thank you” gift to your Host-Pack of 40 Invitations -Business Card
cookin4u
I'm redoing my host packets and needed some ideas. What kind of papers do you put inside of your host packet? So far I've got a letter to the hosts. But beyond that I'm not sure. I want to put things that will be read by the host and are easy to follow instructions. Thanks everyone!!

I keep mine simple. I find that the more junk thats in there, the less they read anything. :eek:

Mine have:
4 catalogs
5 Outside Order forms
Show Planner (with stuff highlighted)
Super Starter Brochure & any new consultant promos)
Host Special Flyer
Invites

The show planner has everything they need to know, plus Im on the phone with my hosts at least once a week the month before the show... so I don't mess with making up cutesy letters or flyers telling them repeat info. :rolleyes:

We were just talking about this during our training call on Saturday. We were putting the following in them:

CATALOG SHOW PACKET

• 5-7 catalogs
• 10 sales receipts
• Show Planner
• Opportunity Brochure
• Current Month Guest Special
• Current Month Host Special
• Season’s Best Cookbook (optional) as a “thank you” gift to your Host
• Business Card

COOKING SHOW PACKET

• 2-3 catalogs
• 5 sales receipts (or current month outside order form)
• Show Planner
• Opportunity Brochure
• Current Month Guest Special
• Current Month Host Special
• Season’s Best Cookbook (optional) as a “thank you” gift to your Host
• Pack of 40 Invitations
• Business Card

This is what I enclose in my host packets.
*4 catalogs-I put a label on the catalogs with the current guest special.
*5 sales receipts-I ask the host to have them filled by the show.
*Letter to Host-make sure to sign it, and I always put a handwritten personal not on it.
*Show planner
-Inside the show planner I put the 50 guests in 5 minutes sheet, and 5-15-5 success
sheet.
*The host special
*10 invites-for host to had out to people she/he runs into(I send out the rest)
*The Opportunity Flyer-I attach a flyer on how much I earn with the pampered chef.

Most of the flyers I use I got from this website! For some reason I'm having problems attaching the flyers.

The one suggestion I have for giving the Season's Best for your cooking shows is to give it to the host in person in front of all the guests. This shows everyone how much you appreciate your host! You can also have everyone at the show sign it. I tried this at my last 2 shows and everyone loved the idea!!

Super Host packetI love to add all kinds of cool things in mine:
I have tabs on special colored flexy binders and here is what I put:
1st Tab - The Getting Started letter for host
2nd Tab - Host benefits (It's show time!)
3rd Tab - Host/Guest special flyers
4th Tab- Challenges for host
5th Tab - Wish list
6th Tab - Invitations
7th tab - Recipes
8th Tab - Recipes to choose from for show
9th Tab - Great offers (Host coupons from me)
10th tab - 10 order forms
11th tab - 5 catalogs unless they want more
So here is what I give my hosts. I am an organized nut!! I love tabs and flyers!!! :p
Debbie

Thanks everyone!Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Debbie - I like your idea on the tabs, I have tons of those, I'm an organized nut too!! On your tab 4 you have challenges for host. What is that? Also on the 9th tab - Great offers? What is that also? Your 1st tab - Getting started letter? Did you get that from this website?

thanks again for your suggestions, keep them coming!!!

IT's great to give a challenge!The way I increase sales is to give my hosts a goal, seperate from the FREE product value, that they can try to reach for. Especially hosts I have done several shows with, I can pretty much tell what they are capable of. If someone has done a thousand dollar show for me, we start there and work our way up. It really works!!!
Here is an example of what I mean
Tab number 4 is the challenge flyer, this just states that I challenge them to have at least 15 people at my show and for that they will get a FREE ??? whatever I happen to have that I don't want from my Sample package or that I have purchase specifically for this from kit enhancement month.
Also I offer the ten for one challenge. If they sell ten of any item for me I will give them one free!! It's fun and they really try. They usually tell me what product they will try for and we begin the challenge.

As for Tab number 9 I offer coupons for my hosts. I had a woman in Feb. do a show but she was disappointed about not being able to get the roasting pan for 60% off so I gave her some coupons that were specific to her goals.
One said "Reach $800 in sales and get the roasting pan for 55% off!" Now the catch is that we use one of her half price items on this and I deduct the extra discount from my commission which at $800 I believe commission is 22% ($176) but I will deduct 5% from the pan which is ($7.25). She sold $900 for me so I made ($198) and paid $14.50 for the pan so she could get her 60% off after all. Not bad since I also got 145 points toward my FREE pans, 4 bookings from her show, and a faithful future hostess and customer.

