• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Emergency Prevents Incentive Trip: What Are the Risks?

In summary, if someone has to cancel their trip last minute, they will get the value of the gift card minus the plane tickets.
chefkugler
Hello
Has anyone ever ran into or know someone who ran into an emergency that prevented them from going on an incentive trip???

As some of you know, my father is fighting caner right now. Friday the Dr's told us they think he may only have a few months. So as I try to wrap my head around this, I realize Disney is in a few months. My family needs nothing more than a get away right now, but my fear is something going wrong w/ dad's health.
So my questions is what would happen if I had to cancel last minute? Would I lose everything?

You don't lose everything. They will give you the amount in the gc that you would've had (if you chose the gc option) minus any non-refundable amounts. It kinda depends on how soon you have to cancel. My friend had to cancel the incentive trip 3 days before leaving. Her father-in-law passed.

Yeah if I have to cancel, it would be last minute as well. praying that it doesn't come down to that.

I cancelled San Francisco about 2 weeks before we were supposed to leave (my dad was in the hospital and very sick) and I got everything back in a gift certificate except for $100 (charge for having refundable plane tickets). I'll keep your family in my prayers...hugs!

I spoke with someone in HO and she told me I would get the value of the gift card ($1500), minus the plane tickets that they would give me. well if they paid what they cost online, the plane tickets were $1100. So I would end up with a $400 gift card.
praying this isn't the way I will have to go cause WOW I would be getting the short end of the stick.
I would lose my TPC award ( $300 disney dollars), totally miss out on the value of the trip.
Thanks for the prayers.

Oh Melissa, I'm so sorry about your dads ongoing health. I'm keeping your family in your prayers and pray that he has a sudden positive turn and you and your family can enjoy your family vacation you SO deserve!

Melissa, I know how your Dad insisted that you earn the trip and go. How heartbreaking for you. Many, many prayers for you and your family. Glad HO is helping you out with this.

I haven't been on in awhile.
My father passed away on 5/5/10. We talked about the Disney trip so many times. He kept saying he didn't want to ruin my trip and not have me be able to go with him sick. I told him he would be fine and the kids could come back and tell him all about it. He wanted Mickey ears to cover his hair loss.
I will still bring him back the ears. This trip is now what my family needs more than ever.

Oh Melissa - I am so sorry for your loss. Please know you are your family are in my prayers.

HUGS Melissa!!!

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know your dad was one of your biggest supporters and cheerleaders. He would've been so happy for you guys to go to Disney. It is awesome that you'll be able to go and honor his memory like that. {{{HUGS}}}

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you all are able to enjoy the Disney trip you worked so hard to earn - in his honor. I'm sure he'd want you to enjoy it to the fullest!!

Disney has a bittersweet spot in my heart too... when we went for the first time last March, my grandpa passed away while we were there. I remember the exact location of what we were doing when my mom got the news on her cell phone.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Melissa, I am so sorry for your loss. I know your Dad is like mine...he wants you to live and enjoy life. I am sure at Disney there will be tears when you suddenly remember him and miss him. But for his sake...you make sure you make many fun and lasting memories for your children. You could do your father no bigger honor than to enjoy yourself and your family. Disney is magical in so many ways. And find just a smidgen of time for YOU to relax, unwind and pampering. You have helped your Dad fight a long hard couragous battle. And it is what we all know he would want for you. What a kind loving soul.

Melissa, I am so sorry for you loss. I know this must've been an extremely hard year for you so far and i know just by reading your posts, he'd be proud of you for still going.
Good luck with everything you're going through. Your family is still in my prayers.
We'll see you there! :)

I'm so sorry Melissa. May God give you comfort and peace and as has already been said... give you joy and fun and relaxation when we are at Disney!

I'm very sorry to hear @ your loss Melissa. Go to Disney and have fun! Celebrate your dad while you are there. He would have wanted you to and your family will have a good time.

As you all know, my dad passed away in November. His car has been sitting in my driveway since then. I kept saying that I was going to sell it, but I kept procrastinating doing it (I still haven't changed the title into my name). I cleaned it up last month and took it for a test drive and had the best time driving it and thinking about him. I decided to keep it! It's a fun car too, a Mustang Convertable, V6, stick-shift.....what's a 70 year old man doing with a car like that? I laugh every time I get behind the wheel and think about him in this car having his aftermid-life crisis (sp?).

I am os very sorry, Melissa.

pamperedlinda said:
I'm very sorry to hear @ your loss Melissa. Go to Disney and have fun! Celebrate your dad while you are there. He would have wanted you to and your family will have a good time.

As you all know, my dad passed away in November. His car has been sitting in my driveway since then. I kept saying that I was going to sell it, but I kept procrastinating doing it (I still haven't changed the title into my name). I cleaned it up last month and took it for a test drive and had the best time driving it and thinking about him. I decided to keep it! It's a fun car too, a Mustang Convertable, V6, stick-shift.....what's a 70 year old man doing with a car like that? I laugh every time I get behind the wheel and think about him in this car having his aftermid-life crisis (sp?).

