• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I'm on Board the Director Express!

In summary, Becky started a thread for accountability for 2009-2010. She spoke with her DH about the commitment they would need to make to the program and booked three more shows for May. She is working on her belief in herself and her prospecting skills. She would like her title back and would like to walk at conference.
NooraK
Gold Member
Becky started a fabulous thread for accountability for 2009-2010. I've really enjoyed taking part in it, and plan to continue doing so.

Last weekend I went to Knoxville, TN and took part in the Director Express training. I really want to implement this program in my business, and to do that, I need some accountability. So I decided to start a thread specifically for accountability and tracking for the program.

I don't want to take time in this thread to go over what was covered in the program. Not because I want to be elitist or anything, but because it's just a lot of information, and writing it out really won't give you the same effect as actually going to the training.

I'd like to invite anyone who has been to Director Express to join and post your progress!

Awesome!!!! I am so excited. I will be going in two weeks to the one in Houston. Can't wait to be a part of this encouragement and accountability.
Thanks Noora!!!!!

When I got home on Sunday, I spoke to my DH about the commitment we'd need to make (he is unofficially and officially my Business Manager :)) to this program. I spoke to him about some of my concerns, and we went over the monetary investment we'd have to make to get started (buying the mini catalogs, postage etc for host coaching). We decided to go for it, and I submitted a Supply Order last night to order enough mini catalogs to cover at least 8 shows.

I know that the 90 days should start as soon as possible, but my May calendar is very bare, and I want to give myself just a bit of time to book some shows, so I'm looking at this in the context of the next three calendar months. I currently have one show scheduled for the 22nd, and I had given my host my normal host packet prior to going to DE, which includes postcard invitations with info labels. I will have to get with her about sending invitations for her.

I have another friend who is interested in hosting, and we had tried to schedule the show for April, but our dates didn't mesh (she was available last Saturday when I was in TN). We're currently looking at the 15th.

That's two shows, which means I need to book 6 more. I've never had that many shows on my calendar at once, not to even think about in one month. And this is where my biggest road block comes in. One of the first handouts talked about beliefs, and how important they are to your motivation, actions and results. While my belief in the company is at a 10, my belief in myself is very low, I rated myself a 3. I'm working on that by listening to Tammy Stanley's CDs, and I may have to pick up some other books from the library.

I also need to work on my prospecting skills. I have to stop listening to the excuses I give myself for not finding time to go out, and just make the time. One suggestion DH had was to stop at the park with DS on the way home each day. Since he now gets off work at 5 PM, he can do dinner while we go play for a bit. We'll have to try that and see if anyone else is at the park at that time of day.

I'll update you all later with more of my progress! :D

YEA! Noora! It's exciting to see you taking the next steps. I wish you the best as you take on this challenge!:thumbup:

I'm committed too Noora!

On Friday I had only 1 show booked for May. My new goal is 10....yesterday I booked 3 more.

I want my title back and I want a red ribbon at conference in July!

Count me in!!! I'm going for it! :)
I attended DE last Saturday in Denver and I really want to makes this happen. Since I've taken the training I've added 4 new shows to my May calendar :)
I would LOVE to walk at conference (if they will still be doing that?)There,..I put it in writing.... (yikes!)

Count me in too! I lost my director title a few months ago and really really want it back. Director Express was very helpful for me! I have started to implement the information I learned there.

I didn't make too much progress today. I spent my lunch hour on the phone with my insurance company and crying, because with the hormones, they just sent me over the edge. I made a few calls after I got home and got DS to bed, but wasn't able to book any shows. I did speak with my neighbor who hosted a few months back, and she said she'd actually been thinking about hosting again, but didn't think she could fit it in her schedule, as she's actually planning to go to work. I asked her if she knew of anyone who might be interested in hosting, and she said she'd check around and let me know.

Oh, but I did talk to DS's babysitter and her daughter about a fundraiser show. Mom hosted a show for me about a year ago, and it was pretty decent. The whole family is participating in the local Autism Speaks walk, and I suggested they do another show as a fundraiser. They were quite excited about the idea, and I promised I'd bring her something to look at tomorrow, and we could look at dates.

