• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling with Time Management and Recruiting for Directorship in PC Business

In summary, In order to achieve directorship by Mar. 1st, I need to find more time to call and fewer people are home when I do. I will also try to book calls and have a show on Jan. 25th in order to increase my chances of success.
crystalscookingnow
Gold Member
I really would like to achieve directorship by Mar. 1st. I currently have 3 recruits, one of which is qualified, one is in SS1 & the third just went inactive. I have a show on Jan. 25th & then have 5 in Feb. I really would like to make this happen, I'm just not sure how to go about it.

I am having a hard way finding time to get on the phone. I'm a SAHM. It seems as though when I do have time to call, no ones home. I try to make calls in the evening, but when I actually do try to make them, people aren't home. I just feels as though I'm spinning my wheels trying to make customer care/host coaching & booking/recruiting calls, no one is home or they're avoiding me.

I don't want to not make this happen b/c I know that I'm good at what I do & I love PC too, I just feel like I'm spinning my wheels.

Anyone have suggestions for me? I know I'm feeling sorry for myself. I just want this so bad, but I feel like I'm begging people to do this & I know that's not the way that it should be.

I have trouble with getting ahold of people too... I use naptime to make calls, but people who work are never home. By the time I get my kids in bed at 8 I try to make calls, but people are gone for the evening or just don't pick up. I was thinking that I would mail out some packets to recruit leads, then call. They might pick up or be more interested in actually talking with me if they already know what I want.

I was going to experiment this weekend and see if I can get more people because they are home, also a lot of people have Monday off.

We have a thread with a bunch of us that want director March 1st:
http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=14532

I have been listening to Belinda A LOT and was really inspired. She says that everything you do is another "click" up the roller coaster to get to the top (your goal!).

Ditto!I know exactly how you feel...I feel the same way. I started out great, earned all 3 SS month goals, got a bunch of stuff for free...then after that, even when I did get on the phone, still nothing. I figured it was because of the holidays, so I waited. This past week, made several phone calls...and still nothing. I also have a show on the 25th, but nothing for Feb or beyond. I know this isn't much help, but I just wanted 2 let u know that you're not alone...and I'm looking forward to see replies from the PRO PC-ers on this.
Keep trying.....I know I am!
whoops - went back and looked - put this in the wrong thread...should have been in bookings...sorry!

Last edited:
crystalscookingnow said:
I really would like to achieve directorship by Mar. 1st. I currently have 3 recruits, one of which is qualified, one is in SS1 & the third just went inactive. I have a show on Jan. 25th & then have 5 in Feb. I really would like to make this happen.
above quote ONLY changed to leave out the frustrated bit at the end!
Read the above statement, it is very powerful. You are telling us that you have recruited 3 times two are active and you are on your way to directorship march 1st! Yippee! Awesome... and you are lookin' good 1 show for january and 5 already for febuary. You sound like you are definetly on track!
As for the phone calls, I say make them when you can, be very specific, host coach on the phone if you must. For booking calls try to get a friend, neighbor whoever to take your kids 1 night this week for an hour and a half. Pay them in your undying gratitude if you have to. Have yourself COMPLETELY set up to make calls, all your phone numbers together, your available dates out and your big girl panties on. Call NON stop for the entire time you have be positive and ask all the questions
1-host a show
2- book party
3-be a consultant
4-CAN YOU GIVE ME A REFERRAL of one of your friends who might be interested in what I have to offer.
If you want directorship I believe this can help you and I bet you can make it happen.
Good luck!
Oh, an extra little tip......use *67 to block your phone number so then you know someone isn't avoiding you! HeeHee :D

Thank you Cheryl & Gillian for the encouraging words. I am planning my 1 1/2 hour phone time for Wednesday night. I made 5 calls last night already. One was to host coach, one was for customer care & the other 3 were for bookings. The customer care call was super good, she was so thankful that I called. She had a return that I processed for her (she sent it back) & I was checking to make sure everything was to her satisfaction. The host coaching call went equally as well. She is a super excited host. One of the three bookings calls said she wanted to book in April/May, another said to call the 2nd week of February for a March party. I had to leave a message with the third, but I was so proud of myself for getting on the phone! I've got another list for calls for tonight. :)

Thank you for the pick me up that you ladies gave me. It really helped!

Crystal

Way To Go Crystal!!!!

Way to go, Crystal! Let us know how Wednesday goes. It sounds like you're already got a great start.

Well, last night was Wednesday....and I did it! I got on the phone for about 1 hour & 20 minutes. My husband & I went to a seminar about an hour away from home, so we had a sitter. I took my stuff with me b/c I figured I'd get bored sitting in this seminar. The classroom was so full, I volunteered to sit in the lobby (it was at a hotel) & do some work. I had my laptop with me, so I had all of my customers' information. I made phone calls to people from shows in October - December, plus some other calls that I had already planned on. I booked FOUR parties, got TWO orders & made tons of good connections with people that want to be on my mailing list for specials & new products. I was so proud of myself! I even talked to people that I see on a regular basis & one of those ladies was one of the bookings (she just hadn't gotten around to talking to me about it) and another was the order.

I didn't get any recruit leads, but I still felt better about what I was doing. I have some more calls to make tonight & I'm hoping for equal success!

I agree with those that have said:

GET ON THE PHONE!!!!

Sounds like your back on track. Keep up the good work, sounds like you got your second wind. Think positive YOU WILL BE A DIRECTOR and walk in July. If you are going on the 2 wave I will be walking with you.

Yep - I'll be there at Wave 2! See ya then! We can be walking buddies! :)

crystalscookingnow said:
Yep - I'll be there at Wave 2! See ya then! We can be walking buddies! :)

I'll be at Wave 2, too. If I can't walk with ya, I'll cheer REEEEAAAAALLLLYYY loud!

raebates said:
I'll be at Wave 2, too. If I can't walk with ya, I'll cheer REEEEAAAAALLLLYYY loud!

:D Sounds good! I'll be looking for you to walk, otherwise, I'll be listening for you.

What can I do when I'm feeling discouraged with my Pampered Chef business?

Feeling discouraged is a common experience for many entrepreneurs, and those in the Pampered Chef business are no exception. Here are five things you can do to overcome discouragement:

1. Connect with other consultants: Share your struggles with fellow consultants and seek support and advice from those who have been in your shoes.
  2. Revisit your "why": Reflect on your reasons for joining Pampered Chef and remind yourself of the impact you can have on others through this business.
  3. Set achievable goals: Sometimes, feeling discouraged can stem from feeling overwhelmed. Set realistic goals for yourself and work towards them one step at a time.
  4. Attend trainings and events: These events can provide valuable insights, motivation, and inspiration to keep going when you're feeling down.
  5. Take a break: If you're feeling burnt out, it's important to take a step back and recharge. Spend time doing something you enjoy or take a mini vacation to refresh your mind and spirit.

How do I stay motivated when I'm not seeing the success I hoped for?

It's important to remember that success takes time and effort. Here are some ways to stay motivated when you're not seeing immediate results:

1. Celebrate small victories: Even if you're not hitting your ultimate goals, celebrate the small wins along the way. This will keep you motivated and give you a sense of accomplishment.
  2. Track your progress: Seeing how far you've come can be a great motivator. Keep track of your sales, bookings, and other key metrics to see your progress over time.
  3. Find an accountability partner: Having someone to hold you accountable and provide support can make a big difference in staying motivated.
  4. Read success stories: Reading about others' success can inspire and motivate you to keep going.
  5. Revisit your goals and adjust if necessary: If you're not seeing the results you hoped for, it may be time to reassess your goals and make adjustments to your strategy.

How can I overcome self-doubt and negative thoughts?

Self-doubt and negative thoughts can be major roadblocks in any business endeavor. Here are some tips for overcoming them:

1. Identify the root of your doubts: Understanding why you're feeling doubtful can help you address and overcome those thoughts.
  2. Practice positive self-talk: Replace negative thoughts with positive affirmations and reminders of your strengths and accomplishments.
  3. Surround yourself with positive influences: Spend time with supportive friends and colleagues who believe in you and your abilities.
  4. Take action: Sometimes, the best way to combat self-doubt is to take action. Focus on tasks that will move your business forward and prove to yourself that you are capable.
  5. Seek support and guidance: Don't be afraid to reach out to your upline, fellow consultants, or a mentor for advice and support when you're feeling doubtful.

What resources are available to help me when I'm feeling discouraged?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of resources to support consultants when they're feeling discouraged:

• Consultant support line: Our support line is available to answer any questions or concerns you may have about your business.
  • Online training and webinars: Our online training platform is a great resource for learning new skills, gaining inspiration, and staying motivated.
  • Community groups: Joining a community group can provide a sense of belonging and support from other consultants.
  • Leadership and mentorship programs: Our leadership and mentorship programs can provide valuable guidance and support for your business.
  • Consultant events: Attend local, regional, and national events to connect with other consultants and gain valuable insights and motivation.

Is it normal to feel discouraged in my Pampered Chef business?

Yes, it

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• slhalepc
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
slhalepc
  • PCCHeather0506
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PChefPEI