• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Important- Poll for Spoiler Thread for Spring Launch!

I say no - HO asks us every year to not post information until the last minute and then opens the thread up to all the info at once. It would be very confusing for those that have to wait to hear what's going on.

Spoiler Thread Starting 2/2 For Spring Launch

• Yes!

Votes: 58 82.9%
  • No!

Votes: 12 17.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
DebPC
Staff member
In the past we have always asked our members to wait until the last Launch or Wave to start posting about new products/policies etc.
This year Greg and I are contemplating allowing this after the first Launch this spring because it's so close to March 1st. Posts would only be allowed in a special Spoiler Thread- so those that didn't want to see could easily avoid it.We feel this extra lead time would greatly benefit our members who would like to take advantage of this. Majority Rules-so vote!

To Clarify-This will be a thread and not a catagory- so those not interested can avoid the whole thread. Information will only be in reply posts. Then at noon on 2/9 the whole forum will be open to Launch Info.

Last edited:
That is a good idea - putting them in their own special section BUT another rule should be that no thread title contain spoilers.

If you do - MAKE SURE the thread is CLEARLY titled as a SPOILER. Many of us simply click on "New Post" to get updates and don't look at the category the thread is in.

Yes- it will be in your face, clearly titled if this goes thru.

Spoiler please!

that sounds great!

I suspect (that as in ALL past events), those who attend the early session will be sworn to secrecy until the later session has been completed. Do you really want to change that now?

chefjeanine said:
I suspect (that as in ALL past events), those who attend the early session will be sworn to secrecy until the later session has been completed. Do you really want to change that now?

Lol, and like all previous years, do those people follow that?

I would love a spoiler...i dont do well with waiting for surprises. Plus, I have a huge show on 2/8 where my host invited 80 and 30 have already said they would be there. It would be great to hint at some new products for more bookings.

esavvymom said:
Lol, and like all previous years, do those people follow that?

Yes, I think in the past few years CS has been good about this. I know people ask to have information SENT to them but we've avoided posting it here.

I've been in the first wave for most of the Launch meetings so I've usually not had to wait and I can only imagine how frustrating it is for those who don't go or who have to wait.

As another poster mentioned, those in the first meetings all promise not to say anything about anything until after the second meeting. I would hate to have anyone get in trouble by breaking that promise on CS.

I know people share with their team members or friends who can't attend any meetings, but that's done privately and can't be tracked by HO or anyone else. I know that HO doesn't have any control over CS, but it feels wrong to knowingly and willingly enable or encourage people (and give proof to others in print of such encouragement) to break the promise they make at the meeting.

Just my 2 cents. I know others will disagree with me and that's fine. I just wanted to express my concerns.

Shari in TX

We all cross our fingers when we make the promise, right? I usually don't disclose any information (mainly because I'm usually included in the 2nd wave) but I have had private conversations about certain new items. I don't like to ruin the surprises for anyone.

Brenda.the.chef said:
We all cross our fingers when we make the promise, right?

We should remember the purpose of the "promise" is so we don't spoil it for the rest who want to be surprised. That is being preserved here. If you don't want to be surprised, don't look at the thread. We would give proper warning.

I have often been in the second wave of meetings (and 3rd when National Conference was big) and it was hard not knowing but it would have been so less exciting if I had had spoilers. As far as those who can't or don't go, again, those who pay to go should get the privilege of knowing first. I have missed conferences and one of the launches (I was in the hospital for that one and Jean was at mine - ugg) and yes I wanted to know and once or twice did get spoilers privately from friends but PRIVATELY. I have team members that have said "don't tell me. I want to be surprised when the kit/box gets here".

Yes, you would make it clear that it is a spoiler thread and those that don't want to see it don't have to look but I think it is taking things one step too far.

My two cents.

