• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Import E-Mail Addresses from Any Provider to my Website Assistant?

In summary, I am not happy with the new website assistant. I can only import my e-mail from Outlook, which is not what I was told. I also don't like Microsoft products in general.
soonerchef
Okay, very happy that we can import e-mail addresses to our personal website assistant but, the e-mail stated that we can import from any e-mail provider and in all actuality we can only import from Outlook. I e-mailed Tech Support about it and sent them their e-mail and this is what I got...

'Dear Andrea,
Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. At this time, contact information can only be transferred to Customer Connection from Microsoft Outlook. Support for other email providers may be added in the future."

I'm not one to complain all that much;) but, come on...a lot of us seem to have msn, yahoo or hotmail accounts. Anyway, just wanted to vent a little...

Or even to and from PP would be nice!

PP meet website
cmdtrgd said:
Or even to and from PP would be nice!

That's what I think. I just got my website a few weeks ago and that was one of the first things I thought. How come PP and the web don't "talk" to each other, so we don't have contacts sitting in 2 places. Now I get confused as to which database I entered my contact info and show. But, then again, confusing me is not that difficult...:)

Nancy,You're not the only one! I really hate to have to "move" an order from the website to PP by hand, too!

soonerchef said:
Okay, very happy that we can import e-mail addresses to our personal website assistant but, the e-mail stated that we can import from any e-mail provider and in all actuality we can only import from Outlook. I e-mailed Tech Support about it and sent them their e-mail and this is what I got...

'Dear Andrea,
Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. At this time, contact information can only be transferred to Customer Connection from Microsoft Outlook. Support for other email providers may be added in the future."

I'm not one to complain all that much;) but, come on...a lot of us seem to have msn, yahoo or hotmail accounts. Anyway, just wanted to vent a little...

I got an e-mail from HO yesterday that said we could import from other e-mail providers. Why are they backing out of that?

GRR

I imported from Outlook and it's a jumbled mess anyway, so you're not missing much.

OMG, I swear that the website team must put out stuff before they have even completed an alpha test!

soonerchef said:
OMG, I swear that the website team must put out stuff before they have even completed an alpha test!
I hate Outlook. In fact, I hate Microsoft in general. If any other software publisher out there put out the unstable crap they do, the publisher would go broke - and many have. But when you're the 500 pound gorilla that owns the market, you can get away with selling lousy software. (It worked for GM for a whole lotta years in the car business.)

I hate Explorer, too, and the only reason I keep it around is because it's the only browser TPC supports. Mozilla and Opera are so far superior to Explorer, but the tech weenies at TPC just pretend there's nothing else out there. (Which surprises me, because usually tech weenies embrace things like Mozilla and eschew the mainstream.)

Truth be told - I'd rather scrap all my Windows crap and go back to using Unix, or at least using my Mac for everything. But, of course, TPC doesn't support Mac, so I still use it for important things and revert to Windows when I'm dealing with the parochial.

KG, I agree with you 100%!! I am a Mac lover too, that's what I learned on...not a PC. And, aren't the new Mac commercials the best? The ones with the two guys "Mac" and "PC", makes me laugh every time!

soonerchef said:
KG, I agree with you 100%!! I am a Mac lover too, that's what I learned on...not a PC. And, aren't the new Mac commercials the best? The ones with the two guys "Mac" and "PC", makes me laugh every time!
It's because they're so TRUE! The PC talking along and all of a sudden, he just fre... ... ...ezes up and says, "Oh, I don't know what THAT was!" because that happens to me three or four times a day. Or when he just falls over and has to restart - also happens to me several times a day.

I love the latest one, too, where they're holding hands as a network and the Mac starts speaking Japanese to the digital camera and the PC is clueless! THAT'S JUST HOW IT IS!!!!!

I buy something for the Mac, it pops up a window and says, "Oh, I see you have a new Veeblefetzer Digital Encheferator, wait while I install the drivers" and POOF! It's installed. If I install something in my windows machine, it will take 6 hours of screwing around, downloading the latest drivers, rebooting numerous times and even after six hours, it might not work right.