I do have a list of contacts to call, and I'm carrying it with me so it's ready to go whenever I get a moment to grab the phone. I also listened to Tammy Stanley's Ten Keys to Sky Rocket Your Telephone Results in the car, and used it to come up with my phone script. Hopefully it'll work for me :)

Now I have to go pack my kit for my show tomorrow, and make sure my host packets are up to date.

I had a show last night (there's more detail in the Take Charge thread in Business Tips)

I had a really good ticket game session. My previous two shows, no one wanted to ask any questions, no matter how much I prodded, but this group had a bunch of great ones. There were only four ladies in attendance in addition to the host, but two of them took home a Come Join Us! booklet. I have an appointment to call one back today after work, and the other on Monday (she bartends, and is working all weekend).

I didn't get any bookings. I have to work on addressing concerns. I'm listening to Tammy Stanley's bookings CD, and I have to practice the process she uses to address objection and obstacles.

I don't have to be at work until 2:30 today because I have an appointment this morning. I had planned to take a Trifle with me, but I don't know if I have all the ingredients (and I'm running out of time). I'll definitely have my Dots Catalog Tote with me, with the HWC card in the pocket that I found here on CS. I saw on the Relay for Life page that the office has a team, so maybe I'll even have a chance to talk about a fundraiser.

I also have some $10 off $10 coupons for Kohl's, and I plan to go find something fun for DS. I'll keep my eyes open for possible leads as I'm out and about. I'll also take down time to make calls and try to get those bookings I need for May.

I closed a show at $830 last night (Boy did I need that!) and SIGNED THE HOST!!! WAHOO!! I have my last live show before I take my maternity leave tonight and it sounds like it will be a good show as well. For the month of May I am only doing catalog shows. I am going to be on the phone next week making calls to get my June calendar up. I am quitting my full time job when I have the baby so I need to make PC a priority!

Thank you, Noora, for starting this thread. I have DE tomorrow, and I have been excited to go, but with a couple of things going on in my family (Satan is attacking, and HARD), I've been considering just not going. After reading this, the excitement is back, and I now realize that staying away would be exactly what the enemy wants - and I hate giving in to him!

Looking forward to posting updates starting Monday!

Even if being a Director isn't your goal - I would highly recommend going to DE. It's free and you will get so many great ideas to boost your business.

I can't wait!!!!! I am going a week from tomorrow. I need some serious motivation. I am hoping this will give me a serious push I need to get to NC.

I am going tomorrow and really need the boost. My PC fell apart Mid-March, with my Gram getting really sick and passing on April 10th. My hubby had knee replacement surgery on April 6th and I have had to take care of everyone.

I am ready to be surrounded by the energy and can't wait to promote in 90 days! I miss PC.

NooraK said:
I'd like to invite anyone who has been to Director Express to join and post your progress!

Feb 22, 2010 First Recruit
Feb 28, 2010 Team Leader
March 6, 2010 Attended Director Express
April 20, 2010 Director

I felt Director Express was for everyone, not just those looking to promote. Great business building information given and best of all, FREE! :thumbup:

Melissa78 said:
Feb 22, 2010 First Recruit
Feb 28, 2010 Team Leader
March 6, 2010 Attended Director Express
April 20, 2010 Director

I felt Director Express was for everyone, not just those looking to promote. Great business building information given and best of all, FREE! :thumbup:

That is absolutely fabulous! Any secrets to how you did it?

I have spent a lot of time on the phone today. Lots of messages. :yuck:

I have not secured any more shows on my calendar as of right now. It's hard to do that when you can't actually talk to anyone. I thought I had one this morning, and even dropped off a host packet, but now I'm not sure. I'll post more about that in the Take Charge thread.

I called one of the two people who took info home from the show last night, but she didn't answer her phone. I didn't get a good chance to speak with anyone at my doctor's office today, nor was I able to strike up a conversation with the lady at the register at Kohl's or the grocery store. I really need to practice how to do that. Well, I was able to chat a little bit, but I couldn't really keep them engaged enough to bring the conversation to PC.

Tomorrow is a new day, with new opportunities. Depending on how the weather is, I may go out to some garage sales. I do have to make a real grocery store trip, too.

Had a show this afternoon - tons of fun! Got 3 bookings and 1 recruit lead. woot woot :)

pamperedlinda said:
Had a show this afternoon - tons of fun! Got 3 bookings and 1 recruit lead. woot woot :)

That's fabulous! Keep it up.

I didn't really accomplish anything today. I spent most of the day cleaning the disaster zone my kitchen has become so that I can get my products ready for my show tomorrow. I stayed up waaaay too late last night, and DS woke up at 6:30 AM, so when he went down for a nap, I crashed too.

I did go to the grocery store after DH got home from work, but didn't have a chance to talk to anyone about PC. I really have to work on how to start conversations. I've never been a very outgoing person, so I don't really have an air about me that attracts other people to start conversations. I'm trying to change that. I'm making sure I look presentable when I walk out of the house, and I'm making a conscious effort to smile and make eye contact. I have the chocolate microsuede jacket, and wear that unless it gets too hot. I'm going to have to find my chef's hat pin somewhere, and start wearing that when it gets consistently too hot for the jacket.

I tried calling out to my recruiting lead again today, but didn't reach her. I'm trying not to let it get to me, but I just hate it when I make a specific appointment with someone to call, and they never respond. I mean, sure, something could come up and you can't pick up the moment I call, but the polite thing would be to call back. I may have to work on my wording to make sure they know they can tell me no when I call. I just hate to keep calling and bugging people because they can't be bothered to answer. I had one lady a while back, who had asked me a TON of questions because she'd been laid off, then suddenly had to get off the phone for some reason. I kept trying to reach her for quite a while, and when I finally reached her, she actually said she'd been avoiding my calls because she didn't want to do it. She could have saved me and herself a lot of time, by just emailing me if she didn't want to talk.

OK, now that I've got that out of my system, I need to go finish cleaning the disaster zone... I mean my kitchen.

How inspirational and fun Director Express was on Saturday. I am soooo ready to promote! :)

I brought some of my leads to work with me, so I can make calls on my lunch break.

I went clothes shopping yesterday, and after the sales associate finished processing my credit card application (just so I could get the discount - I will NOT be using it!!!!!!), and rang up my items, I told her I went to a training the day before, and had a challenge to talk to people about my business. She booked a show for 5/13! Wahoo!! I'm going to really use all that Host Coaching training we were taught, and which is on CC, and which I have ignored over the past two years, as well as the tips on having a successful show. I AM going to earn that Mystery Product! I AM going to promote to Director by 6/30, so I can walk the stage.

So glad you're on board Laurie and Sarah!

I had a show yesterday. 4 buying guests, plus the Host's boyfriend. I went back to a more traditional show style instead of the interactive show I've been doing recently. I think going forward I'll do a mix of both.

Sales were not fabulous (just barely over $200 right now), but I did get 3 recruit leads. The Host's mom would probably have signed up right on the spot if it wasn't for money (she has a large expense coming up that she has to cover first). She works two jobs and wants to get rid of one of them. I invited her to come to our Cluster Meeting on the 4th, gave her a Come Join Us, and will follow up with her later this week.

One of the host's friends is interested, and took home a CJU, and I will follow up with her tomorrow night. She currently sells TS, but isn't doing as well as she'd like. She was saying she wants to finish out the season to see how she does, and decide whether she's going to continue.

Another guest, who was actually a friend/client of the mom, also expressed some interest. She spent most of the demo talking about the things she likes to cook, and the products she uses at home. The thing was though, she wasn't talking PC :D When I did introductions and asked everyone to state their favorite product, she said "well, I like Kitchenaid, and my cookware is Calphalon..." I guess I need to be more specific about favorite PC product in the future. She sounds like one of those people who takes on any challenge that is presented to her, and does her best to succeed. I gave her a CJU, and she also took a catalog show packet.

Another friend of the host seemed interested in the opportunity, but she works full time, is a nursing student and a single mom. She doesn't feel she would have time for something like the PC until after she graduates, because she still wants to be able to spend time with her son.

