1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales "I'm too poor to buy cheap."

1. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

I was driving to work today and heard a commercial for a local mattress company. The owner said a customer walked in and said "I'm too poor to buy cheap." They put that on their commercial to show that buying "cheap" products is too expensive, because they don't last. So buying quality is better in the long run.

I think this is an excellent way to increase our sales! I have too many potential customers who claim our products are too expensive. Well, I think a great way to counter this is to let them know that if they buy cheap stuff in the store, they'll have to replace them over and over and over.

Sep 15, 2009
  2. susanr613

susanr613 Senior Member Gold Member

What a great way to convey that message! Thanks for sharing!

Sep 15, 2009
  3. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

You guys must have Original Mattress Factories up there too!

Sep 15, 2009
  4. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

Yup, at least I do!

I do NOT have an original mattress, although my friend does and loves them. I just like the slogan b/c I too am too poor to buy cheap!

Sep 15, 2009
  5. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

So true and I totally agree. It's much better to buy something ONE time that will last a long time rather than spreading out the cost & paying for the same item multiple times over with cheap temporary fixes.

I never understood the rental concept (like Rent-a-Center type places). Not even car leases. And I'd much rather own a home than rent one. In Dallas there's a "rent-a-tire" business. Really! I certainly don't get that one, but the company's been in business for YEARS! I'd rather pay cash & be done than to keep paying forever, end up paying more in the long run & have nothing to show for that money later. ;)

Sep 16, 2009
  6. Judybabe

Judybabe Guest

My dad says that amateurs need to buy the best tools available. Better tools make the job simpler for the beginner.

Sep 16, 2009
  7. pc_jessica

pc_jessica Advanced Member

i don't know how those rent a centers last i mean don't people know they are actually paying like triple the amount they would be at a regular store?!?! this guy i used to work with raved about them and said it was best thing to do, he said he got a great deal on a tv, only $19/week for 3 years and it would be his...i proved him wrong by going to a tv store and getting the price for the exact same tv and it was only about 1/2 the price of what he was paying! he wasn't so thrilled with his 'purchase' after that!

Sep 16, 2009
  8. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

It's the "I-want-it-now" syndrome. They don't want to wait to build up the cash to pay outright, and get wooed by the $19 per month promises, so they can get it into their house right now.

Sep 16, 2009
  9. WLMcCoy

WLMcCoy Advanced Member

Love it!! That is so my philosophy (w/ all things, including PC)

Sep 16, 2009
Have something to add?