• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Find Out How Many Pampered Chef Consultants Are In My Area?

reasons. I don't want to have the same problem if I were to sign up with PC.If you're not a military member and you want to sign up with PC, you'll have to find a recruiter. You can't just contact the home office and get a referral. The recruiter who is assigned to you will set up a hospitality director with you. This is someone who will help you with your bookings, as well as train you on the basics of the business.
MichelleT
I have a question. I'm thinking of signing up, but was wondering if there was a way that I could find out how many consultants there are in my area? The girl who is wanting to recruit me is a friend of mine who's husband is military, and she is stationed overseas. How would it work with meetings and things like that?

I used to be a consultant for PartyLite, and I know that there were quite a few consultants in the area and so I ran into booking problems. I don't want to have the same problem if I were to sign up with PC. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA, Michelle

Hi Michelle,
That's great to hear that you're thinking about signing on! It's a VERY exciting time to be doing that. There are lots of great promotions going on right now for consultants, especially brand new ones!

I live in a suburb of Chicago and since PC is based right out here, as you can imagine there are quite a few consultants in the area. I have never had a problem with feeling like the area is inundated with consultants. Once you do have customers, it's a good idea to do good customer care so they come back to you when they need to place orders. That's not hard to do though. Just some emails and phone calls every so often and it keeps your name in front of them. I wouldn't be too worried about other consultants in the area though. Definitely don't let it deter you! :)

I don't know if there is a way to find out how many consultants are in your exact area. If you contact the home office, they automatically generate a referral to the director closest to you. Since you're already working with a consultant, you probably don't need to request a referral from the home office. But how it would work is if your recruiter isn't located near you, she or her director will get you set up with a "hospitality director." That's whose cluster meetings you'd attend and get a nice combo package with training....some from your recruiter and some from your hospitality director. It's the best of both worlds!

This is a GREAT board to post any questions at all that you might have! Lots of people come on here who are considering the opportunity. You get a good honest look at the pros and cons. My view to everyone considering it is to at least try on the apron for a little while. Do a handful of shows and see how you like it. You have nothing to lose and EVERYTHING to gain! I love this job and have been a consultant for over two years. I was someone who never in a million years thought I'd do something like this. I hated to cook, I hated speaking in front of others and I never sold anything in my life. That goes to show you should never prejudge people because offering this opportunity can help someone discover all kinds of hidden skills! :)

Good luck on your decision. Feel free to email me if you'd like to chat some more!

PC & MilitaryMichelle

My husband is military and we're in an area where there's a lot of military and a lot of home based businesses like PC. I've found that I can still get enough bookings to do well because even though there are a lot of consultants, there's not too many. Also, there are a lot who just do this as a hobby, so they aren't real competition.

If you're also military, remember that where you start your business isn't necessarily where you'll be for the entire time you're a consultant. That means signing up with your friend is perfectly do-able. I know that we'll be moving in a few years, so then I'll have to move my business. With that regard, the hospitality directors that were mentioned above are the key to success.

Let me know if you have any more questions. Becky did a good job of answering what you asked. Feel free to send me an e-mail or private message.

My husband is also military, and we live on base. We've just moved here from overseas, and so I don't know a lot of people. The people in my neighbor hood were surprised that I buy stuff from PC becasue they say it's so expensive, so I don't think I'll get bookings from them.

I don't know, I'm a worrywart, (so my husband tells me) and PartyLIte wasn't a good experience for me so I think that's why I'm so worried about doing PC. With the candles, I had a group of about 4 women who traded off doing shows. I would prefer to have a wider host base than that.

I've asked the people that I do kn ow if they know any PC consultants, and only one of them does, and she lives off base, so this raises my hope that maybe I could do well at this.

I would like a home based job just because my husband is constantly changing shifts, so I would like to bring in extra income and be able to do it around his schedule.

MichelleT said:
My husband is also military, and we live on base. We've just moved here from overseas, and so I don't know a lot of people. The people in my neighbor hood were surprised that I buy stuff from PC becasue they say it's so expensive, so I don't think I'll get bookings from them.

I don't know, I'm a worrywart, (so my husband tells me) and PartyLIte wasn't a good experience for me so I think that's why I'm so worried about doing PC. With the candles, I had a group of about 4 women who traded off doing shows. I would prefer to have a wider host base than that.

I've asked the people that I do kn ow if they know any PC consultants, and only one of them does, and she lives off base, so this raises my hope that maybe I could do well at this.