I make up my own hostess getting started letter where I esplain some of the important things about our show, when to send out invites, what is behind each tab, and when I will call to come by and host coach. I try to always do face to face. Unless they are really, really far away, like in another city. TX is a big state!!
Debbie

I love the tabs idea!

My host packets contain:
3 catalogs
7 order forms
How to have a $1000 show
Attendence is key flier
Fundraiser flyer
Opportunity Brochure
Wedding Registry flier
calendar stickers
magnet (I (heart) TPC)
Guest List form with SASE to mail it back
a handwritten note telling the host how excited I am for the show.

And about 10 days before the show I send a grocery list pad (it has the magnet attached that you can stick your business card to) with the items that they will need to purchase. I love it when I go over to their house and it's on the fridge!

Grocery pad, what a great idea!!!Wow I love that grocery pad idea, where do you get them from? I love it! And it keeps my name on their fridge, brilliant!!
Guest list would be good too for follow up calls.
Debbie

DebbieSAChef said:
Wow I love that grocery pad idea, where do you get them from? I love it! And it keeps my name on their fridge, brilliant!!
Guest list would be good too for follow up calls.
Debbie

You know, I think I got them from Town and Country...of course it would be them since they are no longer a vendor. I don't know what I am going to do when I run out, I only have 12 left. Maybe try to make some myself... I will ask my husband tonight what he thinks (he works for Office Max on the copy side) and plus we have 24 years combined experience from Kinko's. So, I am sure he/we can think of something. I will let you know what I think of.

grocery padsI contacted Nancy's Artwork about making these. She loved the idea and said she would have to get it approved by HO but was hoping to be able to make them. So check her site from time to time.

That would be great!! Although I do like Nancy's Artworks, sometimes they are a little too country for me. I really like/d the classiness of Town & Country and Merrill. I would like to see what both Nancy and Merrill would do!

Right now, without those two companies doing them...one could get pads made up at a local copy shop, about 50 sheets/pad (pads should have lines printed on them with TPC logo somewhere) and then buy the 8 1/2 x 11 magnet sheets, cut them to the width of a business card and about 1/2" longer than the business card and attach the pad and business card to the magnet with the business card on top. I hope this makes sense, I guess I could always attach a picture of what the pads look like that I have.

Refridgerator PadsHi! I belong to a stamp club, and recently we made refridgerator pads. I think these could be easily adjusted to our business needs (using a business card or some other TPC type thing).

She had a reem of legal pads that she had the office store cut for her (cost only a few bucks additonal). Then, she had a piece of card stock that was folded over so that two inches was on the front, with a piece that folded around the top and was glued to the back. It was on that that we decorated. They looked really cute, and were super easy to make. Even if you don't stamp, you could still attach a business card to the front with a cute little message (like "Happy Shopping", etc.)

Hope this helps someone out there!!!

Tabs
DebbieSAChef said:
I love to add all kinds of cool things in mine:
I have tabs on special colored flexy binders and here is what I put:
1st Tab - T...

So here is what I give my hosts. I am an organized nut!! I love tabs and flyers!!! :p
Debbie

Did the flexy binders come with tabs or did you purchase the tabs and add them to the binders. Where you have the tabs are there folders to hold catalogs etc. or are where the tabs are actual tab dividers.

Sorry just trying to figure out how you did this - it sounds great!

Thanks, Leea

Timeline for contact between consultants & hostsHi there Could someone please give me an idea of what the appropriate timeline is for initial contact of prospective host, to sending the host info, to getting recipe choices from the host, to a guest list, a final head count, etc? Thanks!

Host packets
cookin4u said:
I'm redoing my host packets and needed some ideas. What kind of papers do you put inside of your host packet? So far I've got a letter to the hosts. But beyond that I'm not sure. I want to put things that will be read by the host and are easy to follow instructions. Thanks everyone!!

I have in my packet a full pg brochure of what you will get if you sign up for that month and I also put in there a full pg of each one of the host and guest special for three months out, a copy of the fund raising flier and a copy of the wedding registry, all of this is along with my host letter and a copy of recipes that my hosts can choose from. I just started to sell this month but I have heard great reviews on what I have been giving my hosts.

