• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

inCompetition With Southern Living

In summary, the Hostess Rewards Program at Southern Living is easy to participate in and you can earn free products as a Hostess. You can also earn an extra half-price item for each person who books and holds a Party of her own. Plus, when your guests schedule a Party from your Party, you both win!
heat123
Silver Member
I'm doing a joint vendor event with Southern Living as one of the 4 vendors. I looked at their website and found their host rewards! They don't compare with ours! Check it out!:) Just thought I'd share!

As a Hostess, you can qualify for special Hostess rewards and incentives. Take a look at the chart below to see how easy it is for you to earn free products!

Plus, when your guests schedule a Party from your Party, you both win! You receive an EXTRA half-priced item* for each person who books and holds a Party of her own, and your friends who book Parties receive a $15.00 Booking Coupon* to be used at their own Parties!

HOSTESS REWARDS PROGRAM

Your Total
Party Sales* 50%-OFF
items you earn FREE
Products!** Shipping &
Handling
$125-$249.99 1 item --- regular
charges apply
$250-$399.99 1 item 10% = $25-$40 FREE!
$400-$999.99 2 items 15% = $60-$150 FREE!
$1,000+ 3 items 20% = $200+ FREE!

*Excludes tax and shipping and handling. **Percent of Party sales = dollar amount Hostess earns toward free products. Guest retail sales must total at least $125.00 to qualify for promotional programs. Hostess Dollars may not be applied to 50%-off items.

Host specials start at $250 to qualify to recieve select products for 60% off I think.

I dont' know about their entire product line but My host (my mother) asked the SL rep not to bring ANY Kitchen products to display as it would be in direct competition to me!;) Hopefully I do better in sales than her! And mom will get better rewards at the same time!:p

Yes I just had a southern Living show in Jan. Double points got me $40 in free product. 3 people came about 6 ordered. (Alot of people complained about the prices)
Then had a PC show/open house and got $140 in free product. Alot more people came too,and ordered.

I am not impressed at all with SL. I went to a party last month and ordered something. Spent $40 on it and I swear could have gotten the same thing at Pier 1 or Tj max for alot less. You just don't get your moneys worth and the host has to sell so much to get anything free. But, people are crazy about it for some reason. Same thing happens here with Princess House. People love that stuff around here and I would even host a party because I don't want their stuff free! I just think we are super spoiled with great products, commission and host benefits with PC.

Arrrgh... I just lost a recruit to Southern Living!And I'm mad as hell because I know she won't have the success she would have with us. But while I was talking to her about PC she attended a friends cooking done by another consultant and they turned her off. A double whammy!

luvs2sellit said:
I am not impressed at all with SL. I went to a party last month and ordered something. Spent $40 on it and I swear could have gotten the same thing at Pier 1 or Tj max for alot less. You just don't get your moneys worth and the host has to sell so much to get anything free. But, people are crazy about it for some reason. Same thing happens here with Princess House. People love that stuff around here and I would even host a party because I don't want their stuff free! I just think we are super spoiled with great products, commission and host benefits with PC.
I have just a few items from them. Some people would say the same thing about PC with being able to get similar items for cheaper at other places, BUT I would strongly argue that our stuff is more durable and stands the test of time. Now, when something just sits on a table or hangs on a wall or adds some decorative touch to your house, you probably can't justify that the cost is because theirs is more durable than Pier 1 or TJ Maxx! THat's where I think we can "win" our arguement as to why some things are more expensive than the cheapy versions found in the stores. I would love to hear a SL consultant's take on why their stuff is more expensive than in the stores...... It's always interesting to have comparisons....thanks for sharing Heather!:)

Princess House.... Oh Gawd. Something else you can get at TJ Maxx or Marshalls. The sttuff is pretty, but EXPENSIVE. I can't justify that kind of cost for something to just sit on a table. PC products benefit the WHOLE family and can and should be used everyday. I went to a Princess House show. It was supposed to start at 7pm. I got there about 6:50. People were standing around talking and eating. I was waiting for the show to start. At 10PM:eek: I finally excused myself to leave because I had to be up early the next day. I gave the host my order and some cash. There was no show. I know the consultant had a "demo" but why she didn't try to reel it in is beyond me. So whenever I feel rude about interrupting people talking to start my show, I think of that moment.

I don't think we need to worry about Southern Living at Home or the new Taste of Home Entertaining. In the short run we may lose a few bookings or recruits to them but in the long run we will be there and they will fade away.

People are always intrigued by the new but they stand by the proven. SLAH is already seeing a decrease (at least according to people in my area) and TOHE is a direct competetor with SLAH. They both have a large variety of products and their warranty and host programs don't compare to PC.

I had a SLAH show and when I closed the consultant said that the item I HAD the show for was back ordered and I had to choose something else - I was not at all happy! :mad: I chose some pottery instead and they are still in the cupboard waiting for me to SOAK them before use (what's that about!:eek: ).

I wish anyone who chooses one of the other companies the best in their decision. That's the best part! We all get to choose what we like best. Be happy for them too.

BUT, hands down, we are with the best company for the customer, host and consultant. ;)

tax on FREE?I hosted a SLAH catalog show in January. The consultant works at my bank and she had agreed to do a show for me in March. (Which was a really good show!) Since it was double points I couldnt turn it down. I earned about $150 in free stuff and had purchased the host special as well. Well, she called me after I wrote her the check for the special and thought my show was closed and said that I had to pay tax on my FREE items and she needed blah blah money to cover it. I could not believe that!
PC really does have the best "benefit's package" for hosts!

On a seperate note, I have a friend who just hosted a Silpada jewelry show. (very expensive sterling silver jewelry) The consultant who did the show recently had a party for me and has been wanting me to do one for her. Well, I could not attend my friends show due to having a show of my own on the same day. Well, the Silpada consultant calls me a couple days later and says "I cant believe that you did not RSVP to Heather, she was really counting on you to be there" (well, I did RSVP; I left a message on her machine) and then..."Well, Heather didn't meet her goal for her show so she really needs you place an order" I could not believe the nerve of this lady. I called my friend and found out that I was not the only person that she had called and tried to "guilt" into a purchase. And my friend had never had a "goal" for this show, the consultant did...and it was month end. I placed an order, but only to help my friend out...but I WILL NOT be hosting a show for this lady. I dont want my friends to get the same treatment.

I know this was an isolated case, but it makes me conscious of how I deal with my own hosts and their guests.

That is horrible! I would never do that! Definitely makes you think twice about how you treat your hosts and their guests and would want to be treated!

I'm going to a Signature Homestyles party April 25. www.thehomemakersideaco.com
I don't have a clue as to what all they sell, but I think it's along the lines of SLAH. Has anyone been to one of these shows?
Kristy

Never heard of them before now but, I just looked at the site and I am in love with those frames and wrought iron stuff.

BUT!!!!!! I didnt see ANY prices:rolleyes:

Well, you will have to let us know the prices when you go and check it out! I bet that to get those frames it will cost you an arm, leg and maybe a hand too!!! Those companies seem sooooo expensive.

I will let you all know! I will bring home a catalog and put the host's benefits on here.
Kristy

AJPratt said:
And I'm mad as hell because I know she won't have the success she would have with us. But while I was talking to her about PC she attended a friends cooking done by another consultant and they turned her off. A double whammy!

The other day I heard Karin Logston (from HO) talk about losing someone to another company. She wished them the best of luck...called them about 6 months later and asked how they liked working for their company. The consultant was not happy....Karin said, "That's too bad. I LOVE my company." and the person signed with Karin!

Goes to show it's best to not burn bridges when a potential consultant (or host) disappoints us. Times and circumstances change...stay in touch and see what happens!

What is inCompetition With Southern Living?

InCompetition With Southern Living is a program offered by Pampered Chef that allows customers to earn free products by hosting a Pampered Chef party and competing against other hosts in their region.

How does inCompetition With Southern Living work?

When you host a Pampered Chef party, you will be automatically enrolled in inCompetition With Southern Living. The total sales from your party will be compared to the sales of other hosts in your region. If your sales are the highest, you will earn free products based on a predetermined schedule.

What are the benefits of participating in inCompetition With Southern Living?

Not only can you earn free products, but you can also have a fun and friendly competition with other hosts in your region. It's a great way to get your friends and family together for a fun and interactive cooking experience while also earning rewards.

Do I have to do anything special to participate in inCompetition With Southern Living?

No, all Pampered Chef party hosts are automatically enrolled in the program. Simply host a party and your sales will be automatically tracked for the competition.

Is there a limit to how many times I can participate in inCompetition With Southern Living?

No, there is no limit. You can participate in the program every time you host a Pampered Chef party and have the opportunity to earn free products each time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kristianne
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Shelbi
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
kpiemonte
  • melissaboyd