1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Booths Im just full of questions

1. pc_jessica

pc_jessica Advanced Member

so i am doing a booth at a holiday craft fair...and they are asking for my tax id number!?!?!?! ummm...im at a lost for words i have no idea what that is, well okay i know what it is, but i didn't know we had to have one for being a consultant...does anyone know if i need one or if i can just use my social security number for this???? TIA

Sep 2, 2009
  2. mscharf

mscharf Advanced Member

we don't have a tax id number, b/c we are not tax exempt. i would find out WHY they would need your SS #, I wouldn't just give that out!!!!

Sep 2, 2009
  3. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

They are probably wanting to make sure you are charging taxes properly. I would tell them that Pampered Chef collects all taxes when you purchase your products and your prices will reflect taxes already paid.

4. pc_jessica

pc_jessica Advanced Member

i was freaking out about this so i called my mom who used to do direct sales, and she told me to tell them the same thing! she said when she used to do craft fairs, she told them she was a consultant for (blank) and that tax was already figured up when they made an order! hopefully this fair will be okay with that!

Sep 2, 2009
  5. scottcooks

scottcooks Veteran Member Gold Member

from another post...

We don't collect tax and send a check to the state, HO does. Give them your consultant number and the 1-888 number and have them speak to the finance department if they have any other questions.

Sep 3, 2009
  6. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

Actually I called HO myself and they emailed me a copy from my state to use.

Sep 3, 2009
Have something to add?