• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are My Parents Going to Be Okay?

In summary, My parents were in a terrible accident last night. While I was at my big (35-40 confirmed) party last night, I received a phone call from my DH (he NEVER calls me when I'm at a party), my brother called and said Mom and Dad were in a BAD accident. They airlifted my Mom to the local trama hospital. My Dad was taken via ambulance to the same hospital. I dropped everything...and left ~ I'll have to go back to the hostess' house later and get all my stuff. Driving home was the worst ~ Not knowing what happened, being air-lifted~is she alive? Well,
Kitchen2u
My parents were in a terrible accident last night. While I was at my big (35-40 confirmed) party last night, I received a phone call from my DH (he NEVER calls me when I'm at a party), my brother called and said Mom and Dad were in a BAD accident. They airlifted my Mom to the local trama hospital. My Dad was taken via ambulance to the same hospital.

I dropped everything...and left ~ I'll have to go back to the hostess' house later and get all my stuff. Driving home was the worst ~ Not knowing what happened, being air-lifted~is she alive?

Well, she's hanging in...Dad's okay, released early this morning (3 AM). Haven't been able to talk to my Mom's Dr. yet so all I know is she is having difficulty breathing...I don't know anything as of now. I tried to call the Dr this morning, but no luck. I brought my Dad (he wanted to come home...I would have stayed~my brother and 2 sisters stayed instead) home to get some rest...and stayed with him.

What happened: They got rear-ended on the freeway, shoved them into the end of a 18-wheeler...not good. He and I are going to where the car is to take a look. Dad keeps telling me "I hope you're ready to see it, Gin."

Sad part is Dad thinks it's his fault. He's walking around here saying "I messed up Gin." DADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD what dod YOU do? NOTHING! It's not YOUR fault! I'm sure it's because he really didn't sleep much...we both were up most of the night.

It took some time to figure out where the car is. We're going to wash up and go see the car/move it to where Dad wants it, then go over and see Mom...your prayers are very MUCH appreciated!

OMG gosh, Gin. You know I got you covered.

Oh, Ginny, you, your parents, and the rest of the family are in my prayers.

I wil also be praying for you all. Very sorry to hear this.

Ginny that is just horrible news. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Oh how terrible!! Hang in there girl, you and your family are in my prayers.

OMG Ginny...I am so sorry. Your parents and the rest of your family are in my prayers. Please keep us posted a syou can.

Oh wow, I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope your mom recovers well. I'll be keeping you all in my prayers.

Oh my Ginny - praying for your family and that your mom gets better! (Dad too of course!)

Oh Ginny, I"m so sorry and your parents and your emotional support are in my prayers.

Please keep us posted.

Oh Ginny, I hope all will be well soon!

Your family needs to catch a break!

prayers, prayers, and more prayers coming your way ginny

How awful, I hope your mom is all right. I'm praying for your mom and family. Please keep us updated.

Prayers are headed your way, Ginny. I hope your mother recovers quickly.

Lots of hugs your way - my thoughts are with you..........

Oh Ginny NO! Hugs girl, HUGE ones! And you and your family are in my prayers. Please keep us posted!

Ginny, God bless you and your family and I pray for a quick and complete recovery.

Prayers to you and your family!! Keep the faith!

I'm praying! Keep us updated, you know our love and prayers are with you and your whole family!

More prayers for you and your family. Please keep us updated and know you will be praying continually.

Oh my gosh, I pray your Mom will be okay! Please keep us posted.

Oh...Dear Lord! I pray that your Mom does well and that you are updated and able to see her soon! I will keep your Dad in prayer...and all of your family! The Lord will get you all through this...

{{{HUGS}}}

Prayers for you & your family. May God bless you & keep you strong through all of this!

Oh Ginny!!! Prayers, Hugs and strength being sent your way - please keep us updated when you can and know we are all there for you!!!

Ginny, {{{{{{HUGS}}}}} I am praying for your mom and all of you. What a scary thing to have to go through. Was everyone else okay?

We're all here for you.

Hugs and prayers.
Hope by now you have news on your mom and its good

Ginny, I'll keep you & your family in my prayers. Please keep us posted on your mom's condition.

