• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do Directors Find Quick Start Boxes Useful?

In summary, some great indoor plant options are jade plants, geraniums, bamboo, peace lilies, staghorn ferns, ficus trees, ivys. Some people are good at keeping plants alive, but others have a "black thumb" and kill them all.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
Quick Start Boxes....I just promoted to Director and really wanted to get "2" QSB to have here. But, I'm wondering if I order them now for the F/W season, will I actually receive the right paperwork in there? I looked in the Leadership handbook and can't find the answer.

Do you "seasoned" Directors find them useful?

How many do order for each season?

Thanks for your answers!!!

The QSBs are essential to the New Consultant Program IMHO. I just received 5 of them - they have all F/W paperwork, so I'll just give my new recruits this month some S/S catalogs.

Oh, you can have 5 at a time. I only reorder when I get down to one or two. You don't have to be the one who uses them (any consultant can), but they have to put your info on the QSB part of the agreement otherwise you don't get credit for it and end up paying $35 because it wasn't used.

Thanks Kate!! I'll order them now!!

I agree that theya re essential to the new consultant program. Getting that paperwork first gives them time to read, send out packets and organize before they get the "toys".

The current QS boxes have the fall materials and must be used by mid February or we have to pay $35 for them. There is more than $35 in usable paperwork in them so it's not a loss but I really try to use the last one within the month before the deadline.

Thanks Beth! How many do you usually get for each season?

I start with 2 and keep 2 on hand until the last month (if we have to use them by Feb 15th I would have 2 until January 1). I have one on hand for that full month and if I run out after (in this example Feb 1) I do not get any more unless I have a very hot lead. So far I have only ended up with one extra box since I became a director.

I do offer them to my team to use for their recruits as well. They are usually delivered in about 2-3 days so I try not to get ahead of myself.

bethcooks4u said:
I start with 2 and keep 2 on hand until the last month (if we have to use them by Feb 15th I would have 2 until January 1). I have one on hand for that full month and if I run out after (in this example Feb 1) I do not get any more unless I have a very hot lead. So far I have only ended up with one extra box since I became a director.

I do offer them to my team to use for their recruits as well. They are usually delivered in about 2-3 days so I try not to get ahead of myself.

Thank you!! One more question~Are they big boxes? I just don't have room to store too many more items!! Especially since I don't have a office room!~:grumpy:

cmdtrgd said:
Oh, you can have 5 at a time. I only reorder when I get down to one or two. You don't have to be the one who uses them (any consultant can), but they have to put your info on the QSB part of the agreement otherwise you don't get credit for it and end up paying $35 because it wasn't used.

What's the "QSB part of the agreement"? What's in the box, just the binder stuff?

There is a section in the agreement that says "Did you receive a Quickstart Box?" If they check yes they have to enter the Director's consultant number to continue. I believe that's right. The box has everything in it except the actual product. Catalogs, host packets, Binder, etc.

They aren't especially big, but they are heavy! Probably about 24x8x14ish. Totally guessing, but you get the generall idea.

Now that they have changed the Super Starter Program I think its even more important to use them if its a local consultant.

I totally agree! I once "got stuck with" one at the end of a season and thought I'd stop using them but with the new program it is so nice to be able to give them that extra time with their paperwork before the products come and they get distracted with them.

Good point Beth. If paperwork is what they have they'll read and look at it. Once they have the products the paperwork gets way less attention.

I ordered 2 of them and have them sitting here. I do have 2 possibles the first week of September!! May get rid of them faster than I thought!!:D

What are some great indoor plant options? Winter is coming and I want to keep my green thumb! :)

I put my indoor plants outside every summer. It's about time to bring them back in. Most of them are Jade plants or Geraniums. The geraniums flower all winter long. I have a sun porch with radiator heat. They sit on that, get plenty of light and LOVE it!

I have a jade plant that is now a tree. I needed help carrying it outside this year. I figure I've had it about 15 years. The squirrels loved snacking on the leaves this summer.

--Jenny L

I dont have any indoor plants. It sounds like you dont kill pants but anyone who kills plants easily get a spider plant they seem to last forever.

