• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Substituting Ingredients: Pastry Sheets and Vanilla in Recipes

In summary, common ingredient substitutions include using Greek yogurt instead of sour cream, applesauce instead of oil in baking, and honey or maple syrup instead of sugar. Fresh herbs can be substituted for dried herbs in a 3:1 ratio. Gluten-free flour can be used instead of regular flour, but may affect texture and taste. Eggs can be substituted with flax eggs, mashed bananas, or unsweetened applesauce. Butter can be substituted for oil in baking, but may require adjustment and may cause browning to occur faster.
heat123
Silver Member
HI I WAS WONDERING IF YOU CAN SUBSTITUTE 2 THINGS: 1.PASTRY SHEETS WITH PILLSBURY CRESENT ROLLS OR ARE THE PASTRY SHEETS SWEETENED?
2. PANTRY DOUBLE STRENGTH VANILLA WITH REG. VANILLA JUST DOUBLING WHAT THE RECIPES CALLS FOR? :confused:

For The Vanilla-absolutely just double it
For the pastry dough-it would depend on the recipe-why not try it and let us know?

Hi there! Yes, you can definitely substitute pastry sheets with Pillsbury crescent rolls. However, pastry sheets are typically unsweetened while Pillsbury crescent rolls are slightly sweetened. So, keep that in mind when using them in your recipe. As for the vanilla, you can use regular vanilla and just double the amount called for in the recipe. However, if you have pantry double strength vanilla, you can use half the amount called for in the recipe. Hope that helps! :)

What are some common ingredient substitutions?

Some common ingredient substitutions include using Greek yogurt instead of sour cream, using applesauce instead of oil in baking, and using honey or maple syrup instead of sugar.

Can I substitute fresh herbs for dried herbs?

Yes, you can substitute fresh herbs for dried herbs. Generally, you can use three times the amount of fresh herbs as you would use dried herbs in a recipe. For example, if a recipe calls for 1 teaspoon of dried basil, you can use 3 teaspoons of fresh basil.

Can I use gluten-free flour instead of regular flour?

Yes, you can use gluten-free flour instead of regular flour. However, keep in mind that gluten-free flour may change the texture and taste of your dish. It's best to use a gluten-free flour blend specifically designed for baking.

What can I use as a substitute for eggs?

Some common substitutes for eggs include flax eggs (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water), mashed bananas, and unsweetened applesauce. These substitutes work best in recipes that call for 1-2 eggs.

Can I substitute butter for oil in baking?

Yes, you can substitute butter for oil in baking. Keep in mind that butter has a lower smoke point than oil, so your baked goods may brown faster. You may also need to adjust the amount of butter used, as it is not a 1:1 ratio with oil.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stefani2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • raebates
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
slhale
Replies