• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I'm Sure It's Happened to You ;)

In summary, the speaker has been posting frequently and sharing their experiences with others. They recently invited someone to their party but the person couldn't come and didn't place an order. The speaker then received an invitation to a "Cookie Lee" party hosted by the same person they invited. The speaker is hesitant to attend and promote their own business at the party, but has had success in the past doing so. They also mention using their catalog tote as a purse and being annoyed by the constant parties for "Cookie Lee."
emiscookin
I know I have been posting a lot lately, but I just love sharing my experiences with all of you and reading your responses. :D Hope I am not being annoying....

Anyhoo, so there was a lady from church that I invited to my first party and...I honestly can't remember why she couldn't come but I sent her the info on how to order online. So far, no order placed.

I just received a call from this same lady and got excited ("Does she wanna place an order?") and she told me that she wanted to invite me to a "Cookie Lee" party she is hosting for another lady in our church.

Now, don't you just love it when you invite someone to your PC show, they can't show up and don't order, but turn around and expect you to come and order at a show they are hosting for someone else?

I told her I would have to see what's going on, but I should be able to make it. Geez, I am such a nice person. I mean, I don't want to be rude. Maybe going will give me another chance to chat with this lady and see if she wants to order or maybe even host?

Yup been there... Bless and release. Go to the show. Bring your catalog tote but do not talk PC. Observe and you will be surprised at what you will learn... :)

And you can be sure you are either wearing Logo-wear, AND/or Carrying your Catalog tote with you! (If you don't have one, get one! $15 on supply order). You can be around a new group of people. :)

I drive my van with the PC logo on the back, but I never advertise at another DS show that I'm a PC Consultant. I wouldn't want them doing it at my shows so I don't do it at their shows either. ;)I did have the host bring it up once & several people asked. I made it clear that I didn't want to take over the PartyLite show and that if they wanted to talk PC I'd be happy to talk after the other consultant was done. At the end of her demo, the PL Consultant asked me to go to the van and get HER a catalog! That's the ONLY reason my catalog tote even came inside the house, the PL Consultant requested it. ;)

esavvymom said:
And you can be sure you are either wearing Logo-wear, AND/or Carrying your Catalog tote with you! (If you don't have one, get one! $15 on supply order). You can be around a new group of people. :)

You don't think that would be rude? I wouldn't want the Cookie Lee consultant to think I am stealing her thunder and trying to advertise at her show. :confused:

Don't get me wrong, I wanna bring my PC tote, but I don't wanna offend.

been there before... got invited to a jewelry party for a girl who never talks with me, except to invite me to these types of parties.. and said she could not host a PC party since her kitchen is small.
Anyways, I brought my catalog tote and booked two shows that night... worked out well.

Sheila said:
I drive my van with the PC logo on the back, but I never advertise at another DS show that I'm a PC Consultant. I wouldn't want them doing it at my shows so I don't do it at their shows either. ;)

I did have the host bring it up once & several people asked. I made it clear that I didn't want to take over the PartyLite show and that if they wanted to talk PC I'd be happy to talk after the other consultant was done. At the end of her demo, the PL Consultant asked me to go to the van and get HER a catalog! That's the ONLY reason my catalog tote even came inside the house, the PL Consultant requested it. ;)

Now that's cool! :) Would be great if that happened for me!

I use my catalog tote as my purse...every day, so it would not even think about not bringing it in with me! I hvae never heard of Cookie Lee...gonna Google it right now.

Jennifer E said:
I use my catalog tote as my purse...every day, so it would not even think about not bringing it in with me! I hvae never heard of Cookie Lee...gonna Google it right now.

I hadn't either!! Until a month ago. Now it's all I hear about cause everyone I know is throwing parties for these 2 ladies in my church that do it!

Kinda annoying actually...

Sorry

emiscookin said:
You don't think that would be rude? I wouldn't want the Cookie Lee consultant to think I am stealing her thunder and trying to advertise at her show. :confused:

Don't get me wrong, I wanna bring my PC tote, but I don't wanna offend.

I may not wear something with a huge logo (like the Bling-shirts or the T's with the large logos), but I always have a light sweater or jacket (logo on it of course), and I carry my tote as my purse also... Would I do anything else? No....I'd take Sheila's approach. If I was sitting there talking about it and bringing attention to it or something, THAT would definitely be rude.

