• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Important News From Tasty Tidbits

In summary, Joy is retiring her newsletter service effective December 31, 2011. After that, the newsletters will continue until December. New and renewing subscriptions will be prorated for the remainder of the year. The experimental Team Recognition newsletters will be discontinued after this month.
PampChefJoy
Gold Member
The following message was sent to all subscribers this morning, but since many of you are on here as well, or may not be active subscribers, I thought I'd share here too.

*****************************************​
After much thought and consideration, it is with bittersweet sadness that I announce the discontinuance of Tasty Tidbits newsletter service effective December 31, 2011.

I started Tasty Tidbits in 2005 as a way to help fellow consultants grow their businesses. I never dreamed it would become the success it did, and I am so grateful for the opportunities and benefits it provided me as a small business owner. I have had the privilege and pleasure of serving thousands of consultants over the last 6 years, making your life a little bit easier, helping you gain increased sales and new recruits, and getting to know you on a personal basis.

I never envisioned the end of this business but I would be dishonest if I didn’t admit that Home Office’s launch of their own in-house newsletter product last year hastened the process. I know those of you who have stayed loyal to me have a preference for my writing and design style, but I think that HO has worked out many of the initial kinks. Whether you go with theirs or another newsletter service, the important point is to remain active in front of your customers.

Because of the six-month subscription cycle, I am committed to fulfilling my long-term service obligations, so the service will remain active through the end of the year. We will begin tapering our billing beginning next month. New and renewing subscriptions beginning May 1st will be prorated for the remainder of the year to coincide with a subscription end date of December 31st. We will continue to provide the monthly Tasty Tidbits newsletter, monthly Outlet newsletter and Weekly Bites newsletter until December. The last Tasty Tidbits issue will be the December newsletter, released by November 25. The last outlet newsletter will be released by December 5. The last Weekly Bites newsletter will be December 25.

The experimental Team Recognition newsletters will be discontinued after this month. Our statistics tracking has indicated that only a handful of people are downloading and utilizing the content. As always, the extra flyers and blast emails will be provided as time allows.

When I look back over the last six years, what I remember the most are all the kind emails and notes of encouragement and appreciation that I’ve received from subscribers. What has sustained me all this time are the amazing people that I was working for. Knowing that I was making a difference in your success is what made it all worth it for me.

As for my “retirement,” I plan to spend more time with my kids, exercise more, and increase my volunteer work. Feel free to friend me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/joy.edwards (make sure to mention you’re from TT) to keep in touch. I wish you ALL THE BEST (pun intended) in your business endeavors and hope to always be a source of support when I can.

Blessings to you and thank you for business and support!

:cry:

So sad. . . .

Joy, I hope you realize how much you and your talent will be missed!

I always loved your newsletters Joy. Good luck to you and have fun with your family!

It's a sad, sad day!

Joy, thank you for all you have done for us and sorry to see this chapter end for you (and for us).Good luck and blessings in all you do!

Thank you for your Amazing talents and services Joy. It was an honor to have your newsletters sent to my clients. Good luck and BEST Wishes! ;)

I understand your reasoning but I'll miss your newsletters and weekly bites! Just don't retire from ChefSuccess!

I'm so sad over this, but I do understand your reasons.

OMG I am devestated to say the least ;( I luv your format but I, too, understand decision. I appreciate everything you have done for us and for giving us so much notice in this regard.

Thanks everyone!

I plan to continue doing some custom consulting/design work for a few directors, so there's a chance I might still be able to share some content with you that you'll be able to utilize for your newsletters... It just won't be on the grand scale (merged, personalized, different versions, etc) that I currently offer.

I am very saddened by this. Partly because I LOVE Joy, partly because I HATE the HO newsletter.Oh HO Newsletter, how do I hate thee? Let me count the ways:
• You make me enter those contacts into the system when I would rather take your newsletter and mail it myself.
• It's cookie cutter. If I want to make changes, too bad. It's like it or lump it.
• I can't use it to make special announcements, sales, events, etc.I've subscribed off and on and let my membership lapse because of computer problems that just got fixed. I think I'm going to zip over there and subscribe while I still can!

Joy, I am so, so sad to read this, but I wish you the best. THANK YOU so much for all of the work you've put into your newsletters--they have made my job so much easier!

Amanda

Intrepid_Chef said:
I am very saddened by this. Partly because I LOVE Joy, partly because I HATE the HO newsletter.

Oh HO Newsletter, how do I hate thee? Let me count the ways:
• You make me enter those contacts into the system when I would rather take your newsletter and mail it myself.
• It's cookie cutter. If I want to make changes, too bad. It's like it or lump it.
• I can't use it to make special announcements, sales, events, etc.

I've subscribed off and on and let my membership lapse because of computer problems that just got fixed. I think I'm going to zip over there and subscribe while I still can!

If I must use the HO version I plan to send it just to myself and use Outlook to access the HTML of the newsletter, edit it to my liking, then send it through MailChimp.

