• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Incredibly Pampered Chefky Husband .. Help!

In summary,The conversation discusses a husband who is very picky about what he can eat. He does not like steak or pork, and is getting sick of chicken. His wife grew up on a meat and potato diet and is unable to cook for her husband. He has asked her to serve him different types of food every week, but she is not able to do that. She suggests lasagna with a side of vegetables and bread/rolls. He does not like beans, tofu, or pasta, and is not interested in seafood or mac and cheese. He is considering turkey as an option.
abrahamlaur
Hey All, I Have The Worlds Most Picky Husband When It Comes To Food. I Grew Up On A Meat And Potato Kind Of Diet With My Family And I Marry The Worlds Greatest Husband But I Can Not Cook For Him! He Doesnt Like Steak Or Pork, And Hes Getting Sick Of Chicken. He Can Really Only Have One Type Of Food A Week And Each Week It Needs To Be Different. Anyways Thats Alittle Back Ground On Him ...

Now ... Tonight He Said *we Dont Have To Have Meat Every Night For Dinner* .. Okay So My Question Is This .. What Then Do We Have? He Doesnt Like Beans, Or Tofu ... Does Anyone Have Any Suggestions???? Please Help .. I Desperately Need It!

Sauted, grilled, or roasted veggies over pasta, rice, or cous-cous..lasagna w/a side of veggies & bread/rollsDoes he like ground beef? If so, tacos...chili (in a bread bowl)...meatball subs, hamburgers, meatloaf

Want To Really Know How Picky He Is? He Only Likes *normal* Veggies (broccoli, Fresh Greenbeans, Corn And Salad Stuff, But Carrots Cannot Be Cooked), He Likes Ground Beef But Can Only Have It On Weekends Becuase It Messes Up His Stomach.

What Do You All Think About Serving French Bread With A Type Of Spread Or Something For A Dinner .. Like Thats It? I Could Do Something Like That

Oh And He Isnt That Big On Pasta Either ...

Is he a picky eater because foods upset his stomach? If that is the case, than maybe he should see a Dr.?

Tomato-Basil Squares are wonderful, and the cheese will give you protein. Egg dishes are nice for dinner. I made the Ham & Egg bake thingy in the new SB and it is really good. If he can't have the ham, leave it out. Salad and bread makes a nice dinner. Growing up mom would serve a big old salad lots of hot summer nights. Does he like shrimp? You can toss some baby shrimp in for a nice taste. Or crab meat. Mac and Cheese is considered a main dish by many folks.

There is a whole section of meatless dishes in the new 29 minute cookbook. My dh grew up like you - basic and and potatoes. It is really a challenge for him to think outside the box sometimes, but you will be amazed at what you can fix that everyone can eat.

How about turkey?

abrahamlaur said:
Now ... Tonight He Said *we Dont Have To Have Meat Every Night For Dinner* .. Okay So My Question Is This .. What Then Do We Have? He Doesnt Like Beans, Or Tofu ... Does Anyone Have Any Suggestions???? Please Help .. I Desperately Need It!
I know a good divorce lawyer.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

That's rather drastic. Don't you know any good short order cooks?

I'm not sure whose DH is worse yours or mine? I feel your pain! Mine grew up meat and potatoes also and has a set menu he eats off of every week, week after week! I can only stray from the menu when we go eat at my parents house and I try our latest PC recipes on them and he will then eat what I make. He kills me! Although he has gotten a little better in the 14 years we've been together. He'll eat seafood now at least, thank goodness!

heat123 said:
I'm not sure whose DH is worse yours or mine? I feel your pain! Mine grew up meat and potatoes also and has a set menu he eats off of every week, week after week! I can only stray from the menu when we go eat at my parents house and I try our latest PC recipes on them and he will then eat what I make. He kills me! Although he has gotten a little better in the 14 years we've been together. He'll eat seafood now at least, thank goodness!

Wow! My DH would starve!:eek: I do the cooking - so I set the menu! If he doesn't like it, he doesn't have to eat it - same goes for my 3 yr old!

ChefBeckyD said:
Wow! My DH would starve!:eek: I do the cooking - so I set the menu! If he doesn't like it, he doesn't have to eat it - same goes for my 3 yr old!