Ginny,
I will be praying for your parents and for strength for you.

Holy cow! I will certainly pray for your Mom- and Dad...and you! Prayers and hugs!!!

Anyone hear any news yet? I hope Ginny's mom is getting better!

Ginny,
I will be praying for you and your family and mom and dad. Let us know how they are doing. God Bless

Prayers are being said. I hope you're able to update us soon. I pray for you and your parents and family and the doctors and nursing.

Still more prayers coming your way, Ginny. Big, big hugs!!!

PRAYING HARD FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY! THAT IS JUST TERRIBLE! Please keep us posted. We are all prayers warriors here so you don't need to worry about that!

Thoughts and prayers for your family!

Thanks everyone...I'm an emotional reck...just got home.

Mom's in a coma, which for right now, it may be the best thing for her. 18 broken bones (back, both arms in several places, both legs in several places, feet, skull, neck and the list goes on), concussion (that was a no brainer), took her spleen, sever damage to the liver, kidneys and one collasped lung...pretty much in surgery most of today...plates and pins all throughout her body. She coded in the helicopter on the way to the hospital 3 times...and again one more time on the table...keep your prayers coming...Mom just turned 76 this past June 3rd.

I ran into the Dr in the hallway and asked her professional opinion about what she thought the outcome would be...bottom line ~ did she think she would make it through this...asked her not to hold back, give it to me like it is. Her answer was she has a 30%-40% of coming through with the extensive injuries. :cry: :cry: I know that's a better percentage than 30% or 20% ~ but I was hoping more for 50%-60%. I didn't have the heart to relay this info to my Dad, brother or sisters.

THENNNNNNNNNNNNN ~ I get a phone call from my Uncle. My Auntie Rose (brain tumor, Mom's oldest sister) is back in the hospital. She's not doing well at all. They've admitted her in the hospital because her behavior got VERY voilent at home. They "hoping" it's the meds causing this...she'll be 85 in Dec.

This isn't fair...when is my family going to get a break?

Again...thanks to allllllllllllll of you for your kind thoughts and prayers. I REALLY believe in the power of prayer ~ and with all of your prayers ~ I KNOW Mom and Auntie Rose will come through...well, I hope!

Goodnight...I'm on "shift" at the hospital with Mom at 3AM...so I'm going to try to get a couple of hours of shut eye...if I can.

Ginny,
I'll add them both to our prayer list tomorrow in Sunday school

BethCooks4U said:
Ginny, {{{{{{HUGS}}}}} Was everyone else okay?

We're all here for you.

Like I said, Dad's fine. Nothing wrong, not even sore today. The guy who rear-ended Mom/Dad was drunk...not hurt, not one scratch. Truck driver fine, truck fine too. Just Mom...

Oh Ginny....more prayers coming your way!

So sorry to hear this. My prayers are with you and your family.

Continuing to pray for your mom and your family for strength!

Ginny, so sorry to hear this! I'll be thinking of your family...keep us updated when you can. {{hugs}}

My prayers are with you and your Family. I hope things are better today....

More prayers coming your way. Stay strong!

My prayers are with you...

My prayers are with you and your family!

Wow, I am so sorry. I will be praying for your mom (& whole family).

Unfortunately, I sort of know how you're feeling. I lost my dad in a car accident 9 years ago. :( It's terrifying.

PrayerFather, in the name of Jesus, I come before You asking You to heal Ginny's mother. It is written that the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise them up. You are the author of Life and that you do not make people sick- Stan has come to steal, kill and destroy and we bind his actions and plans against Ginny's mother in the name of Jesus now.

Father we let go of all unforgiveness, resentment, anger and bad feelings toward anyone. Ginny's mother's body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, and we desire for her to be in good health. We seek truth that will make her free-both spiritual and natural. Thank You, Father, for sending Your Word to heal Ginny's mom and deliver her from all destruction. Jesus, You are the Word Who became flesh and dwelt among us. You bore our griefs, pains, and carried or sorrows and sickness. You were pierced through for our transgressions and crushed for our iniquities, the chastening for our wellbeing fell upon You, and by Your stripes We are healed- and so is Ginny's Mom!

