• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will I lose my consultant status if I become inactive?

In summary, if you become inactive and submit $150 the month after you were inactive do you lose your sales status?If you become inactive and submit $150 the month after you were inactive, you will lose your career sales.
sherry
Gold Member
If you become inactive and submit $150 the month after you were inactive do you lose your sales status? I show inactive this month. Will I lose my 2% for sales more than $15K?

You have to be inactive for 2 months in a row to lose career sales. So if you were active in June, but not in July, you can submit in August and keep your sales.

yes

sorry but that is the new rules

:(

posted after the 2nd post

but my director said that I would lose my $56,000 in sales if I didn't submited something each month

Teresa, your director does not know what they are talking about.
That is completely false.
1 month no sales = inactive. 2 months IN A ROW no sales = inactive and loss of career sales.
May $150, June $0 and inactive; July $150 and active again.
August $0 and inactive, September $0 inactive and loose career sales.
That's how it works.

whiteyteresa said:
but my director said that I would lose my $56,000 in sales if I didn't submited something each month

Maybe that is your director's way of staying a director... Let's face it, it is a lot of pressure on them to keep people under them active every month.

Well, if that is the case, then she out and out lied. And I would hate to hear of anyone doing that to a consultant.

Oh they are out there doing that John! I actually know that for a fact!...

My director is a very, very good director

I don't think she lied at all

I will check with her again

:chef:

Maybe your director just misunderstood because a lot of people are still learning the new career plan. It does seem to be a bit of a learning curve to get used to all of the changes.

whiteyteresa said:
My director is a very, very good director

I don't think she lied at all

I will check with her again

:chef:

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say your director was being deceptive. I agree, people are still learning the new plan.

cookie325 said:
Maybe your director just misunderstood because a lot of people are still learning the new career plan. It does seem to be a bit of a learning curve to get used to all of the changes.

That is what I should have said...

My director quit selling Pampered Chef right before she moved back to the states. She gave me her S/S box which had a flip chart with the new career plan inside. Here's verbatim off the flip chart sent by Pampered Chef to Directors last season:
Q: What happens if a Consultant doesn't sell $150 every month?A: After 2 inactive months in a row, career sales and the 2% commission increase (if already earned) are forfeited.Consultants do not lose their recruits. We want Consultants who have already started building a team to re-engage in the business with their team in place.To provide help in a prolonged situation, a Consultant may request a one-month extension. This gives her one additional month in which to submit $150 in sales, so that she can retain her career sales and 2% commission increase.* Example: Lori didn't sell at all in June. in July, she sold $100 but didn't reach the $150 active requirement. She requests and is granted a one-month extension, which means that she will need to submit at least $150 in commissionable sales in August to retain her career sales and 2% commission increase.After 6 months of continuous inactivity, the Consultant agreement is dissolved. At this point, recruits are re-assigned to the next upline active Consultant. If the person would like to sell again, she needs to submit a new agreement and will start over as a new Consultant.

6 months??? With all that has gone on, and still is goiing on...I really liked the year thing they had going on before. I'm not super crazy about their new career plan.

I prefer the 6 months. For me, I signed up under one person and, when she quit, I bumped up to her director with whom I did not mesh well. I had to wait a year to be able to sign up under someone else. One year of inactivity is quite some time, six months seems more reasonable to me. Give the new plan some time - its new so its taking some time to get used to, but it definitely has its benefits that I think we will all see in the long run.

I know someone that has dropped out of Directoship and does 1 show at least within 6 months to stay on the books. Shame, she was at $99,000.

cookie325 said:
I prefer the 6 months. For me, I signed up under one person and, when she quit, I bumped up to her director with whom I did not mesh well. I had to wait a year to be able to sign up under someone else. One year of inactivity is quite some time, six months seems more reasonable to me. Give the new plan some time - its new so its taking some time to get used to, but it definitely has its benefits that I think we will all see in the long run.

The 6 months would have made me have to sign a new agreement. Not too long after I signed (5 months), my grandmother was declared terminal and put into hospice. My grandfather was diagnosed with liver, thyroid, and bone cancer. Obviously terminal as well. I spent most of that summer going back and forth between where I am and my family home, so I could spend as much time as possible with my grandparents. I was unable (or unwilling) to do shows during that time. Then my pregnancy became more complicated and I was put on modified bedrest. After my DD was born in December, my husband's job had him out of town all the time, and I was left at home, alone, adjusting to having 2 under 2 on little to no sleep. Tough, tough times. Luckily, I had a few catty shows to keep me popping in and out of activity, but I was out of major commission for over a year, but the catty's kept me from having to re-sign. If it had been 6 months, as bad as this sounds, I would never have been able to do it. Now that I'm working my biz again? Maybe. But I was so new, hadn't really built up the contacts I needed, and really had to take time out to concentrate on my family and myself.

6 months does make more sense...I just really liked the career plan the old way. *But* I really need to study it in more detail to really form an opinion...

Glad you were able to re-sign under someone you liked. :)

So they appeared to change the rules since I went in active and now I hve a fundraiser lined up for next month but this month is 6 months - What do I do???

Call EVERYONE you know, and see if you can pull together a catalog show. It's only $150 to make you active this month.

Kathytnt said:
So they appeared to change the rules since I went in active and now I hve a fundraiser lined up for next month but this month is 6 months - What do I do???

Kathy, were you inactive before April? If so, then everyone was given a "grace period" of 6 months when the new career plan started. That goes through September. So, it would be Oct. 1st that you would no longer be considered a consultant.

At least, that's my understanding - and what I've seen with my consultants who are inactive. Check with your director to make sure!

Kathytnt said:

You are fine. EVERYONE who was inactive on April 1 started at month 1 of the 6 months in April so no one will get to the 6 months until October 1. You must submit at least $150 in September to avoid re-signing and purchasing the kit.

But I got an e-mail I couldn't read on the 11th with a subject line that said by August - I used to do fundraiser all the time but my leads dried up. Thought I would do this fundraiser for Make a Wish and perhaps line up some healthy cooking demos to stay active. Most of the Pampered Chef recipes are not in line with my new career as a personal trainer.

Kathytnt said:
But I got an e-mail I couldn't read on the 11th with a subject line that said by August - I used to do fundraiser all the time but my leads dried up. Thought I would do this fundraiser for Make a Wish and perhaps line up some healthy cooking demos to stay active. Most of the Pampered Chef recipes are not in line with my new career as a personal trainer.

Then you probably haven't seen the new recipes.

Honestly I haven't because I didn't get a package due to being inactive. I am getting with my director to get some catalogs and see if she had some extra Season's Best's

Kathytnt said:
Honestly I haven't because I didn't get a package due to being inactive. I am getting with my director to get some catalogs and see if she had some extra Season's Best's

I am loving many of the new recipes, because you don't have to used processed foods, or canned biscuits or rolls to make them!:thumbup:

My favorite demo for the summer was the Incredible 30 Minute Roasted Chicken w/ Strawberry Spinach Salad. I did it as a way to show people that you could have a healthy, decent, great tasting meal on the table in the amount of time it would take you to order a pizza or go run through a take-out window!

The Steamed Wonton Purses are an amazing recipe for an appetizer, and healthy!

The Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad - again, can be very healthy. (I make it with turkey instead of ground beef)

The list goes on....

I've been very happy with the way PC has been giving healthier choices for recipes.

Kathytnt said:

Then call HO and ask them to clarify it for you.

Looks like I have to either resign or cancel my fundraiser. I am so disappointed but I don't want to let down my friends. My director suggested using some of the duplicate products be incentives for the fundraiser.

Kathytnt said:
Looks like I have to either resign or cancel my fundraiser. I am so disappointed but I don't want to let down my friends. My director suggested using some of the duplicate products be incentives for the fundraiser.

Linda called HO today and they verified that you have until the end of September to submit sales and not re-sign. Read your email again and then call HO if it's not clear to you. It's 6 months - April, May, June, July, August, September.

Kathytnt said:

Can you post the wording in the email please. I've heard of several people getting it and I'm curious as to what it said. The lady I talked to in Career Solutions today told me that they did not send an email yet about the 6-month inactivity, and she didn't know what email people were getting. thanks!

There is nothing in the e-mail except a little corner piece of artwork. The only text is in the subject line. In the subject line it said Submit $150 in Sales This Month to Stay Active With Your Business

I just went in to send a reply to them and now the verbage shows when I try to reply to the e-mail. Something is messed up in the system. I guess I could re-sign if I have to because this would probably be a big fundraiser or at lest decent and I need catalogs but then I have to go through the whole mess of the debit card and not sure what happens to all my records in my Pampered Partner etc.

Kathytnt said:
There is nothing in the e-mail except a little corner piece of artwork. The only text is in the subject line. In the subject line it said Submit $150 in Sales This Month to Stay Active With Your Business

I just went in to send a reply to them and now the verbage shows when I try to reply to the e-mail. Something is messed up in the system. I guess I could re-sign if I have to because this would probably be a big fundraiser or at lest decent and I need catalogs but then I have to go through the whole mess of the debit card and not sure what happens to all my records in my Pampered Partner etc.

At least if you DO have to re-sign, you can do it under the $65 mini-kit plan instead of the full $155! :) (at least through December you can)

esavvymom said:
At least if you DO have to re-sign, you can do it under the $65 mini-kit plan instead of the full $155! :) (at least through December you can)

I just sent her a note saying that...did you read my mind or something? ;)

janetupnorth said:
I just sent her a note saying that...did you read my mind or something? ;)

it's been known to happen!:cool:

esavvymom said:

and, you will be eligible to participate in the 90-day new consultant program for PC$

I know - It's just that it is a pain to go through for one fundraiser. It could be a really good fundraiser but you never know. I am starting a new business (not direct sales) in the next few weeks and having to purchase a new kit was not in my plans.

If you are doing it just for that one fundraiser, perhaps you should just be the HOST for a fundraiser through another consultant you know? A cluster-mate perhaps? You could get compensated by way of the Monthly Host Special for whatever month it is, and the organization still gets their fundraiser. just a thought...?

I am co-hosting a fundraiser next month - If I contact everyone to do a catalog show this month I am reducing the $$$ I can raise for the fundraiser next month. See my dilemna

I am facing a similar problem. I was active in June. Inactive in July (no sales). It looks like I may not have enough sales again for August (I was out of the country for a few weeks). If I do not submit $150 in sales by August 31st, I will lose my career sales.

However - there is another option. You can e-mail HO and ask for an extension by the 24th of the month. You are only offered this option once a year. For exact details, refer to the guidelines.

Andrea

Will I lose my consultant status if I become inactive?

If you become inactive as a Pampered Chef consultant, you will not immediately lose your status. However, if you remain inactive for 12 consecutive months, your consultant account will be closed and you will need to reapply to become a consultant again.

If you become inactive and submit $150 the month after you were inactive do you lose your sales status?

If you become inactive as a consultant and then submit $150 in sales the following month, you will not lose your sales status. However, you will need to maintain a minimum of $150 in sales each month to remain an active consultant.

I show inactive this month. Will I lose my 2% for sales more than $15K?

If you are inactive as a consultant for a month, you will not lose your 2% bonus for sales over $15,000. However, you will need to maintain active status in order to continue receiving this bonus.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cheffy
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
chefann
  • angelkatey
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
StamperedChef
  • elizabethfox