I had a good time, and although I didn't get any bookings (except the catalog show), I'm excited about the recruit leads.

I had a great week last week- booked 4 June shows and signed 1 recruit. Now that I am on my maternity leave, meaning no more live shows until June, I am going to be on that phone!!

I hosted a "tasting event & HWC fundraiser" this past Sat. ...not too shabby... Just about $200 in HWC items pre-ordered and another $185 in "other" stuff :)
3 shows booked,..no recruit leads....YET....
I spent my lunch break today on the phone ding some host coaching, also sent out an email reminding my customers about the trifle bowl special,..got an email back right away with an order for one.... we'll see what else comes back.

I spent an hour in the evening doing some phone calls. I switched over to the house phone instead of my cell phone, and several people picked up. I'll have to see if that makes a difference on a regular basis. :D

I didn't make too much progress. I spoke with a gal I've been in touch with for about a year now. She's interested in the business, but currently has 3 businesses already running, and had some flood damage in her house in January that's still got her displaced. She did agree to collect some orders as a catalog show (she lives in TN, and is currently in OH) for May, and I put together a packet for her on that.

I touched base with a recruit lead I had met at the Midway Airport on the way home from NC last year. He's currently finishing up school and in the process of opening a second salon, but PC still intrigues him.

I had spoken with DS's babysitter and her daughter about doing a fundraiser for the team they have in a local Autism Walk, and in the last couple of days we've nailed down a date, and I put together a host packet that I will drop of today. The daughter comes over on Wednesdays to pick up Mom to go to Jazzercise, so we'll talk when I pick up DS so I can do some host coaching. She's very motivated to make this a successful party.

Today, I brought the DCB to work to make some chicken for our team potluck. I got some weird looks while I was microwaving it in the cafe, but everyone is loving the results. I'm hoping to get someone to be interested enough to want to buy a DCB, or host a show.

Tonight, I'll make some more calls. I just hope I can keep my efforts up long enough to see some results, before my enthusiasm runs out.

There's nothing better to boost one's enthusiasm then to have positive results from the efforts put forth!

I was making my phone calls today, working off the list of open's for last month's newsletter. One of the names was a gal that I had met at an elementary school Fall Fest last fall who had walked up to my table and said "I used to do PC 2 years ago, but then broke my wrist and couldn't do it anymore. I'm finally feeling good enough, and want to start again!" Well, it fizzled out, and she'd gotten too busy to consider the business.

I called her today, and turns out she's moved into the house down the street! She's really interested in signing again, because she's a teacher, and the furlough days they've had to take have impacted her budget, and she needs to make some extra money. She had a concern, though, that in the past, she'd spend a lot of her income on buying her products, but I let her know I'd love to help her make sure she gets her business to a point where she earns things for free.

I did let her know about the recruiting promo that expires tomorrow, but she didn't think she'd want to sign quite that quickly, she was thinking maybe mid-May. I did encourage her to start looking at her calendar and contacting her friends to book dates, and then we can sign her just a few days before her first show, and maximize her first 30 days. I also invited her to come to our cluster meeting on Tuesday.

As for the recruit leads I'd had at my last two shows: I spoke with one today, and she didn't think the business opportunity was something she'd be interested in. She does need to earn extra income, but she's not interested in anything that has to do with sales.

Another had called and left me a message a couple of days ago saying she'd been called into work to cover someone who called out sick, and was not able to answer my call because of that, but did want me to know she got my message. I left her another message today, and maybe we'll be able to touch base over the weekend.

The third is the mom of Sunday's Host. She works long hours during the week, so she'd asked that I call her this weekend. I had also invited her to come to the cluster meeting, so hopefully she'll want to do that.

I'm very excited about the progress I'm making. It's so nice to see the work I'm doing pay off. Now, I'm not saying I'm to my full potential yet, but I'm certainly doing more than I was two weeks ago. It's just too bad that it's too late to keep calling, because now would be the best time to do it, since I'm so excited. :D

Way to go Noora!!!! You are on FIRE!!!!!

