• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I'm Surprised They Handled the Adj. This Way

In summary, the customer took her garlic slicer out of the package and liked it, but didn't use it. The garlic peeler looked really cheap, so she wanted to keep the slicer but return the peeler. PC made her return the ENTIRE SET and get something else even though she wanted to keep the slicer. Even though FedEx came the next day, it took almost three weeks for it to be "received" by H.O. And it took about a month for the entire return to be processed.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
For my December show, the customer took her garlic slicer out of the package and liked it . . . but didn't use it.

But the garlic peeler? It looked really cheap.

So she wanted to keep the slicer but return the peeler.

PC made her return the ENTIRE SET and get something else ... even though she wanted to keep the slicer. So she settled on a slicer and a pie gate ...

Even though FedEx came the next day, it took almost three weeks for it to be "received" by H.O. And it took about a month for the entire return to be processed.

I personally don't understand why PC asked for the slicer to be returned. Can they re-sell it?

Probably to keep their books & inventory straight since it was purchased as part of a set.

Yes they need to keep everything straight. The same thing happened to my aunt. She got the grinder set but thought she was getting the stand for it too. Since she ordered it at half price we had to return the two grinders to get back two grinders and the stand.

I've been told it can take up to 4-6 weeks for adjustments to be taken care of.

I tell my guests to call about a week after the pick up. They will see that it's been returned and start processing the order.

I have told my guest to use the item before returning it. She has 30 days to make an informed decision, rather than thinking it looks cheap so it must be junk. The peeler is anything but cheap. I love mine...and I can't imagine hand peeling my garlic so I can use the slicer. To me, the whole point of both items is to keep my hands scent free.

I hope that helps your future returns made easier...or not at all:)

To me that is CRAZY! We are doing an adjustment for them - shouldn't customer service be better?

I guess my concern in the whole thing is the slicer was taken out of the package and was not used. So they probably threw it away. Meanwhile, the peeler was never taken out of the package. So they can re-sell that. I do hope they took the unused peeler and re-packaged it .. there was nothing wrong with it, and they tell us to wash everything before using it anyway.As for me, I don't have the peeler either ... I figure I can just get a piece of rubber tubing from a hardware store if I want to peel garlic that badly.

What does "I'm Surprised They Handled the Adj. This Way" mean?

"I'm Surprised They Handled the Adj. This Way" is a phrase commonly used in the Pampered Chef community to express surprise or disappointment about the way a particular ingredient or cooking technique was handled in a recipe or cooking demonstration.

Why do Pampered Chef consultants use this phrase?

Pampered Chef consultants use this phrase as a way to express their opinions and share their experiences with other consultants and customers. It is a way to start a conversation and discuss different ways to improve or modify a recipe.

Is there a specific way to use this phrase?

There is no specific way to use this phrase, it is simply a way to express surprise or disappointment. You can say it out loud during a cooking demonstration, type it in a comment on a recipe, or use it in a conversation with other consultants.

Can this phrase be used in a negative way?

While "I'm Surprised They Handled the Adj. This Way" may be used to express a negative opinion, it is not intended to be used in a negative or hurtful way. It is important to use this phrase respectfully and constructively when discussing recipes and cooking techniques with others.

Are there any alternatives to using this phrase?

Yes, there are many other ways to express surprise or disappointment about a recipe or cooking technique. Some alternatives could be: "I wouldn't have done it that way", "That's an interesting approach", or "I'm not sure about that ingredient". It is up to personal preference and the tone of the conversation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • kcjodih
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • slapsappyhappy