• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for Finding Affordable Flight Deals: Flying to Conference from Texas

In summary, Leslie has recently registered for a conference and is now facing the dilemma of finding decent air fares. She has never made plane reservations before and is seeking advice on how to find deals for her flight from Texas, specifically from Austin, Killeen, Waco, or Dallas. She has been suggested to use websites like expedia.com and kayak.com to search for prices and then go directly to the airline's website for potential better deals. Some fellow consultants have recommended checking out Southwest Airlines, but Leslie is hesitant due to the need to change flights multiple times. In the conversation, it is also mentioned that Southwest flies into Midway in Chicago and offers perks such as not having to pay for checked bags. Additionally, there is a discussion
lesliec
ok, i just registered for conference. now i am in delimma.... i don't know how to find decent air fares. the flight that was suggested by a fellow consultant has sky rocketed to $700. I have never made plane reservations so need some help as to how to find deals. I will be flying from texas, could do austin, killeen, waco, or dallas.....
help!!!!

lesliec said:
ok, i just registered for conference. now i am in delimma.... i don't know how to find decent air fares. the flight that was suggested by a fellow consultant has sky rocketed to $700. I have never made plane reservations so need some help as to how to find deals. I will be flying from texas, could do austin, killeen, waco, or dallas.....
help!!!!

Hi Leslie,

Glad to hear that you will be attending conference. It will be an experience that you will never forget and will be such a boost to your business. Take a look at expedia.com, or kayak.com for airfare. You can enter your dates, locations, and times and both sights will search various airlines for prices. You can then go directly to the airline websites and see if you can find any lower prices than what these two sights might give you. Hope this helps!

I like using KAYAK

Just did a quick search from Austin to Midaway, arriving Monday, leaving Thursday, and the lowest price that came up was $363. I didn't look at actual times, but you'll be able to tweak the settings to your needs.

I agree with Karen & Noora about using Kayak, and second Karen's suggestion to then go to the airline's website directly to see about better deals (often, the fees are less when booking through the airline rather than the 'discount' sites).

Do you already have a room in which to stay?

Oh, and so glad you decided to register! Looking forward to meeting you in person.

Thank you. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I have found a couple in the $350 range on those sites, but when I look up the same flight on AA.com it jumps to $720.....
Yes, I have a room. I am staying with people from my cluster.

I've looked on Southwest, but they don't fly to O'Hare, and I would have to change flights 2times each way. They are super cheap though.

AA normally does cost more than SouthWest..

a lot of us fly into Midway..

lesliec said:
I've looked on Southwest, but they don't fly to O'Hare, and I would have to change flights 2times each way. They are super cheap though.

Southwest flies into Midway in Chicago. For the cost, it would be worth it if you can find it much cheaper (and we prefer them over the other airlines when we can fly them- they actually still treat the customers super nice and don't nickel and dime you for everything! :D)

I found my flight on cheaptickets.com
I'll have to check Kayak next time!

esavvymom said:
Southwest flies into Midway in Chicago. For the cost, it would be worth it if you can find it much cheaper (and we prefer them over the other airlines when we can fly them- they actually still treat the customers super nice and don't nickel and dime you for everything! :D)

Yes, you don't have to pay for your checked bags and such. I've always flown to Midway when I go to conference. I just hop on the train for $2 to get to the hotel, so that saves me even more.

I don't know if Frontier or Midwest airlines go your way, but when I checked Kayak it didn't find the Frontier or Midwest flights that Travelocity did for my Colorado trip. I panicked because I thought flights had gone up. They have ... but only a little.

I am planning on going to conference, but cannot register by today. Is it any big deal beside's the extra $75 to register onsite?? Do they never not have room? Can I still pick classes to go to registering when I get there? My first time of going so not sure of anything at this point. If someone could help me, please get back to me.

debbieskitchenhelper said:
I am planning on going to conference, but cannot register by today. Is it any big deal beside's the extra $75 to register onsite?? Do they never not have room? Can I still pick classes to go to registering when I get there? My first time of going so not sure of anything at this point. If someone could help me, please get back to me.

If you do on-site registration the only difference is the extra $75 and some classes that you might want may be filled. I have changed my classes on-site and never had trouble getting what I wanted so you should be fine. As far as a room - just be sure to contact your upline or this site and put out the word that you need a spot. I'm sure you'll get in with someone or if you have to there are other hotel rooms available not far from the conference hotels.

As soon as you know you are going start looking for the hotel and figure out your transportation.

I do have a room with someone, and I was going to drive but the tickets at Southwest is not bad at all so I am going to try to get one through them. As for classes,, I am just thrilled to be able to go. So just to go I will gladly pay the extra $75. I was just curious if anyone else had ever went and registered onsite. If I had the money today , it would be no problem but I don't so this is the way it is.
Thanks for your help.

NooraK said:
Yes, you don't have to pay for your checked bags and such. I've always flown to Midway when I go to conference. I just hop on the train for $2 to get to the hotel, so that saves me even more.

Hi Noora,

Can you give me information on taking the train from Midway to the hotel? I've often thought about doing this but I've been afraid to just because I don't know anything about it, where you get the train, where the stopping points are, etc. I'd be very interested. I'm flying into Midway and staying at Chicago Hilton.

Thanks a bunch!

Thanks all for your support. I finally found them on AA for $351. I can't purchase until tonight or in the morning, but am so excited. It may save me a bit to go Southwest, but we are about an hour and a half from the airport here, so getting to ride to the airport and save on parking and such is worth more than the savings of $20-30 on airfare. I think I will be able to pull it off with just a carry on, if I can borrow one from a friend, and not have to worry about the extra fees there. I am so pumped. I am going extra cheap-o this time, and am going to have to figure out how to pay for child care while I am gone so I hope it is well worth it.

Karen said:
Hi Noora,Can you give me information on taking the train from Midway to the hotel? I've often thought about doing this but I've been afraid to just because I don't know anything about it, where you get the train, where the stopping points are, etc. I'd be very interested. I'm flying into Midway and staying at Chicago Hilton.Thanks a bunch!
Here is the link to plan your trip, as long as you get on the right line it's pretty easy...http://www.transitchicago.com/

Hi. Sorry I just saw this....I'm going to Conference too! Wahoo....but the point is, I'm also a full time Travel Agent for the largest and oldest Travel Agency in Maryland but I serve clients from all over the country. Let me know if you're having any trouble with your airfare, booking transfers to the Hilton, etc or get in a bind. I'll have my cell phone with me before and during Conference so don't hesitate to call if you need assistance:) Valerie Williams, 410-596-5799, Roeder Travel, 9805 York Rd, Cockeysville, MD 21030 (office 410-667-6090). [email protected] See y'all there!!

So many of you have experience doing this, and yet so many are first timers. Maybe people who are willing to help others or share a cab/etc could wear logowear? I bet you'll see each other in the airports and train stations.Every time I've ever been to any kind of conference I see people at the conference that I recognize from the plane.
Marghi

lesliec said:
Thanks all for your support. I finally found them on AA for $351. I can't purchase until tonight or in the morning, but am so excited. It may save me a bit to go Southwest, but we are about an hour and a half from the airport here, so getting to ride to the airport and save on parking and such is worth more than the savings of $20-30 on airfare. I think I will be able to pull it off with just a carry on, if I can borrow one from a friend, and not have to worry about the extra fees there. I am so pumped. I am going extra cheap-o this time, and am going to have to figure out how to pay for child care while I am gone so I hope it is well worth it.

Don't forget fees for your checked bags. If you have to pay $25 for the first bag one way, that'll add $50 to your fare. Southwest doesn't charge for the first two bags.

Just something to keep in mind.

etteluap70PC said:
Here is the link to plan your trip, as long as you get on the right line it's pretty easy...

Transit Chicago

Yep, that's the site. At the airport, just follow the signs to the train. Take the Orange Line. Make sure you have singles and change for the fare, the machines don't give change, and you don't want to buy a 7-day card, you won't need it. Get off at Roosevelt, walk a block or so to Michigan Ave, and then two or three blocks to the hotel.

Last year I only had a carry-on, so walking was no problem for me.

BlueMoon said:
So many of you have experience doing this, and yet so many are first timers. Maybe people who are willing to help others or share a cab/etc could wear logowear? I bet you'll see each other in the airports and train stations.

Every time I've ever been to any kind of conference I see people at the conference that I recognize from the plane.
Marghi

We do. Most of us at least carry some logo bag or wear a shirt. I've heard lots of "Pampered Chef" shouted across the airport. Last year I was waiting for my plane out of Raleigh and a group of women were sitting behind me. I turned and asked if they were PC. What were the chances that a group of women on the same plane with me to Chicago were going to the PC Conference? Right.

I was disappointed though that last year for the first time I couldn't find anyone to share a ride to the hotel with once I got to Chicago but I took the shuttle so it all worked out.

This is my first conference too. My AD-recruiters plane shows up two hours after mine. I am going to hang at the airport, hang out on the computer, call some folks, do some reading until she gets there and will ride into the city with her.

I just bought my plane ticket last night and am really excited (it went down to $326). Can't back out now!!!!! Now to try to recruit someone before conference!!!!

I do the train EVERY year and it's very easy! Just go to the website previously listed and print off times of departures. Print off a few in case of delays. Costs like $2.00 or a bit less. Better to go with someone but it's fine during the day. If you are traveling at night best not go alone tho. It's probably fine but I don't care to. LOVE saving money! Better than a $40 cab fare!

What is the purpose of the conference?

The conference is an annual event where Pampered Chef consultants from all over the country gather to learn about new products, receive training, and network with other consultants.

When and where is the conference held?

The conference is typically held in July or August and the location varies each year. This information will be announced by Pampered Chef closer to the date of the event.

Who can attend the conference?

The conference is open to all active Pampered Chef consultants. If you are not currently a consultant, you can still attend by signing up and becoming a consultant before the conference date.

What should I bring to the conference?

Be sure to bring a notebook, pen, and any necessary business materials such as business cards. Comfortable shoes are also recommended as there will be a lot of walking and standing.

Will there be any special events or activities at the conference?

Yes, there will be various events and activities planned throughout the conference, such as a welcome reception, awards ceremony, and special training sessions. More information about these events will be provided closer to the date of the conference.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 28sal
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
katie0128
  • PampMomof3
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
Replies