• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director in aFunk...just Need to Whine a Little

In summary, Becky's health issues have taken a toll on her business. She is seeking advice from her friends on how to improve her situation.
Nanisu
Gold Member
I have been going through some nasty health issues (I was on prednisone for 5 years and now being weaned off--nasty side effects), with pretty much constant pain in muscles and joints, and extreme fatigue for 1 1/2 months

My july sucked--$2300, which is ridiculous for me

August has only 4 shows + my mega show at home

Team is....well, just like Linda said, "call me the _____ back", they aren't.

Need a boost of chefsuccess love today.:(

((HUGS))

It will get better! Sorry to hear about your health issues. That must make it even worse when you don't feel well.:(:(

There's nowhere to go but up!!!! Feel better - maybe get on the phone and do some customer care calls. It's always a mood lifter when people are glad to hear from you when you check in. I'm not good about ccc's and I always kick myself when I start making a few and people are so appreciative when I call to check in on them and their products or offer to email them a recipe. Then I feel on cloud nine! And I wonder why I don't remember this so I do them more often. :)

And give yourself permission to whine a little. It helps!!

Yeah, customer care calls! I love em! thanks, Becky!

{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}} I hope you feel better soon. I know how hard it is and how it can affect your business but that's the beauty of PC. We can deal with what we have to with no worries of losing our job and when we feel better we can get right back on that horse!

Sending big (((hugs)))! My friend was taking a medication and was one of the rare people who got a Vitamin D deficiency as a result of the medication. His complaints were very similar to yours! His joints were so sore it hurt to move or walk and he was constantly exhausted with no energy. They tested his D levels and saw that he was SUPER low. They gave him some mega doses and got him back to feeling like himself again. Have they tested your levels to see if you are low on a vitamin that might help make you feel more like yourself?

Sending you love and hugs too. We all need a chance to vent and share when times are tough, and add the medical issues...you totally deserve to do so! Praying for you! It would be so nice if our team remembered we are people and that they themselves hate it when they don't get calls returned.

Have they tested your levels to see if you are low on a vitamin that might help make you feel more like yourself?

Actually my vitamin d levels were a little low but I should take it anyway--I get plenty of sun (California girl), but it wouldn't hurt. I don't think it would help that much but it would help my bones and heart anyway.

Hugs Nancy!
It sucks when you don't feel good. Hope you feel better soon.

My Dr. put me on an 8 week high-dose boost of Vitamin D earlier this year & wanted to re-test at the end of the 8 weeks, but the earthquake & Fukushima happened, then the evac, so I never had the follow up done. It definitely made a difference in my energy level AFTER it started to kick in. I had actually forgotten about it until this post. Guess I should get some regular over the counter supplements, because I'm back in the same mode where I'd rather stay in the house where the temp is nice than to fight the weather to take the kids out. In Feb it was snow, now it's 106-113 temps here in TX! Yick!!!

I realize the side effects might be causing most or all of you issues, but you might consider having your iron levels checked too. You just might find a good energy boost in something as small as some supplements every day. ;)

I would be very careful about loading up on Vitamin D. There was a big article in our paper today about how too much Vitamin D can actually rob your of Calcium, can harm your kidneys and do more damage than good. Just be careful.

Wendy is correct. DO NOT OVERLOAD on the Vitamin D! When I had my heart situation in April, I tested for trace amounts of Vitamin D in my system. I thought I could bump up by taking a supplement but I actually needed a prescription 50K unit pill. If I had taken only 2000 units OTC (1000 is all that is recommended) they said it could be toxic to my system.It's not worth self-diagnosing. Go to the doctor and find out what you should be taking.

Thanks girls! I did a lot of vitamin research when I was trying to get pregnant and definitely understand the risks associated with taking too much of any of them. If I go the self medicated route, I'll definitely do my research to see what the recommended daily dose is & then compare to see if it's more than what's in the 2 Flinstone Vitamins that I take each day (what my OB had me taking in lieu of prenatal vitamins & I still take them).At some point in the very near future I'm going to need to get off the military's overseas insurance plan & onto one of the two stateside plans, then do some followup on this crazy ovarian cyst that I've had for months. When I finally get in for a checkup, I'll definitely ask them to check my levels. ;)

1. What is "in aFunk...just Need to Whine a Little"?

"in aFunk...just Need to Whine a Little" is a personal blog where the author shares their thoughts, feelings, and experiences in a humorous and relatable way.

2. Who writes "in aFunk...just Need to Whine a Little"?

The blog is written by a single author who goes by the name "Whiny McWhinerson". The author prefers to remain anonymous, but shares their unique perspective on life through their writing.

3. What topics does "in aFunk...just Need to Whine a Little" cover?

The blog covers a variety of topics, including daily struggles, relationships, pop culture, and self-reflection. The author's main goal is to provide relatable content that will make readers laugh and feel less alone in their own struggles.

4. Are there any recurring themes in "in aFunk...just Need to Whine a Little"?

Yes, some recurring themes in the blog include self-deprecating humor, sarcasm, and a touch of cynicism. The author also often shares their thoughts on finding happiness and purpose in life.

5. Can readers interact with the author on "in aFunk...just Need to Whine a Little"?

Yes, readers can leave comments on each blog post and engage with the author. The author also has a contact page where readers can send private messages or suggestions for future blog topics.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• baychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
Back