I see things are the same in both our homes;) :)

MomToEli said:
That's rather drastic. Don't you know any good short order cooks?
No, I've never met a lawyer who could cook at all.

ChefBeckyD said:
Yeah. DH knows where the cereal is. :D

thanks for some ideas ... i just dont get it, he is SOOO picky, if he doesnt like how something sounds, he wont eat it. if it looks funny, he wont eat it .. i made the summer tortellini salad last week and he didnte ven try it .. hes getting sick of cereal and gets allc rabby if i make something he doesnt like. i ask for ideas and hes like, i dont know ... FOOD! Thanks honey, thats alot of help!

and kitchen guy ... no divorce here .. geez LOL

yikes...

I'm at a loss...

I'm exhausted FOR you...

I guess mine is just plain SPOILED! If I left it to him to fend for himself he would go out for fast food every night, so ergo, I cook what he will eat to save on $$$! LOL

ChefBeckyD said:

yup mine too! I have a sign in my kitchen that says

Dinner Choices:
1. take it
2. leave it

and I live by that!:D :D

What about soups or chili with bread or salad ?

Well, if divorce isn't an option, you can always add a little arsenic to whatever he will eat and after awhile, you won't have to worry anymore. Unfortunately, the authorities frown on such additives.Oh, alright alright alright, you can do what I do when The Kat Lady doesn't like something I made - I just tell her the drive through is still open at Wendy's.

I don't mean this to sound mean, but really - what does he expect, miracles? If he doesn't give you any suggestions, are you expected to read his mind? You're not a catering service, you're his wife - someone who deserves respect and consideration.

Someone would be SOL at my house if they were that picky.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

;) I would love to go out drinking with you!

Ask him to give you a list of the foods he likes then go from there. Maybe have him look through some cookbooks and pick out recipes that sound good to him. What is is favorite restaurant? What does he order when you go out to eat? Can you replicate that dish? Ask his mom what she used to fix for him?

For meatless dinner how about stir-fried veggies over rice? Or Quiche? We've got a great recipe for a green chili fritata that is delicious! It calls for chicken, but you could very easily leave that out.

Do a google search on the types of food he like for more ideas on how to fix it or go to foodnetwork.com and type in the ingredient that he likes, you'll get tons of ideas in those places.

Good luck honey!

I was pretty picky growing up, thank god my mom was happy to make me an alternative...even if it was mac and cheese! thankfully I have grown to eat cooked veggies, as well as a lot more stuff! :)

abrahamlaur said:
thanks for some ideas ... i just dont get it, he is SOOO picky, if he doesnt like how something sounds, he wont eat it. if it looks funny, he wont eat it .. i made the summer tortellini salad last week and he didnte ven try it .. hes getting sick of cereal and gets allc rabby if i make something he doesnt like. i ask for ideas and hes like, i dont know ... FOOD! Thanks honey, thats alot of help!

well I give you a lot of credit for trying and he should consider himself lucky :)
maybe you should show him our responses and what our families may or (may not) get for dinner :D

psst- do you want a sign???

Last edited:
How about he helps you plan a menu, go shopping with you & help you make everything??? He can see how his pickiness is frustrating & you'll get help so you don't have to do it all yourself. They say when kids help cook they are more likely to eat it, so maybe that applies to all people, young or old???? I used to be a really picky kid & now will at least try pretty much everything.

How about he cooks for a week, or he plans the menu....

Okay, I'm going to actually be serious here for a minute. (But only a minute, then I'll go back to being myself.)This isn't your problem, it's his problem, and it's time you stop owning it. It's his problem but he has successfully transferred ownership to you, so it's time to give it back and let him own it again. You've tried everything and he's given you no help. I'd tell him that from now on, you're cooking for your family because I'm done. Here's where the cookbooks are, here's where the utensils are and here's the apron. Make his problem his problem again. Stop owning it.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
No, I've never met a lawyer who could cook at all.

I thought slicing and dicing was their specialty ...

chefann said:
I don't mean this to sound mean, but really - what does he expect, miracles? If he doesn't give you any suggestions, are you expected to read his mind? You're not a catering service, you're his wife - someone who deserves respect and consideration.

Totally agree with you Ann!! I would not deal well with that. He would need to give me ideas or cook for himself.

Turkey Burgers
Stir Fry at all???