I would like a home based job just because my husband is constantly changing shifts, so I would like to bring in extra income and be able to do it around his schedule.
This sounds like something that could easily work around your husband's ever-changing schedule. I have someone thinking about signing on whose husband is a landscaper. He is SWAMPED with business during spring and especially summer months. But then it's almost nonexistent during winter months. She was wondering if this would be a good fit because it ebbs and flows with the seasons and her husbands schedule. I definitely think it would be! She could just do catalog shows in the summer and maybe a kitchen show here or there. Then in the fall and winter, she can book more kitchen shows. That happens to be our busiest time anyway, so it would work out really well!

It is a good way to make a good hourly rate (when you break it down) and be able to work around your family's schedule. Plus it's the kind of business you can pick up and move if you have to. Then you still have your "old" customers as your building new ones. :) If people in your neighborhood feel like PC is expensive (in reality we have a bunch of things at various price points), then they would be perfect candidates to host a show! That way they get it for free or half price! Good luck in your decision!

pamperedbecky said:
If people in your neighborhood feel like PC is expensive (in reality we have a bunch of things at various price points), then they would be perfect candidates to host a show! That way they get it for free or half price! Good luck in your decision!

You know, I never thought of that. Thanks!

This is such a good board for ideas!

Go for it!My husband is military as well. I used to live on base, but recently my husband and I bought a home. So far, I haven't run into the problem with bookings. I guess it just all depends where you are. I know I have mentioned this plenty of times before on this board, but get involved in your wives club or FRG group (which ever one you have). Not only am I doing a fundraiser next month for my FRG group, but also have a few preferred customers in my husband's unit. And from this fundraiser I hope to get more bookings and maybe even a few possible recruits. A few units from Fort Sill are about to be redeployed to Iraq and their FRG groups love to do fundraisers and things of that sort to keep busy. If you don't mind me asking, where are you stationed?

My director lives in Austin, TX, I am about 700 miles north at Fort Sill, OK. My recruiter just moved to Fort Bragg, NC. Granted we can't physically get together for meetings, but my director has conference calls with all her consultants and I LOVE it because it helps out! Plus we all keep in good contact.

Also, I have a friend that does Partylite and she is about to quit. She LOVES what PC does for their consultants...she asks how they make money by giving us all this stuff, etc!! (Yes, I've talked to her about joining but she also does Avon and has been BUSY this summer). Anyway, I LOVE PC and seem to be doing well for a beginner ;) and I think you will as well. And as mentioned above - those hospitality directors are key! You have alot of advantages - between you husband's friend's wives, FRG groups, neighbors, and an ever changing population! Good luck to you and :) Let us know what you decide!!

Last edited:
We're at Tinker. That's why I thought it might be a good idea, I can't find a PC consultant here, and it's a pretty big base!

So....Did you Join?:rolleyes: So Michelle. I am courious. Did you decided to join a Pampered Chef Team. I am in Southeast Ok and would love to have you on my team! I have been a consultant for almost 5 years as a hobby consultant I guess you could say. I am now stepping it up a notch. Increasing my show schedule and my team. I would be happy to answer any questions that you have.
Chef Shelly

I haven't signed up with her yet. I keep flip flopping on it. I don't know why. Whenever I talk to my friend, I get really excited and tell my husband "This is it, I'm gonna do it!" But then a couple of days pass, and I begin to wonder if I will indeed be able to get the bookings. That's why I was wondering if I could find out how many consultants there are in my area.

I guess I just keep doubting how well I would do. Like I said, my husband calls me a worrywart! When I talk to my friend, she makes it sound sooo easy, but I think it's just a hobby for her as she gets COLA for being overseas. If I did it, I would like to do it to make money. I'm currently in school full time and am getting ready to enter into two years of clinicals, so working suring the day is out of the question. And like I said, I would like to be able to schedule around time with my family.

Did any of you feel apprehensive about starting? I get very nervous talking to people I don't know very well and I think this will make it hard for me. Pus, forgive me if I already mentioned this, but there was a PartyLite consultant on our street, and people said that she drove them crazy, constantly calling and emailing them. I don't want to come across like that. Any ideas on that one?

I like to have a complete plan in place before I start something, so that I can be prepared for everything. I like to know exactly what to do and how to do it. I'm sorry if I sound a bit crazy...I should change my screen name to worrier!

