• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Confused About Wedding Registries? Sandy's Guide to Understanding

In summary, a wedding registry is a list of items that the bride and groom would like their guests to buy for them. A bridal shower is a fancy spin on a cooking show where the guests buy gifts for the bride-to-be and often the host provides benefits to the couple. The registry rewards are basically the same thing as the hostess rewards - she gets free products based on the sales from her registry.
sandyculver
Can someone please explain the wedding registry to me? Here is where I am confused:

I thought it was just like a registry at say Target - the registry gets created, the guest buys the item and the item gets shipped to the bride/groom.

I don't understand the whole bridal shower/wedding registry at all. My director has tried to explain it to me and I think I am more confused than I was to start with.

Please help or point me in the right direction for some help.

Sandy

Showers and registries are two separate things. A registry is just as you thought. Set up registry, guests purchase gifts, Bride/Groom receive gifts.

A Bridal Shower is a fancy spin on a cooking show. The guests buy gifts for the Bride/Groom (and they can also buy for themselves to boost sales), and often the Host gives the Host Benefits to the couple too.

While you can use the Registry list to show the guests what items the couple would like, a purchase cannot be credited towards both. Either it is an order on a Bridal Shower and counts towards the Host benefits, or it is a purchase off the registry and counts towards the Registry Rewards.

Does that help?

But the registry rewards are basically the same thing as the hostess rewards - she gets free products based on the sales from her registry. And her registry is set up on my personal website right?

Right.

(dang minimum post length)

Noora this is a great explanation!

Thank you guys so much. I think I finally get it. Now, I just have to go find some brides.:D

One question along these lines. If an item is purchased at the shower is there a way to remove it from the registry so the bride doesn't get two of the item in question? I understand that the shower and registery are two seperate things.

You can access the registries as a consultant through CC and add or delete items.

Sing4Him1977 said:
One question along these lines. If an item is purchased at the shower is there a way to remove it from the registry so the bride doesn't get two of the item in question? I understand that the shower and registery are two seperate things.

You can go in as the consultant and edit the wedding registry. I did this after the bridal shower. It's amazing, once I clicked that she had gotten some items, others started coming in. I'm not sure if people were hesitant to order first or what.

Saturday Gourmet said:
You can go in as the consultant and edit the wedding registry. I did this after the bridal shower. It's amazing, once I clicked that she had gotten some items, others started coming in. I'm not sure if people were hesitant to order first or what.

Thank you! this info is very helpful.

Venessa :eek:

1. What is the purpose of a wedding registry?

A wedding registry is a list of desired gifts that a couple creates to help guide their wedding guests in purchasing gifts for them. It allows the couple to receive gifts that they actually want and need, while also preventing duplicate or unwanted gifts.

2. How do I create a wedding registry?

To create a wedding registry, you can either visit a physical store or use an online registry service. Pampered Chef offers a convenient online registry service where you can browse and add items to your registry, as well as manage and track gifts received.

3. How many items should I add to my wedding registry?

It is recommended to have a variety of items on your wedding registry to give your guests options and accommodate different budgets. However, it is important to not go overboard and only add items that you truly want and need.

4. Can I add items from different stores to my wedding registry?

Yes, with Pampered Chef's online registry service, you can add items from multiple stores to your registry. This allows you to create a diverse list of gifts that fit your style and needs.

5. Is it okay to register for expensive items?

While it is acceptable to add some higher-priced items to your wedding registry, it is important to also include a range of prices to accommodate all budgets. You can also consider adding group gifting options for larger or more expensive items to make it more affordable for your guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• darlinclem
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
darlinclem
Replies
Views
JennyJennJen
  • yankfan24
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies