• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is hosting a Pampered Chef party worth the stress and frustration?

In summary, the host is having trouble with their first party and they are stressed out. They don't think that their show will make or break their business, but they are hoping that more people will come. They would like to stress the importance of getting their guests lists and practicing their host coaching.
vhadley
:eek: I'm just starting out and I'm having my grand opening party this Friday. I only have a handful of people coming (who are also having shows with me this month) so I know they won't be ordering anything. I've had a couple of people say now that I'm selling Pampered Chef, they'll just wait and place an order closer to Christmas! Those people usually ordered a lot of products at my parties! UGH! Then to top all of that off, my friends and family (the ones doing the shows) won't return my emails for their guests names and addresses, just keep saying I'll get it tomorrow, well it's been a week! I ask every few days because I don't want to aggravate them to death, but this is ridiculous! Is it because it is family and friends, or are all hosts like this?? I'm just too stressed and I haven't even had my 1st party! I've spent hours trying to read on here and print out nice things to include in the hosts packets and I just think I'm wasting my time! I think I'm getting all nervous and stressed because I really want to succeed at this. I really want to hit that $1250 goal to get my website!

I understand your frustration............and I'm sorry you are having troubles so early. However, (and I'm sure my story is quite different from most) I had never had my own show before I signed up to sell and I never had a grand opening show. In fact, I had my first show about three years ago - and I've been a part time consultant for 13 years! My own shows are always worse than my regular shows. I have a really hard time being the host and the consultant - it stresses me out because I feel like people are thinking "wow, she already gets paid when I order and now she wants the host benefits too" But that's just me. Lots of consultants do their own show a couple times a year and have a great time and turn out.

Your grand opening show will not make or break your business. And as for the hosts you are having trouble with. I would so much rather have a show with a complete stranger than with a friend. I have a really hard time host coaching my friends and family. I don't guarantee that every host is going to get right back to you, but they aren't going to be as obvious about not working on their shows. Just tell your hosts how excited you are about their shows and how thankful you are that they are willing to help you out by hosting your first shows for you. Then make sure they know the more people they have at their show, the more it will help you broaden your contact list. With most hosts you make everything about them. With your first hosts, which is usually your friends and family who really are having their show mostly to help you out with your new business, make it about you and how much they are helping you and what they need to do to help you most. Be specific - "you know, the thing that will be the most beneficial is if you have several people from different social circles. That way more people are likely to book shows" Most people are willing to help you if you just tell them what you need.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Don't count your eggs before they hatch!! You don't know that those who come to your party won't buy anything.For those people who won't get your guests lists, try to "practice" your host coaching on them. Make sure to stress the fact that the invites need to go out 2 weeks before their party and that you need time to work on them.As far as your host packets, keep them simple!! The more things you add the less they read. I only put in recruiting information from HO, a few extra invitations, recipe choices, host/guest specials, catalogs and order forms.

1st hang in there, family and friends can sometimes be hard to work with. 2nd, you do not have to wait to hit $1250 to get your website you can get it now and pay for it. When you reach $1250 you can add 90 days free to the end of your subscription.

You have to give them the Why are they doing this. I would speak with your Host(family) and tell them that you really want their show to be a success. You want them to be really well rewarded for cleaning their kitchen and bathroom for the day. Also tell them that you do not want them to be your only customers in your business and this is why you are asking for the guest list and asking them to fill it up big with everyone they know who eat. If they invite everyone who eats and and encourage their friends to bring a friend (that you do not know), you will never have to ask them again to host a party. You will remind them how appreciative you are of them doing this for your business and helping you get started.

I hope this helps and don't get discouraged.

Oh, yeah! Host packets - keep them simple. I only put in a quick list for them to read - I think it's six steps to a successful show. And then I put in the recruiting coupon that you can get off consultants corner (I think it's still there - does anyone know if it was updated?). I put in 4 catalogs and one is specifically marked as the hosts catalog and has the host special stapled to the front. And some outside order forms. Nothing flashy.

