• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I'm Having a Panic Attackkkkkk

In summary, the expert reached level 1 and submitted all orders, but two. The host was supposed to close on Friday but talked the expert into Sunday instead. On Sunday, the expert submitted all orders but one. Then, on Sunday night, the expert's computer crashed and the host had to reinstall PP. The expert is now trying to call tech support to get an extension on the order, but they said there are no extensions.
Tabitha~

Since I had to put my two cents in earlier, I guess I am gonna give it to you again...even though you didn't ask for it!!

I hope and pray that HO was able to help you out with this...however, even if something happens that they are not able to fix it, please don't walk away from your business! I can see from your posts that you are a good Christian person who has a lot to offer to her hosts and customers! I pray that you are able to come to terms with this glitch and that you know that PC DOES love and cherish each one of us. However, with sooooooooo many of us it does make sense that they need to firmly enforce their "no exceptions" policy or else it would be anarchy! That doesn't mean that it won't suck big time if you miss out on your level of Sellathon...I am right there with ya and agree! But...in the big picture, I hope you can see that's it is NOT against you personally...it's just something that they have to do so things don't get out of hand.

I hope and pray that right now you are just hurt and need to work through your feelings...but that the Lord would lead you in the right direction with your final decision. I feel it would be a waste, though, for you to give up your business over this.

{{{HUGS}}}

Can we just let this post fade into oblivion please?

DebbieJ said:
Can we just let this post fade into oblivion please?

AMEN---I got back on here to see what HO did as far as her sales credits and the sell-a-thon. Only to find the same back & forth that was on here last time----ENOUGH already---:DForgive/forget:

Sorry, I have to comment - okay get mad at me I'm way behind on posts and just getting caught up.

Tabitha - I'm so sorry this happend to you. I really wish HO would keep the 5 days into the next month to close our shows. Sometimes they allow it and sometimes they don't. Most of all I wish they would keep it consistent. I personally think they should make an exception for you especially since they have it documented you were on the phone with tech. support.

I was in a similar situation this month. My second show was closing on Monday night and I hoped I wouldn't have any problems. I needed to have it so I wouldn't go inactive. Luckily for me I didn't have any problems submitting it. Had I not been able to submit it as you did, I would have been very upset because I would have lost my career sales! If that would have happend and HO wouldn't help me I would feel like quiting as well. I can see how you feel they don't care.

Beth is a very nice person and I'm sorry took her post the wrong way. Actually when I was reading her post I thought, "Boy she sure isn't being very nice." Then I saw it was Beth and was really shocked. I thought boy that sure came out the wrong way because I know Beth wouldn't intend to be that way.

Like others have said, I really hope you don't quit PC. It is a great business. Just take it as a lesson learned. This situation will help you coach your recruits in the future:)! Also remember you will be able to purchase the products for at least 50% off and then take that as a deduction on your taxes. So it's really not as much free as you might think:)!

Take Care,

Last edited:
Guys - as you re-read threads and comment, you HAVE to take it in context of what was there at the time the person read and that text doesn't convey meaning.I re-read this over and over and can totally see where Beth was coming from. She responded right after Tabitha's post about the host earning the $900 level and she was only at $845 and needed more. It was a confusing post and hard to tell what Tabitha meant. It could easily appear that she was trying to wait to get the host to the next level to which Beth replied from past experience of many that HO will not make an exception for that. She was JUST STATING FACT. Because she didn't appeal to the emotion of the situation, it appeared as cold. That is not Beth at all. She is very kind and sympathetic. But like others (myself included) we are not mushy, overly emotional reactionary people. We laugh, we cry, our hearts break with you, but we look at situations logically - cause and effect. She was stating Tabitha what effects to expect (no leniency) for the cause (show not submitted on time). She (Beth) immediately posted that she hoped she took the post wrong and that wasn't the case but then was called some very rude names. That was uncalled for and I'm sure hurt her very much.I'm sure Tabitha is reacting emotionally to a very rough situation for herself and hope she doesn't make a harsh decision and quit PC, but her reaction to Beth was uncalled for. She did apologize and hopefully those two can square that away between them.We should not be adding further fuel and hurt to the fire by taking sides here and making it a Beth vs. Tabitha thing. It is a Tabitha vs. her software thing!I'm sorry she had a crash and missed incentives, but like anything else in life, put on the big girl panties and get over it. If you react emotionally and give up something potentially good (PC) over something minor you've just given up many potential blessings.When life hands you a tough time, you don't throw up your hands and blame someone or something else...you dig in work a little harder and remember life isn't fair, but this too shall pass.I truly believe that we are learning to teach our kids unfairly. We teach them the mushy emotional side of "Oh I'm so sorry, you shouldn't have to deal with that." Our kids learn to be all about me rather than about service to others. I want my kids to learn that even if you do everything right, life hands you unfair situations. You may truly deserve better, but it may not come. So, don't blame others, but move on and MAKE something better.Ok, getting off soapbox now.Beth - thank you for your honesty and logical advice, sorry you were make to feel like crap for pointing out possible effects to think about.Tabitha - sorry you didn't get the products, but take the lesson, keep chugging and your hard work will earn you more than this measly round of products.

Last edited:
janetupnorth said:
Guys - as you re-read threads and comment, you HAVE to take it in context of what was there at the time the person read and that text doesn't convey meaning.

I re-read this over and over and can totally see where Beth was coming from. She responded right after Tabitha's post about the host earning the $900 level and she was only at $845 and needed more. It was a confusing post and hard to tell what Tabitha meant. It could easily appear that she was trying to wait to get the host to the next level to which Beth replied from past experience of many that HO will not make an exception for that. She was JUST STATING FACT. Because she didn't appeal to the emotion of the situation, it appeared as cold. That is not Beth at all. She is very kind and sympathetic. But like others (myself included) we are not mushy, overly emotional reactionary people. We laugh, we cry, our hearts break with you, but we look at situations logically - cause and effect. She was stating Tabitha what effects to expect (no leniency) for the cause (show not submitted on time).

She (Beth) immediately posted that she hoped she took the post wrong and that wasn't the case but then was called some very rude names.

That was uncalled for and I'm sure hurt her very much.

I'm sure Tabitha is reacting emotionally to a very rough situation for herself and hope she doesn't make a harsh decision and quit PC, but her reaction to Beth was uncalled for.

She did apologize and hopefully those two can square that away between them.

We should not be adding further fuel and hurt to the fire by taking sides here and making it a Beth vs. Tabitha thing.

It is a Tabitha vs. her software thing!

I'm sorry she had a crash and missed incentives, but like anything else in life, put on the big girl panties and get over it. If you react emotionally and give up something potentially good (PC) over something minor you've just given up many potential blessings.

When life hands you a tough time, you don't throw up your hands and blame someone or something else...you dig in work a little harder and remember life isn't fair, but this too shall pass.

I truly believe that we are learning to teach our kids unfairly. We teach them the mushy emotional side of "Oh I'm so sorry, you shouldn't have to deal with that." Our kids learn to be all about me rather than about service to others.

I want my kids to learn that even if you do everything right, life hands you unfair situations. You may truly deserve better, but it may not come. So, don't blame others, but move on and MAKE something better.

Ok, getting off soapbox now.

Beth - thank you for your honesty and logical advice, sorry you were make to feel like crap for pointing out possible effects to think about.

Tabitha - sorry you didn't get the products, but keep take the lesson, keep chugging and your hard work will earn you more than this measly round of products.

AMEN.

Thank you

I believe even if she was waiting for the host to get to the next level, if it was a PP problem she should not be penalized for it. Just my opinion. If HO wants to be so strict on the rules they should give us 5 days to close the shows from the month in order to get credit. If you have a show on the 30th it's very unlikely you will get it closed the same day. That means the party doesn't count for the current month or the next month incentives.

Okay, I just want to give a little different perspective. Please do not throw stones at me.

There is a possibility the computer in question took down PP3. It could have been a virus, a clitch in the computer or even virus protection software. Something made it crash out. I (knock on wood three times) have not experienced a problem like that. However, I am ready with backups of my system. Now if there were known problems with PP3 from a recent update, I would expect Pampered Chef to make an exception. I have not read of any problems of that nature, so I do not think an exception is warranted.

As a suggestion for anyone else that might experience something like this in the future, if your system crashes and you are down to the wire, call a PC friend and have them sign on as you and submit that show. If my system crashed I do not know if I would have thought about that solution, but now I will keep that in the back of my mind. I will even share the idea with my team.

Now if I misunderstood the crash of the system, please again do not throw stones at me. Just politely point out my goofiness.

janetupnorth said:
Guys - as you re-read threads and comment, you HAVE to take it in context of what was there at the time the person read and that text doesn't convey meaning.