I have been doing really well with steping out of my comfort zone and making calls. Right now, for May I have 5 shows on the books, 3 catalog shows, and 2 more calls to make on leads who are interested in booking shows. I go to DE on Saturday and will hopefully get lots of wonderful tips and advice on how to keep that momentum going and how to start recruiting.

Way to go Noora! Keep up the great work.

I am headed to DE in the morning. It is 3.5 hrs away, so I have to leave by 5am, but I am so pumped. I'll be staying with my parents and then have a big show there on Sunday afternoon before coming home. I am trying to pack up and get my fam ready for me being gone all weekend. I am so pumped. I hope I can sleep tonight!!!!!

Didn't do much over the weekend. My kitchen's a lot cleaner, though. :D

Yesterday I made more phone calls after getting DS to bed. I tried to close out my show from a week ago Sunday, but the Host's phone isn't accepting calls :eek: I've had this issue before with her, and she's said I can call her mom's phone to get her a message. I'll be doing that today, since I've also invited her mom to come to our Cluster Meeting tonight, but haven't gotten a confirmation from her.

I do have one gal coming to the meeting with me tonight. She had come up to my booth last fall saying she wanted to re-start her business after a 2 year hiatus, but then kind of disappeared. I called her last week, and she's excited about starting up again. They've recently moved into a house in my neighborhood, and I'm picking her up on my way to the meeting.

I spoke to another gal yesterday who had expressed interest. She said she's thought about doing a DS business before because she likes the idea of flexibility, but she doesn't think it'd work out for her because she's not good at following up with people. She is interested in hosting though, and I used a couple of Tammy Stanley tips on her to steer her toward booking a show in May. I emailed her two dates, and she's going to check with a couple of friends to see which date is better.

I ran into the same issue I often have on that phone call. I thought of the perfect thing to say after I got off the phone. I did ask her whether that was the only thing stopping her, but she still sounded a bit hesitant. What I should have asked her is "is that something you would like to improve upon?" I did tell her that the business has helped me in that aspect, but I didn't bring it back around to how it could help her. Oh well, when she hosts a show, I can bring it up again.

Still no new solid bookings on my calendar. I did speak with a couple of people who expressed interest in hosting, but the timing isn't right. One said the next 2-3 months are the busiest season for her at work, and another said her granddaughter has been having seizures and they've been at the doctor's almost every day for the last month.

I did have several people express interest in the pink products though, and my newsletter will be going out later this morning with a listing of ways people can participate. I'll be looking up that open report to see who I have to call tomorrow. :D

Not too many calls last night since we had cluster meeting. I was supposed to take one guest and had a second maybe.

I called my maybe in the afternoon because I hadn't heard back from her. She'd had a change in schedules at work, and on top of it had to take her daughter to the ER, so she would not be able to attend. No biggie, I totally understand.

My confirmed guest didn't show. I had spoken with her last week and agreed I would pick her up at 6:00 PM. I did forget to call and remind her yesterday, so I'll take blame for that. I showed up at her door, but no one was home, and there was no answer when I called. Very frustrating, especially when my hormones take over more than I'd like them to these days.

The meeting went well. Dustin Davis lives right here in the area and is friends with my HD (he's in the May CN, right under Jean Jonas's message). He came to the meeting and talked to us about how he consistently has $1000 shows. A lot of his tips focused on what he does during Host Coaching, but they are very simple ideas. Maybe I'll get some of them typed up to share.

Today, I plan to look in MailChimp to see who opened my newsletter that went out yesterday, and make some calls to see if I can book some shows.

My May is going pretty good! I have a recruit lead from my 4/24 show who is signing later his month after she moves. I have another girl from my 5/3 show who is supposed to sign tonight. I'm very excited that my team is growing.

I FINALLY have the team structure to regain my directorship - they just all need to sumit! When these two sign I will have 7 active lines with 1 TL and 1 SC! I'm very excited that this could be the month! I have issued a challenge to my team for everyone to be active this month. I'm giving them tickets for shows submitted, extra tickets if the show is $500 or higher, and even more tickets if they subnit before the 15th. I have plenty of stuff in my stash that I will let the winner pick from. I hope it works!