I say no - HO asks us every year to not say anything out of respect to those who have to wait until the final one. If people want to personal message or email each other that's fine but I don't think we should have a thread about it. Personally if there is, I'll stay off Chef Success for the week I have to wait until the 2nd wave. I don't think it's fair if we are allowed to start talking about things before all of us find out.

wadesgirl said:
I say no - HO asks us every year to not say anything out of respect to those who have to wait until the final one.
Thanks for sharing your opinion! :) What about the people who don't care about being surprised? :) This way we cater to everyone. If you want to share, share, if not, we'll warn you not to look in this specific thread and you can go on to be surprised. I for one would want every advantage I could get to make better shows than to be surprised and rushed.
wadesgirl said:
If people want to personal message or email each other that's fine but I don't think we should have a thread about it.
I respectfully don't see the difference.

Admin Greg said:
Thanks for sharing your opinion! :) What about the people who don't care about being surprised? :) This way we cater to everyone. If you want to share, share, if not, we'll warn you not to look in this specific thread and you can go on to be surprised. I for one would want every advantage I could get to make better shows than to be surprised and rushed.

Do you want people to be able to enjoy your website or have to avoid it for a week? If it's a personal message, there's no way of accidentally seeing something. But if we start posting threads someone might say something in another thread that they shouldn't.

Most of the time I've been in the first wave of launches and have always respected the fact that HO asks us not to share any information until it's available to everybody. I agree with Beth when she says that those of us who are willing to spend our time and money to go should be able to wait until our launch to find out what is going on.

Admin Greg said:

Greg, there's a huge difference. This is something we go round about every year. The bottom line is that HO requests that we NOT share until the final group gets the news. We should respect and honor that. The week that everyone has to wait will not make a bit of difference in how our shows will be.

What we feel rushed about is getting the paperwork in our hands so that we can get packets out to hosts. This thread will not change that.

CS has been around for a long time now and has honored HO's requests and followed the guidelines set. This is why it is such an awesome site. It is a place to share ideas and help each other. Let's not ruin CS's reputation with HO over a thread that can wait a week.

BethCooks4U said:
Greg, there's a huge difference. This is something we go round about every year. The bottom line is that HO requests that we NOT share until the final group gets the news. We should respect and honor that. The week that everyone has to wait will not make a bit of difference in how our shows will be.

What we feel rushed about is getting the paperwork in our hands so that we can get packets out to hosts. This thread will not change that.

CS has been around for a long time now and has honored HO's requests and followed the guidelines set. This is why it is such an awesome site. It is a place to share ideas and help each other. Let's not ruin CS's reputation with HO over a thread that can wait a week.

What Beth said! We usually have the same opinion on things.

wadesgirl said:
Do you want people to be able to enjoy your website or have to avoid it for a week? If it's a personal message, there's no way of accidentally seeing something. But if we start posting threads someone might say something in another thread that they shouldn't.

Most of the time I've been in the first wave of launches and have always respected the fact that HO asks us not to share any information until it's available to everybody. I agree with Beth when she says that those of us who are willing to spend our time and money to go should be able to wait until our launch to find out what is going on.

Exactly that happened last year. There was a thread on DCS about something and someone said something giving a huge hit of a new product. I commented and she took it off. Several things were being hinted at on different threads. Then I made a comment mentioning grill tools not realizing I was doing the exact same thing that I had called the other person on. I was reamed very publicly and nastily. I made an innocent mistake but because I dared call someone on a similar one I was nailed to the cross.

Maybe people won't get so upset with others but I still think that someone will say something in the wrong thread if the door is left partly open. I don't want anyone to go through that. And besides HO asks us not to.

wadesgirl said:
Do you want people to be able to enjoy your website or have to avoid it for a week? If it's a personal message, there's no way of accidentally seeing something. should be able to wait until our launch to find out what is going on.
You are more than free to not view the thread and wait till your meeting. We will make every effort to include warnings in the thread title and in the first post. We'll have an unmistakable bold warning.
BethCooks4U said:
The bottom line is that HO requests that we NOT share until the final group gets the news. We should respect and honor that.
If you feel obligated towards their request then that is fine. Others may not feel obligated.
BethCooks4U said:
It is a place to share ideas and help each other. Let's not ruin CS's reputation with HO over a thread that can wait a week.
HO is not concerned over CS, we are small fry and independent and we will do everything possible to help consultants share ideas and succeed. Different people require different things and the beautiful concept of this community is that we can give them options. That is all, options. You decide how to use what is in front of you. :)Thanks for all your input!

