• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Disappointing Level 2 Incentive Products | Limited Value for $1250 in Sales

I bust my bootie to get even above $1000 some months. This is what I saw, and prices:Outdoor Serving Set: $7Microfiber towel/dishcloth set: $12.50Cookware protectors: $9.50Medium Sheet pan: $13.50Chef's Small spoon: $10Micro scraper: $11.50Pinch Bowl Set: $15Total retail value: $79Spring 2007 retail value: more than $140.
sailortena
With the actual products we are getting with Level 2 incentive (1500 in sales).

The promotion flier said we would be getting more than $100 worth of products, and what we are getting doesn't even meet that retail wise! I have made this level in two other Sell-A-Thons and we got more products when the selling level was lower. $1250 in sales.

I am not one of those people who ever has a $3000 month since I sell part time, and bust my bootie to get even above $1000 some months.

This is what I saw, and prices:
Outdoor Serving Set: $7
Microfiber towel/dishcloth set: $12.50
Cookware protectors: $9.50
Medium Sheet pan: $13.50
Chef's Small spoon: $10
Micro scraper: $11.50
Pinch Bowl Set: $15
Total retail value: $79

Spring 2007 retail value: more than $140.

I know it seems like I am whining, but that's how I feel.

I hadn't added it up yet, and to be honest I really haven't read the list either. Someting must be missing......

The product values used for SAT are always retail, not sample prices.

Edited to add: OK, the $110 indicated includes the 3 items that were "submit 2 shows."

Last edited:
To me last year just seemed more exciting when I opened up a huge box with all the items in it plus the trifle bowl. I don't know, maybe I am just not all that excited about the spring stuff.The "cookware protectors" seem like a real waste; I don't think they will sell.I like the looks of the greek rub, though. I know I will be getting that 4-piece plate set when samples are available.

I think the cookware protectors would be good to sell to people with the trifle bowls. i currently have towels wrapped around the bottom piece inside of my bowl.

I think the Cookware Protectors will be a hot item! I know a lot of people who have no space to store cookware and have to stack them. Same with stones.

I think the cookware protectors will sell well. I know all of my customers are as anal about keeping their cookware protected as I am. I took a crib-sized mattress protector and cut it up to put between my pans (the heavy waterproof flanel type one, not the quilted kind). Works great!

I'm really looking forward to the cookware protectors. My kitchen space is limited, so I have to stack all of my cookware. Using paper towels gets too wasteful because they always tear & I have to use new ones.

I so can't wait for the cookware protectors, I use towels now.

I am Thrilled with the new cookware protectors...I was already thinking I need several sets - for cookware, stoneware, & SA! Anyone who has to stack their stuff will love these!

I want to buy more cookware protectors than I earned. We have a huge cupboard that all my cookware is stored in and there still isn't enough room. I currently have both 8" saute pans and 10" stainless saute stacked with the dots towels from last season. On that note, the colored towels are a waste to me. This will be the third set that I have nothing to do with after the season is over. I use the blue towels that match my kitchen. I do always take the towels to my shows to show off the color but I don't think anyone ever buys them!

I think it is WONDERFUL that our company offers us the opportunity to earn ANYTHING for free. I am grateful for anything they give us!

ChefBeckyD said:
I am Thrilled with the new cookware protectors...I was already thinking I need several sets - for cookware, stoneware, & SA! Anyone who has to stack their stuff will love these!
I was thinking the same thing!! I can't wait for them, then I can get rid of the paper towels that I use now.

I always love getting free stuff no matter what it is. I did notice you did not include the products for "submit two shows" in it. I was only expecting 1 product for submitting two shows, so, I am very happy.

I am very excited about the cookware protectors. I have paper towels in between some of mine now and wil love something cute. Those and the small green knife are really all I want to far and the new scrappers.

By the way, we all have our "whiny" days. I have them all the time!:D

sailortena said:
With the actual products we are getting with Level 2 incentive (1500 in sales).

The promotion flier said we would be getting more than $100 worth of products, and what we are getting doesn't even meet that retail wise! I have made this level in two other Sell-A-Thons and we got more products when the selling level was lower. $1250 in sales.

I am not one of those people who ever has a $3000 month since I sell part time, and bust my bootie to get even above $1000 some months.

This is what I saw, and prices:
Outdoor Serving Set: $7
Microfiber towel/dishcloth set: $12.50
Cookware protectors: $9.50
Medium Sheet pan: $13.50
Chef's Small spoon: $10
Micro scraper: $11.50
Pinch Bowl Set: $15
Total retail value: $79

Spring 2007 retail value: more than $140.

I know it seems like I am whining, but that's how I feel.
Honestly, at first I felt the same... I didn't like the entire selection they chose for this level, but had to remind myself it was FREE so I guess I coulnd't complain?? That and I earned $101 for the Dec. Rebate so I get to shop some more FREE for the Sample packs. It seemed like the packs always used to be $140-150 value before. But FREE is FREE!:blushing:

heat123 said:
Honestly, at first I felt the same... I didn't like the entire selection they chose for this level, but had to remind myself it was FREE so I guess I coulnd't complain?? That and I earned $101 for the Dec. Rebate so I get to shop some more FREE for the Sample packs. It seemed like the packs always used to be $140-150 value before. But FREE is FREE!:blushing:
Well, it's not exactly free....it will show-up on your 1099 as additonal income.....but you can also write it off as a business expense - that is if you are planning to take it to a show or two ;)

I was thinking the free products were less then last year too. I was going to check it myself, now I don't have to. I thought the free product value would be closer to $150.

As far as giving us something free for selling - that is for any sales job. These free products will be lugged around to my shows, and touched by a ton of people before I actually use them in my house.

I'm dissapointed as well.

dannyzmom said:
I think it is WONDERFUL that our company offers us the opportunity to earn ANYTHING for free. I am grateful for anything they give us!

So agree. They don't HAVE to give us anything. Remember, they are called bonuses.

I've showed the pics of the cookware protectors to about 6 people now and they all want them NOW!!!!

I joked with Ann in the product room that I was going to pin one to my apron (since it looks like an asterisk) and say that it was my PC disclaimer... so if I messed up anything that night, they should just refer to my asterisk and disclaimer!

For those who are not happy wait until your stuff comes in!!! Maybe after you have had time to "play" with all your new goodies you'll think differently:chef:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissapointed with the products, just the amount.

pampchefrhondab said:

maybe because there were only half of the amount of new products introduced, they scaled back on what we earn. I bet you get excited once your hands are on them! The cookware protectors are just the coolest!

pampchefrhondab said:

Do you remember what it was last time? I don't, I have to check.

chefmeg said:
maybe because there were only half of the amount of new products introduced, they scaled back on what we earn. I bet you get excited once your hands are on them! The cookware protectors are just the coolest!

Maybe that's it Meg. I was surprised when the list came out myself. I was expecting more items to be added to our line up then what was.

I thought it was about $150. I know I will be excited to get them. I'm excited to get anything. The dissapointment comes in when it wasn't the amount it was before. It's like taking a pay cut.

I'm always excited to get my "earned" products. My husband always says it's my "major award" - like on A Christmas Story. It's always so much fun.

Normally they don't add as many new spring products as they do in the fall. Last year was higher than normal with the amount that they added in spring.

dannyzmom said:
I also forgot to mention in my first post, what other DS company gives soo much fREE stuff away!???

Ok I'm probably gonna get slapped here but Cummon People It's a Bonus! It's FREE!!!!! I get so tired of hearing "I don't like the stuff I get Free" We get way more stuff than any othe DS company.

This is why young people these days are so ungrateful for everything they have. Does anyone appreciate anything anymore!

BTW: I missed the level 1 by $46 I know I could have put the $ in myself to make it but I just did not have it at the time. I am totally bummed I did not get the new stuff. I usually at least hit level 1. So please be happy with what you do have!

end rant....

Well said Paulette! And all the people said......AMEN!!

etteluap70PC said:
Ok I'm probably gonna get slapped here but Cummon People It's a Bonus! It's FREE!!!!! I get so tired of hearing "I don't like the stuff I get Free" We get way more stuff than any othe DS company.

This is why young people these days are so ungrateful for everything they have. Does anyone appreciate anything anymore!

BTW: I missed the level 1 by $46 I know I could have put the $ in myself to make it but I just did not have it at the time. I am totally bummed I did not get the new stuff. I usually at least hit level 1. So please be happy with what you do have!

end rant....

Bummer you missed Level one!!!

I can't wait to get my stuff, I made it to Level 3. I've never made sell-a-thon before, and don't really care what I get:D

pamperedlinda said:
I just love free!

Free.....It's like music to my ears:sing:

rennea said:
I can't wait to get my stuff, I made it to Level 3. I've never made sell-a-thon before, and don't really care what I get:D

How exciting! Getting those Free products is like Christmas!

etteluap70PC said:
How exciting! Getting those Free products is like Christmas!

I even cleaned out my cupboards two weekends ago just waiting for the new stuff. I didn't know what was coming and didn't even really care. HA!!:D

rennea said:
Free.....It's like music to my ears:sing:
Everytime FedEx delivers boxes for me DH asks if that is something we paid for or that I earned? LOL For some reason he likes the stuff I earn more than what I buy!

Some people aren't happy?!Free is free is FREE! HO can't make everyone happy...BUT IT IS FREE PRODUCT!!! AKA...YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO PAY FOR THEM! WOW - WHAT A DEAL!!! Plus you are going to have them WAY in advance to 'tease' customers as use them to get bookings for March onwards!

This is the way I think of it: It's like Christmas ALL over again! I am SUPER SUPER pumped and CAN'T WAIT to get my stuff!

???Has the company SPOILED us so much?...that we are complaining about the F-R-E-E product that we get???

Idea: for the free product you earned, but aren't happy with/don't want, why not run a Host Promotion? "Host a Show between now and Feb. 29 and be entered to win for a prize! Valued at $XX.XX!"

rennea said:
I so can't wait for the cookware protectors, I use towels now.

I use paper plates and have for years, so I am excited about them too.

cookinmama said:
I use paper plates and have for years, so I am excited about them too.
I've got paperplates under my iron skillets!

UR invited over to my house!....Come over to my house (Kids ages 2 and 1) and see HOW excited THEY get! It is HARD for a person to NOT be excited after seeing them clap their hands, and dance around because it is SOMETHING NEW! :)

stefani2 said:
Idea: for the free product you earned, but aren't happy with/don't want, why not run a Host Promotion? "Host a Show between now and Feb. 29 and be entered to win for a prize! Valued at $XX.XX!"

Good idea Jenna. Of course anybody who doesn't want anything they got could pass it along to fellew cheffers who didn't make the sell-o-thon.

(sorry I'm greedy and not giving any of mine up;) )

I think some people are forgetting that a bonus is exactly that extra. The definition according to Meriam-Webster is "something in addition to what is expected".
Did anyone see the movie Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase? He expected his bonus to be money and alot of it. So he pre-ordered a pool and then his bonus came in and it wasn't money. He was mad at the company instead of himself for expecting more or anything for that matter.
End of rant!
I am happy for level 1 that is products instead of a product! :)

Have I got a DEAL FOR YOU!!!I have solved UR problem! I will personally take the unwanted Spring products off YOUR hands - no charge to YOU, of course! What a great deal, hey?!

j/k....bad sense of humor, I know.........

anyone else willing to offer this dealRennea,

R U up for offering our fellow Cheffers this INCREDIBLE deal, as well?????

ok...enough of my jokin' around.