I got a great tip at a training meeting a week ago. Instead of using a folder or binder to put your host material in, use the clear plastic bags that Nancy's sells. I just ordered some and I can't wait to do this! The idea behind it is to make the packet visual. A folder or binder can easily be buried and not looked at, but with the clear plastic, its staring at them all day. Also, they are more likely to hang it on a door knob since it has the handle which makes it an even more constant reminder. (As long as its not a closet...LOL!) The trainers said its worked wonderful for them so we'll see!

SoonerChef - I am at Scott AFB, you have awesome ideas and seem to be doing great, I would love to come to one of your shows!! Please email me if you wouldn't mind this...I am a great helper and I need all the experience I can get!

NebChef-Where in Neb are you located? My husband and I are from Lincoln and I have some good friends there! Just wanted to say Hi to someone from home! Its been a while since I've been back and I miss it big time! GO HUSKERS! :)

kristenskitchen said:
SoonerChef - I am at Scott AFB, you have awesome ideas and seem to be doing great, I would love to come to one of your shows!! Please email me if you wouldn't mind this...I am a great helper and I need all the experience I can get!

NebChef-Where in Neb are you located? My husband and I are from Lincoln and I have some good friends there! Just wanted to say Hi to someone from home! Its been a while since I've been back and I miss it big time! GO HUSKERS! :)

You know Kristen, I don't know if my "Sooner code of ethics" will allow me to associate with a Corn Husker!;)

I just sent you an e-mail! I would love to have you.

Go HuskersI live in Omaha now, I also have lived in Lincoln, but I was born and raised in Colorado. Yes I am a Husker fan. It is bloodshed the day after Thanksgiving when I go home for the Holiday and the Colo. Neb game is on.
I just closed my first show and it ended up being $1265.00. My second show got postponed last night due to all the snow that we are getting here in Neb. I have 4 more shows to do next week. With one book show open now. I am so excited about this company and being apart of it. This site is a great tool to have, I am really glad that my husband found it for me.

Hi Everyone!
I am trying to redo my Hostess Flier. I want to include the basics for new customers who have never had a show. Any help would be great. I thought of soing a newslwtter formatt, But I want to keep it simple
Thanks
Andrea

I am searching for the 50 in 5 or the 40 in 4 flyer... can someone post it or tell me where it is?
Thanks.

Here's the one I have....

Attachments

• 50 guests in 5 minutes.doc
    59 KB · Views: 500
Pampered Laura said:
I keep mine simple. I find that the more junk thats in there, the less they read anything. :eek:

Mine have:
4 catalogs
5 Outside Order forms
Show Planner (with stuff highlighted)
Super Starter Brochure & any new consultant promos)
Host Special Flyer
Invites

The show planner has everything they need to know, plus Im on the phone with my hosts at least once a week the month before the show... so I don't mess with making up cutesy letters or flyers telling them repeat info. :rolleyes:

I do this, but add stickers for the invites also, and give them 10 outside order forms (how can they do the 5-15-5 without them-- 5 orders before the show and 5 after).

Thanks for the info I love this siteYou have all been so helpful I love this site!

1. What is included in a host packet?

A host packet typically includes a catalog, order forms, invitations, and any relevant promotional materials. It may also include special offers or incentives for the host to share with their guests.

2. How do I create a successful host packet?

To create a successful host packet, be sure to include clear and concise instructions for hosting a Pampered Chef party, along with all necessary materials. You can also include tips for inviting guests and promoting the party, as well as information about the benefits of hosting a party.

3. Can I customize the host packet for my specific needs?

Yes, you can customize your host packet to fit your specific needs. You can add your own personal touch, such as including a handwritten note or including specific product recommendations based on your host's preferences.

4. How can I maximize the effectiveness of my host packet?

To maximize the effectiveness of your host packet, be sure to clearly communicate the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party, such as earning free products and discounts. You can also include a timeline for the party and tips for promoting it to ensure a successful turnout.

5. Can I use digital versions of the host packet?

Yes, you can use digital versions of the host packet, such as sending it via email or sharing it on social media. This can be a convenient option for hosts and can also help reduce paper waste.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smiley757
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
stacywhitlow
Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • chefpelkey
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies