• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Inspiring Young Women: Julie's Show Experience

In summary, a consultant shares her experience of a successful show she did for a high school sophomore girl, who impressed her by taking care of everything and being a big help during the prep and demonstration. The consultant got 4 bookings from the show, including one from the girl's dad who booked a BBQ show with his friends, and another from a young girl who wants a Mommy-and-Me Show. The consultant expresses her joy in seeing young women interested in cooking and confident enough to do a show at a young age. She also mentions a girl who wants to put SS bowls in her hope chest and plans on sharing this story at future shows. The conversation then shifts to the possibility of having a show for a daughter and her friends, with
pcjulie
I just did a show the other night for a girl who is a sophomore in high school and it was a really good show! Her sales weren't over the top (around $400), but I was impressed that she took care of everything. She is the one I contacted about the date, recipes, and ingredients. She had the kitchen set up before I arrived (her mom wasn't even home from work yet) and was a big help during the prep and demonstration. I got 4 bookings from the show- one being her dad (who is the cook in the family along with this girl) who booked a BBQ show with "the guys" in April. Another booking was from a girl (age 11ish) who wants to have a Mommy-and-Me Show next month. She addressed me with her questions and seemed very confident. Her mom was there to help her express what she wanted to get across, but she showed a lot of confidence! I love to see young women take an interest in cooking and are not afraid to take on something like doing a show. I wish I would have been that sure of myself at that age! I'm sorry if I'm rambling, but I just had to tell everyone about this awesome experience. Maybe it's because I have 3 boys and I doubt I'll ever see this kind of thing take place at my house. :D

By the way, the young girl having a show in March wants to get the SS bowls to put in her hope chest. How cool is that! I'll be sure to mention that kind of thing at shows where I have mothers of young girls.

Julie Myers
Denver, PA

Very ImpressiveWOW!!! That is very impressive. I have thought about having a show for my daughter and her friends but I'm unsure on how to approach the whole thing.

Any ideas?

That is so cool, Julie!!! What a neat show. You've got some future consultants in the making!! :D

Julie, what an awesome show that must have been. If you do not mind, I think I will use this story in my shows. It is truly great to see young people, that are confident with themselves and so mature!

Daughter/friends Show!WOW!!! That is very impressive. I have thought about having a show for my daughter and her friends but I'm unsure on how to approach the whole thing.

Any ideas?

Hello Tina,
I think it would be a great idea to ask your daughter what she thinks of the idea. I am not sure how old she is but my daughter is 8 and loves to help me cook and bake. She told me as soon as she is old enough she will have a show with her church and home school friends!! What a wonderful day that will be. She is so special to me and unfortunately these days not many young girls are taught to be cooks and bakers in the home. As if it is a lower standard than seeking a career.
Anyway let them know that you can provide a theme show based on something they enjoy. Maybe a pool party if she is young, I'm not sure how old she is. Ask her friends mothers how they would feel about it too. Maybe they might like to come with their daughters. It will be fun!!
Debbie

Since we are talking "Mommy and Me" I wanted to let you guys know about a Mother/Daughter team we have in our cluster. I'm not sure how old the daughter is, but I know she drives so she has to be at least 16. They do all of their shows together and the daughter sets up the display and the mother does the actual demo. Whenever we have someone new at out cluster meetings, we go around the room and say what PC has done for us, and these two always say how thankful they are that PC has made them closer. I always think how great that is and I hope that will be me and my daughters somw day.

I'm doing a Fund Raiser on Sunday and my daughter, who is 5, will be my helper. We have done shows "together" in the past - open houses at my house, a close friend.
She has the kids red PC apron that she wears and she passes out my lap packs, drawing slips. She does the draw and gives the winner her prize.
The guests always thinks she's the cutest thing and she and I have a great time doing it.

My youngest son is DYING to be a pampered chef! He asked me the other day if "men can be pampered chefs too?" Heck ya! I told him. (He's 5 too.)

I am going to get him the apron!

Love,
Rachel

Same here!I have a 6 yr. old son, and every time I start getting ready for a show he ask if he can go with me. I tell him, "No, not this time, but it is coming up shortly." I am afraid of him getting to someone's house and tearing up something, or getting bored with helping me and start showing out or something. He also enjoys helping me in the kitchen with whatever it is.....dishwasher, dishes in the sink, cooking on the stove, or even cutting up a salad and more. He still talks about his PC birthday party I gave him at the end of Sept. He thought that was really some big something that I did for him to let his friends and him decorate their own cupcakes and different things.

