• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Thank You for Prayers: How a Quilted Art Piece Honors My Late Friend's Memory

In summary, the conversation discusses how Beth and a group of friends helped a mutual friend with art, and how recently Jackie has been asking for their help. Several years ago Beth and Jackie helped a mutual friend with stamps, and now Jackie is asking for their help again with prints. They delivered the prints and notes to friends and family, and also created note cards with the prints. The cards will be sold and the proceeds will be donated to a ministry that Beth was involved in serving orphans in Romania.
raebates
Staff member
I wanted to thank once more the people who kept my friend and me in prayer as she was nearing the end of her battle with ovarian cancer. Let me share what I've recently been a part of.Several years ago Beth and I were part of a small group helping a mutual friend, Jackie, set up an art show. Jackie is an amazing artist. She was working on an art series entitled Bread of Life. Each piece had bread of some kind and at least one butterfly. As we were having our first real organizational meeting, Jackie started talking about the pieces she was working on. She told us that she knew one of the pieces had stamping on it. She didn't know why. She didn't know anything about stamping and wasn't sure she could find stamps for a slice of bread and the butterfly she was picturing.Beth, who was very into crafts of all kinds, said, "You can have custom stamps made."Beth not only helped to have the stamps made; she helped Jackie pick out ink colors and even did the stamping herself. She was so nervous about possibly messing up Jackie's work. Jackie insisted that Beth sign the piece, since it was as much hers as Jackie's. It took a lot of coaxing, but she finally did it.The piece is about 18 x 24 and looks like a quilt. Each square of the quilt has a slice of bread with a butterfly in the center. There are seven rows of 10 (a total of 70), with 7 of the butterflies over-lined with blue. We noticed that the butterflies are almost exactly the same color pink used by The American Cancer Society. The piece is entitled Forgiven. The narrative that accompanies the picture references the Scriptures when a man asked how many times he should forgive--as many as 7 times? Jesus tells him 70 times 7.That was 7 or 8 years ago. Two weeks ago Jackie called me and asked for my help. She wanted to have prints made of the piece to give to Beth's family and closest friends, including me. We delivered them today along with notes about the origin of the picture. Jackie invited me to join her for the deliveries, which was a tremendous blessing.Jackie also ran an idea past Beth's family. The family approved. We will be having blank note cards made with the print on the front and the narrative on the back. They will be packaged and sold, with the proceeds donated in her memory to the ministry Beth went through to serve orphans in Romania. For however long we offer the cards for sale, the proceeds will be given in Beth's memory.My heart is filled to overflowing.

Last edited:
What a beautiful way to keep your Buddy's memory alive! She would be so happy that these things she made in love have become blessings to others!

Consider this an order for cards.

Let me know when they are available too.

What an incredible tribute to Beth.

This is another order for cards.

And yet another order!

I'd like some too please!

And stilll the orders continue....

Please add me to your list as well!

I would love to have some of the cards as well. What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful life.

I'll take some too!

That is so sweet.
I will consider ordering the cards as well

Make sure you let us ALL know when the cards are available for ordering. Sounds like a nice idea for a Mother's Day gift, so I could order at least two packs. :) I'm trying to start giving gifts for things like Mother's Day that have more meaning to them, instead of just the standard, "Saw this in a store and figured you needed another dust-collector" type of thing.

Wow, I really wasn't trolling for sales. I was simply excited about doing something to honor a friend's memory. I will let you know when we have them ready, though.

raebates said:
Wow, I really wasn't trolling for sales. I was simply excited about doing something to honor a friend's memory. I will let you know when we have them ready, though.

We know you weren't, Rae! It's just a beautiful story about an amazing lady - and we want to honor her memory along with you. (And support a great cause while we do.)

Thanks, Becky. I was just a little overwhelmed by the response.

How incredible wonderful - in so many ways. She would be truly blessed by this and I'm sure that you will continue to feel blessings as well.
I'd like an order of those cards when they are ready.

What a wonderful way to remember someone who seems like she really knew what life was all about.

Let us know when the cards are ready!

What a blessing...add me to that "pre-order" list.

What a touching story, consider this another order.

Touched to tears. I am so glad you shared.List. Add. Me. Thanks! HUGS!

What a beautiful story - count me in as a pre-order too!

You should share this story w/Guideposts!