I have the kind that let you know when they need watering...they start to wilt really bad...I water and it comes back to life...lol

Surprisingly though I do really good with my rose bushes outside...those babies get a lot of attention....for some reason i keep forgetting out my house plant

Admin Greg said:
What are some great indoor plant options? Winter is coming and I want to keep my green thumb! :)

I wish I had a green thumb:( for every indoor plant I have had has kicked the bucket :cry: no matter what type I have had!

I have had an english ivy for a couple of years and have not yet killed it (fingers crossed) but everything else has died on me... I have heard the ivy family is hard to kill

I have 2 indoor plants, one is bamboo.. the other is.... really I dunno what it is... I know it grows really long and if I was to snip of some of it and put it in water it would grow roots...

heat123 said:
I wish I had a green thumb:( for every indoor plant I have had has kicked the bucket :cry: no matter what type I have had!

I am the same way...it is funny though...both of my parents have very green thumbs and mine is not at all...I had a very hearty plant and I killed it...

Here is my suggestion. Go to Walmart and pick out whatever strikes your fancy from the plant section. Buy matching pots- get the self watering kind with a hole at the bottom you fill at once a month or whatever. And get some dirt. Repot the plants, water well to start, then about once a month fill the bottom of the pot.
Here is why I say go to Walmart. If the minimum wage staff there can keep a plant alive long enough to see it, ANYONE can keep that thing alive!

jmho

friday

I personally can't keep plants. They die on my presence:(
But if I had a yard I would do perrenials so they would come back on their own.

you obviolusly have never been to our Walmart HA!!
We have a new Lowe's (about 1 year old) I go in about every 2 weeks and buy the bedding plants they clearance for 25 or 50 cents take them home, water them, trim them and they are fine.
Houseplants I currently have ....
peace lilies (Saw a cool variety at the farmers market last week the bloom was black & spidery looking)
staghorn ferns
ficus trees
ivys
I have several tall tree like varieties (leaves are striped) and then have plants that dangle down the side of the pot.
African violets

I have a spider plant. He lives at work right now because I'm afraid to bring him home... I have a BLACK thumb and no really good place to put him for lots of light. He was just a little bitty cutting when I adopted him and now he's almost big enough that all his leaves touch the table he's sitting on.

Yes, I know it's probably weird that my plant is a "he" but so what! :p

The only plant that I have now is a peace lily from my Mom's funeral last June. Every other plant that I have EVER had...I have killed. Either with lack of care (forget to water them) or OVER care (water them too much and they rot)

My lily gets NOTHING from me till it starts drooping, then I leave it overnight in a sink ful of water. (You are supposed to let them pull up the water...not water directly onto the soil.)

I'm not too good w/ indoor plants either I have a few aloe plants that are a few years old and a plant i have no idea how to spell so i'll sound it out for ya.... philo-den-drum.lol
other than those i kill em all!
I'll buy a big tropical tree every summer for the deck and as soon as i bring it in for the winter it dies.
My DH will always say, "such a nice tree!!....to bad your gonna kill it in few months"

now outside I can rip a limb off a tree and make it grow (and bloom!) I need to give away periannials (sp?) because they go crazy, but indoors i'm a killer:eek:

When I lived with my best friend she had a big potted plant that looked like a palm sort of and it was a "HE" His name was PITA for Pain In The Ass.

Do Directors Find Quick Start Boxes Useful?

Many directors find Quick Start Boxes useful as they contain essential paperwork and resources needed to start a successful season. However, their usefulness may vary depending on the individual's preferences and needs.

Will I receive the right paperwork if I order Quick Start Boxes in advance?

The paperwork included in Quick Start Boxes is updated regularly and is tailored to the current season. So if you order them in advance for the upcoming season, you can expect to receive the correct paperwork.

Do experienced Directors still find Quick Start Boxes useful?

Yes, even experienced Directors can find Quick Start Boxes useful as they often contain new or updated resources that can help improve their leadership and business skills.

How many Quick Start Boxes should I order for each season?

The number of Quick Start Boxes to order may vary depending on the size of your team and your personal preference. Some Directors may prefer to order one box per team member, while others may order a few extras for future use.

Thank you for your answers!

You're welcome! We hope this information helps you make an informed decision about ordering Quick Start Boxes for the upcoming season.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cincychef
Replies
Views
pampcheflisa
  • cookn' katie
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cookn' katie