Fingers crossed

pamperedlinda said:
My May is going pretty good! I have a recruit lead from my 4/24 show who is signing later his month after she moves. I have another girl from my 5/3 show who is supposed to sign tonight. I'm very excited that my team is growing.

I FINALLY have the team structure to regain my directorship - they just all need to sumit! When these two sign I will have 7 active lines with 1 TL and 1 SC! I'm very excited that this could be the month! I have issued a challenge to my team for everyone to be active this month. I'm giving them tickets for shows submitted, extra tickets if the show is $500 or higher, and even more tickets if they subnit before the 15th. I have plenty of stuff in my stash that I will let the winner pick from. I hope it works!

Fingers crossed

I'm so happy to hear things are going well for you, Linda! Make sure you keep us posted on the progress.

Ok, I officially went to DE on Saturday and was so pumped and then had a bad show on Sunday. I wasn't confident and some of the ladies were a bit gripey.
I have had my pitty party and I am done.
I have two shows next week that I am working on, and I am off to make three more booking phone calls. Kids are down for naps and I will check back in when my phone calls are done.

pamperedlinda said:

Fingers crossed

Good idea for motivating them to submit!

I think I may do that tonight at my meeting. I'm holding my first Training/Cluster meeting here tonight. I have 13 on my team...11 lines...I just need to get both Sr. Consultant lines to submit this month. They ALL have shows on the schedule...I need to motivate them to follow through!

Does this mean that you will Walk again at Conference, Linda?

I attended DE on Saturday and am really pumped. Need to work on my confidence and initiating conversations. I am afraid of being perceived as pushy. I also need to work on not being afraid of the phone but I am determined to make it happen in the next 90-120 days (being realistic for me)!

My goal is to be SAHM to my 15month old daughter and that is my incentive. I look forward to the continued inspiration this forum and group of wonderful cheffers has to offer me!

Blessings,
Priscilla

ChefBeckyD said:
Good idea for motivating them to submit!

I think I may do that tonight at my meeting. I'm holding my first Training/Cluster meeting here tonight. I have 13 on my team...11 lines...I just need to get both Sr. Consultant lines to submit this month. They ALL have shows on the schedule...I need to motivate them to follow through!

Does this mean that you will Walk again at Conference, Linda?

I hope it works for you Becky!

I don't know if I get to walk again - I'll have to find out about that. But...I WILL HAVE A RED RIBBON!!!! I will :D and I will go to the director luncheon! (I've been using a picture of the dessert we had at Director luncheon 2 years ago as my motivation screen saver.....)

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 355
Ok, just made 3 phone calls, left one message, one rang and rang then a few clicks (will call back in a bit), and got one booking!!!!! So excited. I have 2 shows next Thursday that I need to prepare for, but would like to get some more on the calendar for the following week.

The girl I met at my show Monday night just signed!!!! woot woot :D
She's an adorable 18 y/o who is getting ready to go to culinary school to be a chef. She is so excited too...so am I!!

Way to go Linda!!!! Isn't it exciting when they are so excited!!!!! Great time to help her set her sights on being a director!!!!

lesliec said:
Ok, just made 3 phone calls, left one message, one rang and rang then a few clicks (will call back in a bit), and got one booking!!!!! So excited. I have 2 shows next Thursday that I need to prepare for, but would like to get some more on the calendar for the following week.

pamperedlinda said:
The girl I met at my show Monday night just signed!!!! woot woot :DShe's an adorable 18 y/o who is getting ready to go to culinary school to be a chef. She is so excited too...so am I!!

Way to go ladies! Keep it up.:D

ya'll are making me so jealous! :) I wasn't able to go to my location. It filled up in less than 48 hrs and I was hoping they'd open up more slots but they never did. *I didn't sign up right away because of timing/babysitter uncertainty.*
Oh well!Good job to everyone who's making it work!!! Keep sharing your words, what you are doing, successes, etc...it's helpful to others even if you don't realize it.

