• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Buying Cheap Really More Expensive in the Long Run?

In summary, this commercial is an excellent way to promote the idea that buying quality products is better in the long run. It can be difficult for customers to understand this message, so this commercial is a good way to communicate this idea.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
I was driving to work today and heard a commercial for a local mattress company. The owner said a customer walked in and said "I'm too poor to buy cheap." They put that on their commercial to show that buying "cheap" products is too expensive, because they don't last. So buying quality is better in the long run.

I think this is an excellent way to increase our sales! I have too many potential customers who claim our products are too expensive. Well, I think a great way to counter this is to let them know that if they buy cheap stuff in the store, they'll have to replace them over and over and over.

What a great way to convey that message! Thanks for sharing!

You guys must have Original Mattress Factories up there too!

Yup, at least I do!I do NOT have an original mattress, although my friend does and loves them. I just like the slogan b/c I too am too poor to buy cheap!

So true and I totally agree. It's much better to buy something ONE time that will last a long time rather than spreading out the cost & paying for the same item multiple times over with cheap temporary fixes.I never understood the rental concept (like Rent-a-Center type places). Not even car leases. And I'd much rather own a home than rent one. In Dallas there's a "rent-a-tire" business. Really! I certainly don't get that one, but the company's been in business for YEARS! I'd rather pay cash & be done than to keep paying forever, end up paying more in the long run & have nothing to show for that money later. ;)

My dad says that amateurs need to buy the best tools available. Better tools make the job simpler for the beginner.

i don't know how those rent a centers last i mean don't people know they are actually paying like triple the amount they would be at a regular store?!?! this guy i used to work with raved about them and said it was best thing to do, he said he got a great deal on a tv, only $19/week for 3 years and it would be his...i proved him wrong by going to a tv store and getting the price for the exact same tv and it was only about 1/2 the price of what he was paying! he wasn't so thrilled with his 'purchase' after that!

It's the "I-want-it-now" syndrome. They don't want to wait to build up the cash to pay outright, and get wooed by the $19 per month promises, so they can get it into their house right now.

Love it!! That is so my philosophy (w/ all things, including PC)

1. What does "I'm Too Poor to Buy Cheap" mean?

"I'm Too Poor to Buy Cheap" is a phrase that means it's better to invest in a higher quality, more durable product even if it costs more initially, rather than buying a cheaper, lower quality product that will likely need to be replaced sooner.

2. Why should I invest in higher quality products if I'm on a tight budget?

Investing in higher quality products can actually save you money in the long run. While the initial cost may be higher, the product will likely last longer and require fewer replacements, saving you money in the long term.

3. How can I determine if a product is high quality?

Look at the materials and construction of the product. Higher quality products are often made with better materials and have better craftsmanship. It's also helpful to read reviews and do research on the brand's reputation for quality.

4. Is it always worth it to spend more on a higher quality product?

Not necessarily. It's important to consider your needs and budget when making a purchase. If a higher quality product is out of your budget, it's better to buy a lower quality product than to go without. However, if you can afford it, investing in higher quality products is often a smart choice.

5. Can I find high quality products at a lower price?

Yes, there are often ways to find high quality products at a lower price. Look for sales, discounts, and clearance items. You can also consider buying gently used items or shopping at discount stores. Just be sure to still prioritize quality over a cheap price.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MakinBacon
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • pjpamchef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • quiverfull7