• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Independent Kitchen Consultant

In summary, a new member to Pampered Chef shares their excitement about their new business and recent bookings for shows. They mention that their recruiter is not very helpful, but they have found helpful advice and answers to their questions on a website. They also receive advice from others to take advantage of tele-classes to learn more about the business. They share their plan to attend several classes in May and mention that they will need a phone with a mute button due to their chatty 3-year-old. Another member offers encouragement and shares their own experience with taking tele-classes.
pamperedprincess
Hello everyone I am new to pampered chef and I am excited about my new business. I just booked 3 catalog shows in different cities and 2 in japan (apo)
I am also booked for a kitchen show June and I havent even received my PC debit yet. I have installed PP and made labels for the catalogs while I wait for my business cards and set up from t&c.
The only thing is my recruiter is not too good. She is new herself and has not given me much direction. My director has given me some but she holds her meetings so far away that it discourages me to attend. Did I mention that I am new to this area (California) and I dont know my way around too good and also I am a day driver. Everything I have learned I have basically read and figured out for myself. But after reading some of the posted messages on this site, I have had a lot of my questions answered. SO Thanks! Whish me luck. :p

WOW...sounds like you are doing all the right things. WAY TO GO! You can call PC if it has been a few days and see if they have your debit card number yet.

I would suggest asking your director if there is a hospitality director closer to you.

You can start taking tele-classes now. This is an EXCELLENT way to get TONS of information. The best way to get into the tele-classes is to call in at the time (check your time zone) and let them know at the beginning that you are not yet signed up for the class. They will add your name. (Classes are always filled up online when you register, but when you phone in, most people don't make it and there are lots of openings) They will let you know if there is no room on the call, but I've never had that happen.

There are special tele-classes just for super starters. I would suggest trying one of those:
Business-Building Basics
Effective Sellings Skills
Getting Started with Recruiting
Host-Coaching Essentials
Kitchen Show Success

Again....CONGRATS and let us know how we can help.

Great adviceI too have a similar story to yours, and Ginger is right, the Tele-classes really help!! What is surprising when you feel a little alone starting the business is that you hear all this great advice during the classes, and get ideas from others who are in their SS months but have had some shows already. It took a little while for my director to find a hospitality director, so I really found the motivation through the tele-classes. I took one every day for one week and I felt like I was really starting a business~with a solid support group. You gain much enthusiasm and pride about the company you are working with. The information is sometimes right in your Recipe for Success, but the beauty of the teleclasses is in the interaction and letting you feel like you've really chosen a good career path. You get a good picture of the consultants the PC is made of, and it makes you feel good about your decision,

Your motivation alone will get you far, and you've done much already. I found there is nothing like reading, reading, reading, because you then you don't seem so "new" at your first shows and it totally boosts your confidence when you feel prepared to answer questions.

Okay, of my soap box, hope you take those classes!!!

Thanks for sharing your story, and I wish you all the best for your business! I am just getting started, too.

I signed up today for 5 classes in May. I don't have my starter kit yet so I put them off until 5/5 5/6 5/10 5/12 and 5/18 since every description says you need to have this or that from the starter kit. I'm going to have to get a phone with a mute button since my 3 year old is a chatterbox.

Misty...
misty350 said:
Thanks for sharing your story, and I wish you all the best for your business! I am just getting started, too.

I signed up today for 5 classes in May. I don't have my starter kit yet so I put them off until 5/5 5/6 5/10 5/12 and 5/18 since every description says you need to have this or that from the starter kit. I'm going to have to get a phone with a mute button since my 3 year old is a chatterbox.

you do not need to invest in a new phone as the teleclasses are done as a conference call and all you need to do is press number 5 when on the call to automatically mute, and press 4 to unmute.
Donna

Thanks Donna! That is good to know. As a matter of fact my Kit came today!! I just now went and registered for the Business Building Basics class tomorrow at noon.

Glad to hear you got your kit...WOW that was FAST! Isn't it so much fun opening all the stuff?? Have fun with your tele-class tomorrow.

1. What is an Independent Kitchen Consultant?

An Independent Kitchen Consultant (IKC) is a trained sales representative for Pampered Chef, a direct sales company that offers high-quality kitchen tools and cooking products. IKCs host parties and events to demonstrate and sell Pampered Chef products, and also provide cooking tips and recipes to customers.

2. How do I become an Independent Kitchen Consultant?

To become an Independent Kitchen Consultant, you can sign up online or through a current consultant. You will need to purchase a starter kit, which includes training materials and product samples. You will also need to attend training and complete a certain amount of sales to maintain your consultant status.

3. What are the benefits of being an Independent Kitchen Consultant?

As an Independent Kitchen Consultant, you have the opportunity to earn income through sales commissions and bonuses. You also have the flexibility to set your own schedule and work from home. You can also earn free products and discounts as you reach certain sales goals.

4. Do I need to have a background in cooking to be an Independent Kitchen Consultant?

No, you do not need to have a background in cooking to be an Independent Kitchen Consultant. Pampered Chef provides training and resources to help you learn about their products and how to use them effectively. As long as you are enthusiastic and passionate about cooking and sharing Pampered Chef products, you can be successful as a consultant.

5. Can I work as an Independent Kitchen Consultant part-time?

Yes, you can work as an Independent Kitchen Consultant part-time. Many consultants have other jobs or responsibilities and work their Pampered Chef business on the side. You can set your own schedule and work as much or as little as you want. However, keep in mind that the more time and effort you put into your business, the more successful you are likely to be.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tammy D
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • The_Kitchen_Guy