I need to go back and look at my goal sheet, to get myself motivated again. I have an interview Monday with a guest from a show last night. She had great questions. Before I asked her, she said she thought she wanted to be a consultant. She has a 1 and 3 year old. Her only concern is making time for them and the business. I suggested making one day a week her PC show day. She has Sat. available with hubby home. Any suggestions for SAH moms that I could give her about the business and balancing little ones. I think the one day a week things should work for her.

Let her know that while there are things that she'll need to do to keep her business moving, like phone calls, it doesn't take hours. Focus on the 3-2-1 plan and tell her how she can make contacts out and about, and fit in phone calls while the kids nap or are otherwise occupied for 15 minutes or so.

I made calls using my MailChimp report last night. No luck on any bookings, though.

I was able to get a hold of the host whose show is still open. She still didn't have the orders, and wanted to hold off until Saturday again. I reminded her that she didn't want to keep her other guests waiting for their products, so she said she'll get the orders today and call me.

I didn't have time to try and call my recruit lead that was supposed to come to the meeting. Then again, I don't want to pressure her too much.

I did have a good coaching call with a host for June. I incorporated a lot of the tips I picked up on my TS CDs as well as the ones I got from training on Tuesday. She's very excited, and I even remembered to ask her about the business. She said she might consider it, but she'd like to see how the show goes. I'll still have several chances to talk to her about it before the show.

I really wish I could find two people to host shows for me before the 15th. I have to follow up with my two catalog shows today. Hopefully at least one will pan out to something.

I'm starting to get frustrated again because I'm not making any headway in booking shows. I wanted to be able to follow the plan from DE, which meant I needed to book 8 shows for May, and I'm already a week in without anything new on my calendar. It's hard not to feel like people are ignoring my calls when so few pick up when I call. All I can really do though, is keep working on it, cross my fingers, and hope for the best.

Keep your head up Noora. You have been such an inspiration to me. May is a bit of a tough month with graduation, sports, school functions, etc. I am in the same boat, but am trying to make the most of it. I am crazy busy and am trying to get things all together and figured out for my family......
It WILL turn around and you WILL get bookings.

Thanks Leslie :)

I didn't do too many calls last night. What I did do, was send messages on Facebiook. I have a bunch of contacts that I don't, for whatever reason, have a current phone number for, but am friends with on FB. So last night, I went through my friends list, and sent quite a few people the following message:

Hi _________,

I've received a challenge to try something a little different. I'm looking for someone to host a show either Wednesday or Thursday next week (the 12th or the 13th). I know it's short notice, but I've been learning some new tips for successful parties, and have been challenged to put them into action.

Would you be available and willing to call up some friends for an evening of fun and food with Pampered Chef?

I got a bunch of "sorry, I can't" responses, but I did get one who said 95% sure for Wednesday! :D She asked me to give her until Saturday to be sure. Hopefully it'll stick, I really want to pick up the pace.

Today, I didn't do anything. I'm taking the day off to get older, and I'm not going to do any PC calls today. Well, except trying to get a hold of my host from April 25th to close her show. DH and I spent a relaxing morning with DS, then dropped him off with the babysitter for a few hours and went to see a movie.

My May is looking great,..I'm getting bookings for July,...but NOTHING for June...ugh!
The recruit lead I have been working with signed with "Blessings Unltd." I'm happy she found something that is a good fit for her,...(sigh).... I have another lead that keeps saying "not yet ~ but keep me on your list" ....so hopefully one day the timing will be right for her.
I put together 225 PC "goodie bags" for the Melting Pot restaurant to add to their Mother's Day give away bags...hopefully something will come from that :)
I have 3 May shows coming up that are completely out of my circle and I'm hoping to make some connections at those shows that will lead to June bookings and new recruit leads.
I saw a great idea on here about a "PINKO" HWC fundraiser and I'm planning on hosting one myself at the end of May.
I really, REALLY want to make my PC business my full time gig. I have 10 more days of school and then SUMMER! I don't think I want to go back in the fall......
Thanks for inspiring me and keeping me accountable.....

No progress on the recruit front. I took Friday off to get older, spent Saturday cleaning up around the house, and Sunday was Mothers' Day, so I didn't do much toward my business. I did get my April 25th show closed and submitted, but that's about it.

