1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings Inactive consultant status

1. sherry

sherry Gold Member

If you become inactive and submit $150 the month after you were inactive do you lose your sales status? I show inactive this month. Will I lose my 2% for sales more than $15K?

Aug 10, 2009
  2. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

You have to be inactive for 2 months in a row to lose career sales. So if you were active in June, but not in July, you can submit in August and keep your sales.

3. whiteyteresa

whiteyteresa Veteran Member

yes

sorry but that is the new rules

:(

posted after the 2nd post

but my director said that I would lose my $56,000 in sales if I didn't submited something each month

Aug 10, 2009
  4. pampered1224

pampered1224 Legacy Member Silver Member

Teresa, your director does not know what they are talking about.
    That is completely false.
    1 month no sales = inactive. 2 months IN A ROW no sales = inactive and loss of career sales.
    May $150, June $0 and inactive; July $150 and active again.
    August $0 and inactive, September $0 inactive and loose career sales.
    That's how it works.

Aug 10, 2009
  5. BlessedWifeMommy

Maybe that is your director's way of staying a director... Let's face it, it is a lot of pressure on them to keep people under them active every month.

6. pampered1224

pampered1224 Legacy Member Silver Member

Well, if that is the case, then she out and out lied. And I would hate to hear of anyone doing that to a consultant.

Aug 10, 2009
  7. PamperedDor

PamperedDor Senior Member Gold Member

Oh they are out there doing that John! I actually know that for a fact!...

Aug 10, 2009
  8. whiteyteresa

whiteyteresa Veteran Member

My director is a very, very good director

I don't think she lied at all

I will check with her again

:chef:

Aug 10, 2009
  9. cookie325

cookie325 Member

Maybe your director just misunderstood because a lot of people are still learning the new career plan. It does seem to be a bit of a learning curve to get used to all of the changes.

Aug 10, 2009
  10. BlessedWifeMommy

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say your director was being deceptive. I agree, people are still learning the new plan.

11. BlessedWifeMommy

That is what I should have said...

12. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

My director quit selling Pampered Chef right before she moved back to the states. She gave me her S/S box which had a flip chart with the new career plan inside. Here's verbatim off the flip chart sent by Pampered Chef to Directors last season:

Aug 10, 2009
  13. ChefJoyJ

ChefJoyJ Veteran Member

6 months??? With all that has gone on, and still is goiing on...I really liked the year thing they had going on before. I'm not super crazy about their new career plan.

Aug 10, 2009
  14. cookie325

cookie325 Member

I prefer the 6 months. For me, I signed up under one person and, when she quit, I bumped up to her director with whom I did not mesh well. I had to wait a year to be able to sign up under someone else. One year of inactivity is quite some time, six months seems more reasonable to me. Give the new plan some time - its new so its taking some time to get used to, but it definitely has its benefits that I think we will all see in the long run.

Aug 10, 2009
  15. Chef Bobby

Chef Bobby Veteran Member Gold Member

I know someone that has dropped out of Directoship and does 1 show at least within 6 months to stay on the books. Shame, she was at $99,000.

Aug 10, 2009
  16. ChefJoyJ

ChefJoyJ Veteran Member

The 6 months would have made me have to sign a new agreement. Not too long after I signed (5 months), my grandmother was declared terminal and put into hospice. My grandfather was diagnosed with liver, thyroid, and bone cancer. Obviously terminal as well. I spent most of that summer going back and forth between where I am and my family home, so I could spend as much time as possible with my grandparents. I was unable (or unwilling) to do shows during that time. Then my pregnancy became more complicated and I was put on modified bedrest. After my DD was born in December, my husband's job had him out of town all the time, and I was left at home, alone, adjusting to having 2 under 2 on little to no sleep. Tough, tough times. Luckily, I had a few catty shows to keep me popping in and out of activity, but I was out of major commission for over a year, but the catty's kept me from having to re-sign. If it had been 6 months, as bad as this sounds, I would never have been able to do it. Now that I'm working my biz again? Maybe. But I was so new, hadn't really built up the contacts I needed, and really had to take time out to concentrate on my family and myself.

6 months does make more sense...I just really liked the career plan the old way. *But* I really need to study it in more detail to really form an opinion...

Glad you were able to re-sign under someone you liked. :)

Aug 10, 2009
  17. Kathytnt

Kathytnt Senior Member

So they appeared to change the rules since I went in active and now I hve a fundraiser lined up for next month but this month is 6 months - What do I do???

Aug 17, 2009
  18. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

Call EVERYONE you know, and see if you can pull together a catalog show. It's only $150 to make you active this month.

Aug 17, 2009
  19. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Kathy, were you inactive before April? If so, then everyone was given a "grace period" of 6 months when the new career plan started. That goes through September. So, it would be Oct. 1st that you would no longer be considered a consultant.

At least, that's my understanding - and what I've seen with my consultants who are inactive. Check with your director to make sure!

Aug 17, 2009
  20. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

You are fine. EVERYONE who was inactive on April 1 started at month 1 of the 6 months in April so no one will get to the 6 months until October 1. You must submit at least $150 in September to avoid re-signing and purchasing the kit.

Aug 17, 2009
  21. Kathytnt

Kathytnt Senior Member

But I got an e-mail I couldn't read on the 11th with a subject line that said by August - I used to do fundraiser all the time but my leads dried up. Thought I would do this fundraiser for Make a Wish and perhaps line up some healthy cooking demos to stay active. Most of the Pampered Chef recipes are not in line with my new career as a personal trainer.

Aug 17, 2009
  22. ChefBeckyD

Then you probably haven't seen the new recipes.

Aug 17, 2009
  23. Kathytnt

Kathytnt Senior Member

Honestly I haven't because I didn't get a package due to being inactive. I am getting with my director to get some catalogs and see if she had some extra Season's Best's

Aug 17, 2009
  24. ChefBeckyD

I am loving many of the new recipes, because you don't have to used processed foods, or canned biscuits or rolls to make them!:thumbup:

My favorite demo for the summer was the Incredible 30 Minute Roasted Chicken w/ Strawberry Spinach Salad. I did it as a way to show people that you could have a healthy, decent, great tasting meal on the table in the amount of time it would take you to order a pizza or go run through a take-out window!

The Steamed Wonton Purses are an amazing recipe for an appetizer, and healthy!

The Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad - again, can be very healthy. (I make it with turkey instead of ground beef)

The list goes on....

I've been very happy with the way PC has been giving healthier choices for recipes.

Aug 17, 2009
  25. BethCooks4U

Then call HO and ask them to clarify it for you.

Aug 17, 2009
  26. Kathytnt

Kathytnt Senior Member

Looks like I have to either resign or cancel my fundraiser. I am so disappointed but I don't want to let down my friends. My director suggested using some of the duplicate products be incentives for the fundraiser.

Aug 17, 2009
  27. BethCooks4U

Linda called HO today and they verified that you have until the end of September to submit sales and not re-sign. Read your email again and then call HO if it's not clear to you. It's 6 months - April, May, June, July, August, September.

Aug 17, 2009
  28. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

Can you post the wording in the email please. I've heard of several people getting it and I'm curious as to what it said. The lady I talked to in Career Solutions today told me that they did not send an email yet about the 6-month inactivity, and she didn't know what email people were getting. thanks!

29. Kathytnt

Kathytnt Senior Member

There is nothing in the e-mail except a little corner piece of artwork. The only text is in the subject line. In the subject line it said Submit $150 in Sales This Month to Stay Active With Your Business

I just went in to send a reply to them and now the verbage shows when I try to reply to the e-mail. Something is messed up in the system. I guess I could re-sign if I have to because this would probably be a big fundraiser or at lest decent and I need catalogs but then I have to go through the whole mess of the debit card and not sure what happens to all my records in my Pampered Partner etc.

Aug 18, 2009
  30. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

At least if you DO have to re-sign, you can do it under the $65 mini-kit plan instead of the full $155! :) (at least through December you can)

Aug 18, 2009
  31. janetupnorth

janetupnorth Legend Member Gold Member

I just sent her a note saying that...did you read my mind or something? ;)

Aug 18, 2009
  32. esavvymom

it's been known to happen!:cool:

Aug 18, 2009
  33. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

and, you will be eligible to participate in the 90-day new consultant program for PC$

34. Kathytnt

Kathytnt Senior Member

I know - It's just that it is a pain to go through for one fundraiser. It could be a really good fundraiser but you never know. I am starting a new business (not direct sales) in the next few weeks and having to purchase a new kit was not in my plans.

Aug 18, 2009
  35. esavvymom

If you are doing it just for that one fundraiser, perhaps you should just be the HOST for a fundraiser through another consultant you know? A cluster-mate perhaps? You could get compensated by way of the Monthly Host Special for whatever month it is, and the organization still gets their fundraiser. just a thought...?

Aug 18, 2009
  36. Kathytnt

Kathytnt Senior Member

I am co-hosting a fundraiser next month - If I contact everyone to do a catalog show this month I am reducing the $$$ I can raise for the fundraiser next month. See my dilemna

Aug 18, 2009
  37. avelissar

avelissar Member

I am facing a similar problem. I was active in June. Inactive in July (no sales). It looks like I may not have enough sales again for August (I was out of the country for a few weeks). If I do not submit $150 in sales by August 31st, I will lose my career sales.

However - there is another option. You can e-mail HO and ask for an extension by the 24th of the month. You are only offered this option once a year. For exact details, refer to the guidelines.

Andrea

Aug 20, 2009
Have something to add?