One thought I had while reading your post is that you'll never know if you'd be good at it unless you try! I wholeheartedly believe that and wondered the same thing. My husband gave me the best advice and said to just try it. If it was terrible and I had no fun at it, I could stop.

I also think that if none of us here (and elsewhere in Pampered Chef Consultant land) took the leap even though we were VERY apprehensive, there wouldn't be many consultants! There are so many people in your boat! I've even had consultants who I thought would be incredible at this business because they were outgoing, loved to cook, were hilarious, etc etc, but didn't end up sticking with it for one reason for another. It just showed me that you can't pre-judge because even the shyest and insecure people and most inexperienced cooks (I'm smiling now because that was ME!) can become a success in this business. :)

As for not wanting to feel like you're pestering people, I hear ya! I hate being an imposition. I sometimes get the feeling when someone has had enough of my PC talk, so I cool it. Or I put the ball in their court and say if they WANt to know the specials or want the new catalog, for example, I want them to ask me because I don't want to become a "pampered pest." I truly feel that we're offering potential hosts and customers a wonderful product (whether it's the products themselves or the oppty) and if they don't want to take advantage of it, it's their loss.

Good luck to you! It's funny, I have friends who are waiting for the "right time" to start a family and have kids in their busy lives. This is KIND OF the same way. There is never the right time! There may never be a perfect time to take on something that makes you nervous and anxious. But you'll never know the huge benefits you could get out of it unless you try. There may not be some PERFECT time. Although right now is pretty close to it with all the great upcoming incentives. :) I know for myself personally, I looked at it as a personal challenge to myself to give this a try. To step outside of my comfort zone and "see what happens." Wow, am I glad I did. I can't imagine my life without PC and the strengths that it's helped me build.

Michelle,

Not to worry. We have all had doubts and still do when some change happens and we have to deal with it. Pampered Chef is a good thing. When I started one of the things I thought of was to push to make the money and have fun. I had a goal to build up to 8 shows a month and $$$ a month. I wanted to get over the fear of speaking in front of people and thought that would be hard to do. I was concerned, but I thought I have nothing to lose and everything to gain. I started with 4 kids at home 2, 5, 8, 10. They were in school, sports and I have a husband that I could not count on because his schedule was changing all the time. He was home on the weekends, I had that and my old nanny when I worked was around and willing to sit if I needed her. I started in November and it was hard due to the holidays, my husband thought I should have waited till January. I told him that it would take me that long to get every show I wanted lined up and do shows in December and January. Now it didn't go as quickly as I wanted it to and you know I have all this great stuff and its almost 4 years later. Goals/plans are made to be changed and modified when needed.

I didn't need the nanny much and I didn't excell the business to were I thought it would be, but now I feel I can devote the time to sharing the opportunity and building my business. My girls are 5, 8, 11, 14 and I just finished a busy year of school being the 2nd grade room mom and all the sports. I have a kindergartener this year and plan to use that time to work more consistent in my business, build the shows and a great team of people who want to do there business be it hobbiest or career minded, I'll help everyone. It what I do best.

I love the flyer out there Considering Joining THe Pampered Chef? and the No Risk Factor. I'll attach it so you don't have to look for it.

You sign with your recruiter and get a hospitality director, make your list and flyers, start the calls and book the shows.(get the 1st 4 lined up) Set your goals and keep a consistent schedule. There is so many consultants in Illinois and we get the shows. Don't worry about that, we don't, it was in the back of the mind, but after 4 years I'm still not having a problem. I don need to step up and get more shows and Have changed my goal to do so. I have 3 booked in August with another to schedule, 2 in september and 2 in october. That's great for me since I didn't always have shows booked out for 3 months. New season new/revised goals and deadlines.

You'll have all this great stuff that you will use for a life time. What's to worry about when you think of that and you have all of us to help you thru it. Good luck in what you discide. I think I went on too long, sorry. :)

Attachments

• No risk factor for recruiting.doc
    71 KB · Views: 843
WOW! Fort Sill is southwest Oklahoma so we aren't too far from each other.

I think we were all alittle apprehensive about joining PC. I know I was. But that was 6 months ago and I LOVE what I do! There is so much potential and so many ways to succeed with Pampered Chef. YOU are your own boss, you set your schedule and the pace of your business. Your friend is right - it is easy and it is fun. Yes, you can run into slow months, lazy hosts, etc. But every business runs into little things like that. Keep a positive outlook on it all. It's good that you want to take your time and form a plan. If that's what you need to do - do it! Make alist of EVERYONE you know - friends, family, acquaintances, even people such as your hairdresser, kid's friend's parents, grocery clerk....the list goes on. They are all potential hosts.