Another thing you might want to think about are your invitations. I always try to find out a little about the people my host plans to invite. That way I will know if I should insist on mailing her invites or give her invites to hand out. We are military - I've found that if my host is military and actually lives on post, most of the time the show is better if I let her just hand out her invitations. If my host is not military and lives out in the local city it is usually better for me to mail her invites. I know you hear and read a lot about doing their invitations for them. That isn't set in stone and really is going to depend on your host. You have to figure out what works for you.

Thank you! I'm sorry to be all negative on here, I just thought you all would understand! I just wish my friends would've said no to hosting a show instead of draggin it on like this and not responding, KWIM? It's not like I begged them to do one, I just simply asked and they said yes! Don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful, just frustrated :)

Oh, I forgot to say that I can't afford my website right now. In the past 4 weeks we had the alternator go out in the car and also the rotors and brakes changed out, ugh! So our tiny emergency fund got wiped out real quick! I was lucky to buy my kit!

You don't have to do the invitations for the hosts. I know lots of consultants do it that way, but I personally have only done it once and I don't think it made much of a difference.

As far as your grand opening show, I hope it goes well but why not just consider it some "on the job" training for yourself? Don't stress about orders. But, having said that, why don't you tell your family & friends you'll have a special treat for anyone bringing a friend with them. Then make the "treat" something that fits your tight budget. Doesn't have to be PC if you can't afford to make a supply order for gift items. I went to a thrift store once and found lots of new things really cheap to use for gifts.

How do you get the web site right away? The stuff I read said you had to have a minimum # of sales or shows to get the web site, whether you pay for it or PC does.

KellerCooks said:
How do you get the web site right away? The stuff I read said you had to have a minimum # of sales or shows to get the web site, whether you pay for it or PC does.

You can't accept individual orders until you are qualified with $1250 in sales but you can buy it and use it to accept online orders for shows and let the hosts send invites from it. Even get the newsletter I think. Just no individual orders which includes the outlet. I'm not sure about wedding registry - I think you have to be qualified for that as well.

pcsharon1 said:
You can't accept individual orders until you are qualified with $1250 in sales but you can buy it and use it to accept online orders for shows and let the hosts send invites from it. Even get the newsletter I think. Just no individual orders which includes the outlet. I'm not sure about wedding registry - I think you have to be qualified for that as well.
This is true but you CAN accept individual orders if you set up a show in your own name as host. Then tell people if they want to order online to put your name in as host (I do this even now to help them with shipping - show shipping instead of direct - or if I want to give a discount). In e same manner, set up your shows on there so guests can order online on those shows. No one will be able to order outlet items or HWC items or wedding registries until you hit the $1250 but there are lots of reasons it's a good thing to have the website even without that.

thank you all! I guess in my mind I'm equating a successful grand opening show with a successful business. I will keep trying to get people to attend and hope for the best!

1. Why do I keep burning my food?

There could be a few reasons for this. First, make sure you are using the correct temperature and cooking time for the recipe. Also, check that your oven or stovetop is calibrated correctly. Sometimes, using a timer can help you keep track of the cooking time and prevent burning.

2. How can I prevent my food from sticking to the pan?

Using a non-stick pan or cooking spray can help prevent sticking. You can also try using a little bit of oil or butter in the pan before cooking. Make sure the pan is heated before adding your food, as this can help create a barrier between the food and the pan.

3. Why does my kitchen always end up a mess when I cook?

Cooking can be messy, but there are a few things you can do to keep your kitchen cleaner. Try to clean as you go by washing dishes and wiping down surfaces while your food is cooking. Also, use a garbage bowl or bag to collect scraps and trash as you cook, instead of leaving them on the counter.

4. How do I know which kitchen tools are essential?

It ultimately depends on your cooking style and the types of dishes you like to make. However, some essential kitchen tools that most cooks find useful include a good set of knives, cutting boards, measuring cups and spoons, mixing bowls, and a variety of cooking utensils.

5. What can I do to make meal prep faster and easier?

One way to make meal prep faster is to use a food processor or chopper to quickly chop vegetables and ingredients. You can also try meal prepping in advance by cooking larger batches of food and portioning them out for future meals. Using kitchen gadgets, like a slow cooker or pressure cooker, can also help cut down on cooking time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cookingwithlove
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBevShu
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies