• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Information on Cookware Please!! :)

In summary, the melting ice-cube phenomenon can be explained by the use of metals in cookware, specifically aluminum and stainless steel. These metals are excellent conductors of heat, allowing for even distribution of cold throughout the pan. This is why the sides of the pan become as cold as the spot where the ice cube is melting after just a few moments. While this may not be a scientific explanation, it is a simple and effective way to understand the phenomenon. Additionally, the use of aluminum in cookware, particularly in the Executive and Stainless Steel lines, enhances this effect and makes a noticeable difference in boiling water.
ChefEmie
Gold Member
I LOVE using the melting ice-cube in my cookware as an example of how to defrost meats and such, but as a scientist (biochemist, NOT physics:yuck:!) I would love to know WHY the heck the ice cube melts so darn fast!! I have explained that it is the way the pan is shaped and the metals its made from, but I do not feel confident in my explanation:eek:. Does anyone REALLY know why!? and second... How are you all explaining the phenomenon? Thanks for any helpful info! :)

I tell people it's because the metals we use distribute heat (and, therefore, cold) evenly. The metal draws the cold from the ice cube and distributes that throughout the pan, which is why after just a moment or two the sides of the pan are as cold as the spot where the ice cube is melting. That may not be as scientific as you're looking for, but it's what I say.

It has to do with metal being a better conductor of heat than glass or plastic. The same reason why a stainless steel shaker gets cold faster than our plastic one. And that's exactly how I explain it: "Aluminum is one of the best conductors of heat. Copper's better, but it's REALLY expensive. Our Executive cookware is made with aluminum, and the Stainless Steel has an aluminum core. It's thicker on the bottom and thinner along the sides so the heat (or in this case cold) moves quickly all the way up the sides of the pan. With a saute pan it doesn't make as much of a difference, but it really does wonders when you're boiling water."I might elaborate more in the spiel if I'm not using the cookware in the demo. If I am, I would sprinkle tidbits throughout the demo.

What types of cookware does Pampered Chef offer?

Pampered Chef offers a wide variety of cookware options, including stainless steel, non-stick, cast iron, and ceramic.

What is the warranty on Pampered Chef cookware?

The warranty on Pampered Chef cookware varies depending on the specific product, but most items come with a limited lifetime warranty.

Can Pampered Chef cookware be used on all types of stovetops?

Most Pampered Chef cookware is suitable for use on all types of stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction. However, it is always best to check the product specifications before use.

Is Pampered Chef cookware dishwasher safe?

Most Pampered Chef cookware is dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash for best results and to prolong the life of the product.

Can I use metal utensils with Pampered Chef cookware?

It is not recommended to use metal utensils with Pampered Chef cookware, as they can scratch the surface of non-stick and ceramic pans. We recommend using silicone, nylon, or wooden utensils for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• OhmyDLM
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • lacychef
  • Products and Tips
Replies