Do not even know what to suggest for you!!! HUGS!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Okay, I'm going to actually be serious here for a minute. (But only a minute, then I'll go back to being myself.)

This isn't your problem, it's his problem, and it's time you stop owning it. It's his problem but he has successfully transferred ownership to you, so it's time to give it back and let him own it again. You've tried everything and he's given you no help. I'd tell him that from now on, you're cooking for your family because I'm done. Here's where the cookbooks are, here's where the utensils are and here's the apron.

Make his problem his problem again. Stop owning it.

Wow, I'm impressed. And I totally agree.

I know you love him and he is the daddy of your baby and all, but the man is acting rather like a spoilt brat. Sorry, but I had to say it.

I'm a firm believer in honoring our husbands, being submissive (meaning to duck so God can have a clear shot at him) and all that, but it sounds like he isn't willing to even work with you on this. He'd starve at my house - or don the apron. I'm sure you have your hands full taking care of the real children you have. I doubt you need a grown up child as well.

And sweetie, a wonderful husband would NOT act this way.

Wow - tough love. This is starting to sound like a Dr. Phil show.How's that cooking thing working out for you?

I like Linda's idea - have him look up some recipes for you to try. My DH was getting tired of the "usual" stuff, so I told him to give me some recipes and I'd try them. He found some really great ones in "Men's Health" magazine and some other online resources that had the kinds of food he enjoys, and a lot of the recipes are his new favorites. Of course, anything too difficult or with crazy expensive ingredients I immediately outlawed, but the ones I tried have been big hits! This also puts the problem back on him to find a solution to, not you. Good luck! :)

Blindfold and earplugs maybe?Seriously, if you get a blindfold and earplugs then he can't see it, can't hear what it is, so then he'll have to at least taste it. When you give him the blindfold he might think that your considering a firing squad which may make him act more kindly towards you. ;)

I had a friend who was severely allergic to anything containing gluten (anything w/ flour basically), nuts, and a whole slew of other things. Whenever she went on a weekend trip she would have to lug her own food along, couldn't ever eat out at restaurants as the only thing she could safely order was a glass of water. As your dear hubby doesn't have this problem he should feel himself lucky.

My hubby is the one who does the majority of the cooking as he cooked professionally for several years prior to us getting married and as I worked at nights for the longest time and was dead exhausted when I got home. Whenever I get squeamish about something he cooks and give him the I don't want to try this look. He comes back with the I slaved over a hot stove you will at least try it look. And I try it and usually love it. I have enough respect and love for my husband to try something and if I don't like it then I cook something myself, eat cereal, or starve. The only time this rule was adjusted was when I had horrible morning sickness (every hour of the day for entire pregnancy, not fun let me tell you) We stopped going out to eat as I usually "wasted" the meal a few minutes to an hour after it was eaten. I subsisted on rice crispies, toast, roast beef, and gatorade for a majority of the time. Not because I love those things, but because everything else (including water) turned my tummy.

I suggest you take your husband aside. Do it at a time that is not mealtime, have someone else watch the kid(s), set the time aside for several hours talk, turn off the phone-computer-cell phones and anything else that could interrupt you. Tell him you need to talk and that it is very important. Now I don't know if the cooking thing is the only issue in the marriage, if there are other things this is the time to bring them up. This is not a vent or rant session, no attacking just calmly stating the facts. It is a "this is how I feel and things need to change" session. You mention that he is the world's greatest husband except for this one issue, so he should have the decency and respect to hear you out.
So ground rules:
Rule 1: No attacking or yelling at each other
Rule 2: No interrupting, first person is allowed to finish what they want to say first, then other person can calmly state their point of view.

So calmly explain your point of view. Listen to his reply. Keep the dialogue going. Hopefully you'll be able to work something out.

Now if he is not willing to work anything out, if he has the attitude of "I can be picky if I want, it is up to you to cook according to my whims and be psychic and not give me something that I feel is "yucky"" - then you have a larger problem.

At this point in time you will need to decide your own solution to the problem, advise him what it is, and stick to your guns. Now the MOST important thing with this, is that you have to choose something that you will stick to. If you're not going to stick with it, then don't bother and choose something else. You can do this in several baby steps until you get to the solution that you want. This is the messy way to do it and your "brat" of a husband will probably fight it kicking and screaming at every turn, but eventually he will go along with it, if he doesn't then he can starve, do the cooking on his own, or eat cereal. (And if worse comes to worse you can always try a marriage counselor or pastor, and there is always the divorce lawyer if things don't work out)

Best of luck

Girl, I give you credit. My pigs aren't even that picky! Neither are my goats, chickens, and cows for that matter.

