• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Important Product Update - Veggie Slicer

I don't really care for it. It's a bit loud and it's hard to get it to cut through tougher vegetables.
chefjeanine
Gold Member
Dear Consultant,

I have some disappointing news to share with you about the Veggie Slicer, item #2584. During recent inspections of incoming products, we've observed inconsistent quality in the product's performance. As a result, we are putting this item on Stop Sell.

This means, beginning at midnight (CT) Monday, Nov. 7, you may not sell or submit this product until further notice.

We are working closely with our supplier to resolve this issue. In the meantime, please note these important details:

- Orders for the Veggie Slicer will not be accepted by PamperedPartner Plus after midnight Nov. 7. This could affect your host’s reward levels so please take note of the impact to your Shows.
- Some orders we’ve already received for the Veggie Slicer have been placed on backorder. As soon as we know about the product's future availability, we'll send you an update.

I’m sure you’re disappointed by this news, since this is one of our new fall products. Please be assured that we’re doing everything we can to resolve the issue with our supplier. We apologize in advance for any disruption that this may cause you or your customers.

Sincerely,
Rich Hlava
Senior Vice President, Operations

Just saw that. I can't say I've sold any, didn't get one for myself so I haven't even tried it.

I am bummed. My featured recipe for Oct & Nov is the Autumn Risotto with Chicken & Cranberries that uses the Veggie Slicer. Everyone loves it and I usually sell 2 or 3 per show!

I finally ordered one for myself on my consultant as host show that I submitted October 31

Since it is in the catalogue, may I ask what you tell customers about a Stop Sell? I presume it's best not to say anything unless somebody asks for it.

I'm sad because that was a big item on my wish list and I was hoping to pick it up soon! Hope the problem gets solved and they can continue offering it!

I say that due to Pampered Chef's strict quality control, the item is on stop sell until the manufacturer remedies the problem. Moreover, I'm glad to be a part of a company that doesn't hesitate to pull a product that doesn't meet their quality specs rather than sell an inferior product to our customers.

KateInTheKitchen said:
Since it is in the catalogue, may I ask what you tell customers about a Stop Sell? I presume it's best not to say anything unless somebody asks for it.

I just don't talk about the product at all. If it comes up, then I just explain that the company has discovered some inconsistencies in the quality of the manufacturer and wants to get things resolved. They have our customers in mind and only put their name behind products that they feel live up to our/their standards. For right now, the item is no longer available. Should things change, we can contact them later with the news.

I'm not to upset didn't really like it anyway . Now if anything happens to th MFC you may hear me scream from here

I don't like it anyway, no big deal to me. I used it at a cluster meeting with carrots and they flew across the room.

I've only had one customer even ask about it and they were concerned about cutting carrots and whether or not it could actually do that since carrots are hard veggies. I don't think she even ordered it.

chef131doreen said:
I'm not to upset didn't really like it anyway . Now if anything happens to th MFC you may hear me scream from here

Ok, I'm game...what's the MFC???

I agree. I didn't care much for it either. It was rather loud and you had to use a lot of force to get it to cut through tougher vegetables.

I am curious, too. MFC????

I'm sure she meant MFP, not MFC or she's figured out a way to get her Manual Food Processor and Food Chopper to have a baby!Besides that, I'm not shedding any tears over the veggie slicer here. THey can discontinue it for all I care! That thing was awful. I used it one time for celery - and it would take TWO hands squeezing hard to get it to go through the celery! And when I was finished, my whole hand was tingly and hurt! If someone asks me about it, I'm honest. Not a product I endorse as useful. With all the ones in our line, that is under the pile in my book.

I've never taken mine out of the package - seems like a silly product to me.

I bought one on a supply order. I've never taken it out of the box. Should I return it?

I have the veggie slicer and almost got carpel tunnel trying to slice carrots. I thought it was just me, lol

Personally I hope they discontinue it. I did not like the quality at all and was afraid to let anyone touch it! The Food Holder does not stay on... It is constantly falling off and I just do not think it is a safe product. The blade lock does NOT stay locked and I find the blade exposed quite often when I take it out of my bag... I had pretty much decided not to carry it any longer.

alidafrizzell said:
Personally I hope they discontinue it. I did not like the quality at all and was afraid to let anyone touch it! The Food Holder does not stay on... It is constantly falling off and I just do not think it is a safe product. The blade lock does NOT stay locked and I find the blade exposed quite often when I take it out of my bag... I had pretty much decided not to carry it any longer.

Wrong product. You're talking about the Simple Slicer. The Veggie Slicer is the handheld device that you stick the carrot or celery, etc into, and it will slice it into perfectly even pieces. (Pictured in catalog on page 49 - upper left corner with the celery)

I was debating whether to tell my host when she said she knew it was on stop sell because it was on the website. I just said Pampered Chef is very meticulous about product quality and they were looking into complaints.

so glad I really read these posts...when I browsed through the email from home office I thought they were talking about the veggie wedger and I was having a fit!!!! So relieved! I don't care for the veggie slicer either...can't get it to work!!!