I agree with Jennifer, it's just my purse! I think logowear might be pushing it. :) I have a cookie lee consultant doing a catalog show for me right now. When I dropped off her packet, she told me that she had already sold at least 3 DCB! :) Cookie Lee has some cute stuff right now & I'm not really a big jewelry person.

just googled cookie lee and i am not impressed.

lesliec said:

Ok, why did I LOL when I read that!? :D

I arrived a little late to another DS party one time, tried to be discreet and sneak into the kitchen where the hostesses' daughter was but the hostess greeted me enthusiastically, pointed at another guest, and said "Xxxxx wants to book a Pampered Chef party!" Luckily the other DS consultant is a good friend of mine who laughed and said, "Now that Kathy has a show booked, let's get back to this one!"

After that story, I agree with others who said bring your catalog tote (I also carry mine as my purse) and don't mention PC....you never know what will happen. :D

Alrighty. I will bring my tote (cause it's sorta my purse too ;)) and promise not to say anything to anyone unless they ask me about it after the show!
Thanks for the advice everyone! :)

lesliec said:

Small hijack: This is only DS jewelry company I'm willing to buy from (not that I buy a lot of jewelry these days). They have stylish inexpensive costume pieces that are priced low enough that I won't cry if they break (I like wearing long necklaces...which invariably catch on something). It galls me what some DS jewelry lines charge for costume stuff.

Okay, back to your post. Having something with you that discreetlyindicates you are a PC rep is simply good business. Let her know you are there to enjoy her presentation and not to talk about PC. Also, I would always ask the other DS rep for a couple of her cards to share with my own customers. (If she requested some of mine in return that told me a lot about what kind of business person she was.)

emiscookin said:
Alrighty. I will bring my tote (cause it's sorta my purse too ;)) and promise not to say anything to anyone unless they ask me about it after the show!
Thanks for the advice everyone! :)
If someone does ask you just be polite and discreet. Think how you would feel if someone was blatantly booking Jewelry parties in the middle of one of your shows. I think you will do fine from how you have come across on this subject.Oh and FYI... I have a friend who I asked to host a PC show last year her reply "my friends aren't into that right now" So then last month I get an invite from her to a Jewelry party and not to an uppercase living party in June. Things that make you go hmmmm...

legacypc46 said:
Small hijack: This is only DS jewelry company I'm willing to buy from (not that I buy a lot of jewelry these days). They have stylish inexpensive costume pieces that are priced low enough that I won't cry if they break (I like wearing long necklaces...which invariably catch on something). It galls me what some DS jewelry lines charge for costume stuff.

Okay, back to your post. Having something with you that discreetlyindicates you are a PC rep is simply good business. Let her know you are there to enjoy her presentation and not to talk about PC. Also, I would always ask the other DS rep for a couple of her cards to share with my own customers. (If she requested some of mine in return that told me a lot about what kind of business person she was.)

Excellent tips Chris! Exactly what I was thinking!

Jennifer E said:

I was thinking the same thing..that is my purse.

I like the look of the Cookie Lee stuff..but I bought a bracelet from them and it turned my wrist green..I was SO SAD about that.

chefheidi2003 said:
I was thinking the same thing..that is my purse.

I like the look of the Cookie Lee stuff..but I bought a bracelet from them and it turned my wrist green..I was SO SAD about that.

Sounds like their products are one of those, "You get what you pay for."

1. What is "I'm Sure It's Happened to You ;)"?

"I'm Sure It's Happened to You ;)" is a collection of relatable stories and experiences from real Pampered Chef customers and consultants.

2. Is this book only for Pampered Chef consultants?

No, this book is for anyone who loves Pampered Chef products and wants to hear funny and heartwarming stories from fellow customers and consultants.

3. Can I purchase "I'm Sure It's Happened to You ;)" in stores?

Currently, this book is only available for purchase through Pampered Chef consultants or on our website.

4. How many stories are included in "I'm Sure It's Happened to You ;)"?

There are over 50 stories included in this book, ranging from cooking mishaps to heartwarming experiences with Pampered Chef products.

5. Are there any recipes included in "I'm Sure It's Happened to You ;)"?

No, this book is solely focused on sharing stories and experiences. However, you can find plenty of delicious recipes on our website or by attending a Pampered Chef cooking demonstration.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
dollfangs
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies