1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Theme Show Impromptu Mexican show--ideas?

1. AmyDare

AmyDare Member

I have a party this Friday, and the host is planning making carnitas and salsa, kind of separate from the party, kind of not--she wants to use the salad choppers.
    I'm trying to figure out how to work a demo in. I'm thinking of doing the microwave mexican chocolate cake--having the cake bake before people arrive and just finishing it while they're there.
    I was trying to think of something to complement the carnitas. The Mexican Chicken Lasagne might be too much. I'm thinking the Crispy Taco bites, because they sound so simple.
    ??
    Too much??
    AmyD

Sep 28, 2009
  2. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

15 minute chicken fajitas and pico de gallo....very easy and adds to the buffet

3. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I agree. Silly minimum amounts!

Sep 28, 2009
  4. Maragib

Maragib Member

Avacado Salsa Cups from FW 2007 seasons best - they are good, love the mini muffin and tart shaper.

Sep 28, 2009
  5. JennLizFran

JennLizFran Member Gold Member

Someone posted on here around the beg. of July about Chicken Empanada cups...I used her basic recipe and made a few minor changes...delicious! And showed several products! I'd be happy to post my version of the "recipe" (but I don't have exact measurements!)

Sep 28, 2009
  6. AmyDare

AmyDare Member

Please do post your version...I found the original recipe, but would love to hear your modifications
    Amy

Sep 28, 2009
  7. JennLizFran

JennLizFran Member Gold Member

It was pretty much the same, except I left out the jalapeno, and added chopped onion (shows the food chopper) and used the southwest seasoning and chipolte rub instead of cumin (tried this the second time around). Delicious. And obviously you can show the DCB to cook the chicken breasts. The salad choppers to shred it. The mini muffin pan and tart shaper. The mandoline or microplane grater for the cheese. A batter bowl and the mix n scrape! Great recipe! I'm so glad ??? (can't remember the name) posted it! Thanks a bunch!

Sep 28, 2009
  8. outwhit420

outwhit420 Novice Member

The Mexican Chicken Lasagna is VERY easy to make at a show. I've done it quite a few times!

I also like the Jerk Chicken Nachos!

Oct 14, 2009
  9. dannyzmom

dannyzmom Legend Member Gold Member

Chicken Enchilada Ring?

Oct 14, 2009
  10. jnsr96

jnsr96 Member

I love the chicken enchilada ring as well as the touchdown taco dip... both a big hit!

Oct 14, 2009
Have something to add?