I re-read this over and over and can totally see where Beth was coming from. She responded right after Tabitha's post about the host earning the $900 level and she was only at $845 and needed more. It was a confusing post and hard to tell what Tabitha meant. It could easily appear that she was trying to wait to get the host to the next level to which Beth replied from past experience of many that HO will not make an exception for that. She was JUST STATING FACT. Because she didn't appeal to the emotion of the situation, it appeared as cold. That is not Beth at all. She is very kind and sympathetic. But like others (myself included) we are not mushy, overly emotional reactionary people. We laugh, we cry, our hearts break with you, but we look at situations logically - cause and effect. She was stating Tabitha what effects to expect (no leniency) for the cause (show not submitted on time).

She (Beth) immediately posted that she hoped she took the post wrong and that wasn't the case but then was called some very rude names.

That was uncalled for and I'm sure hurt her very much.

I'm sure Tabitha is reacting emotionally to a very rough situation for herself and hope she doesn't make a harsh decision and quit PC, but her reaction to Beth was uncalled for.

She did apologize and hopefully those two can square that away between them.

We should not be adding further fuel and hurt to the fire by taking sides here and making it a Beth vs. Tabitha thing.

It is a Tabitha vs. her software thing!

I'm sorry she had a crash and missed incentives, but like anything else in life, put on the big girl panties and get over it. If you react emotionally and give up something potentially good (PC) over something minor you've just given up many potential blessings.

When life hands you a tough time, you don't throw up your hands and blame someone or something else...you dig in work a little harder and remember life isn't fair, but this too shall pass.

I truly believe that we are learning to teach our kids unfairly. We teach them the mushy emotional side of "Oh I'm so sorry, you shouldn't have to deal with that." Our kids learn to be all about me rather than about service to others.

I want my kids to learn that even if you do everything right, life hands you unfair situations. You may truly deserve better, but it may not come. So, don't blame others, but move on and MAKE something better.

Ok, getting off soapbox now.

Beth - thank you for your honesty and logical advice, sorry you were make to feel like crap for pointing out possible effects to think about.

Tabitha - sorry you didn't get the products, but take the lesson, keep chugging and your hard work will earn you more than this measly round of products.

:::::::Standing up & applauding:::::::::::::::

I just wanted to give an update before this post is done. I agree that it has gotten long. Nothing has changed or is going to be changed. It is what it is. Lesson learned. Make sure your backups work. Get shows closed earlier. Write down orders on orderforms instead of allowing host to give them to you over the phone or on napkins, sticky notes, etc. I probably won't leave the company, but I do still have a bad taste in my mouth about the situation. It still hurts, not just the sellathon, but loosing all my contacts. That is the big owie. I don't have any phone numbers, addresses or names of possible host unless they booked this past month. (There are some that say they will do a party when the -fill in the blank- is on sale.) I've lost it all. I do have a few email addresses that I have stored in my email account, but that's it. I've just got to move on. I tried to upload the new p3 yesterday. I though, what the heck. What have I got to loose. THe reason why I haven't already loaded it was I was afraid I would loose my contacts. LOL. That's already happened. What have I got to loose now? So, I've got to call tech support once again to get them to help me load it because it wouldn't load for me yesterday. Anyways, one more little drama to add to the saga. I had emailed tech support after I got off the phone with them Monday night and asked for them to make note in my record that I wasn't able to get the show submitted due to technical issues with my pampered partner and the response that I got back floored me. The tech wrote back that I had this issue for over a month and had ample time to get it fixed! He also said that if I had called tech support earlier in the month, I would have gotten it in on time. This was news to me. I didn't know I had a problem until Monday night at 9 pm. I submitted 2 shows earlier in the month and didn't have a problem at all with them nor did I ever have any indication that anything was corrupt with my pampered partner. Heck, I don't think I've had to call tech support ever in 4 years. Anyways, it's reasons like this that make me bitter towards the company. What they indicated was a boldface lie to me.

Tabitha~ I would call and ask for a supervisor at tech support. Ask them about the email you recieved...we have all gotten ahold of an operator who didn't know what they were talking about, so I would ask them about it. How the heck do they know how long you had the problem? Did they contact you and tell you to fix it? How can they have expected you to KNOW when it worked for you earlier in the month? These are questions that you deserve to have answered.

I am sooooooooo sorry that you lost all of your contact info! That has got to be an even harder pill to swallow...perhaps through working with tech support they may be able to recover some of it? Just thinking out loud here...

Glad to hear that you are reconsidering and planning on staying with PC. I hate to see anyone put so much hard work into their business and then walk away from it.

tabnat80 said:
I just wanted to give an update before this post is done. I agree that it has gotten long. Nothing has changed or is going to be changed. It is what it is. Lesson learned. Make sure your backups work. Get shows closed earlier. Write down orders on orderforms instead of allowing host to give them to you over the phone or on napkins, sticky notes, etc. I probably won't leave the company, but I do still have a bad taste in my mouth about the situation. It still hurts, not just the sellathon, but loosing all my contacts. That is the big owie. I don't have any phone numbers, addresses or names of possible host unless they booked this past month. (There are some that say they will do a party when the -fill in the blank- is on sale.) I've lost it all. I do have a few email addresses that I have stored in my email account, but that's it. I've just got to move on. I tried to upload the new p3 yesterday. I though, what the heck. What have I got to loose. THe reason why I haven't already loaded it was I was afraid I would loose my contacts. LOL. That's already happened. What have I got to loose now? So, I've got to call tech support once again to get them to help me load it because it wouldn't load for me yesterday. Anyways, one more little drama to add to the saga. I had emailed tech support after I got off the phone with them Monday night and asked for them to make note in my record that I wasn't able to get the show submitted due to technical issues with my pampered partner and the response that I got back floored me. The tech wrote back that I had this issue for over a month and had ample time to get it fixed! He also said that if I had called tech suppot earlier in the month, I would have gotten it in on time. This was news to me. I didn't know I had a problem until Monday night at 9 pm. I submitted 2 shows earlier in the month and didn't have a problem at all with them nor did I ever have any indication that anything was corrupt with my pampered partner. Heck, I don't think I've had to call tech support ever in 4 years. Anyways, it's reasons like this that make me bitter towards the company. What they indicated was a boldface lie to me.

I highly recommend you seek help outside of PC Tech Support to find out if they could retrieve your information. Our PC Tech Support group is totally awesome. However, getting someone who can go physically go into your computer may give you the results you need. I had a computer completely die on me one day. A wonderful computer guy was able to take all of my information off the old computer and put it onto a hard drive.

I am concerned that your computer is having some major problems. Loading PP3 was incredibly easy for me. If you are having problems loading it, I think you probably need to have someone do some diagnostics on your computer.

I agree with Lisa - I can't believe that even with a corrupt file, not even some of it can be saved....and the diagnostics on your PC. Do you have any of the old files still? If you want to e-mail me any of your old database files, I'd be glad to look and see if they are in a format to be accessed.Also, like others suggested - continue pushing HO and tech support and ask for a supervisor and see what still can be done.

If you have your back-ups HO should be able to help you retrieve that information.

pamperedlinda said:
If you have your back-ups HO should be able to help you retrieve that information.

Very true - ANY old back-up will at least get SOME of it!

I still have a PP disk somewhere at home too, like I said, I'd be glad to try to bring it up for you on a working system.

I've loaded P3 on 4 different computers of various ages with no issues on loading. Your PC sounds like it is dying on you...at least the harddrive.

Please note the July booking challenge rules. They state that even if there are computer glitches, etc. if they don't have the info they need by the cut off time, then they will not go back and change anything.

Just an FYI for all to keep in mind.

I can't imagine if my computer crashed. We would all be beyond frustrated.

Tabitha, I too am sorry. I hope you get a supervisor at tech support to straighten this out. I really think that since you were spending so much time on hold with them when you could have used that time to track down the customers, I think they should be able to see that it is their fault.

And I can SO RELATE! I had my hard drive crash on me. I had to re-install the software on another computer and call one of the customers to get her credit card number ... and call a tardy customer to get the order she was putting off. Fortunately the computer crashed on Friday night and not Monday evening. Had it crashed at that time, I would have been so out of luck ... had my roomate been sleeping, I never would have been able to install the software on the other computer.

And really, for the life of me, I cannot understand why a company as large as ours does not have an online database of our customers. I have had my data erased TWICE (once because P3 was overlooked during an upgrade, again because of the hard drive failure.) The first time, some nice but clueless customer service rep actually read me the names of my customers and told me what they ordered ... the second time, I doubt I'll get the same courtesy. And meanwhile ... if I do re-enter them, they will still be unsubmitted shows, and I willl be unable to search for, say, who ordered the small microcooker, etc.

Finally ... I can understand your frustration. It is very easy to take someone's words the wrong way .. especially when you are stressed out. Hugs ... and chocolate to you!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Christ Follower
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pampered.chris
  • DebbieJ