• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director How can I increase my show average and boost outside orders?

In summary, the conversation is about strategies for increasing show average. Some ideas mentioned include offering incentives for outside orders and bringing friends, using word bridges and descriptive language, and asking guests about potential gift purchases. Host coaching is also emphasized as a key factor in increasing sales. The conversation also touches on the importance of guest lists and relevant product demonstrations.
Malinda Klein
Gold Member
Does anyone have any handouts, outlines, to do a training on increasing your show average?

I've thought of a few things, but have a training i'm putting together for next week. A few ideas i ran across:

** when sending invitations, offer a : $1.00 off for every outside order or Bring a friend and get a free cookbook (i.e. season best)

I found this online in the files section:

1. Increase the Number of Orders Placed.
 Make sure the host sends out ALL 40 invitations. Don’t ask “Have you sent out all of the invitations?” ask, “How many more invitations do you need?”
 Encourage “Bring a Friend”. Offer the host a prize for a certain number of adult guests in attendance.
 Give the host a reason to call everyone before the show (ugly spoon)
2. Make sure the host is getting Outside Orders from EVERY “NO” (or at least asking for every order)
 Provide the host with at Least 10 outside order forms and a minimum of 3 catalogs.
3. Only Demo Recipes that show Cookware and/or Stoneware
 Cover every detail about stoneware and cookware from warranty to ease of cleaning.
4. Give three tips for every item you touch
 A gadget has one use; a tool has several uses. We sell TOOLS. Inform your guests of their versatility.
5. Be Genuinely Excited about our Tools.
 Get excited about the warranty, the versatility, and the ease of use, the opportunity, all of it!
6. Use Descriptive words, paint word pictures
 Don’t overuse the word “favorite”. Too many favorites make you look phony. Use words like compact, easy to store, timeless, sturdy, superior coating, durable, and user friendly, adjustable, convenient.
7. Use Word Bridges.
 For example use “So that the”. The flour blades of the Ultimate Mandoline lock conveniently inside the box (feature) that attaches to the Mandoline so that the blades never get misplaced (benefit). Bridge from feature to benefit.
8. Offer an incentive to guests for bringing outside orders to the show.
 Take $1 off for example. Take it off at the end of the total and put it on your PP+ as a “Consultant Gift” then write it off on your taxes. If they bring multiple orders, say “WOW! You are really great at getting orders! I bet you’d be awesome at getting paid to gather those orders too!!”
9. Instruct Guests to Write down all the Items they are interested in.
 This makes It easier to transfer to the sales receipt the items they want to purchase at this time. Then they have an instant wish list for the next show! Plus, if there are lots of items, you can suggest hosting a show or becoming a Consultant.
10. Ask Guests did you find everything you Need? Gifts for Birthdays, Anniversaries, Etc?
 It’s called an “add- on”P question which can lead to add on sales!!! 

Any other ideas?

I always address my invitations to Mary Smith & Guests. I always make guests plural and on the invitation itself, I make *friends* plural as well. I used to hear people say they thought they could only bring 1 friend with them. Now sometimes I get some that bring 2-3 people with them.The real key to increasing show sales is Host Coaching. That is just something that cannot be scrimped on, in my opinion. If the host is excited, she will get people there. We cannot increase our sales if there are 5 people at shows. We have to work with the hosts to get the people there. And with that, finding out about the people who are coming! (During host coaching of course!). Sales are higher if the products people are seeing are relevant to their lives. Last week I did a show for a group of 'foodies'. It was $1400+. I took the forged knives, cookware, etc. These ladies like to cook and aren't into food that HAS to get on the table in 30 minutes. My show the next night was for busy moms so I demoed the MFP and DCB. Hope that helps a little! :)

I send out invitations for my hosts (mini catalogs with labels on them), but I also send them a bunch (10? Or I ask how many they may need) so the host has some on hand to hand some out in person or incase they happen to run into someone and want to invite them.