None of us wants to be a pampered pest - so don't be. Just follow up when you say you are going to so your customers and hosts expect it. I always tell my customers at shows that I will be following up with them about their products, etc and to be sure to fill out their survey slips incase there is a probelm with their order, etc. And so far, they have all appreciated that I called and followed up like I said. And when you "advertise" your business to your friends - let them know that you want to give them the best deals possible and you want them to really enjoy what you can do for their kitchens! When you go to potlucks, showers, get-togethers, etc make a PC recipe and you will get tons of ohhs and ahhs which can lead to some bookings and maybe even recruit leads.

Good Luck to you!! You certainly have come to the right place for support and advice! You will find this site as a great resource!

Great flyer Mary!!!

Michelle:

Don't worry about the other consultants in your area. When I lived in NJ, there were at least 6 other consultants in my town (and those were the ones I knew about!!) and in 3 years, we never seemed to trip over one another. There is plenty of business to go around.

During one Leadership conference a few years back we heard a pretty astonishing statistic (and I'm paraphrasing here, but you'll get the gist!): in the previous year 1 million kitchen shows were held, but if you compare that to the population of ONLY the state of California (17 million), you realize that there is still a huge untapped market! I am always surprised to find customers at my shows who have never heard of or never been to Pampered Chef shows before. The opportunity to grow our business is most definitely there!

And as someone said in a previous post (I think it was Becky???) you'll never know unless you give it a try (my husband gave me 6 months...and here I am 5 years later LOL!). You have nothing to lose and everything to gain (including that great Roasting Pan this month!).

Mary

So I've finally decided to do it...I'm gonna try and see how it goes. I'll be signing my agreement today or Monday. I'm nervous, but thanks to all of you who have offered encouragement!

MichelleT said:
So I've finally decided to do it...I'm gonna try and see how it goes. I'll be signing my agreement today or Monday. I'm nervous, but thanks to all of you who have offered encouragement!
Congratulations! You have only to gain!!

MichelleT said:
Congratulations to you! It'll be a fun journey. And if you're anything like me, you'll discover skills you didn't even know you had! Like I used to hate to cook and was terrified to talk in front of others. I never would have known I had it in me if I didn't give PC a try. And after time, you'll realize you're getting SOOO much more out of it than you originally thought you would. Way to go!!

Hi Michelle and welcome to PC. I am an air force wife also and just relocated from okinawa back to the states to california. Ironically I am from OKC 15 mins from Tinker. I signed my niece up that lives in OKC. SHe is just starting also. My director found her a hospitality director in her area so it will help her out a lot. I wish you luck on your business and maybe you will run across her sometime.

Looking for new ways to get booking leadsI was curious if anyone had any ideas or success with how to get new leads for bookings?

I don't know if you've seen it or not, but there's a file on here called 118 ways to get bookings or something like that. I'll try to attach it. It's just a great way to brainstorm. The "List of 100" is also a good way. Really use it and sit down to fill it out! Don't think of who will say yes, just write down EVERYONE you know. There are lots of great ideas on here. Just type in bookings in the search option up in the menu bar. Good luck!

What are the benefits of signing up as a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you will have the opportunity to earn income through hosting cooking parties and selling high-quality kitchen products. You will also have access to training and support from experienced consultants, as well as the chance to earn incentives and rewards.

How much does it cost to become a Pampered Chef consultant?

The cost to sign up as a consultant is $99, which includes a starter kit with over $450 worth of products and business supplies. There is also an optional upgrade to the Deluxe Starter Kit for $159, which includes even more products and business tools.

Do I need any prior experience or skills to become a Pampered Chef consultant?

No prior experience or skills are necessary to become a consultant. Pampered Chef provides training and support to help you succeed, regardless of your background or knowledge in cooking or sales.

What is the commission structure for Pampered Chef consultants?

As a consultant, you can earn a base commission of 20% on your sales, with the potential to earn up to 31% based on your monthly sales volume. You can also earn additional income through team building and leadership bonuses.

Are there any sales quotas or requirements for Pampered Chef consultants?

There are no sales quotas or requirements for consultants. You have the flexibility to work at your own pace and set your own goals. However, to remain an active consultant and continue to receive commissions and benefits, you must submit at least $150 in sales every three months.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Niki Kate
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • Momafour
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • Lexif424