• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I'm New and I've Just Relocated...please Help Me Get Bookings!

In summary, Kate is moving around a lot and doesn't know many people in her new city. She is having trouble getting her business off the ground and wants to know if there is anything else she can do to increase her chances of success.
kateforce
Gold Member
So here's my situation. Long story short, I've moved 3 times in the past 7 months. From Omaha, to a small town in OK, to another small town in OK, to finally settling in Kansas City. (I've told my husband that I REFUSE to move again for at least 5 years!:)) I don't really know anyone here in Kansas City and am having a really hard time getting my business started.

I've only been doing PC since July. My friends and family from back home have done catalog shows for me, and I FINALLY had my first cooking show...but it was in Omaha. I got bookings from it and even a possible recruit...but I don't live in Omaha anymore. I want to work in KC.

I've done 2 craft shows, with no bookings. I've been carrying my catalog tote with me everywhere, with no leads. I've put catalogs in the office of my apartment complex, nothing. My 8-5 job is in a small office, where nobody wants to host a show...I've tried. I tried to do an open house when I first started and nobody showed up. I need help! I really want to do well and I had a ton of fun at my cooking show. I love PC! Does anyone have any other tips?!?

how about going to local schools, nursery schools, dance classes, etc to try to interest someone in fundraisers.maybe pamper some local businesses. bring a recipe, drop off some catalogs, tell them host benefits if they get any sales, etc.not easy but keep plugging along.

Hang in there girl! (((hugs)))

There are some great ideas in the previous responses. I agree that you just have to get your name out there!
  • If you have children, talk to the other parents at events for your children (dance classes, sporting events, other mothers from your child's class, etc.)
  • If you attend church, ask other people there.
  • Everywhere you go, leave some mini-catalogs in the lobby! At the pharmacy, the eye Dr., the OB, whatever! Even at the auto body shop!!! Most of the magazines there are geared to news or men, so any woman that comes along would probably take the time to pick up your mini catalog and actually LOOK at it! :D

These sound like some great ideas! As a newbie, I will keep these in mind as well. I did a special recently (that didn't work for me, but could for you) where anyone who referred someone to me that booked in the next 60 days got 50% of the host bonus in free product. So, if the host earned $100 in free product, the person who referred them would get $50. If you don't need the money right now, it could catch the interest of someone who doesn't want to host a show themselves.

Hi Kate:

I'm in KC too! What part are you in? If you don't have hosp. you are welcome to join our cluster meetings. PM me if you want more info. on meetings.

Craft fairs are a great way to get your name out there--of course most here are done for now. Pass out info. in your neighborhood. I had a new consultant who met lots of neighbors and had enough orders in the end to make a nice show.

Carry the catalog tote. I was stopped 2xs last wk--once in Sams & once at Staples--both ended up giving me orders.

You could also random call people out of the phone book--l know it's a little scary, but might get your foot in the door. Also, check out local networking groups.

Best wishes--

Kate, I am in the same boat...I am going to start selling PC January 1 and do not know LOTS of people in my area so I have been pondering things to do to get my name out there as well...one thing I am going to do is put catalogs or mini catalogs in the local salons and nail places in my town and some of the nicer neigborhood salons in a town close by. I also went online and found a women's business alliance in my town that I plan on joining to meet some new people and generate leads. Your local Chamber of Commerce might be another way to meet people and get your name out there. Also, coffee shops would be a great place to leave catalogs.

one more thing....when I posted and asked for help, someone suggested doing recipe cards with your contact information on the back. That would also be a great thing to leave behind places!

When you go into a grocery store, talk to the checker about the great recipe you are making. It will hit the ears of the person behind you. The checker always says, "Oh that sounds good. I'd love to have that recipe". I then say it's a Pampered Chef recipe. I then hand out a mini-catalog, and guide them to my website, where they can find the recipe. I make sure that I get their information to follow up with, or it's a lost contact. This really works!

Just a note...when leaving a brochure you may get a little business but make sure you talk to people too. Once they know a face and have established even a small bit of contact with you they will then be more comfortable with you. Belinda Ellsworth always said...get out everyday and go knee to knee with people!! They always say that the products sell themselves, but to establish host relationships you do need to grow that relationship.

These are some wonderful ideas! I have been "selling" since November but only a few catalog shows. I have yet to do a cooking show. I like these ideas and am going to print some labels today so I can put them on catalogs. I need to do some research in my area and see what I might be able to get going!

I am in the same boat that you are...I am a new consultant in a new fairly small town. Tried to host my own show and only one person showed. So here is what I am doing now...I rent so I asked my rental company if they would pass out a happy to other new renters. I have also started sending out mini catalogs to people that have recently bought a home. Our local paper posts recent real estate transactions and you can find information from the county's GIS which most counties let you look at for free. All you would have to do is google it or go to the county's web page and look for a link to GIS or real property info or property taxes. I hope it helps!

What is the best way to get bookings as a new consultant?

The best way to get bookings as a new consultant is to reach out to your friends, family, and acquaintances and let them know about your new business. You can also utilize social media, attend local events, and host a launch party to introduce your products and services to potential customers.

How can I find new customers after relocating to a new area?

One way to find new customers after relocating is to join local community groups and organizations. You can also partner with other businesses in your area to cross-promote and reach a wider audience. Additionally, attending local events and networking with other professionals can help you connect with potential customers.

What are some creative ways to get bookings as a new consultant?

Some creative ways to get bookings as a new consultant include offering themed parties, hosting virtual events, creating a referral program, and partnering with local businesses to offer in-home cooking demonstrations. You can also offer personalized cooking classes or workshops to attract new customers.

How can I use social media to get bookings as a new consultant?

Social media can be a powerful tool to get bookings as a new consultant. You can use platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to showcase your products, share customer testimonials, and offer promotions or discounts. You can also join online groups and communities related to cooking or kitchen products to connect with potential customers.

What are some tips for successfully booking parties as a new consultant?

One tip for successfully booking parties as a new consultant is to be confident and enthusiastic about your products and services. You can also offer incentives or special discounts for hosts, and make sure to follow up with guests after the party to encourage future bookings. Additionally, staying organized and having a clear understanding of your target audience can help you book successful parties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ValM2010
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • RMR1984
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Deb Bixler
  • tahodgin