• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I'm Having a Bit of Trouble With the APampered Chefs. I Borrowed One From a

In summary, the conversation discussed difficulties with using the APCS to peel apples, including suggestions to change the depth of the blade and use hard apples such as Granny Smith. Additionally, a tip for using Jello powder to create gummy worm-like apple peels was shared. The conversation also mentioned the importance of keeping the apples cold during demonstrations.
pamperedchristine
Gold Member
I'm having a bit of trouble with the APCS. I borrowed one from a family friend so that I can demo it in this apple season, and I must be apple-challenged, because I rarely (no matter how slow/fast I go) get it all to peel right. I was wondering if the apple were cold, if that would help.. any suggestions? I cleaned it all, so there's nothing small stuck in any of the blades.

thanks!

Try changing the depth of the blade.

I agree, check the depth of the blade and make sure that you are placing the apples on stem first. That way the stem doesn't get stuck at the end.

When you do get it to work correctly I have a great tip for he peel. I'm sure this has been posted already, but I just tried it for myself.

use a box of Jello powder and coat the peel well, place it on a stone and bake for about 8-10 minutes at 350. when you take them out, coat them in the jello powder again. They taste just like gummy worms!

Shana: The gummi wormms: I am soooo going to do that! Thank you!!!

How do you...Try changing the depth of the blade? I have no clue how to do that. Could you please let me know? Thanks in advance.
Cynthia

I'll try to explain how to change the depth...
There is a wing nut on top of the "u-shaped" piece that slices the apple. Loosen it and carefully push or pull the blade in or out. Then tighten the wing nut back.

Hard apples onlyI found this out the hard way. I tried to use red delicious apples on my APSC at a show and it was a disaster. The apples basically fell apart and there was nothing left when I finished cranking the appled through the corer.

My director told me later only use very hard apples on the APSC. Now I only use granny smith apples to demo this product.

I have only done Granny Smiths and it has worked well. I also keep them in the fridge and I think that helps.

just used the APCS at a fair this past week. we tried macintosh, but they just fell apart. red delicious, jonathan and rome all worked well, especially when they were cold (we kept them in a cooler with ice surrounding them).. everyone was pleased. the APCS worked well, and people got COLD apples.. because who wants to eat a warm apple, right?

1. What is the APampered Chef and how does it work?

The APampered Chef is a versatile kitchen tool that can mix, chop, blend, and puree ingredients with ease. It works by using a powerful motor and sharp blades to quickly and efficiently process food.

2. I borrowed an APampered Chef from a friend, but I'm having trouble using it. What could be the issue?

There are a few possible reasons for having trouble with the APampered Chef. First, make sure that the blades are properly attached and the lid is securely in place. Also, check that the ingredients are cut into small enough pieces to fit through the feeding tube. Finally, the motor may be overheating if the machine is used for an extended period of time. Allow it to cool down before using it again.

3. Can the APampered Chef handle hot ingredients?

Yes, the APampered Chef can safely handle hot ingredients. However, it is important to be cautious when using the machine with hot liquids, as they can cause splashing. Always use the lid and feeding tube to prevent any accidents.

4. Can I wash the APampered Chef in the dishwasher?

No, the APampered Chef is not dishwasher safe. To clean it, simply disassemble the parts and wash them in warm, soapy water. Make sure to dry the parts thoroughly before reassembling.

5. Is the APampered Chef covered by a warranty?

Yes, the APampered Chef comes with a limited warranty that covers any defects in materials or workmanship for one year from the date of purchase. If you experience any issues with your APampered Chef, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lanelly7
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • fallonp321
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Stephanie S