Me, too, please.

It will be a couple of weeks before we have them available. I'll PM everyone who's asked when they're ready.

So, I was going through a mountain of old paperwork, sorting things out. I came across the survey my buddy filled out at the last PC show she attended. I'm sitting here laughing and crying at the same time. Here are her answers:Best time to reach you? Any time you callWould you like to be informed aobut specials through my newsletter? Absolutely! Especially on Single MenDid you enjoy today's show? Well--I'm not surePlease give me any suggestion you might have: You should never wear those shoes again!!! [The word "those" is underlined 4 times. She hated my cool black and white sneakers that got me compliments wherever I went.]I miss her so much. Thanks for letting me vent a little.

That would make me laugh and cry and miss my buddy to Rae! Thanks for sharing her wit and humor with us.

I can imagine you are laughing and crying....I'm smiling through my tears reading it.

(((Hugs)))

Thanks, guys. I can go days being just fine, then I suddenly miss her so much it physically hurts.

raebates said:
Thanks, guys. I can go days being just fine, then I suddenly miss her so much it physically hurts.

I know that feeling.

I understand, Rae. I'm glad you had such a grand friend, and I'm so sorry for your loss. I know she left a gaping hole in your life. Thanks for sharing her with us.

Rae,

I'm sorry for your loss, and thank you for sharing such a lovely story. The print is more meaningful because of it. GOD is amazing, and when humanity shines....amazing....beautiful and humbling.

I agree that you should submit the story to guideposts, and I love that you are honoring her and sharing the beauty of such a work of love.

Any chance you would consider a print that can be framed and mounted? I'd love a couple of those please....if not, I'll order the cards.

Thanks!

As a cancer survivor and friend to MANY missionaries, a couple in Romania even, I would be honored to have some of those cards. Please post when they are ready.

Nancy, you may want to contact Rae directly. I ordered and received the cards a few weeks ago so they ARE already available for purchase. They are beautiful!

Rae, thanks for sharing that wonderful story with us. I'm sure Beth was smiling as you went down memory lane. Hugs!

Thanks so much. And, Jodi, thank you for the kind words. Yes, the cards are available. Just contact me with your email and mailing address. I'll send you a PayPal invoice. The cards are $10 per pack, plus $2 shipping. Of that, $5 goes to Heart2Heart Ministries in Beth's memory.

Rae, I have followed this thread and prayed for both you and Beth along the way. My tears flowed a number of times reading your prayer and updates. IMHO when you found that survey card that was Beth just letting you know she was there for you. When my DH grandfather passed away a few yrs. ago, my DS and DD actually asked how they would remember him. I explained to them that whenever they came across a brand new $ bill that he was watching/with them (he used to always give them $s)...to this day they say "that's Poppy watching us" when they find one. I would so much like to purchase those cards and will PM you my email address. Have a great day...you deserve it!!:blushing:

1. What inspired the creation of the quilted art piece "Forgiven"?

The art piece was inspired by a small group helping a friend with ovarian cancer set up an art show. The artist, Jackie, wanted to incorporate bread and butterfly imagery into her series titled "Bread of Life." A member of the group, Beth, suggested using custom stamps for the design and even helped with the stamping process.

2. How many squares and butterflies are featured in the quilted art piece?

The piece is about 18 x 24 inches and features 70 squares, with a butterfly in the center of each. There are also seven rows of 10 squares, with seven of the butterflies over-lined with blue. The color of the butterflies is similar to the pink used by The American Cancer Society.

3. What is the significance of the title "Forgiven"?

The title is a reference to the Bible verse in which Jesus tells a man to forgive not just seven times, but seventy times seven. It serves as a reminder of the power of forgiveness and the importance of extending it to others.

4. How is the quilted art piece being used to honor the memory of Beth?

Prints of the piece are being given to Beth's family and closest friends, and blank note cards with the design will be sold to raise funds for a ministry in Romania that Beth was passionate about. The proceeds will be donated in her memory.

5. What was the author's experience in delivering the prints and note cards?

The author was invited to join the artist, Jackie, in delivering the prints and note cards to Beth's loved ones. It was a blessing for the author to be a part of honoring Beth's memory and supporting the ministry she cared deeply about.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lisa/ChefBear
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
Replies
Views
Ann F
  • colegrovet
  • General Chat
Replies