I don't know what to tell, but I sure don't have the patience you do. My oldest DS is a picky eater and get's that from his father (my ex). If he doesn't like something, he always say's it to spicy or has grisle (sp) in it. My DH and I have told him if he doesn't like what we are having to eat he can wait until the next meal, no snacking. He has actually come around and likes what he hasn't in the past.

I agree with what others are saying about having him look through recipe books are give you solid concrete ideas for meals, better yet, have him cook them himself. Other than that, I would tell him, I am your wife not your personal cook and if you don't like it, you know where McDonalds is. :)

reba515 said:

Dinner Choices:
1. take it
2. leave it

A friend worded that slightly differently. "You get what you get & don't throw a fit!"

So all DH bashing aside...(mine is picky too, but not this picky!!) He's obviously survived this long, so there has to be something he likes enough to sustain health!!

What kinds of ethnic foods does he like? Chinese, Mexican, Italian, seafood, etc? Will he just pick out whatever he doesn't like?

You can make Chicken Parmesan or cheese enchiladas.

How about some fish tacos or just fish and chips? Maybe baked/grilled salmon?

The PC recipe for chicken ceasar salad pizza is awesome!! You can leave out the chicken if he is tired of it.

What about just grilled cheese sandwiches and soup?

What about french bread pizzas? You can make his with just cheese and yours with some meat on it.

Heck, just slap a PB&J down in front of him and walk away!!

If he is thinking of taking an assignment overseas soon, he should really consider where he can live!! While Europe is wonderful for all the sights and culture, the food part may be tough for him!! He can't just hit the drive-thru at Wendy's. The food is wonderful over here and he would miss out on soooo much!!! Dining is really a social event over here, not just a necessity. Europeans really make an entire evening out of just having dinner!!

You can always just send him down to the chow hall and force him to eat there 3 meals a day for a month or so!!! He would come running back to your cooking!!!

abrahamlaur said:

Have him set the weekly menu before grocery shopping day. If he wants to be picky, than he can come up with a balanced healthy menu for each dinner of the week.

I feel some of your pain. My husband doesn't eat eggs (on their own), tuna or mushrooms. The thing that really ticks me off? He's never even tasted the first two.

chefjeanine said:
Have him set the weekly menu before grocery shopping day. If he wants to be picky, than he can come up with a balanced healthy menu for each dinner of the week.

I feel some of your pain. My husband doesn't eat eggs (on their own), tuna or mushrooms. The thing that really ticks me off? He's never even tasted the first two.

:eek: How do you get to adulthood never having had an egg? That is wild! How can you not try "The Incredible, Edible Egg"?

I am in no way bashing here so I think you need to sit down with him. Tell him you really need HIS help on this since there seem to be such limited things he will eat. If he is going to be this picky then it is his responsibility to help you or he will just have to deal.

My husband and I grew up very different. So different tastes. As an Adult he went totally crazy and found out he liked verry spicy foods. I because of health issues can not eat this kind of food. I try to for my cooking to have lots of flavor but not "heat" If he wants it kicked up he adds it to his food. Mealtimes can be alot of compromise.

It is not your fault if his mom (speculating here) let him eat the same 3 meals his entire life or was a "short order cook"

In our family if you don't like something you do not have to eat it but that's what we are having. If we (the kids) are hungry enough they will eat it. If they do not finish dinner then no desert. It took me over 2 years to get to this point and I like it much better than cooking 2 different meals every nite.

Bottom line if he does not like something he needs to take action to change it and that does not mean making you feel bad! He can choose recipes and maybee even do the shopping. If he is not willing to do these things then well TOUGH!

Laurie,

I keep reading the above posts and thinking that, taken as a whole, we start to sound a little harsh, and I know that's not our intent. It seems to me that the general theme is that your husband, if he is to continue being picky, needs to provide you some assistance. Whether that's in the form of cooking a couple times a week, or providing you with lists of acceptable foods and recipes.