Used the Veggie Slicer once when I borrowed it from my upline. What a piece of crap!A knife slices celery MUCH better and costs more!

I guess I am one of the few who like it, lol. My kids were using the baby carrots and celery and he loved it. Made my job easier. :) I had an issue the one blade broke IN MY SOUP and I had not noticed so I had to dig to find three pieces OF METAL!!! I hope nobody had eaten the metal if they had this happen. I returned it and havent got it back yet. UMMM, now what? Will they even send it back???

ritabenson said:
I guess I am one of the few who like it, lol. My kids were using the baby carrots and celery and he loved it. Made my job easier. :) I had an issue the one blade broke IN MY SOUP and I had not noticed so I had to dig to find three pieces OF METAL!!! I hope nobody had eaten the metal if they had this happen. I returned it and havent got it back yet. UMMM, now what? Will they even send it back???

Yikes! I wonder if that had happened a few times. I felt like mine was going to do that, as hard as it was to push through the celery. Or that it would break and a piece would fly off (Never felt the need to wear safety gear with a kitchen tool before!).

I would bet you do NOT get it back- at least not until they figure out what they'll do with the product. If they resolve it, they may send you another. But I would bet they do some sort of credit or something instead. Just depends on the product resolution. Glad no one was hurt in your case.

Does anyone know if they are going to ship the backordered veggie slicers for the orders placed through the 7th or not. I got an email for my order on 10/31 that it would ship on the 8th. I haven't received anything about my order from the 4th that just shipped. Now, the status update says "To Be Determined". I'm not sure what to tell the host that's receiving her products today.

If past behavior is an indication, they'll ship.

I love them and everytime i demo it, i sell a few. I actually bring a stock of celery with me. It depends on the celery and how crisp if i need to use one or two hands. Most of the time, i just need one hand.

Now carrots, again, it depended on the size. Small carrots took one hand and large required two.

I didn't care for it either. It shredded the green onions and celery it didn't "cut" them and it took some hand strength to do that. I didn't demo it for that reason. I knew it would be a product that people would hate and want to return. I like the idea and would love if it worked as well as it did on the video demo on cc. It looked so easy to use.

Maybe there is a technique that we are all not doing to make it work so well. There has got to be some logic behind why we are all having troubles. Are the original blades they had on the demo video sharper and the company just gave the product itself crap blades after home office had their "TRIAL BATCH"??? I just dont feel Pampered Chef would have made this avaliable to customers if this was going to be such an issue. I have high hopes this item will come back strong and sells b/c I think the concept behind it is great, it just needs to get the "bugs" out of the product. :D

I won't miss having the Veggie Slicer. It doesn't work well. It is suppose to cut green onions and chives. Yeah...it just mashed them in the blades and is terrible to try to clean. The food gets stuck inside and is just hard to get out.I haven't sold any. I don't people will ask me about it.

Any guest who has purchased a veggie slicer that is now backordered has the option to get a refund. Ask the guest what they'd like to do, wait or get a refund and wait until they bring it back, better than ever.

I have an IRRATE host because of this product. He is blasting me because he does not have them yet. His show was Oct 23. I sold 2 at his show. I told him that Pamp Chef is offereing a refund and he said that is unprofessional and uncalled for. I gave him the solution center number. UGH

sassypip said:
I have an IRRATE host because of this product. He is blasting me because he does not have them yet. His show was Oct 23. I sold 2 at his show. I told him that Pamp Chef is offereing a refund and he said that is unprofessional and uncalled for. I gave him the solution center number. UGH

I'd tell him that "unprofessional" would be to give him a crappy product....the *@&@#. Some people are just not happy unless they make others miserable.

He said that several years ago, a consultant from Pamp chef ran off with everyone's money and they never got their product, so he is not surprised this is happening. I am not going to argue with him as these are 2 very different situations. I gave him the number to call. THe only answer I got was they do not know when they will be shipped and she did not know what the issue was. ALl she could tell me that it was a stop sell. I am upset because I feel it is hurting me now because he is so angry. I got 3 bookings from that show. I just hope they do not cancel because of this. :(

I would explain that Pampered Chef is very meticulous about its product quality. I wonder if they are going to be back at all? And I guess I'll get some celery and try the one I bought for the holidays.

Does anyone know what is going on with this yet? I have a customer who bought one at a show prior to knowing about this and it states its on backorder on her receipt. She wants to know if she should just get something else instead and I don't know what to tell her because we don't know when/if at all it will be available. Suggestions???

Kellylynne14 said:
Does anyone know what is going on with this yet? I have a customer who bought one at a show prior to knowing about this and it states its on backorder on her receipt. She wants to know if she should just get something else instead and I don't know what to tell her because we don't know when/if at all it will be available. Suggestions???

Yes, she can either get a refund or exchange it for something else. Ask her what she'd like to do, then call PC for her. The wait times for customer service have been quite long lately so do this yourself. You can opt to have them call you back - works great.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Amanda_RI
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
heather223
  • cincychef