Oh, yeah, I just lerve Microfots.

soonerchef: you will always get better support from the phone. The 2nd shift seems to be a lot better than the day shift. There are a lot of gotchas on the technical background of importing those address. HTML e-mail providers like Yahoo, Hotmail, and Gmail(google) offer to export to *.csv(Window Comma Seperated Values) which is basically the same thing that you are importing into your Personal Website(PWS). The problem with these other providers is that they offer extra fields that the PWS does not like. Simple solution even if you even if you don't like outlook is to import these all into outlook and then export from there to the PWS and only map the fields in the tutrial/directions. With that you should have a good success rate.

cmdtrgd: You can export your contacts from PP to Outlook. Once you get them into outlook follow the directions/tutrial to map the correct fields to export.

The_Kitchen_Guy: I understand your frustrations with M$(Microsoft). Letting you know most errors in PP and PWS are caused by their horrible programming! The website is written for IE(Internet Explorer) and so is 80% of the web. For best compatabilty IE should be used. But don't let that get you down you can still use your firefox. Here is a link for an extension that intergrates IE into your firefox. https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1419/ You will need to make a rule for the extension to always use the IE extension on the pampered chef website. If you need help with this start another thread. I will gladly help. Plus it clears the cookies of the login also...which is a good thing! Just remember that IE is directly intergrated into Windows. IE cannot connect to the web PamperedParnter cannot send.

Mac Users: If any of you are using the new laptop with the Core Duos you can now dual boot XP. Saving you from purchasing a new PC. This can be kind of technical and if you have a gooroo Mac friend they may be able to help you. Also will save you from $200 crap Virtual PC M$ sells.

I have been trying to export my contacts from PP to outlook with no luck. Can anyone tell me how?

OK, here we go....

First, go into PP and click on Utilities on the top bar.

Next, click on Export E-mail Addresess. The Defaults are selected ("Yes" and "Export to Outlook Express")

Click "OK".

The next box that comes up will save it somewhere for you. Keep the File Name, but change the "Save In" on the top to the Desktop (easier to find in a minute -you'll see).

Click Save.

Now open Outlook, click File and Import.

Select "Other Address Book".

Select "Text File (Comma Seperated Values)"

Click "Import" (this should have just turned dark)

Click "Browse" in the next screen

Click the "Desktop" Icon or use the Dropdown Menu to find it

Click on the "Outlook, Outlook Express" with the "X" Icon next to it (this is your Address Book)

Click "Open"

Click "Next"

Click "Finish"

That's it! Wow, I need a break....:)

Oh, Yes, I have a Degree in Computer Technology and one in Respiratory Therapy and I LOVE this Business!!

um,, ok, I'm having a little trouble breathing.........:D :eek: :D

I will have to come back and try this after I've had my quota of coffee. Thanks for posting the how-to. :eek:

Thank you so much!!:D :D :D :D :D :D

If any of you need a more indepth of a how to with screen shots just ask... I prob can get it up by the end of the weekend.

1. How do I import my e-mail addresses into Pampered Chef?

To import your e-mail addresses into Pampered Chef, you will need to first export your contacts from your current e-mail service provider. Then, log in to your Pampered Chef account and navigate to the "Contacts" section. Click on the "Import Contacts" button and follow the prompts to upload your list of e-mail addresses.

2. Can I import e-mail addresses from multiple sources?

Yes, you can import e-mail addresses from multiple sources. However, each source will need to be exported and imported separately. It is recommended to organize your contacts into separate files before importing to make the process easier.

3. What file format is accepted for importing e-mail addresses?

The file format accepted for importing e-mail addresses into Pampered Chef is a CSV (Comma Separated Values) file. Most e-mail service providers allow you to export your contacts in this format. If you are unsure, you can also try exporting your contacts as a vCard (.vcf) file.

4. Do I need to manually input my contacts' information after importing their e-mail addresses?

No, after importing your contacts' e-mail addresses, Pampered Chef will automatically fill in any available information such as their name, phone number, and address based on the e-mail address. However, it is always a good idea to check and update any missing or incorrect information.

5. Can I import e-mail addresses of customers who have unsubscribed from my e-mails?

No, you cannot import e-mail addresses of customers who have unsubscribed from your e-mails. This is to ensure that your e-mail marketing is compliant with anti-spam laws and respects your customers' preferences. You can manually add these e-mail addresses back into your contacts list if they choose to resubscribe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• finley1991
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jenniferp417
  • whiteyteresa
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jules711
  • dkitten13