Julie, that would have had to have been an awesome show! And a very neat experience! Your right, not very many kids these days take the responsibility to take on something as big as doing a show by themselves, or even helping out in the kitchen. That is sad, but that is the way this world is changing.

i think that show was awesome!!

I just wanted to add this. i have 3 kids and they go to every show i do as well as my husband. none of my hosts have minded, they think its really cool how we have a "family business". my kids help set up and sometimes show how easy a tool is to use. someone made a comment about how people think its not good to teach kids....well IMO...the bible clearly states for us to teach our daughters how to be wives..cooking cleaning etc. my daughter is almost 5 and she helps me everday in the house and cooking and then she gets to play in between. i think that the mommy and me shows are more than fun...its teaching them what they need to know later in life. we should all do more of them!! dont mean to get all religious on you its just something i think alot about. my mom didnt teach me to cook...i taught myself! anyways i am done rambling...thanks for listening!

I take my daughter with me sometimes. She is 5. Heck she sells the stuff better than me.

We also have a mother daughter team in our cluster. I think the daughter is 15. She actually does the demo but the mom does everything else.

Hi Monica,

I am delighted to hear that you have the family helping with your pampered chef business. That is so cool!

I agree with everything you said... except as the mother of two little boys, I am going to make darn sure they can cook too!

Luckily, my husband is an excellent cook himself, so we are good role models.

Love+
Rachel

I agree 100%Monica-

I agree 100%!! :D In fact, I think it is wonderful that your whole family helps! DH works alot, but whenever he can help carry totes, and products into a house, he does. Often times the shows are women, so he doesn't really stay, but I know if we did the Men's BBQ Show (great idea btw!!), he'd be all about staying then! :p

I hope that when we have a family some day, that I can have a little helper come with me too! I have to say, I'm not a mother yet, but my mother taught us well...it's better to be doing something like that with their time, instead of sitting in front of the tv all day! ;)

Ok, I deviated a bit...but, I like the family idea!!

My 5 year old daughter loves PC!Instead of playing house, she plays Pampered Chef. She puts on her apron, gets out my Tool Turn About, and does a demo for her teddy bears and dolls. She actually came up with something pretty clever that I now use at my shows. When she held up the cook's corer, she said, "This is what you use to take broken egg shells out of eggs that you have cracked into a bowl." It really works! The little v's catch the shell, and the rest of the egg drops back into the bowl.

I did a show for a lady whose 16 year old daughter was very interested in becoming a consultant. Only 2 years away! (Yes, I keep in touch with her :D ).

Diane

cookingtbenee said:
WOW!!! That is very impressive. I have thought about having a show for my daughter and her friends but I'm unsure on how to approach the whole thing.

Any ideas?

I had a mother/daughter show last year that was a lot of fun. The girls were 11 or 12 years old and I made two recipes, with the help of the girls. I would demo a product and have a volunteer finish the task. Most of the moms just watched, but they had such a great time that they wanted to buy lots of products! I made the Summer Lattice Pastry from the Delighful Desserts Cookbook and the S'more Brownie Bites from the Let's Eat cookbook.

I am a new consultant (had my first show in late January) and my 10 year old daughter loves to help me. She will go to some of my shows with me. I am buying the red apron for her to wear. I am very excited for our first party together on the 20th of this month!

Cindy

What is "Inspiring Young Women: Julie's Show Experience"?

"Inspiring Young Women: Julie's Show Experience" is a special event organized by Pampered Chef to empower and inspire young women to pursue their dreams and passions.

Who is Julie and why is her show experience important?

Julie is a successful entrepreneur and Pampered Chef consultant who will be sharing her personal experience and journey to success at the event. Her show experience is important because it will serve as a real-life example and inspiration for young women.

What can attendees expect from this event?

At this event, attendees can expect to hear from Julie and other successful female leaders, participate in hands-on cooking and business workshops, and network with other like-minded individuals.

Is this event only for Pampered Chef consultants?

No, this event is open to all young women who are looking for inspiration and empowerment. It is not limited to Pampered Chef consultants.

How can I register for "Inspiring Young Women: Julie's Show Experience"?

You can register for this event through the Pampered Chef website or by contacting your Pampered Chef consultant. Spaces are limited, so we encourage you to register early.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melissa3026
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • monica_sweetconsultant
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
monica_sweetconsultant
Replies