1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Theme Show I'm so confused

1. Can someone please explain the wedding registry to me? Here is where I am confused:

I thought it was just like a registry at say Target - the registry gets created, the guest buys the item and the item gets shipped to the bride/groom.

I don't understand the whole bridal shower/wedding registry at all. My director has tried to explain it to me and I think I am more confused than I was to start with.

Please help or point me in the right direction for some help.

Sandy

Jun 11, 2009
  2. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

Showers and registries are two separate things. A registry is just as you thought. Set up registry, guests purchase gifts, Bride/Groom receive gifts.

A Bridal Shower is a fancy spin on a cooking show. The guests buy gifts for the Bride/Groom (and they can also buy for themselves to boost sales), and often the Host gives the Host Benefits to the couple too.

While you can use the Registry list to show the guests what items the couple would like, a purchase cannot be credited towards both. Either it is an order on a Bridal Shower and counts towards the Host benefits, or it is a purchase off the registry and counts towards the Registry Rewards.

Does that help?

Jun 11, 2009
  3. But the registry rewards are basically the same thing as the hostess rewards - she gets free products based on the sales from her registry. And her registry is set up on my personal website right?

Jun 11, 2009
  4. NooraK

Right.

(dang minimum post length)

Jun 11, 2009
  5. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Noora this is a great explanation!

6. Thank you guys so much. I think I finally get it. Now, I just have to go find some brides.:D

Jun 11, 2009
  7. One question along these lines. If an item is purchased at the shower is there a way to remove it from the registry so the bride doesn't get two of the item in question? I understand that the shower and registery are two seperate things.

Jul 14, 2009
  8. NooraK

You can access the registries as a consultant through CC and add or delete items.

Jul 14, 2009
  9. You can go in as the consultant and edit the wedding registry. I did this after the bridal shower. It's amazing, once I clicked that she had gotten some items, others started coming in. I'm not sure if people were hesitant to order first or what.

10. Thank you! this info is very helpful.

Venessa :eek:

Jul 15, 2009
Have something to add?