• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Want to boost your party sales? Try this host incentive!

you will already be guaranteed $90.00 in additional free products. If you're like me, well, free is my favorite!.:DI don't have a flyer. I tell my hosts, and then I follow up with an email when I send the outside order form. When I call them the following week to check in I will remind them of the special.
beckyjsmith
I just wanted to share this in case someone needs a little pick me up...

When I attended Spring Launch, one of the speakers shared how she uses incentives for her host based on sales prior to the show. We all know what a pain it is to wait for the host to wrap up that last order...
So, what she does is offers to the host a piece of unglazed stoneware if the host has $250.00 in sales before the show begins. If the host has $500.00 in pre-orders, she can choose ANY piece of stoneware, including the magic pot. FREE!

I thought I would give it a try in March, just to see if there was a difference.
With 9 shows, my show average went from somewhere around 640 to 780. I had four 1k shows last month and a 9k show.
So far this month I have 3 shows that are over 1k.
Who knew my hosts would be THAT motivated to get an extra piece of stoneware?

Anyhoo, I am sure you could substitute something else for stoneware, but I wanted to share.

I've never had a $1k show, so if I ever had a $9k show, I'd probably have a heart attack. Was that a fundraiser, or did the host just have a lot of rich friends? haha

That's wonderful, Becky. I can see why you're an AD!

I really like that idea! I'll give it a try- when I blow off the dust from my calendar!

Becky - do you have a flyer you use with that? Or a letter that you use?

I'd like to see/hear how you present it to your hosts, when you get a chance!

ChefBeckyD said:
Becky - do you have a flyer you use with that? Or a letter that you use?

I'd like to see/hear how you present it to your hosts, when you get a chance!

That's a good idea. I don't have any shows booked for May, and need to start making phone calls (I REALLY want that new Summer product - and, having pulled off earning the HWC Apron, I'm even more motivated to succeed at this, too).

pampchefsarah said:
I've never had a $1k show, so if I ever had a $9k show, I'd probably have a heart attack. Was that a fundraiser, or did the host just have a lot of rich friends? haha

Or you could see why I am a complete doofus. That should have read 900. I WISH I had a 9k show!! lol!!!!
Whoopsie!
Thanks!

Hey Beck! Usually once the show is booked and I am going over all of the benefits with the host, I always say, and remember, if someone can't come, don't forget to give them the opportunity to order from the catalog!
AND... my host special right now is this: If you have $250 in orders before your show ( that's product total- pre-tax and shipping) you can choose any piece of our UNglazed stoneware on ME! That is in ADDITION to all of the other free goodies you will be looking forward to.
AND.. if you have $500.00 in orders before your show, you can choose ANY piece of stoneware, including the magic pot.. on ME! And you will already be guaranteed $90.00 in additional free products. If you're like me, well, free is my favorite!.:D

I don't have a flyer. I tell my hosts, and then I follow up with an email when I send the outside order form. When I call them the following week to check in I will remind them of the special.

I have been amazed at the response. My show average has gone from 640 to 780. I had a show last night- 5 people cancelled on the host yesterday, so she only had 6 in attendance. It was still worth leaving my house though. Sales were at 984 and she has 6 more orders to round up ( one who wants the 16 pc DOTS dinnerware set.)

Thanks ya'll!!

beckyjsmith said:
Or you could see why I am a complete doofus. That should have read 900. I WISH I had a 9k show!! lol!!!!
Whoopsie!
Thanks!

Hey Beck! Usually once the show is booked and I am going over all of the benefits with the host, I always say, and remember, if someone can't come, don't forget to give them the opportunity to order from the catalog!
AND... my host special right now is this: If you have $250 in orders before your show ( that's product total- pre-tax and shipping) you can choose any piece of our UNglazed stoneware on ME! That is in ADDITION to all of the other free goodies you will be looking forward to.
AND.. if you have $500.00 in orders before your show, you can choose ANY piece of stoneware, including the magic pot.. on ME! And you will already be guaranteed $90.00 in additional free products. If you're like me, well, free is my favorite!.:D

I don't have a flyer. I tell my hosts, and then I follow up with an email when I send the outside order form. When I call them the following week to check in I will remind them of the special.

I have been amazed at the response. My show average has gone from 640 to 780. I had a show last night- 5 people cancelled on the host yesterday, so she only had 6 in attendance. It was still worth leaving my house though. Sales were at 984 and she has 6 more orders to round up ( one who wants the 16 pc DOTS dinnerware set.)

Thanks ya'll!!

Thanks, Becky! My show avg. right now is $630 - and I'd LOVE to bring that up by $150! That is awesome!

Curious - How many of them are reaching the $500 pre-show vs. $250? I was figuring it out, and really, between the 30% host discount, and 28-30% commission, it's not that much $$ for the consultant.

Also wondering if this is something you would encourage newer consultants to do, or not?

My one and only $1K show host was with this incentive.

I take an index card and just write on that :

Collect $250 in outside orders before your show and get any cookbook FREE!
Collect $500 in outside orders before your show and get any piece of stoneware FREE!

I put that in an envelope in the host packet, and on the envelope I write "Are you willing to take a bribe?"

Then of course, cover it extensively in host coaching. My $1K host got to $400+ before the show, but not quite to $500.

Currently, I'm not offering it, because I've decided to cut out any expenses to my business that are not absolutely necessary.

In March I had 3 hosts who reached the $500. This month I have 2 so far.
In March I had 5 hosts who reached the $250.00. This month I have had 2. I have only had 4 shows this month and still close to 4k in sales. That's just crazy!!! I like it! :)
I put it on the host order, and with the 30% discount, plus free shipping up front, and then the 31% commish I make, I am making about $12.00 per baker. HOWEVER.. the rest of the show sales make for a nice commission check.
I tell new consultants about it and explain that I DO have to front the $$, so they can change it up to something that might be more in their budget in the beginning.

beckyjsmith said:
In March I had 3 hosts who reached the $500. This month I have 2 so far.
In March I had 5 hosts who reached the $250.00. This month I have had 2. I have only had 4 shows this month and still close to 4k in sales. That's just crazy!!! I like it! :)
I put it on the host order, and with the 30% discount, plus free shipping up front, and then the 31% commish I make, I am making about $12.00 per baker. HOWEVER.. the rest of the show sales make for a nice commission check.
I tell new consultants about it and explain that I DO have to front the $$, so they can change it up to something that might be more in their budget in the beginning.

Great! I'm going to start presenting this TODAY to my hosts for next Thurs. & Sat. (It's probably a little late for Tomorrow morning's show...) Gheesh, I was just offering a free cookbook for $200 in pre-show sales. :rolleyes: I can see where this would be a much bigger incentive!

This is awesome! I'm going to try this out. I need to get back on track for Maui without adding a gazillion shows to my schedule (I work full time).

This is a nice new twist. I've always used the Bingo sheet and it works pretty well, but this would be a nice alternative. good job!

Hi Becky, Thanx for the great tip. I am new to PC and have been reading the forum for a few weeks. Could you please tell me what the magic pot is? Is it the Deep Covered Baker??

I'm not Becky, but yes, the magic pot is what we affectionately call the Deep Covered Baker (aka DCB).

Curious- how do you make sure that there were still a certain # of guests at the show (that she didn't get the guests who were attending to place an order first )?

This sounds intriguing but whenever I try something like this it seems to come around and bite me in the butt :(

pampchefsarah said:

Last night I had a $1514 party and she closed today!:love: Having a $1000 party involves effective host coaching...keeping them excited about their party. Her guests were excited and the host really didn't want too much originally. She had about 11 outside orders before the party and 1 this morning. She had about 19 show up and there were 13 orders (Many combined orders to saving on that big huge shipping money!! Good grief!)

Keep the host excited and keep in touch with her/him and really make them feel good about how everyone wants to be invited to a party even if they don't order or plan on coming. (they will think of more names and more people do end up coming to the party)!

Keep at it and it WILL happen!:chef:

I can't wait to try this with my May hosts!!

I absolutely love this!!!! Can't wait to try this. I am going to have to call my May hosts ASAP!!!!

1. What types of incentives are available for consultants?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of incentives for our consultants, including free products, discounted merchandise, and cash bonuses.

2. How do I qualify for incentives as a consultant?

To qualify for incentives, consultants must meet certain sales goals and maintain active status within the company. Our incentives are designed to reward hard work and dedication.

3. Are there any deadlines for earning incentives?

Yes, there are specific deadlines for earning incentives. These deadlines are typically based on a monthly or quarterly basis, so it is important to stay on top of your sales and goals throughout the year.

4. Can I earn incentives in addition to my commission as a consultant?

Absolutely! Our incentives are in addition to your commission as a consultant. This means you have the opportunity to earn even more rewards for your hard work and success.

5. How do I redeem my incentives as a consultant?

Once you have qualified for an incentive, you will receive instructions on how to redeem it. This may involve placing a special order or filling out a form. Our goal is to make the redemption process as easy and convenient as possible for our consultants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • ChefPeg
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • wadesgirl