You seem like a caring person, and you don't deserve to have someone treat you with anything less than respect and understanding.

The kitchen would be his!

It wouldn't fly at my house sorry! I agree with KG and some others stop enabling him eventually your son will be the same way.

If he lived at my house I'd relinquish my kitchen duties and he'd be responsible for planning, shopping, cooking and cleaning up. Then I'd sit and "%itch" about everything he put in front of me until he got tired of it!!
at our house we live by " What goes around, comes around" & "treat poeple like you want to be treated"

My dh is a little picky. He is more like you with the meat and potatoes thing, I am not. I have started eating more meat, mostly because when I was pregnant, I craved it, and needed the extra protein. He still doesn't eat many veggies or fruit and he doesn't like rice or pasta, but if I fix it, he will eat it and usually just a small amount then later eats something else. I made a rule (and I'm allowed to because I'm the mommy!) that he has to make it look like the food is really yummy no matter what it is so that the kids will be willing to try something. IF the kids see him making a face of disgust or not eating what I make then they will do the same thing, and they will end up just as picky. We usually talk about what is for dinner the next night so that there isn't any dissapointment. I realize that just as I might be really craving pasta, he might really be craving taco's or chicken. So, planning a little ahead works great for us.
One suggestion I have is try ground turkey instead of hamburger. I put it in hamburger helper, spaghetti, and mostaccoli. Pretty much anything that calls for hamburger. It is cheaper, healthier, and might not mess up his tummy. It doesn't change the taste of most foods. In fact, try it first without telling him. He won't see the difference and probably won't even notice. (I do not like most store brands, go for the Tyson...it has a better taste)
Another suggestion is try smaller meals. I got in that habit of fixing meat, potato, and veggie every dinner. Then realized that sometimes, just a sandwich will do, and maybe some soup or chilli. It's cheaper and less time consuming. Not for everynight, but maybe every couple of nights. The less you fret over it, the less fuss he'll make. oh and try some fish. Tilapia is great and can be cooked with just butter or spiced up with jamaican jerk rub. It's quick and easy, and doesn't have the strong strong fish flavor like salmon does. Plus you can buy it frozen and only cook two or three at a time if you want.
good luck.

Can you have him cook for a week?
I have fend for yourself nights at my house. Usally on Saturdays and for some reason Tuesdays.
This goes for all my kids and that includes my husbond. I notice that when my DH cooks I won't eat and it hurts his feeling
He started cooking after I would cook the same meal day after day because I new he would eat it. Then he got so sick of it so I told him to start making the meal plan.
What I say at our house is, if you say your hungry then you better eati what I give you or your not that hungry
I love the dinner choices at reba515's
I don't know if any of this helped but I do feel for you, I would just go on strike. GOOD LUCK!

thanks for all the suggestions, we dont like seafood so we wont even consider making anything fishy or anything. I'm thinking about tonight just making some egg salad and see how that goes ... i think you all are right though, i really need to sit down with him and have him look at recipes and help make the menu plan .. then he can see how hard it is and how time consuming it is to think of foods that he will eat!

ann .. thank you for yoru comment .. i really appreciate it!

does anyone know of any vegetarian ideas ... maybe not full blown veggie, but some ideas on not having meat every night ??

Most of the time its "fend for yourself night" in my house. Once or twice a week my husband will cook for both of us, but most of the time we each make our own food. It works well, since he likes to cook all sorts of fatty ways and I am on Weight Watchers.

sillylittlechef said:
One suggestion I have is try ground turkey instead of hamburger. I put it in hamburger helper, spaghetti, and mostaccoli. Pretty much anything that calls for hamburger. It is cheaper, healthier, and might not mess up his tummy. It doesn't change the taste of most foods. In fact, try it first without telling him. He won't see the difference and probably won't even notice. (I do not like most store brands, go for the Tyson...it has a better taste)
I completely agree with this... my husband has acid reflux, and switching to ground turkey has actually helped! I'm not sure how, but it does. We switched to the turkey over a year ago, and we love it. No one can even tell the difference. My MIL is super picky about meat, and DH keeps trying to convince her to switch to ground turkey since it's healthier. He can't talk her into it, so he told me to just make something with it and see if she can taste the difference! lol

I agree and disagree with a lot of these posts! I wouldn't kill myself trying so hard to figure it out! But I'd still try to some degree! I would try talking to him too, but sometimes I know that can be hard too! My hubby is not the talking type! But he's not this picky either! He was pretty picky when I met him, but me being the cook, I slowly but surely added stuff in and if he didn't like it, I said don't eat it then and I always made sure there was some form of side dish he always liked. Now he eats almost everything, including onions, love that food chopper! I can almost turn onions into water!
Anyway, I'd keep trying to talk to him here and there and tell him you'll try your best and to be patient because he has really tied your hands behind your back, so to speak, with the limited choices!
One thing I do is have some wine or mixed drink with my honey and then he'll open up and talk more and the tempers don't flare so much, I wait until he's really in a loving mood and then talk to him about stuff, but I don't keep going if he starts getting annoyed, I just drop it and bring it up again later!

Now, one thing that I won't be popular about is that I do not agree with other's posts that say, divorce or that he's not a wonderful hubby just because he's picky and asks for some more choices! I'm not saying he has the right to make you feel like you need to be a miracle worker but he doesn't deserve the fact that other people tell you that he needs to grow up or cook himself or that he's not great, or just divorce him. I'm glad you said divorce wasn't an option! I really believe we do what we can to make our guys happy, but at the same time, you can't pull a rabbit out of your hat! So explain it like that and get some suggestions by getting some magazines or go to the library and checkout some cookbooks, vegetarian and poultry ones, breakfast ideas and appetizers. There is a lot to try if we look at resources we don't normally look at! If he still doesn't like the choices, then, you tell him there is nothing left that you can cook for him except the ones you know he can eat and that will be what you will cook..... and when he's hungry....he'll eat!
But I guarantee that if you tell him to cook for himself, if he doesn't want to or doesn't know how, he will get mad and divorce might end up being the result!
I'm a Christian girl and I don't believe in "my way or the highway" for either one of us. It's my job to keep him happy especially when I stay home and he's out working so hard for us, I try hard to make him happy. But he also knows that he can't expect the impossible without being willing to bend a little or if he's not willing to bend, he will get served chicken until he becomes one!
I just had to state what I felt here, because she asked for food suggestions not relationship advice. And if she feels her husband is wonderful, then he is! His food preferences doesn't make him bad, I can think of a lot worse things he could be doing.... cheating.... beating....bar hopping.....verbally abusive.....terrible daddy.... and he's probably not all of these because she said he is wonderful....he just wants differnt food choices. And he probably has confidence in her ablility to produce that for him.....
So, I'm probably not popular now but it how I feel..... Good luck hun, I'll pray for ideas to come plenty to you and peaceful talks with him.... where recipes come a plenty! Oh and if he doesn't mind cooking suggest he help you! Can be a really rewarding experience to cook together! My hubby does not like to cook for me or the family but enjoys helping me and giving his thoughts to me, sometimes he even does take over and do it, and then I make mental notes of what he did... and duplicate it later!
Good luck!:)

Last edited:
abrahamlaur said:
does anyone know of any vegetarian ideas ... maybe not full blown veggie, but some ideas on not having meat every night ??

My SIL's a vegetarian but my BIL isn't (he just doesn't eat meat very often). I could ask them for some meal ideas. I know they make pizza once every couple of weeks, and eggplant parmesan (my 18 mo. old niece loves it!).

ahammons said:
I completely agree with this... my husband has acid reflux, and switching to ground turkey has actually helped! I'm not sure how, but it does. We switched to the turkey over a year ago, and we love it. No one can even tell the difference. My MIL is super picky about meat, and DH keeps trying to convince her to switch to ground turkey since it's healthier. He can't talk her into it, so he told me to just make something with it and see if she can taste the difference! lol

....I buy half ground beef & half ground turkey and mix the two before I freeze it, then use the mixture for tacos, hamburgers, chili, etc....and I can't even tell a difference

reba515 said:

Dinner Choices:
1. take it
2. leave it

What about soups or chili with bread or salad ?

That's sort of like our house. He realizes that if he complains, the cooking STOPS! And since he doesn't cook, he would starve.

Maybe its time you get him into the kitchen and try cooking with him. He might get excited about food. Maybe not, but it's worth a shot.

Meatless meals... vegetable lasagna, or lasgna with those soy crumbles. If you don't tell him, he might try it.