I'm bummed about the extras: Outlet newsletters, Weekly Dish, etc.

Mail chimp? Outlook? Not a fan of outlook either but don't really know what you're talking about.

Intrepid_Chef said:
Mail chimp? Outlook? Not a fan of outlook either but don't really know what you're talking about.

MailChimp is an ESP like iContact or Constant Contact. I use it because it's free. Outlook is just one program, I'm sure there are others that you can use to view the source/HTML of an email message. I just haven't been able to figure out how to do it in GMail (I can view the whole page, but not just the message).

This was a sad, sad way to start the day this morning. I LOVE your newsletter and flyers, and so do my customers. But, you have to do what is best for you

:( So sad!! I love your newsletters and get at on of compliments on them!

i don't know what i'll do without you! waaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

You are so appreciated and will missed in so many ways! You have amazing talent! Thank you for all you have done Joy and good luck to you!

I know Joy has many followers, and I looked at her newsletters which were very nice. In December remind me to post the info for the newsletter that I subscribe to. I don't want to take anything away from Joy, but I too HATE the HO newsletter and have one that I like. Maybe some of you will decide that you will use Erika's newsletters instead of the HO one.

I've used Joy's newsletter for several years and will really miss it and the outcome of having used it (lots of orders). Thank you for all you've done for us, Joy, and best wishes in your future.

lt1jane said:
I know Joy has many followers, and I looked at her newsletters which were very nice. In December remind me to post the info for the newsletter that I subscribe to. I don't want to take anything away from Joy, but I too HATE the HO newsletter and have one that I like. Maybe some of you will decide that you will use Erika's newsletters instead of the HO one.

lt1jane, who's Erika? I love love Tasty Tidbits and the fact that I can make the newsletter my own. I really don't like the HO newsletter at all. I've tried it and even my past hosts didn't like it, no place for host of the month! I have very competitive hosts:p

So if anyone know of another place I can get my newsletter PLEASE let me know!:cry:

Good luck Joy in your retirement and thank thank you for the great service you provided for us!

kittychef said:
So if anyone know of another place I can get my newsletter PLEASE let me know!:cry:

Good luck Joy in your retirement and thank thank you for the great service you provided for us!

Try Mike - his are great too. I loved Joy's newsletters too, but switched to Mike because I REALLY like that he has the clickable links straight into our PWS. I upload the newsletter to iContact and personalize and edit to suit my needs.

I am not a fan of the HO one so much either and my biggest beef is that I have to send it when they want me to - with Mike (or others) we can send it on our time schedule.

My Email Designs - Newsletter Service

If you decide to use him, please tell him I recommended you :love:

thanks!

pamperedlinda said:
Try Mike - his are great too. I loved Joy's newsletters too, but switched to Mike because I REALLY like that he has the clickable links straight into our PWS. I upload the newsletter to iContact and personalize and edit to suit my needs.

I am not a fan of the HO one so much either and my biggest beef is that I have to send it when they want me to - with Mike (or others) we can send it on our time schedule.

My Email Designs - Newsletter Service

If you decide to use him, please tell him I recommended you :love:

thanks!

Thanks Linda! I'll check it out!

A BIG THANK YOU for all you have done Joy! I have been contemplating with changing over to the HO newsletter due to budget issues. I guess now I won't feel as guilty. :(

Erika Solberg is a consultant (former director) in Idaho that has created Electronic Connections as a side business. She has several newsletter offerings. You can get a Monthly newsletter which inlcludes the Outlet Newsletter, The Outlet only newsletter, a bridal letter, and team mailings such as Monday Motivation and Team Recognition.

All subscriptions are month to month and can be changed at any time.
Electronic Connections
(208) 376-0344
For information, please contact Erika Soelberg [email protected]

BTW, Erika does give credit for referrals. I am not looking to extra credit with her, but I won't turn it down.

Does she have a website?

not that I'm aware of.

Joy,
I am so sorry to hear you are retiring! I have used your service in the past but let it lapse because I wasn't doing much with the business. I was getting ready to subscribe again when I saw this. Your service will be sorely missed by so many! Good luck with your future plans!
Bev

Joy,
I am so sorry to hear you are retiring! I have used your service in the past but let it lapse because I wasn't doing much with the business. I was getting ready to subscribe again when I saw this. Your service will be sorely missed by so many! Good luck with your future plans!
Bev

Last edited:
Joy, I am sorry to hear this! While I don't use your service, I know those who do love it! I currently use Erika and was going to look into you and My Email Designs. Now I will go with Mike. (For those wondering, I love Erika's newsletter but haven't gotten much response from it so I am trying something new!) Can someone tell me about Mail Chimp? I currently use Outlook and a Yahoo Group to send my newsletter, but would like to be able to track it!

Joy -
I wish you all the best in your endeavors, and am so truly grateful for your labors as a stellar creator of Tasty Tidbits and all the flyers. Your newsletters astounded me and my customers - I had sent out personal ones I made (hours and hours to do) then began subscribing and sending yours - and customers responded with regular orders and many who had not replied prior were contacting me. You rock - You go, girl (but don't go 'away'!). Thanks for your fine work.

Hi everyone who uses email newsletters!
I am soooo very happy with Erika, who does them similar to Joy. They are whimsical and very informative! She only charges $5 per month. Her contact info: Erika Soelberg, 208-938-6083 and her email: [email protected]. Please give her my name as referral: Keri Leiner. I've been using these for 4 years and my customers LOVE getting them anbd I get a ton of business. Enjoy!

lt1jane said:
Erika Solberg is a consultant (former director) in Idaho that has created Electronic Connections as a side business. She has several newsletter offerings. You can get a Monthly newsletter which inlcludes the Outlet Newsletter, The Outlet only newsletter, a bridal letter, and team mailings such as Monday Motivation and Team Recognition.

All subscriptions are month to month and can be changed at any time.
Electronic Connections
(208) 376-0344
For information, please contact Erika Soelberg [email protected]

Oops--I just gave out Erika's info too before I saw your post. Didn't mean to step on your toes!

no problem, I just want to help anyone who wants an option other than HO. Thanks for the e-mail update. I thought that was the old one, but it was the one my last mailing from her was sent from.

The ONLY reason I use the HO newsletter is because I can see who views it and I don't want to subscribe to constant contact.

chefsteph07 said:
The ONLY reason I use the HO newsletter is because I can see who views it and I don't want to subscribe to constant contact.

An option you can check into is MailChimp. You get the same kinds of reports, but the Freemium plan allows up to 2000 emails for free.

ETA: When I say emails, I mean addresses.

Last edited:
NooraK said:
An option you can check into is MailChimp. You get the same kinds of reports, but the Freemium plan allows up to 2000 emails for free.

And thanks to you, I'm using MailChimp and loving it.

I will be looking for a new service when Joy closes up shop. I want to send newsletters my way (and not have to transfer 900+ emails to Pampered Chef).

chefjeanine said:
And thanks to you, I'm using MailChimp and loving it.

I will be looking for a new service when Joy closes up shop. I want to send newsletters my way (and not have to transfer 900+ emails to Pampered Chef).

I have been contemplating having the PC newsletter sent to myself only, then using Outlook to view the source, editing it a bit and pasting it to MC to send to my customers.

Then, I saw Sheila's newsletter, and she let me know she uses the templates in iContact, so I might just explore some of the MC templates, too.

Doesn't the PC newsletter typically have what is also found in the "News" section of our website? It seems to me it did in the earlier days.

I take my newsletter (not Joy's :blushing:) and will edit out or condense the parts I don't want, and then I copy the news articles on my PWS news page. I can copy the text, and if I want to include the image, I just have to save it to my computer, and upload it in my iContact design.

I'm not talented enough to do my own from scratch using even the templates. My newsletter service has all of the links and host stuff ready to go....so I'm doing little. HOWEVER, I must say, I do not like the new editor in iContact. It's not as easy to use in my opinion. I resist change I guess. On several levels! ;)

NooraK said:
I have been contemplating having the PC newsletter sent to myself only, then using Outlook to view the source, editing it a bit and pasting it to MC to send to my customers.

I'll be waiting to learn what you find out -- this is over my head but perhaps you can talk me (and anyone else using MC) through it. :)

chefjeanine said:
I'll be waiting to learn what you find out -- this is over my head but perhaps you can talk me (and anyone else using MC) through it. :)

It's actually pretty simple, I do it with Customer Connection emails all the time.

First, you send the email to yourself. Then, you open the email in Outlook and use the "View Source" option to see the HTML.

Copy the HTML and paste it into an online editor: Online-HTML-Editor.org - The free online WYSIWYG Editor!. Edit to your heart's content, then view and copy the edited HTML .

Then go to MailChimp and paste in the HTML code as you would with TT.

1. Why is Tasty Tidbits newsletter service being discontinued?

The newsletter service is being discontinued due to the launch of Home Office's own in-house newsletter product, which has hastened the process.

2. Will Tasty Tidbits continue to fulfill long-term service obligations?

Yes, Tasty Tidbits will continue to fulfill long-term service obligations until the end of the year, as the subscription cycle is for six months.

3. When will the last newsletters be released?

The last Tasty Tidbits issue will be released in November, the last outlet newsletter in December, and the last Weekly Bites newsletter on December 25.

4. Will the experimental Team Recognition newsletters continue?

No, the experimental Team Recognition newsletters will be discontinued after this month due to low utilization by subscribers.

5. What are the future plans for the founder of Tasty Tidbits?

The founder plans to spend more time with family, exercise, and increase volunteer work. She can be contacted through her Facebook page and wishes all subscribers the best in their business endeavors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampChefJoy
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
gkoinski
  • PampChefJoy
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • mrssyvo