• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Worrying About Unsubscribes While Building My Business

In summary, 3 people unsubscribed from the newsletter that I sent out using iContact. I'm feeling frustrated because my business is dwindling and I'm trying to build it.
babywings76
Gold Member
I sent out my outlet e-mail yesterday and have now had 3 people unsubscribe! I'm trying to build my business...and it's dwindling! :cry:

Thanks to iContact, I know who is opening my newsletters. It's kind of a double-edged sword. Nice to know who's opening, but sad to think who isn't opening it.

Awww, don't take it personal! If I did, I'd probably be out of business!!

Keep your head up and sign up for a fair or 5! You'll build a ton of contacts that way!

Don't think about the ones who unsubscribe, they don't normally buy from a newsletter anyway. Focus on building it with new contacts from shows. Let them know it will come 1-2-3x's a month, and you will be surprised of how receptive they will be. I understand the double-edge sword. When I first started with icontact I realized my mom never opened my emails. The ones you expected don't always open, and the ones you don't always expect are the ones that order.

I lost 3 customers last time too off of my list, and I only had about 20 in my list :( I feel for you!

I look at it this way -- at least I'm not clogging my list with folks who aren't interested. I'd rather have a small list of true PC people, than a large list of anybodies.

Don't take it personally. Sometimes I've had people cancel my newsletter as it is a bad time for them personally and they just can't be tempted or know they can't afford anything. After they send me an unsubscribe, I just tell them thank you for letting me know and they have been successfully unsubscribed. I tell people about it at my shows and that if they want to cancel at any time it is fine and I don't take it personally. It is all a numbers, and time game.

It could be the same as what happened to me.. I send out my monthly news letter, and of course I send it to myself..... I got 1 unsubscribe............ It was myself... I don't know how or why.. but I got unsubed from my own mail list without any intervention on my part.

colegrovet said:
It could be the same as what happened to me.. I send out my monthly news letter, and of course I send it to myself..... I got 1 unsubscribe............ It was myself... I don't know how or why.. but I got unsubed from my own mail list without any intervention on my part.
That's a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing....ba-da-bump...:D

Perhaps (and I know this probably isn't much consolation) the people that unsubbed were people that were never getting your email before (due to email/spam filter), and since you started using iContact, which has excellent deliverability, they started receiving it.... and you're just getting the unsubs now. Hugs! I know it's hard but try not to take it personally. Some people just don't have time or patience to filter through emails, no matter how good the info.

Don't worry! I sent mine yesterday and had 36 people unsubscribe!! The people who unsubscribe aren't your customers anyway - if they're going to unsubscribe, they're not going to order from you most likely. Just move on and get some more solid leads.

Thanks guys! I'm feeling a little better now. It's just hard sometimes when I'm struggling to get bookings and such and I'm trying to do things and they backfire/don't pan out.I'm going to focus on my show for this Saturday. I need to get bookings! My April is empty right now. Now if only my printer would stop acting up so I can print off my stuff I need to make my guest folders! On the bright side, I just got a recruit lead yesterday. A new neighbor asked me about the biz when I brought her a catalog (she asked for it when we met at our little park here).

pattikake said:
I look at it this way -- at least I'm not clogging my list with folks who aren't interested. I'd rather have a small list of true PC people, than a large list of anybodies.

Couldn't have been put ANY better.

I always follow up with those that unsubscribe and I PUT that in my e-newsletter so they are aware that I'll do that. I have had people say that they are moving so that's why they did it. After explaining that they could order anyway, they asked to be put back on. As for people not opening it, it's NOT 100% accurate. So they may not seem to open, but maybe they do. I use Constant Contact and have done a list of people that haven't opened any of my last 3 emails. I'll do this for maybe one more month and contact those people to see if they get it/want it. About 1/2 haven't opened anything since January (can't see specifically before then). Also, I've had people that unsubscribe b/c they just don't read it, but they still go to my website and show up at my expos that I'm at regularly. Oh...and don't feel bad if your closest people don't open it. Just tell them you NEED them to. They may NOT b/c they figure they are special and know everything b/c you fill them in personally.

I've noticed that if someone reads your newsletter in Outlook and just uses the reading pane, as opposed to opening it fully, it can show as unopened even though the read it.Also - I've had people's husbands unsubscribe because they didn't realize what it was...

With iContact there is also "unsubscribed" and "do not contact". I've had 3 "do not contact", so I won't be able to do a follow up. Good idea though to follow up with the regular unsubscribes.

Winnipegk said:
I've noticed that if someone reads your newsletter in Outlook and just uses the reading pane, as opposed to opening it fully, it can show as unopened even though the read it.

Also - I've had people's husbands unsubscribe because they didn't realize what it was...

I was wondering if that is the case. I had a friend tell me she loves my emails and I was a little taken aback since I knew she never showed as opening them in icontact.

What's icontact? Is there a charge to use?

I contact is a service to send out your email newsletters. Yes there is a montlly charge based on your number of contacts.

Thanks! Chef Success is such a great resource!

Don't despair...maybe right now in their life, Pampered Chef is too big a temptation. Mark those people down (especially if you know they normally like PC) and when the new catalog comes out it in the fall, you include them again. If they unsubscribe that time, let it go. A lot of people just hate "junk mail" and if they are using a work address, there may be restrictions on what they are allowed to get.

What is the importance of worrying about unsubscribes while building my business?

Worrying about unsubscribes is important because it allows you to track the success and engagement of your email marketing efforts. By monitoring unsubscribes, you can identify areas for improvement and adjust your strategies accordingly.

How can I reduce the number of unsubscribes in my email marketing campaigns?

One way to reduce unsubscribes is by providing valuable and relevant content to your subscribers. Make sure your emails are personalized, engaging, and provide value to your audience. You can also offer the option for subscribers to choose the frequency of emails they receive to avoid overwhelming them.

Is it possible to win back unsubscribed users?

Yes, it is possible to win back unsubscribed users by sending them a re-engagement email. This email should acknowledge their decision to unsubscribe and offer them a compelling reason to resubscribe, such as a special offer or exclusive content.

Should I be concerned about unsubscribes from inactive or unengaged subscribers?

While it is important to monitor unsubscribes from all subscribers, it is especially important to pay attention to those from inactive or unengaged subscribers. These subscribers are not contributing to the success of your business and may be affecting your email deliverability. Consider removing them from your email list to maintain a high engagement rate.

What are some best practices for managing unsubscribes in my email marketing efforts?

Some best practices for managing unsubscribes include making the unsubscribe process easy and visible, providing a clear reason for unsubscribing, and honoring unsubscribe requests promptly. It is also important to regularly review and analyze your unsubscribe data to improve your email marketing strategies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
JAE
  • wadesgirl
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
SpiritdancerIA
  • SusanPC