Does he eat shrimp? There are two or three shrimp recipes in 29 min cookbook that look interesting. Plus that lasgna (not shrimp related) that I amm going to try with turkey sausage.

Grilled cheese with bacon, or tomato or both, and tomato soup.
Spaghetti and marinara sauce (add mushrooms, onions, if you like) and garlic bread.
That BLT pasta in the 29 min cookbook. Once again, don't tell him they are leeks. Besides they are only onions! Not really, more of the lily family but that will just wig him out.

Then there's always, "hey, if you are tired of beef, pork and chicken, then you gotta try new stuff"

You could make a game out of it ... blindfold him and have him taste things. And then reward him for trying something new. I will let you come up with the rewards!

Well said Cathy...and phew, thank god my mom didn't divorce me when I used to be a picky eater!

<h2>1. What are some alternatives to meat that I can cook for my picky husband?</h2><p>Some alternatives to meat that you can cook for your husband include fish, seafood, eggs, and vegetarian options like quinoa, lentils, and tempeh. You can also try incorporating more vegetables into your meals as the main focus, such as roasted vegetables or vegetable stir-fry.</p><h2>2. How can I make meals more exciting for my husband without using meat?</h2><p>You can make meals more exciting for your husband by trying out different cuisines, such as Mexican, Italian, or Asian, which offer a variety of dishes that don't rely heavily on meat. You can also experiment with different spices and herbs to add flavor to your dishes. Additionally, incorporating different textures, such as crispy or crunchy elements, can make meals more interesting.</p><h2>3. What are some easy and quick meal ideas for a picky husband?</h2><p>Some easy and quick meal ideas for a picky husband could include grilled cheese sandwiches with a side salad, vegetable soup with crusty bread, pasta with marinara sauce, or veggie stir-fry with rice. These meals can be made in under 30 minutes and can be customized to your husband's liking.</p><h2>4. What are some tips for cooking for a picky husband?</h2><p>Some tips for cooking for a picky husband include involving him in meal planning and asking for his input on what he would like to eat. You can also try to incorporate some of his favorite ingredients into meals to make them more appealing to him. Additionally, don't be afraid to try new recipes and be patient as it may take some time for him to adjust to new flavors.</p><h2>5. How can I make sure my picky husband is getting all the necessary nutrients without eating meat?</h2><p>If your husband is not eating meat, it's important to ensure he is still getting all the necessary nutrients. You can do this by incorporating a variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and protein sources into meals. You can also consider consulting with a nutritionist to create a well-balanced meal plan for your husband's dietary needs.</p>

1. What are some alternatives to meat that I can cook for my picky husband?

Some alternatives to meat that you can cook for your husband include fish, seafood, eggs, and vegetarian options like quinoa, lentils, and tempeh. You can also try incorporating more vegetables into your meals as the main focus, such as roasted vegetables or vegetable stir-fry.

2. How can I make meals more exciting for my husband without using meat?

You can make meals more exciting for your husband by trying out different cuisines, such as Mexican, Italian, or Asian, which offer a variety of dishes that don't rely heavily on meat. You can also experiment with different spices and herbs to add flavor to your dishes. Additionally, incorporating different textures, such as crispy or crunchy elements, can make meals more interesting.

3. What are some easy and quick meal ideas for a picky husband?

Some easy and quick meal ideas for a picky husband could include grilled cheese sandwiches with a side salad, vegetable soup with crusty bread, pasta with marinara sauce, or veggie stir-fry with rice. These meals can be made in under 30 minutes and can be customized to your husband's liking.

4. What are some tips for cooking for a picky husband?

Some tips for cooking for a picky husband include involving him in meal planning and asking for his input on what he would like to eat. You can also try to incorporate some of his favorite ingredients into meals to make them more appealing to him. Additionally, don't be afraid to try new recipes and be patient as it may take some time for him to adjust to new flavors.

5. How can I make sure my picky husband is getting all the necessary nutrients without eating meat?

If your husband is not eating meat, it's important to ensure he is still getting all the necessary nutrients. You can do this by incorporating a variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and protein sources into meals. You can also consider consulting with a nutritionist to create a well-balanced meal plan for your husband's dietary needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Trish in Texas
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Trish in Texas
  • Trish in Texas
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • esavvymom