Linda, I LOVE this post. I know that you too had a hard year with your Dad passing. I would like to think that in some way, he is in the passenger's seat enjoying the ride right along with you!

pamperedlinda said:

Linda that's awesome! He's smiling down on you! :)

So sorry Melissa.

baychef said:
Linda, I LOVE this post. I know that you too had a hard year with your Dad passing. I would like to think that in some way, he is in the passenger's seat enjoying the ride right along with you!

Ya know - I think he is....and he's drinking a beer! He always wanted (and needed) a DD :cool:

Anyhow Melissa, go to Disney and ride something by yourself (like a really scarey roller coaster!) - only you won't be by yourself, your dad will be in the seat next to you waving his hands in the air screaming at the top of his lungs with you.....hugs!

finley1991 said:
Linda that's awesome! He's smiling down on you! :)

He's also probably thinking that I'm driving his car way too fast :eek: but dang, it's fun! LOL

Melissa,
I am so sorry for your loss. Just from a few of your posts I realized what a special person your dad is. Have fun at Disney!

I too am sorry for your loss. Enjoy your trip and know that is where he wants you to be.

The year I promoted to director I had a similar issue and it took some time to sort it out in my head and heart. My mother was diagnosed with kidney cancer in March. I promoted in May. In June I went 1300 miles from my home to take care of her in rural WI. I cared for her 24/7 for almost 2 months. She was in a hospice bed at the hospital when it was time for our wave of conference to begin and we didn't expect her to make it through the week. I did not want to go but she insisted, saying I should not miss it and the excitement of it all in the year I walked as director and besides, my leaving meant that my sister would go to care for her and they needed to settle differences. It was the hardest drive I ever took, that trip from northern WI to Chicago. She died while I was at conference. I did not leave conference because my family insisted I stay since no one (not even the body) would be in Milwaukee to bury her until the day after conference ended anyway. It was hard to concentrate and I felt guilty but I couldn't be anywhere else. Everyone else was enroute. I felt guilty about leaving her and being there even though everyone said that's where I needed to be until about a year later while talking to my son. He said that she said she wanted me to go, that it was the best thing for me and for her and my sister. I am at peace with it now.

I am glad you didn't have to make a decision like that. He will enjoy watching you all enjoy the trip you earned and deserve!

Oh Beth, although I have not lost either parent (thank you God), I can only imagine the turmoil you must have felt. And I am glad that you have resolved those feelings. And as you know, she felt your love by being by her side caring for her. Thank you for sharing your story.

Oh Beth, I'm so sorry. how hard it must've been for you to go. Again, so sorry for your loss.

Many hugs Melissa. I like to think that our loved ones who have moved on are looking down on us and smiling when we are able to still enjoy life. I am so sorry for your loss.

Thank you everyone. As I read each post with tears rolling down my face. You are all right, my dad would want me to enjoy this trip and yes I will go on a ride w/ him. :eek:)

Melissa, I am so so sorry for your loss. I'm praying for you and your family.

Melissa,

I too am sorry about your loss. I love reading how supportive your dad was, and can only imagine how proud he is of you. Losing a parent is hard, and I wish I could say a magic word to make it all better. Grieve and remember the great times. Enjoy yourself at Disney just as he hoped. I love the idea of bringing him back Mickey ears.

Praying for you and sending you love.

1. Has anyone ever ran into or know someone who ran into an emergency that prevented them from going on an incentive trip???

Yes, it is not uncommon for people to encounter emergencies that prevent them from going on an incentive trip. These emergencies can range from personal health issues to family emergencies or unexpected work obligations.

2. As some of you know, my father is fighting cancer right now. Friday the doctors told us they think he may only have a few months. So as I try to wrap my head around this, I realize Disney is in a few months. My family needs nothing more than a getaway right now, but my fear is something going wrong with dad's health.

I'm sorry to hear about your father's health struggles. It is completely understandable to have concerns about going on an incentive trip during this difficult time. It is important to prioritize your family's needs and make decisions that are best for your situation.

3. What would happen if I had to cancel last minute?

If you have to cancel your incentive trip last minute due to an emergency, it is best to contact the trip organizers as soon as possible. They may have a cancellation policy in place that outlines any penalties or fees for cancelling. It is also important to check with your travel insurance, if you have any, to see if they cover any expenses related to last minute cancellations.

4. Would I lose everything?

It depends on the terms and conditions set by the trip organizers and your travel insurance, if applicable. It is always best to read and understand the cancellation policy before booking any trip. In some cases, you may be able to receive a partial refund or reschedule the trip for a later date.

5. How can I prepare for potential emergencies that may prevent me from going on an incentive trip?

It is always a good idea to have a contingency plan in place in case of emergencies. This can include purchasing travel insurance with cancellation coverage, keeping in touch with the trip organizers to stay updated on any changes or policies, and having a backup plan in case you are unable to go on the trip. It is also important to communicate with your employer and discuss any potential work conflicts that may arise.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
baychef
Replies
Views
ChefLoriG
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila