• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Upset about a Friend's Success with Another Consultant

In summary, Laurie's friend did a cooking show for a consultant and Laurie is upset because her friend's sales are low and she is doing a catalog show for Laurie instead.
abrahamlaur
I dont know if this is where i should post this ... but i am sooo mad!

i have a friend that lives in alaska and shes been doing catalog shows for me since i started the business a year ago. well i just found out that she had a cooking show in feb with a consultant up there and got a 900 dollar show!!!!!!

i understand you get more sales from cooking shows, but COME ON!!! shes been with me for a year and now shes doing shows for another consultant, booking off of her, having people book of her ... it just doesnt seem fair at all!!! i'm SOOOO hurt! :confused:

and now that shes doing a catalog show for me now ... shes struggling to get 150 in sales! why is it that i have the hardest time getting sales and then she goes and does 900 dollars with another consultant!

Aww, Laurie, I'm sorry. <<<Big hug!>>>She shouldn't be struggling to reach $150 for you. However, I can't say I blame her for choosing a local consultant for a live show and her friends' bookings. I have family that lives out of state. They have local consultants. It just makes sense.

Laurie,

I understand your frustration. I moved from KY to GA 3 yrs ago. I'm too far away to pop back up and do cooking shows with my past hosts. I've done a few but can't do it on a regular basis. Alaska is even farther!! I'd be more upset if she did a CATALOG show with another consultant. :eek:

i know that it makes sence for her to have a cooking show with another consultant, and she originally booked off of a friends show so she could get the next months host special. i understand that .. but for her to do $900 dollars in sales??!! all of the cooking shows i've done with her have been like 150 ... its like she doesnt try with me, but with this other lady she just went all out ya know? it just really hurts

Cooking shows vs Catalog shows are VERY VERY different.

Your friend didn't do the work, the consultant did.

I do understand your hurt feelings, though. It seems like your friend let you down a bit.

yeah ... i dont know, maybe i would feel so hurt if my sales were up that high .. she just never told me, i had to find out from looking up her host discount number

Again, I'd be hurt by that. Do you feel comfortable talking with her about it?

It wasn't me, LMAO!!!

Gotta admit, the question did cross my mind. (Though I'm sure you would never intentionally poach a fellow consultant's host.)

gilliandanielle said:
It wasn't me, LMAO!!!

uhh huuh, Sure Gillian....and you probably recruited her too, didn't ya? 'Fess up, girl!

I had a whopping $284 in sales in Feb and 0 recruits- I would have killed for double points on a $900 show!!

It could be that her sales were better here in Alaska because we are so deprived of good shopping, at least I know in my small town we are!!

Sheryl

It has to hurt that she didn't tell you. I just had a very close friend in my neighborhood, that went to a Power Cooking show she was invited to by some other neighbor.

She booked a show off her and bought $100 in products. She was just going to go just to check out the power cooking, but the consultant was VERY effective. Her shows average $1000. I was very hurt that she booked a show through her. But she really wanted for me to go and get some tips for my own shows.

Some consultants just have a special knack with people. This one I think, used to be in high power sales before becoming a consultant. I decided that instead of feeling bad about it, I would work on finding my own knack.

The fact that she was able to have a cooking show and invite people was effective in the high sales. I have people in other states trying to do catalog shows, but it's hard sometimes when you can't be there to direct them.

I know she is your friend and has been doing some great favors for you by having catalog shows for you. That she did a cooking show AND is doing another catalog show for you SHOWS that she is your friend.But you need to be realistic, she lives almost 2,000 miles from you. Hosts generally get tons more free stuff when they had a cooking show than doing catalog shows. Be happy for her that she got all that free stuff!! If she had signed under that other consultant, then I would be hurt, but she lives really far away from you.

Actually I found out last night that the consultant she did it under moved from the area. There arent alot of consultants there so when they do have parties, everyone wants to buy stuff. When I found out the consultant moved I told her she should sign up to be a consultant so she can get all of those shows. She said if i sent her some information on it, she would consider it.

abrahamlaur said:
Actually I found out last night that the consultant she did it under moved from the area. There arent alot of consultants there so when they do have parties, everyone wants to buy stuff. When I found out the consultant moved I told her she should sign up to be a consultant so she can get all of those shows. She said if i sent her some information on it, she would consider it.

Now that's taking lemons and making lemonade! Good luck on your recruiting effort with her!

Lisa

There's that silver lining!

Good luck on a possible new recruit. At that size show she could simply do one show every other month, stay more than active, and on months where we have incentives hold a couple catalog shows or do a few shows instead of 1 every 2 months, and bring in an income.

I understand your frustration but I'm glad something positive came out of this. Good luck on the lead!

Hey - depending on where she lives, maybe Gillian could be her hospitality director! just a thought.

What should I do if my friend starts buying products from another Pampered Chef consultant?

First, try to understand why your friend made the switch. Did they have a specific product or experience that they enjoyed from the other consultant? Next, have an open and honest conversation with your friend about how you feel. Express your concerns and ask for their support in continuing to buy from you. Lastly, focus on providing the best customer service and products to all of your clients, including your friend.

How can I compete with another consultant who offers lower prices?

Instead of lowering your prices, focus on highlighting the unique benefits and features of the Pampered Chef products. Remind your clients of the quality and value they receive when they purchase from you. You can also offer special promotions and discounts to loyal customers to show your appreciation.

My friend is now hosting parties with another consultant. What can I do?

Hosting parties with multiple consultants is a common practice in the direct sales industry. Instead of feeling upset, use this as an opportunity to collaborate with the other consultant and offer a wider range of products and services to your friend's guests. This can also help strengthen your relationship with your friend and potentially lead to future business opportunities.

How can I prevent losing more clients to another consultant?

The best way to prevent losing clients is to focus on building strong relationships with them. Stay in touch with your clients and provide excellent customer service. Offer personalized recommendations and follow up with them to see how they are enjoying their products. Remember that it's natural for clients to try out different consultants, so don't take it personally.

What should I do if I feel like my friend is favoring the other consultant over me?

It's important to communicate openly and honestly with your friend about how you feel. Express your concerns and ask for their support in continuing to work with you. Focus on providing the best possible experience for your friend and show them the value you bring as a consultant. Remember to also respect your friend's decision and understand that they may have their own reasons for working with the other consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcsharon1
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PamperedChefDebi
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Kathytnt
  • nikked