• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

In-Person Host Coaching: Get Expert Tips for Your Next Show!

In summary, Brenda K. recommends face to face host coaching when the host is a total stranger booked through PC. This is because it is less stressful and there are surprises. Brenda has done it both ways and both times it has been successful.
AJPratt
Silver Member
I'm sure there was a thread about this before, but I've ben looking and haven't found it. Who does in person host coaching? I made a deal with myself that I would do it for my next five shows. Any suggestions?

I am actually doing an in person host coaching tonight, but it will be one of my first. I have 2 co-workers who are doing shows, and I talk to them almost daily about their show. The lady I am host coaching tonight booked from one of my shows and I do not know her well.

Nancy: Let me know how it goes!

It went pretty well. I wanted to do this host coaching in person because the host does not pay attention to me on the phone. We met and I went over the packet with her and explained what we would need to do to have a successful show. I found the Pampered Pool documents here today, and I gave that to her. She seemed excited about that, since it might help increase her show sales. I think she is worried about attendance and how well her show will do.

Overall, though, I think it went well and it might help her have a great show. Her show is not until June 17, so I have to keep her focused.

I thought meeting them in person might be better because I send te packet and I'm pretty sure most of them don't even look through it. Because when I bring up something that was in the packet, they don't know what I'm talking about. And I usually have a tough time getting a hold of them. So, I'm hopinh that if I at least meet with them, there's a fighting chance that they'll pay attention and have a better show.

Face to Face Host CoachingI have been with Pampered Chef for a 1 year and a half. When I first started I always did face to face host coaching and then I got busy and started sending packets in the mail. However, my sales are way better if I do face to face coaching. Therefore, that is what I do now. I always do face to face coaching if I can. I just go over all the information in my packet to them and brainstorm with them different people to invite. Then I tell them to verbally call people and then send out invites as reminders. I then go over the free product value they can earn and ask them how much they want to get for free. Then we go over outside orders and inviting everyone.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND FACE TO FACE HOST COACHING FOR HIGHER SALES!

Brenda K.
Independent Future Director for PC

Thanks Brenda! I am copying your post and using it as a guideline!

I've just celebrated one year, and 33 shows. I've done it both ways. I like
face to face host coaching when I get a preview of their home and kitchen.
It is lots less stressful. I can visualize how I will set up, do the presentation,
and what I will need to bring.
There have been other shows that are almost "cold turkey". (The host was a total stranger booked through Curves.) We talked on the phone to plan the Show and do her coaching. When I arrived, during the prep-time, discovered that I knew her inlaws and had taken them to breakfast on one of their wedding anniversaries. I even had done a portrait of her father-in-law that I had sent to the family at the time of his death. What a small world. Her show was well attended, and was my first $1,000 show. A booking from
one of her co-workers who placed an outside order, was another face to face
get acquainted, in the lady's home. Round trip of 50 miles. She was so excited and so was I. Two days before the party, she cancelled it, without
checking with me - simply because only 3 friends were able to come. I told
her to call them back, that I would even do the show, just for her alone. I did
in fact, do the show just for her. We had a wonderful Saturday morning together. She had $300, in outside orders. She bought most of the stuff I demonstrated, and is a potential future hostess. So, you just never know.
I think that is what makes it so interesting for me. It is not routine, but
full of surprises. I just did my first repeat party for a hostess last night. She
had a party April 6th, and called me, wanting to have another on May 17th.
We had a great time - 3 guests the first time, 6 guests the second time. She
gets outside orders to make up for the small attendance. I enjoy her as a person, and her guests too. With time, she may even be a recruit. She is a
nurse, going to night school to get additional education, and is a single Mom.
She cannot fit one more thing into her schedule right now.
I would say that those Hostess that I have known from my acquaintances, and coached in person, did not cancel on me. Several I met
and booked from parties of those folks, however, did cancel on me. Perhaps it was because we did not have an established relationship or loyalty issue to
deal with. I don't know what prompts folks to cancel out without wanting to
reschedule, but after my first 15 shows it did begin to be a possibility, in probably 1 in 5 (that spanned the months of Oct. - Feb).

Face to face host coachingI think it's essential to do face to face host coaching.

First of all when you do this, the person is less likely to cancel. I don't always meet busy people at their homes to host coach, I have met people for breakfast, starbucks (I don't drink coffee but they did!), lunch, or even at the park. This way I can go over everything I have included in their packets. I can also give them ideas or suggestions to make their shows more successful.
When I meet with people face to face it helps me to really find out what their goals are for the show, what products they really want for FREE, etc...
On the phone (which I have done a few this way, because I had no choice), they feel like if they don't listen they can always read it on their own, which they never do. Also on the phone they don't really get as excited, and I don't really get their wish lists too many times. They just kind of give me a few items they want but in person it seems like flipping through the catalog and showing them the half price host combinations really gets them wanting more products. This makes their goals higher and a better show for me.
When I was forced to do phone host coaching I just pretty much read off the entire Show planning sheet. It explains everything so well. I made it a priority to talk about becoming a consultant, before I wouldn't want to mention it in fear that they would get upset or feel pressured.
Now I see it's not a big deal and maybe one day someone will take me up on the offer. :D
Debbie

Do any of you have a full time job, other than PC?

I realize that face to face coaching would work well, but I simply don't have the time for it. I do shows all over the place and to try to meet up with all those people would be impossible.

Anne--I bumped up the thread entitled "Partnering with your hostess". It is a discussion about in-person host coaching. For the most part shows coached in person do not cancel. If they need to change the date they will, but very seldom do they just not hold.

Good luck with this. It is definitely worthwhile!

ChefKearns: Thank you for that! What a great thread! I do work 9 to 5, so I will try to meet hosts half way. I would prefer to meet them at their homes, but we'll see. I think having a relationship before the show would be great.

What do you mean "bumped up the thread?" How do you start a thread?
What is a "THREAD"'? Is it a question that starts people replying? I've
been reading these messages, and sometimes replying, but still feel like a
novice when it comes to the lingo. Where do I go to read the "thread" you mentioned?

Grandmarita,
On this website there are different forums like quick tips, recipe tips, bookings, etc. This forum is host coaching. When you click on this forum it shows you all the threads. Yes, they are started by someone asking a question usually and then we all reply to them. You can start your own thread by qlicking on new thread at the top of this forum. The thread Chef Kearns bumped up is right above this thread. It is called partnering with your hostess and it mentions steve hillshire (is that his name, I may have spelled it wrong). I hope I haven't been more confusing. I'm not the brightest when it comes to computer stuff.

I have my first hoast coaching meeting tonight!

So, I had my first face to face host coaching meeting. I just went through the Show planner. I got to the section about the business and said, I'm covering it because its included in the planner and if you want more information I'd be happy to talk more about it. The host says,"Actually, I've been thinking about doing something like this". :eek: She asked many questions and took the information I gave her. I've been in constant contact with her so far, so I know I'll be talking to her in a day or two. The meeting was really out of my way, but I am so glad I went. When I showed her two of my commissio checks, her eyes bugged out, and then she saw the super starter bonuses!

Thank you to everyone for your great advice!

It helps because you are able to read their body language and adjust what you concentrate on.

Way to go Anne!! I hope she signs and is a good producer!! It is awesome when that happens.

Thanks for your help! I think this would be great for her! OK Lets face--who wouldn't PC be good for?!

What is host coaching?

Host coaching is the process of working with a party host to help them plan and prepare for their Pampered Chef show. This includes providing tips and guidance to ensure a successful and enjoyable event.

Why is host coaching important?

Host coaching is important because it helps the host feel confident and prepared to host a successful show. It also increases the likelihood of guests attending and making purchases, which benefits both the host and the consultant.

What are some host coaching tips?

Some host coaching tips include setting a date and time for the show, encouraging the host to invite guests and follow up with them, providing information about the products and specials, and offering support and guidance throughout the planning process.

How can I effectively communicate with my host?

To effectively communicate with your host, it is important to establish clear and open lines of communication from the beginning. This can include setting expectations and providing multiple ways for the host to contact you, such as through email, text, or phone calls.

What should I do if my host needs to reschedule or cancel their show?

If your host needs to reschedule or cancel their show, it is important to be understanding and flexible. Offer to help them find a new date that works for both of you or suggest alternative options, such as a catalog or virtual party. Remember to always prioritize the host's needs and make sure they feel supported and valued.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchef.angel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monicag
  • caraighan
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
caraighan
  • kdangel518