I need to check in with my leads to see if they're going to culminate into anything. I also need to check in with that one positive response from my FB message to see if we're on for Wednesday. I also got another message back last night from someone who said he and his wife are busy with her graduation, but he wants to know more about how the parties work.

I also found a pile of mail in the garage while cleaning, with the payment from a customer who had bought some Snowman Platters in early March. Not very happy with DH on that one, since he knows how panicked I was when I realized I hadn't received it, and specifically asked him to see if he had gotten any mail that didn't make it into the house. I had been under the impression that she had sent cash, so I had just written it off, but I actually got a check, so I'll have to call her today to make sure it's OK to be cashed.

Not much progress in the last couple of days. I did very few calls yesterday and today, because I'm once again at that point: I don't know who else to call, and I don't want to keep bugging the same people I've already left messages for.

I did speak to two recruit leads today. One lives in Nashville, and I've been in contact with her for about a year. She's had a lot on her plate with her husband's job, uncertainty about whether he'll get relocated, three other businesses she's currently involved in and so forth. Her house had water damage from a burst pipe in January, and she's slowly been getting things fixed up. I spoke to her at the beginning of the month and sent a catalog show packet so she could sell some pink prodcuts. If she wasn't preoccupied before, she certainly is now. Her house got flooded AGAIN, and some of her neighbors' houses even had water up to their rooflines. She doesn't feel comfortable asking people to order stuff, but I told her she could turn the show into a fundraiser, or donate her Free Products to someone in need. She liked that idea, and will get back to me this weekend on what she might want to do. She also said that she really would like to start selling PC, but it's just not something she wants to add to her plate right now.

The other recruit lead is the gal down the street. She apologized for forgetting about the meeting last week, and I apologized for forgetting to call and remind her. She's currently dealing with a medical issue with the exchange student that is staying with them, and in the next month she's got one student going home, two more coming to stay plus vacation with family and with friends. She didn't specifically mention signing up, and I didn't want to specifically bring it up because of how the conversation was going.

It doesn't look like I'll be able to get two shows in by the 15th. I do have two shows next week, though. I'm hoping to be able to build enough consistency into my schedule, that I'll have two shows every week, and I won't have to worry about promotions tied to specific dates. DH did say he's got two people at work who are wanting to buy the DCB, but I'll have to see if that comes through. He wants to help, but because he's a manager, he doesn't want to be overly pushy, which sometimes translates to him forgetting to follow up. I keep telling him to just get me the contact information of anyone who expresses interest in ordering or a show, but I haven't gotten him trained to that point yet. :D

I've been slacking on my calls in the last few days. I just haven't been able to find the energy to get through my contacts list to find people to call. Last night I spent a good chunk of the evening getting invitations ready for the fundraiser I'll be doing June 5th. My host said that she's still trying to get her other two daughters to put their guest lists together as well. I'm really looking forward to it, and it just hit me that this'll count for SAT! :D

I did speak to one contact on Wednesday night that I hadn't spoken with in a while. She used to work here at the bank, and has ordered from shows others have hosted. When I first spoke to her a few years ago, she said she had recently lost her full-time job (she was here part-time), and used to do TW, so she might be interested in PC. I actually never got a hold of her since then, but I've seen her open my newsletters, and I've occasionally left messages.

When I spoke with her again the other night, she said she'd be interested in hosting a show, but her son had recently moved in, and she had excess furniture in her living room, and literally does not have room to host. She is on a waiting list for a larger apartment, and I also offered my own home, and she said she'd think about it as things settle down. She said she was concerned that she might be laid off from her current full-time job the next day. She's still interested in the business, but just isn't in a spot to think about it right now.

I did also get another response to my FB message. She's a past host and said her calendar is full for the next month or so, but maybe July. I let her know that my July will be a wait-and-see situation, but that I'd check in with her in June.

Tonight, I work until 6:30, so DS will probably be in bed by the time I get home. Maybe I'll get some calls in before it gets too late to call anyone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heather223
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Paula R. Lewis
  • urbnk8
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
urbnk8
  • Chef Kearns