I have offered unwanted products before as incentive. If it is something I know I am not going to use, I will leave it in the package. Then one month when I am wanting to boost sales or shows, I will hold a monthly drawing for all host a chance to earn it or offer it for the host with the highest sales for the month.It is amazing how host will work for some small prize,

But then I am the same way when I host something!!! HAHA!:D I am doing a shhow now for something that if I get to $600 she will buy me a thermal tote that jsut came out - I am $100 away and working on people to order! Is you want to know what my show is PM me and I will send you the info to help me out!!! :love: !!!

Original PostThe original post was about being disappointed (the TOTAL PRODUCT VALUE is LESS than originally stated by HO)...

...we all got of-course....sorry and I hope no ones feelings were hurt by some of us who were just kiddin' around.

- Jenna

stefani2 said:
The original post was about being disappointed (the TOTAL PRODUCT VALUE is LESS than originally stated by HO)...

...we all got of-course....sorry and I hope no ones feelings were hurt by some of us who were just kiddin' around.

- Jenna

People's feelings would probably be hurt if their thread did not get hijacked as much as it happens around here!!HAHA!:D

The list seems to be correct but it is missing the level 1 products which will make up the difference in dollar amount. I was a little disappointed in what they picked for the level, but it is free and I can give away what I don't want. It is just 1 less package I have to buy to get the items I actually want from it. I always have to buy a lot of packages to get the items I want and there is always several items in each that I don't want. Use them for gifts or incentives...or sell them to another consultant or customer.

how to advertiseWhat is a good way to advertise giving one of the Sell-a-thon products away to a Host?

"Win a NEW Spring product when you Host your Show between now and (date)?"

I am new to PC. I don't really underastand what you all are talking about with levels and free products. Can somebody explain to me how much and when you had to sell to earn the differnet levels. i just started in December.
Thank you.

We have Sell A Thon two times a year for the New Seasonal products. Last year it was Nov I think for Spring Products, June is usually SAT for Fall Products. We get FREE products based on levels sold! Usually starting at $1500-6000 Levels. I hope that helps?

pamperedlinda said:
Everytime FedEx delivers boxes for me DH asks if that is something we paid for or that I earned? LOL For some reason he likes the stuff I earn more than what I buy!
LOL! Same with my husband! He'll often say, how much did it cost us, and I squeal like a little school girl "free!" then he says "well, you can't beat free!" But then he always has to follow that up with "but where the heck are you going to put it!!??" I can't believe how I manage to work PC stuff into my kitchen all the time! :eek: :p :D

<h2>What are the 5 most frequently asked questions about "Disappointing Level 2 Incentive Products?</h2><p>1. Why are the products included in the Level 2 incentive not meeting the promised value of $100 or more?</p><p>2. In previous Sell-A-Thons with lower sales levels, we received more products. Why is it different for this $1250 sales level?</p><p>3. Is it true that the total retail value of the products included in the Level 2 incentive is only $79?</p><p>4. How does the current promotion compare to the Spring 2007 promotion, which had a retail value of over $140?</p><p>5. As a part-time seller, it's difficult for me to reach the $3000 sales level. Will there be more valuable incentives for lower sales levels in the future?</p>

What are the 5 most frequently asked questions about "Disappointing Level 2 Incentive Products?

1. Why are the products included in the Level 2 incentive not meeting the promised value of $100 or more?

2. In previous Sell-A-Thons with lower sales levels, we received more products. Why is it different for this $1250 sales level?

3. Is it true that the total retail value of the products included in the Level 2 incentive is only $79?

4. How does the current promotion compare to the Spring 2007 promotion, which had a retail value of over $140?

5. As a part-time seller, it's difficult for me to reach the $3000 sales level. Will there be more valuable incentives for lower sales levels in the future?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedtracy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kathytnt
  • Denise K
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Denise K
  • deanna_g