• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Importing Data From Laptop to Desktop. Please Help!

In Summary, Sandy transferred her data from her laptop to her desktop by backing it up to a thumbdrive, then transferring it to PP.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
;) Hey everyone! I had a scare yesterday. I turned my laptop on and it wouldn't automatically run Windows so I called Dell and was on the phone with them for almost 2 hours. Well, luckily everything was recovered (something happened with my hard drive) and now I want to always make sure I have a back up of my shows and info on Pampered Partner but I don't know how to transfer the data from my laptop to my desktop. I read a while ago that some of you take your laptop with you to the shows and then come home and transfer the data to your desktop and I would LOVE to know how you do that. :confused: I am pretty computer compatible and I asked my recruiter but she has a show tonight and is doing a fair tomorrow. Could someone please tell me what to do? I really would like to get this done! :)

Thanks in advance!

I havent tried this yet, but if you have one of those usb memory sticks, I could imagine that you should be able to go into pamperedpartner and when you go to exit it, when it prompts you to back up your files, back it up to the usb card then put the usb card in your desktop and try to upload it on to pampered partner, like i said, i avent tried yet, so it may not work, but let me know what happens if you decide to try it

Hi Kristi!
I've been through that scare! My desktop hard drive crashed, and I lost everything! I didn't back up anything on a disk, thinking it would never happen to me...well, I thought wrong. Since then, I've gotten a laptop, and do all my PC business on here. I backup my files on a thumbdrive (can have different names--just ask Staples, office depot, etc, and they'll know what you mean). You plug it into your USB port, and I back up my files on that. I'm sure you can upload your backup files onto your desktop also, but I think if you are concerned, just having them on your thumb drive will be suffice. Just don't lose your thumb drive :)

Backing Up FilesLike the others have said, back up data to a thumbdrive. To transfer it to from laptop to desktop, back it up in one, then when you open PP on the other computer, under "Utilities" select "Restore From Backup". If you are going to do this, keep two things in mind...

1) It's important that you ALWAYS back up your data before transferring from one computer to another.

2) You need to remember which computer has the most current information on it, so that you back that one up before transferring to the other.

I hope this makes sense. Feel free to email me if you have any other questions.

Sandy

Hey guys! Sandy, I just did what you said and it said that it was restored successfully but when I clicked on my shows or even tried to run a report, nothing is coming up. I transferred my data from a jump/thumb drive and it automatically put it as a zip file. Would that affect it somehow? I really would like for this to work and I appreciate everyone trying to help me with this! :eek: :)

I Got It To Work!Okay, I played around with it for a few minutes and got it to work! Thank You so much! It already makes me feel better! :D

1. Can I transfer data from my laptop to my desktop using a USB cable?

Yes, you can transfer data from your laptop to your desktop using a USB cable. Simply connect the two devices with a USB cable and follow the prompts on your computer to transfer the data.

2. Do I need any special software to import data from my laptop to my desktop?

No, you do not need any special software to import data from your laptop to your desktop. Most operating systems have built-in tools that allow for easy data transfer between devices.

3. Can I transfer all types of data, such as documents, photos, and videos?

Yes, you can transfer all types of data from your laptop to your desktop. As long as the data is saved on your laptop, you should be able to transfer it to your desktop using the appropriate method.

4. Will importing data from my laptop to my desktop overwrite any existing data on my desktop?

No, importing data from your laptop to your desktop should not overwrite any existing data. However, it is always a good idea to back up any important files before transferring data, just in case.

5. How long does it typically take to import data from a laptop to a desktop?

The time it takes to import data from a laptop to a desktop can vary depending on the amount of data being transferred and the speed of your devices. For smaller amounts of data, it should only take a few minutes. Larger amounts of data may take longer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PChefPEI
  • luvmypomeranian
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
angel7581
  • kmschroll2001