• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Indian Cuisine Recipes for a Show - Help Needed!

In summary, the conversation is about finding recipes for an Indian cuisine show, as the hostess is from India and wants to showcase her culture's food. The person responding suggests highlighting products that could be used in Indian cooking, such as the Food Chopper, cookware, and self-sharpening knives. They also mention that authentic Indian food is a long and complex process, not in line with the company's focus on quick and easy meals. They also mention their own personal experience with their Indian in-laws and their reluctance to try new cooking methods. Suggestions for specific PC recipes using curry are also given.
acherry
Gold Member
Anyone know of any recipes for an Indian Cuisine show?? I have hostess that would like to do this as she and her family/friends are mostly from India..and I would love to show them how the products can be used for thier recipes...but I would love it if I could use a PC recipe or one already developed by a fellow consultant...
I hoping one of ya'll can help me!! Thanks a bunch!
Cheers,
Angela :cool:

My husband and my in-laws are 100% Indian, so I know (and LOVE!) Indian food quite well. In my opnion, authentic Indian food is in a category all its own. There are some PC recipes that use curry, but it's nothing like the "real" curry in many Indian dishes. Indian cooking is a very long process because lots of things cook for hours. It's definitely not in synch with PC's focus of quick and easy. That's probably why I've never even attempted to make any Indian food. That and my MIL has no recipes for anything and I NEED a recipe to follow. Plus nothing could ever live up to her awesome cooking.

I think it's a nice gesture if you wanted to do an actual Indian recipe and they'd probably appreciate the thought, but what I would do is highlight the products that they could use in Indian cooking since there are no real authentic Indian PC recipes. But maybe they don't care if it's authentic. Some of the things that come to mind are the Food Chopper and the cookware. The self-sharpening knives too. If you have any of the SA medium bowls or the large bowl, those should be highlighted since you can keep things warm in them in the oven up to 250. I know from the big dinners at my in-laws that they make a TON of food and getting it all on the table at the same time requires some major coordination (much like a Thanksgiving meal). I know my MIL keeps things heated in her oven in those corning ware type bowls, so SA could do the same things and look nicer when the food is served. Oh and definitely the rice cooker because there's always rice. All the gadgets are nice too. The Amazing Potato Demo would be good since you can showcase tons of products just using a potato.

I'm jealous that you get to do this type of show!! My MIL has no interest in PC stuff at all even though my husband has tried to get her excited about the Food Chopper especially. I think it would save so much time! Plus she has severe arthritis, so I think cutting all the onions and potatoes can be painful for her. She has her way of doing everything, as she has for YEARS, and she's not willing to take a look at a different way of cooking and preparing food.

I wish I had some good recipes to share. THe PC recipes I know that use curry are the Curried Chicken Lettuce Wraps, Curry Chicken Stir Fry (this one may be good since it does show a lot of products AND the cookware), Curried Vegetable Couscous and Tandoori Chicken Salad. You can also do a search on CC with "curry" as an ingredient or keyword.

Even the Dim Sum and Then Some Celebrations show might be good since it has that Asian flair and the potstickers are fun! If I think of more, I'll post again! I hope it's a great show! I wish my MIL would do one because I really think all her friends would love to see everything, but she's pretty stuck in her ways.

Hi Angela,I would be happy to help you with some recipes for an Indian cuisine show! Indian food is definitely a crowd-pleaser and I'm sure your hostess and her family/friends will appreciate the effort you put into showcasing their traditional dishes.Here are a few recipe ideas that you can try out:1. Butter Chicken - This is a classic Indian dish that is loved by many. It's made with marinated chicken cooked in a creamy tomato-based sauce. You can find many variations of this recipe online, but here's a simple one that you can use: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/246902/easy-indian-butter-chicken/2. Vegetable Biryani - Biryani is a popular rice dish in India and is usually made with meat, but this vegetarian version is just as delicious. It's made with fragrant spices, mixed vegetables, and basmati rice. Here's a recipe to try: https://www.thespruceeats.com/vegetable-biryani-recipe-19578553. Palak Paneer - This is a vegetarian dish made with spinach and paneer (Indian cottage cheese). It's a healthy and flavorful option that is sure to impress your guests. Here's a recipe to follow: https://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/palak-paneer-recipe/4. Samosas - These are a popular Indian appetizer that are filled with spiced potatoes and peas. They are crispy and delicious and can be served with a variety of chutneys. Here's a recipe to try out: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/samosas-recipe-1912525I hope these recipe ideas help you in planning your Indian cuisine show. You can also check out some Indian food blogs or YouTube channels for more inspiration and recipe ideas. Good luck with your show!Best,

1. What types of Indian dishes can be prepared using Pampered Chef products?

There are many different Indian dishes that can be prepared using Pampered Chef products, such as curries, biryanis, tandoori dishes, and various types of breads. Our products are versatile and can be used for a wide range of recipes.

2. Are there any specific Pampered Chef products that are recommended for Indian cooking?

While any of our products can be used for Indian cooking, there are a few that are particularly helpful. Our Garlic Press is perfect for crushing ginger and garlic, and our Food Chopper can quickly dice onions and vegetables. The Executive Nonstick Double Burner Griddle is great for making naan bread and other flatbreads.

3. Do you have any recipes that cater to dietary restrictions, such as vegetarian or gluten-free?

Yes, we have a variety of Indian recipes that cater to different dietary restrictions. Our website and cookbooks have a section specifically for vegetarian and gluten-free recipes, and many of these can be adapted for a show using Pampered Chef products.

4. Can you recommend any specific spices or ingredients that are essential for Indian cooking?

Some commonly used spices in Indian cooking include cumin, coriander, turmeric, garam masala, and chili powder. As for ingredients, you may need to purchase items like basmati rice, lentils, and chickpeas. However, our recipes can often be adapted to use ingredients that are readily available in your pantry.

5. Are there any tips for successfully hosting a show featuring Indian cuisine?

It's always a good idea to plan ahead and make sure you have all the necessary ingredients and tools before your show. You can also consider offering a variety of dishes to cater to different tastes, and have samples ready for your guests to try. Don't be afraid to get creative and make the recipes your own!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Katiek77
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • middlemamma