• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I'm Obsessed With the Veggie Wedger

In summary, this thing is SUPER FANTASTIC!! I've wedged:-Green Pepper-Red Pepper-Onion-LimeAnd that's it so far. It worked PERFECTLY for all these things!! I want to try it on EVERYTHING! I love that it has the base that allows the blades to go all the way through whatever you're cutting.
mountainmama74
Gold Member
Oh. My. Gosh.

This thing is SUPER FANTASTIC!! I've wedged:

Green Pepper
Red Pepper
Onion
Lime

And that's it so far. It worked PERFECTLY for all these things!! I want to try it on EVERYTHING! I love that it has the base that allows the blades to go all the way through whatever you're cutting.

:love:

Way to go, Pampered Chef!

I haven't gotten mine yet, but when you did the peppers, did you cut the top/seed pod off first, or just whack at it as is? Or does it show in the DVD? I never watch those things but should!

haha I haven't watched it yet either, but I did cut the top/bottom off first!

I used it for baby red potatoes, which I was roasting. I was able to pick up the potato and rotate it to get another cut. I know others have said they haven't been able to do that with tomatoes, etc. It could be b/c the potato was small and harder than a tomato. The wedgie cut it into nice small sizes for roasting.

This is MY FAVORITE Product!

But I am calling mine the VEGGIE WEDGIE!!!

I love it. I keep getting it out to cut up oranges for my kids. I fear that withing the next few hours they are going to say "no more fruit Mama!!!!" Either that, or we'll run out!!!!
I think it may be my fave also. Guess we will have to have some roasted potatoes for dinner tonight.

I've done pepper in it and I didn't cut off the top or bottom. I tore off the stem and wedged with the stem end down. Then I tore out the seeds with my hands. Super easy and you don't have to dirty a knife.

Ok...I have to admit- this was one of my least favorite products when I was looking at them on Saturday. But after listening to everyone talk about it, I'm starting to think I will like it a lot! Can't wait till I get mine.

nancycookspc said:
This is MY FAVORITE Product!

But I am calling mine the VEGGIE WEDGIE!!!

oh i am so going to use that lmao

i did cucumbers for a salad with it the other day - I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product!!!!!

I did roasted potatoes and used smaller potatoes and layed them sideways to cut them and the slices were the perfect size for roasting. I have used it with a pepper too and worked great! Ornanges are on sale at the store this week, so my kids are going tobe getting lots of Vit C! HAHA!

I used it last night for the first time! Made mango pico and I did the onion and tomato both with it! It worked sooooooooo well! I love it!
Oh and my boyfriend was totally making fun of the mango wedger - then he wanted to try it out.....then he tells me he loves fresh mango! omg I had no idea! I've never even bought one before! So I let him use the wedger on it and he was hooked! He wanted to use it on the second mango I got just to try it out but I made him wait! hehe!
I really didn't see why we needed both products, but now that I have them, I am hooked! They are fun and easy to use!

Used it for a navel orange for the kids the other day - super-easy and no mess!

dannyzmom said:
Used it for a navel orange for the kids the other day - super-easy and no mess!

My extra one will now be found at my work desk. I have not only been eating more oranges, but my employees are enjoying all of the orange smiles I have been giving them. :blushing:

Have not playing with many of the new products but this one is a definate keeper in my book!:thumbup:

I love it too! We have been going crazy wedging everything in the house. We even tried a cantaloupe! lol It started out well, but the bottom was too big. Still, it started the cut, so it made it easier for me to slice evenly. :D

Lots of fruit and veggie consumption at home, all because of this wedger....love, love it!

Well I'm wishing I had ordered one now! I didn't think I'd want it till now! I already did a sample order and just ordered what I could mostly use my PC $'s earned in January on since I don't have any extra funds. I just got Package A and I ordered MFP for my recruit because I said if she had a $1000 show and qualified in January I'd buy that for her! And I ordered a few other open stock items but none of the wedgers! :( I don't eat Mango and thought I could do without veggie wedger! Oh well I'll get it soon I'm sure! :)

I used it on potatoes (which worked great!), put them in a baggie with just a little bit of oil, baked them on the large bar pan and halfway thru the cooking, sprinkled the Parmesan Garlic Seasoning on them....YUMMY!!! I love experimenting with the new tools!

whoa mama! That thing is cool! I've only used it on one thing so far - an apple....but WOW...I'm going to love that thing. I wish the Apple Wedger was designed the same way! More handle to work with, etc.

esavvymom said:
whoa mama! That thing is cool! I've only used it on one thing so far - an apple....but WOW...I'm going to love that thing. I wish the Apple Wedger was designed the same way! More handle to work with, etc.

Me too. I also wish the apple wedger handle was big, black, and ergonomic.

esavvymom said:
I used it for apples - some of the times even with the apple wedger you still have to cut some of the core out. So I just wedged the apple and but the core out of each piece. Made me feel much safer than using the apple wedger.

kcmckay said:
Well I'm wishing I had ordered one now! I didn't think I'd want it till now! I already did a sample order and just ordered what I could mostly use my PC $'s earned in January on since I don't have any extra funds. I just got Package A and I ordered MFP for my recruit because I said if she had a $1000 show and qualified in January I'd buy that for her! And I ordered a few other open stock items but none of the wedgers! :( I don't eat Mango and thought I could do without veggie wedger! Oh well I'll get it soon I'm sure! :)

I swear last year or the year before I placed a 2nd sample order. You would have to pay shipping again but I do think as long as you don't purchase anything you already did it should go through.

kcmckay said:

If you put together a March catalog show you could get it for 60% off or with other host benefits depending on the size of the show.

wadesgirl said:
I swear last year or the year before I placed a 2nd sample order. You would have to pay shipping again but I do think as long as you don't purchase anything you already did it should go through.

Last year, I got my samples in two-parts. I placed one order at the beginning of things I really wanted right away for shows, etc. Then later, I placed a second order for the remaining items I wanted....but yes...you can only order something ONCE- so if you order the full Package A, you can't get B or C, but you can get the Open-stock pieces if you haven't gotten them yet.

ChefBevShu said:
I used it on potatoes (which worked great!), put them in a baggie with just a little bit of oil, baked them on the large bar pan and halfway thru the cooking, sprinkled the Parmesan Garlic Seasoning on them....YUMMY!!! I love experimenting with the new tools!

Bev...I just did the same thing tonite for dinner..used the veggie wedger on regular potatoes..I just spritzed the aluminum sheet pan with some of our garlic infused oil...then wedged the potatoes and put parm. dipping seasoning along with a little of the crushed peppercorn and garlic rub into a plastic bag...shook the potatoes in there and layed them on the sheet pan..baked them at 425 for about 20-25 minutes..perfect...
I have eaten so many oranges this past week!!!!! my fav product so far

I love it for potatoes. I used it on an orange today at work and it just made a mess. Guess the orange wasn't firm enough. I'm really not in the mood to play "Is the fruit firm enough? so I'll just use a knife for that task.

I used it to make a "blooming onion". I trimmed the top, and not the bottom, rotated three times to make extra wedges... it was perfect!!!

1. How does the Veggie Wedger work?

The Veggie Wedger is designed to easily cut vegetables into perfect wedges. Simply place the vegetable on the center platform and press down on the top handle to create uniform wedges.

2. Can the Veggie Wedger cut through all types of vegetables?

Yes, the Veggie Wedger can cut through a variety of vegetables including potatoes, carrots, cucumbers, zucchini, and more. It is not recommended for use on very hard or dense vegetables such as squash or beets.

3. Is the Veggie Wedger dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Veggie Wedger is dishwasher safe for easy cleanup. We recommend placing it on the top rack of the dishwasher for best results.

4. What are the dimensions of the Veggie Wedger?

The Veggie Wedger measures 5 inches in length, 4 inches in width, and 2 inches in height. It is compact and easy to store in your kitchen.

5. Can the Veggie Wedger be used for other food items besides vegetables?

While the Veggie Wedger is primarily designed for cutting vegetables, it can also be used to cut fruits such as apples and pears. It is not recommended for use on meats or other dense food items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
smspamperedchef
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • GingerChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies