• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Inferior Cooking Materials Yard Sale

In summary, the speaker has a lot of items coming to their doorstep, including a set of cookware. They are looking for ideas on how to unload some of their old items and possibly promote their Pampered Chef business. Suggestions include having a yard sale and donating leftovers to a local women's shelter. The speaker also shares a personal experience of selling a food processor at a yard sale.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
As many of you know, I have a lot of stuff coming to my doorstep tomorrow ... including a set of cookware.

I REALLY need to unload some of my old stuff, and I don't want to pitch or give to Freecycle unless I have to.

Of course, my REAL purpose will be to let people know I found a better way through Pampered Chef.

Any ideas on how to make this a success? I get free advertising in my newspaper ...

I always donate old kitchen stuff to the local women's shelter

You do a Yardsale and when people ask why are u getting rid of it all, tell them b/c you now have awesome cookware! Lay some catalogs around so people can see them while they are browsing.

You could title it "Kitchen Yardsale." Say "I have revamped my kitchen utensils/cookware, come buy my left overs and see my new stuff!"

What you don't sale, donate it to the Salvation Army. You do a good deed and you get a receipt for a tax write off at the same time.

Yeah ... those saucepans are functional ... I don't think anyone would pay much for them ... but I used them for years!

Hi Di,
It was great puting your face to your name at conference! Am I gathering you won the shopping spree? I missed that if it happened!
Jane :)

Hey Jane!!!Yup ... read my "whirlwind of excitement" thread in the wave 1 forum of the National Conference forum. It was on the home office tour on the last day when most people had gone home.If you're up for the drive, you're welcome to come to my (un) boxing day party in L.A. (lower Akron) on Friday!

TOMORROW!!! I have been at work all day and not able to chat w/ everyone!! I am so excited for you that they will be there TOMORROW!!!!

Here is what my yard sale experience has found...( I tell this at all my shows)
My mom wouldn't buy the food chopper b/c she has a food processor, after hosting 3 shows I finally made her show me the food processor. So she goes over to a cabinet on the floor...and sits on the floor...opens both doors and starts pulling things out and setting them to the left then the right and then gets ahold of the box, pulls it to the front of the cabinet and scooches her butt back and pulls out the processor then she puts it on the counter. Takes it out of the box and moves it to a different counter so she can plug it in. I told her that all that time that it took her she could be done if she had the food chopper. she got mad at me but she bought it...one week after it arrived I was doing a yard sale, so she brings the food processor down (almost new) and says sell it.. so I have a lady that shows up and wants to know about it so I tell her the story and she BUYS A CHOPPER!!! my aunt was there and said, you need to sell this junk, so I marked the processor down to 3 bucks and sold it to the next person. While I wanted the business for PC, I had to get rid of the dang processor!!!

Alright, so that was long. I guess my point is...if you want to collect orders for PC and possibly book shows, then sell it in a yard sale, but you might never sell it. If you really just want to get rid of it, take it to a shelter!!

I hope this helps!

btw...I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! Good luck on Friday!! I can't wait to hear what you got!!

I will post a list in the thread on that subject when I offcially open the items ... assuming that they are not new products. In that event, the list will wait for Monday.(I am still thinking of being REALLY SNEAKY and opening the first box just to peek at the list and re-sealing ... if anyone says anything, I'll tell them they re-open and check one out of 15 boxes for quality control ...)Anyway, I'm not sure when I'll be able to do a yard sale but I DO plan to donate the leftovers!

pampered.chris said:
Here is what my yard sale experience has found...( I tell this at all my shows)
My mom wouldn't buy the food chopper b/c she has a food processor, after hosting 3 shows I finally made her show me the food processor. So she goes over to a cabinet on the floor...and sits on the floor...opens both doors and starts pulling things out and setting them to the left then the right and then gets ahold of the box, pulls it to the front of the cabinet and scooches her butt back and pulls out the processor then she puts it on the counter. Takes it out of the box and moves it to a different counter so she can plug it in.

Oh I can relate to that! That sounds just lik eme getting mine out that once a twice a year when it is called for!

Yeah ... but when I DO use my food processor I am doing large quantities and don't want to deal with the mess ... like chopping 3-6 cups of saurkraut for saurkraut balls ... A lady at a flea market said she bought one of OUR choppers at a yard sale. It was priced 50 cents and she sold it for a quarter!

What is the "Inferior Cooking Materials Yard Sale"?

The "Inferior Cooking Materials Yard Sale" is an event hosted by Pampered Chef where we offer discounted prices on cooking materials that may have slight imperfections or are from previous seasons.

How often do you hold the "Inferior Cooking Materials Yard Sale"?

The "Inferior Cooking Materials Yard Sale" is typically held once a year, usually in the summer or fall. However, the timing may vary depending on inventory levels and demand.

What type of cooking materials can I expect to find at the sale?

At the "Inferior Cooking Materials Yard Sale", you can expect to find a variety of Pampered Chef products, including cookware, bakeware, kitchen tools, and more. These items may have minor imperfections, but are still fully functional and come with our satisfaction guarantee.

Are the prices at the "Inferior Cooking Materials Yard Sale" significantly lower than regular prices?

Yes, the prices at the "Inferior Cooking Materials Yard Sale" are significantly lower than regular prices. This is because the items may have minor imperfections or are from previous seasons, allowing us to offer them at a discounted rate.

Do I need to be a Pampered Chef consultant to attend the "Inferior Cooking Materials Yard Sale"?

No, the "Inferior Cooking Materials Yard Sale" is open to everyone. You do not need to be a Pampered Chef consultant to attend and take advantage of the discounted prices on cooking materials.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jayswife07
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
chefann
  • MeredithG
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
MeredithG
  • Intrepid_Chef