Father, we give attention to Your words and incline our ears to Your sayings. We will not let them depart from our sight, but we will keep them in the midst of our hearts for they are life and health to our bodies. We pray healing over Ginny's mother and the healing blood of Jesus to wash over her body and make her whole again. We believe because it is written and praise and thank You, Lord for Your promises and Your Word, and the powerful transformation that is taking place in Ginny's mother right now- Praise You, Hallejuiah!

In Jesus' Name- Amen!

Wow! I cannot believe this happened! I do pray that your mom has a quick and speedy recovery! I do have to add that I always keep my phone on silent during my shows but it is my only phone so everyone calls me on it. Good thing you had your phone on!

I'm praying for your mom and your family. I pray that God's hand be on her and comfort her in this time. I believe God can heal her. A lady from our church had a really bad accident last September, had broken almost every bone in her body, and that lady was walking the halls of vbs praying for our kids this past week as we had our classes. I know God has the power to heal your mom. He is the great physician.

<H2>1. What should I do if my parents were in a terrible accident?</H2><p>If your parents were in a terrible accident, the first thing you should do is remain calm. It can be a very overwhelming and emotional experience, but staying calm will help you handle the situation better. Make sure your parents receive proper medical attention and follow any instructions from the medical professionals.</p><H2>2. How do I handle the emotions of not knowing what happened to my parents after an accident?</H2><p>Not knowing what happened to your parents after an accident can be a very difficult and emotional experience. It's important to find someone to talk to, whether it's a friend, family member, or even a therapist. Expressing your emotions and talking through your thoughts can help you cope with the situation.</p><H2>3. What should I do if my parents are in different hospitals after an accident?</H2><p>If your parents are in different hospitals after an accident, it's important to prioritize their medical needs. Make sure both hospitals are aware of the situation and have all the necessary information. You may need to divide your time between the two hospitals to provide support and updates to each parent.</p><H2>4. How can I support my parents after they have been in an accident?</H2><p>After your parents have been in an accident, the best way to support them is to be there for them. Offer emotional support, help with any necessary tasks, and communicate with medical professionals on their behalf. It's also important to take care of yourself and get the support you need during this difficult time.</p><H2>5. What can I do if my parent blames themselves for the accident?</H2><p>If your parent blames themselves for the accident, it's important to reassure them that it was not their fault. Remind them that accidents happen and they are not to blame. Offer support and understanding, and encourage them to focus on their recovery rather than dwelling on what happened. Seek outside help if necessary to help your parent cope with any feelings of guilt or self-blame.</p>

1. What should I do if my parents were in a terrible accident?

If your parents were in a terrible accident, the first thing you should do is remain calm. It can be a very overwhelming and emotional experience, but staying calm will help you handle the situation better. Make sure your parents receive proper medical attention and follow any instructions from the medical professionals.

2. How do I handle the emotions of not knowing what happened to my parents after an accident?

Not knowing what happened to your parents after an accident can be a very difficult and emotional experience. It's important to find someone to talk to, whether it's a friend, family member, or even a therapist. Expressing your emotions and talking through your thoughts can help you cope with the situation.

3. What should I do if my parents are in different hospitals after an accident?

If your parents are in different hospitals after an accident, it's important to prioritize their medical needs. Make sure both hospitals are aware of the situation and have all the necessary information. You may need to divide your time between the two hospitals to provide support and updates to each parent.

4. How can I support my parents after they have been in an accident?

After your parents have been in an accident, the best way to support them is to be there for them. Offer emotional support, help with any necessary tasks, and communicate with medical professionals on their behalf. It's also important to take care of yourself and get the support you need during this difficult time.

5. What can I do if my parent blames themselves for the accident?

If your parent blames themselves for the accident, it's important to reassure them that it was not their fault. Remind them that accidents happen and they are not to blame. Offer support and understanding, and encourage them to focus on their recovery rather than dwelling on what happened. Seek outside help if necessary to help your parent cope with any feelings of guilt or self-blame.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chefstover2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jean DeVries
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • itsjustCarla