• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the Best Potato Recipe for a Last-Minute Dinner Request?

In summary, people are suggesting different recipes, but the main idea is to have something that can be prepared easily and that will be able to feed a large number of people.
kcjodih
Gold Member
Does anyone have a tried and true, favorite potato recipe? I have NO idea what I'm looking for but the MIL from h#&& just called and left a message at 10 o'clock at night that my hubby can bring the potatoes for dinner on Sunday...two hours away. BIL birthday, too far for me to be interested in driving for a 3 hour visit so thank goodness I'm working but what the heck? She knows I'm working the day before until 7, and the day of from 9am so why not request something easy of her son who's bringing the two kids with him like wine or salad?

So...besides plain old mashed or scalloped, I'm at a loss. I don't even know what else is being served, brought. Please help!

I have a cheesy potatoes that you use hash-browns?!?!? He could prepare them at home and then just reheat...it's done in a13 x 9.

You could do twice baked potatoes and reheat there.

Interested in any and all that anyone would like to share. I believe there will be 14 people in total so I need something that makes alot or I can double easily. Thanks everyone!

There is a recipe that some people from church always do for pot luck's.... Maybe Cornflake potatoes.... super yummy and always great even after sitting through service. Google it.

Parmesan Cottage-Baked Potatoes
3 T butter
3 Medium Potatoes (about 1 pound) thinly sliced
1/8 tsp garlic powder (we use fresh)
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into thin rings.
1/4 cup parmesan cheeseArrange potato slices and onion rings in a thin layer in greased 15x10x1 inch baking pan. Melt butter and drizzle over potatoes. Combine garlic, pepper and parmesan cheese; sprinkle over potatoes. Bake in 450 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until browned, carefully turning once. I've made these in a smaller pan and layered them. Normally I don't turn them either. But they are good and different.

This:

Cheesy Potatoes

2 lbs frozen hash browns
½ cup red onion, finely chopped
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
4 Tbsp butter, melted
8 oz Sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1 pint sour cream

Combine all ingredients except butter, and spread into the baker.
Drizzle melted butter over top. Microwave on HIGH for 30 minutes.

I omit the butter, and add a little velveeta, and also I use mild and sharp cheddar cheeses. Also, I microwave for about 12 minutes, stir, and go another 10 or so, stir and then go from there. The longest it's ever taken was about 23 minutes!

Heavenly Potatoes (these are delicious and super easy make the day before)

prepare instant potatoes according to package directions enough for 6 -8 servings
Add
4 oz cream cheese
4 oz sour cream
1 small carton green or french onion chip dip

Mix into warm potatoes.
bake in greased casserole dish (or silicone pan) until golden brown
you can sprinkle the top with paprika or add shredded cheddar cheese before serving

And don't forget good old potato salad. Since the potatoes were dictated, I'd be tempted to have him just bring a bag of potatoes and let her do them, since she knows you can't come. LOL.

I'm with Gail.. I'm guessing there's a Grocery store that has a good potato salad near by :)

I agree with Potato salad or even better is sending the bag of potatoes and letting her make them! :)I should also add that my MIL does this stuff to me all the time! At Thanksgiving she told me to make 3 pumpkin pies and other family members to make pumpkin deserts. Funny thing was there was 3 of us that brought some sort of pumpkin desert, only 10 people there to eat, and only 3 of us who liked pumpkin. It was so frustrating!

heather223 said:
I agree with Potato salad or even better is sending the bag of potatoes and letting her make them! :)

I should also add that my MIL does this stuff to me all the time! At Thanksgiving she told me to make 3 pumpkin pies and other family members to make pumpkin deserts. Funny thing was there was 3 of us that brought some sort of pumpkin desert, only 10 people there to eat, and only 3 of us who liked pumpkin. It was so frustrating!

Paula Dean has an awesome Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake recipe. It has become one of our family traditions.....

What are some easy potato recipes?

Some easy potato recipes include roasted potatoes, mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, and potato salad.

Can I find healthy potato recipes?

Yes, there are many healthy potato recipes available. Some ideas include sweet potato fries, baked sweet potatoes, and roasted potatoes with herbs and spices instead of butter or oil.

Do you have any vegetarian potato recipes?

Yes, there are plenty of vegetarian potato recipes. Some options include potato and vegetable stir-fry, loaded baked potatoes with vegetarian toppings, and potato and bean burritos.

What are some unique potato recipes?

Some unique potato recipes include loaded potato skins with different toppings, potato and egg breakfast casserole, and potato and cheese pierogies.

Can I make potato recipes in the microwave?

Yes, there are many potato recipes that can be made in the microwave. Some ideas include mashed potatoes, potato chips, and baked potato soup.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
nldavis321
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • esavvymom