I agree - definitely cover in your training that host coaching is KEY. When I was in a slump in my business last year, even when I was having shows, but just wasn't "feeling it" I found that I wasn't as good with host coaching. And it showed in my show totals/averages during that time. and I find that unless hosts have booked off of friends or other hosts, they don't quite get the booking bonus even though I explain it to them. I make sure they understand what that means and encourage them to get bookings before their shows. And let them know that I can enter someone as a booking even if they don't place an order on their show. So, say a friend tells them "Oh I can't order anything right now because money is tight" I encourage them to see if that person would host a show. Then they get stuff for FREE! :)

Good luck!

I went ahead and modified the 10 ways to increase sales - to do a 2 hour workshop with my group last night. Five consultants attended and we kept to the 2 hour.

It was nice to hear that they left with some good ideas. I'm going to now follow up and ask which ideas they plan on implementing.

Attachments

• Sixteen ways to work on Increasing your Show Average.doc
    44 KB · Views: 265

Hi there! I completely understand your desire to increase your show average and boost outside orders. It's always great to have a successful and profitable show. I have a few suggestions that may help with your training next week:1. Encourage the host to send out all 40 invitations and follow up with a phone call. This will ensure maximum attendance and potential sales.2. Offer an incentive for guests to bring a friend to the show. You can offer a free cookbook or a discount on their purchase for each friend they bring.3. Demonstrate recipes that showcase the use of our cookware and stoneware. This will not only show the versatility of our products, but also create a desire for guests to purchase them.4. Provide the host with at least 10 outside order forms and multiple catalogs. This will make it easier for the host to collect outside orders and for guests to browse through the catalog and place an order.5. Be enthusiastic and knowledgeable about our products. Share the benefits and features of each item and how it can make cooking and entertaining easier and more enjoyable.6. Use descriptive words and paint word pictures when talking about our products. This will help guests visualize themselves using the products and create a desire to purchase them.7. Use word bridges to connect product features to benefits. This will help guests understand how the product can benefit them and their daily lives.8. Offer an incentive for guests to bring in outside orders. This can be in the form of a discount or a free gift. This will encourage guests to not only make a purchase themselves, but also gather orders from friends and family.9. Instruct guests to write down items they are interested in. This will make it easier for them to remember what they wanted to purchase and also serves as a wish list for future purchases.10. Ask guests if they have found everything they need and if they are looking for gifts for special occasions. This can lead to add-on sales and potential future bookings.I hope these suggestions help with your training and that you have a successful show! Best of luck to you!

1. How can I increase my show average?

There are several ways you can increase your show average. One is to offer special incentives or discounts for guests who spend a certain amount of money. You can also upsell products by showcasing complementary items and explaining how they enhance the use of the main product. Another effective method is to educate your guests about the value and versatility of our products, which can lead to more purchases.

2. What is the average amount that guests spend at a Pampered Chef show?

The average amount that guests spend at a Pampered Chef show can vary depending on several factors, including the number of guests, the type of products being featured, and the event itself. However, our data shows that the average show total ranges from $500 to $1000.

3. How can I encourage guests to spend more at my shows?

There are a few strategies you can use to encourage guests to spend more at your shows. One is to create a sense of urgency by offering limited-time deals or showcasing products that are only available for a short period. You can also host theme shows that focus on a specific product line or occasion, which can lead to more targeted purchases. Additionally, providing a fun and engaging atmosphere and offering personalized product recommendations can also encourage guests to spend more.

4. What are some effective ways to upsell products at my shows?

There are several techniques you can use to upsell products at your shows. One is to highlight the features and benefits of complementary products and explain how they can enhance the use of the main product. You can also offer bundle deals or package multiple products together for a discounted price. Another effective method is to showcase recipes that require the use of multiple products, encouraging guests to purchase all the necessary items.

5. How can I educate my guests about the value and versatility of Pampered Chef products?

There are a few ways you can educate your guests about the value and versatility of our products. One is to provide product demonstrations and explain how our products make cooking and meal preparation easier and more efficient. You can also share customer testimonials and success stories to showcase the value and quality of our products. Additionally, providing cooking tips and ideas for using our products can help guests see the versatility and potential of our products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • susanr613