Why are you doing a poll when you have already decided to do this? It's like you won't hear anything that differs from what you want to do. What I hear in your responses is "if you don't like it don't look". Obvioulsy our differing opinion won't make a difference in the decision. I am very disappointed in this whole thing.

BethCooks4U said:
Maybe people won't get so upset with others but I still think that someone will say something in the wrong thread if the door is left partly open.

This is a risk regardless. We can't stop that. In fact it might help if we can funnel everything into one thread.

wadesgirl, I can assure you we will make it so a member can't mistakenly click and read the thread. It will be annoying how often, large and bold the warnings will be if the majority end up voting for this feature.

BethCooks4U said:
Why are you doing a poll when you have already decided to do this? It's like you won't hear anything that differs from what you want to do. What I hear in your responses is "if you don't like it don't look". Obvioulsy our differing opinion won't make a difference in the decision. I am very disappointed in this whole thing.
I hear you, I am listening. We're at 85% for, and I want to open a dialogue with you to see what possibilities were or things we could do to address concerns. We have a a week and half of voting. Lots can change. We will respect the result.I apologize if I have upset you. :(With that said, I will address any concerns but will withdraw from any debate.

Last edited:
Admin Greg said:
This is a risk regardless. We can't stop that. In fact it might help if we can funnel everything into one thread.

wadesgirl, I can assure you we will make it so a member can't mistakenly click and read the thread. It will be annoying how often, large and bold the warnings will be if the majority end up voting for this feature.

I'm off of here until after February 9th - see you all then!!

Admin Greg said:
. We have a a week and half of voting. Lots can change. We will respect the result.

Actually, the first Launch is in 3 days.

pamperedlinda said:
Actually, the first Launch is in 3 days.

Thanks for the correction! :)

I dont understand why everyone is getting so upset or bothered. This conversation comes up EVERY time. I have been on here almost 5 years, and it always comes up prior to the product reveals. We remind people over and over, and the threads still come up. So even if you say "no thread" there will be somene who does it or posts something somewhere. At least Greg is trying to find ONE agreed upon spot, and if YOU dont want to look at it, then dont. I cant see it being that hard to just not click on it.

Door opened or not, you know someone will slip. Usually it is on Facebook or other areas first anyway. It has been so dead on here lately compared to years past (except getting a bit more lively with Deb's conversation starters lately ;) ), not much conversation as compared to years past.

I think folks are getting worked up over nothing...at least nothing there is any real control over. they asked for a poll and the results have always been in favor of the "yes", so he didnt already have it decided.

I don't see a problem with one clearly marked thread. I am also noticing that most of the people against it are in the first wave. But if there isn't going to be a spoiler thread, than nothing should be said at all. Last year I saw several comments that said things like " oh wait til you see the new stuff. I just can't believe it. So excited
bbut I can't tell you.". If your against a spoiler fine but please don't tease either.

What if HO doesn't ask people at the first launch to keep a secret? Does that change your opinion of what Greg should do? How do you feel when your customers have heard about a new product and you haven't? I think it's reasonable in this age of social media and technology to revisit this topic. The new products are only one aspect of Launch. What are we going to do in late summer when they have Directors doing their own reveals over a week's span? Ducking and running now...

I say yes, as long as the posts have "SPOILER" in the title. I'm unable to attend, but would love to have the option to know.

FYI, this poll will be closed tomorrow (2/1/2013) at noon CST.

I voted yes to such a thread. When I first joined CS, there were spoiler threads, then those got drummed out of town.

The past few season change overs, I've posted a thread asking for no spoilers, PMs only.
Even that upset some folks.

You can't please all the people all the time.

Guess how I voted? (Not telling until poll closes!!)

The poll is now closed. With an 83% vote, a spoiler thread will be made in the "Product Tips" forum in roughly 30min. There will be sufficient warnings.

I vote yes... but what I'm particularly interested in learning ASAP is the retired items. I'm not sure when that gets disclosed?

The poll is now closed. With an 83% vote, a spoiler thread will be made in the "Product Tips" forum in roughly 30min. There will be sufficient warnings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • cookingwithlove
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies